Sign in to follow this  
REO

Jason RAGE Buffs:

Proposed new improvements to RAGE:

• During Rage, Jason now receives diminishing stun immunity against all weapons except Shotguns. 

What this means:
When Jason has Rage, each time he is stunned by a melee weapon, firecracker, bear tap, or a flare gun, his stun timer is permanently reduced by 1% for the rest of the match. This stacks and means that if you were stunned ten times during rage, you now have a 10% timer decrease on your next stun. Shotguns are not affected by this and always stun for the same amount of time no matter what.

• During Rage, Jason now heavily damages the car when he performs the "E" action prompt.

What this means:
When Jason has Rage active, he can damage the car far greater than he normally would when performing the "E" action prompt smash. After this happens, a counselor will have to perform a small QTE repair in the front of the car before it will be able to start again with the keys.

• During Rage, pocket knives are now weaker.

What this means:
Once Jason has his Rage active, a counselor who stabs him with a pocket knife will only render Jason stunned for half of the time period that it would normally stun him.

• During Rage, fear is now amplified.

What this means:
While in Rage mode, Jason now amplifies the level of fear around him much greater than he normally would. Counselors get scared easier and their fear increases faster the longer they are near Jason. The max level of fear when the counselor has a dark screen will not go away until they get away from the vicinity of Jason.

Additionally, there are two new ways for Jason to acquire Rage:

• Jason now instantly enters Rage Mode if cops are successfully called.
  • Jason now instantly enters Rage Mode if he is demasked.
  • Like 4

17 minutes ago, REO said:

When Jason has Rage active, he can damage the car far greater than he normally would when performing the "E" action prompt smash. After this happens, a counselor will have to perform a small QTE repair in the front of the car before it will be able to start again with the keys.

NO. It's a bitch to get it started in the first place and the car is already nerfed.

17 minutes ago, REO said:
  • During Rage, pocket knives are now weaker.

What this means:
Once Jason has his Rage active, a counselor who stabs him with a pocket knife will only render Jason stunned for half of the time period that it would normally stun him.

He's hardly stunned at all with pocketknives as is. Gotta say no to this one as well.

The rest I can get behind.

• Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, BetsyPalmer said:

NO. It's a bitch to get it started in the first place and the car is already nerfed.

I get car started with counselors literally every match. Sometimes two of them get started in one match. . .

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Mr. Blonde said:

I get car started with counselors literally every match. Sometimes two of them get started in one match. . .

When Jason crashes the car and is pursuing you, you don't want to have to perform a QTE. . .

2 minutes ago, BetsyPalmer said:

When Jason crashes the car and is pursuing you, you don't want to have to perform a QTE. . .

There's this thing called a team. It's pretty OP if you combine it with team work.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mr. Blonde said:

There's this thing called a team. It's pretty OP if you combine it with team work.

There's this thing called quick-play and not everyone wanting to team.

2 minutes ago, BetsyPalmer said:

There's this thing called quick-play and not everyone wanting to team.

Balance shouldn't be factored around players that don't know how to play the game.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Balance shouldn't be factored around players that don't know how to play the game.

Who says team-work is the way to play this game? What if someone didn't want to be around other counselors because that kind of play-style suits them best?

What if someone doesn't have a mic? What if someone mutes everyone so they can concentrate?

You can't rely on team-work all the time in this game. It makes it easier sure, but the reality of it is that most people don't utilize that strategy.

Guaranteed over 50% of people use QP. A lot of those lobbies are filled with newbie counselors and newbie Jasons; hence the dramatic nerfs and buffs left and right to the game because people bitch and moan over "x" not being "fair." So it sure as hell seems as if balancing is factored around people who "don't know how to play the game."

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, BetsyPalmer said:

Who says team-work is the way to play this game? What if someone didn't want to be around other counselors because that kind of play-style suits them best?

What if someone doesn't have a mic? What if someone mutes everyone so they can concentrate?

You can't rely on team-work all the time in this game. It makes it easier sure, but the reality of it is that most people don't utilize that strategy.

Guaranteed over 50% of people use QP. A lot of those lobbies are filled with newbie counselors and newbie Jasons; hence the dramatic nerfs and buffs left and right to the game because people bitch and moan over "x" not being "fair." So it sure as hell seems as if balancing is factored around people who "don't know how to play the game."

You can play however you want. Hence why the people who "lone wolf" and don't play as a "team" often get killed on their own, and should be.

Balance should be factored around what-if seven smart players decide to play counselor, can a Jason who knows what they are doing handle it?

Balance should not be factored around little Timmy who goes on his own in QP because he doesn't care about team work and his Mom bought him the game for Christmas. (which he will stop playing in a couple months anyway as soon as another shiny new game releases)

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Mr. Blonde said:

You can play however you want. Hence why the people who "lone wolf" and don't play as a "team" often get killed on their own, and should be.

That not necessarily true... I lone wolf all the time.

9 minutes ago, Mr. Blonde said:

Balance should be factored around what-if seven smart players decide to play counselor, can a Jason who knows what they are doing handle it?

I don't agree with this logic. If they're going to balance it for "smart counselors" they need to balance it for a "smart Jason" as well. You know, one that won't allow himself to get stun lock and won't bitch and complain about his mechanics. 

14 minutes ago, BetsyPalmer said:

I don't agree with this logic. If they're going to balance it for "smart counselors" they need to balance it for a "smart Jason" as well. You know, one that won't allow himself to get stun lock and won't bitch and complain about his mechanics. 

Yep. You're pretty naive.

I thought it would be common knowledge by now that Jason is severely under-powered and gets wrecked vs competent teams of counselors that know how to play properly.

Apparently it's not and Jason is just as 'good' as the counselors.

1498115276712.gif

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Mr. Blonde said:

Yep. You're pretty naive.

I thought it would be common knowledge by now that Jason is severely under-powered and gets wrecked vs competent teams of counselors that know how to play properly.

Apparently it's not and Jason is just as 'good' as the counselors.

1498115276712.gif

Yep. You're stubborn as to some how disprove me when all the logic is there. Pitty.

Wrong. He is not "severely under-powered". People like you are what's wrong with this game. Jason's grab was nerfed a little to hard (which is more than likely to be fixed next patch) and his morph has always been shit.

There is nothing else wrong with Jason himself. Remove that stick from your ass.

Git gud.

edit: It seems as if people forget how strong and intimidating he used to be before all of these "fixes" that just caused more problems.

tumblr_obuhs22nv71vayxj5o1_500.gif

4 minutes ago, BetsyPalmer said:

Yep. You're stubborn as to some how disprove me when all the logic is there. Pitty.

Wrong. He is not "severely under-powered". People like you are what's wrong with this game. Jason's grab was nerfed a little to hard (which is more than likely to be fixed next patch) and his morph has always been ass.

There is nothing else wrong with Jason himself. Remove that stick from your ass.

Git gud.

tumblr_obuhs22nv71vayxj5o1_500.gif

You must really have trouble surviving these days with counselor. 

Maybe instead of lone wolfing and getting caught in the woods you should, I don't know, maybe be working with the team and doing objectives instead?

The only reason Jason got nerfed in F13 was because the massive amount of counselor crying. Now you expect all the Jason players that post their two cents on the current horrendous balance of the game to not receive the proper treatment?

• Like 3

You must really have trouble surviving these days with counselor. 

Maybe instead of lone wolfing and getting caught in the woods you should, I don't know, maybe be working with the team and doing objectives instead?

The only reason Jason got nerfed in F13 was because the massive amount of counselor crying. Now you expect all the Jason players that post their two cents on the current horrendous balance of the game to not receive the proper treatment?

Level 150 son and I lone-wolf? Yeah, I must be a horrible counselor and struggle so hard!

I am also a Jason player. You're full of jokes today, aren't you?

You're not required to play as a team, but you'd better be good enough to either evade or fend off Jason solo. Heaven forbid the team with 7(+1) counselors have to do a little teamwork every now and again.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, BetsyPalmer said:

Level 150 son and I lone-wolf? Yeah, I must be a horrible counselor and struggle so hard!

Woah. You're level 150? Wow, that must mean you're amazing at the game and definitely know what you're talking about.

Not.

I'm a counselor player and I haven't lost in almost a month straight because of how badly they tipped the scales in the counselors favor.

2 minutes ago, Hal Bailman said:

You're not required to play as a team, but you'd better be good enough to either evade or fend off Jason solo. Heaven forbid the team with 7(+1) counselors have to do a little teamwork every now and again.

Thank you. 

Yeah, it's not like when I say "lone-wolf" I mean I run around the map the entire time doing nothing. I bring parts, repair, and assist when I feel it's needed or when someone asks for help. So if that accounts for teamwork, then sure, I team too.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Mr. Blonde said:

Woah. You're level 150? Wow, that must mean you're amazing at the game and definitely know what you're talking about.

Not.

I'm a counselor player and I haven't lost in almost a month straight because of how badly they tipped the scales in the counselors favor.

Add me on PS4 bub and we'll see if I'm a good counselor or not. :P

Now you're just being a plain ass and vain. A common strategy those who've lost their argument result to.

(clicked edit on last post and it posted as a new comment...)

1 minute ago, BetsyPalmer said:

Add me on PS4 bub and we'll see if I'm a good counselor or not. :P

Now you're just being a plain ass and vain. A common strategy those who've lost their argument result to.

I play on PC. And trust me, you wouldn't want to play against my group. You would most definitely just get all quiet, awkward, and then disappear. It's happened before when people think they're hot shit with Jason and then we play against them, and the Jason crumbles soon as we get the phone and four-seater started simultaneously.

I play on PC. And trust me, you wouldn't want to play against my group. You would most definitely just get all quiet, awkward, and then disappear. It's happened before when people think they're hot shit with Jason and then we play against them, and the Jason crumbles soon as we get the phone and four-seater started simultaneously.

.... Can you read?

6 minutes ago, BetsyPalmer said:

Add me on PS4 bub and we'll see if I'm a good counselor or not. 

Just now, BetsyPalmer said:

.... Can you read?

So you spent all this time stating that Jason is completely fine and that the players who play Jason need to "git gud" but then rather just play counselor.

Honestly, maybe it's for the best you don't play Jason. I wouldn't want to ruin your perception of thinking Jason is just as good as the counselors when both parties know how to really play.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Mr. Blonde said:

So you spent all this time stating that Jason is completely fine and that the players who play Jason need to "git gud" but then rather just play counselor.

Honestly, maybe it's for the best you don't play Jason. I wouldn't want to ruin your perception of thinking Jason is just as good as the counselors when both parties know how to really play.

I mainly play as a counselor. I also play as Jason.

I take it you main Jason, right? 

Jason has the potential to be better than counselors, not "as good." Recall force-grab? Recall not having so many guns, knives, and sprays?

You obviously have not played this game or do so very little.

Jason himself is not "under-powered". The factors surrounding him make him appear that way... the factors that are going to be patched out.

tumblr_oluvafhcxP1vm5eqqo1_250.gif

26 minutes ago, BetsyPalmer said:

Xp is not overly skill based. You get 500 xp just for finishing a match. Level 150 just means you play a lot.

1 minute ago, malloymk said:

Xp is not overly skill based. You get 500 xp just for finishing a match. Level 150 just means you play a lot.

Experience is everything. 

So is your brain/strategy though.

Just now, BetsyPalmer said:

Experience is everything. 

So is your brain though.

Plenty of level 100+ players still play like dookie. I don't know if you're one of them or not, but to brag about being level 150 is more of a brag that you've had more time to play and/or experienced less crashes. Either way I'm jealous.