GeneiJin

Suggestions on how to use High Composure

Hi everyone.   Recently I've switched it up a bit from Vanessa to Jenny.  My growth as a counselor was built around Vanessa, so I don't really know how to maximize or take advantage of high composure.   Outside of the obvious reduction to fear accumulation that keeps the stamina and mini map longer, and less frequent stumbling, what are some useful tech/tricks/stuff that you guys use that you can share?

It's diffucult to answer because you have already mentioned the most important things. Jenny does have some combat and kiting potential thanks to her luck (hence why I prefer her over A.J.), and you've already mentioned the stamina regen rate. Restful or marathon can really help, also thick skin/medic for more window juking and damage resistance. Well, at first this sounds similar to Vanessa you might think :D

However, one major difference imo is that Jenny should not immediately seek conflict with Jason...unlike Vanessa, who likes to distract Jason from the beginning. Instead, make use of the fact that his sense isn't too strong in the beginning, stay away from large groups, gather some important items and when the time comes, be prepared. Stay inside cabins because most high composure characters are slow. Jenny is said to have 8.5 stealth, make use of this and get surprise attacks on Jason. That's also a difference from Vanessa, whose noise pings Jason will see inside cabins. 

Also mind you that I'm not suggesting a selfish play style, just saying that Jenny should avoid LARGE groups because most of them will already have Chad/Vanessa/Bugzy, making her redundant. She can, however, try to protect a fixer counselor. 

So yeah, that's basically it, not much new information though. Jenny isn't top tier but can still be fun to play as, or if you want a "challenge" as some might say. Haven't played Mitch a lot. He seems to be a "mixture" of A.J. and Jenny and worse than both because he can neither hide properly (only 6 stealth, unlike Jenny's see above) nor can he defend himself. 

Idk if you consider 7 composure as high but as far as Adam is concerned, he is more of a fighter-fixer and can be played in a more offensive way, whereas Jenny is more defensive. 

• Thanks 1

I can help you out with some strategies when it comes to playing as Jenny. 

From playing as her a lot and what I see other players do. 

With Jenny you want to maintain her composure at all costs,  because if it goes down and she reaches max fear,  she's going to be scared for a long time. 

Her composure allows her stamina regain to remain the same even in situations where you have jason on your heels. 

Maintaining stamina and composure is one of your top priorities when it comes to playing as Jenny. 

A role you can play as is the stealthy protector.

This works amazingly well if you have Tiffany as the part runner and A.J as the repairer,  your stealth is secretly high enough to not make that many pings unlike Chad,  Bugzy,  Adam,  and so on. 

This means you can hang out with other stealthy players. 

If you are going to Kite jason make sure you are doing so next to a large abundance of cabins to hop in and out of. 

It's not recommended because she doesn't have the best speed and stamina but it's workable. 

Jenny overall is for players who are patient and have some knowledge and skill when it comes to the game. 

My favorite high composer was John Lennon. 

Those acid trips really helped his creativity.

• Haha 1

Jimi Hendrix, Bob Marley, Willie Nelson, Snoop Dogg...all famous high composers. 

Most of them probably kept stashes in their draws, so counselors were less inclined to open them. 

• Like 1

Keep it maintained most of the game.

- Use it for regaining stamina (turn on flashlight)

- Use your minimap to your advantage

- Hide (At the best moments, this is purely skill learned).

- Face Jason (if you're using her luck, he sure to equip sucker punch perk)

- Build with sense avoidance perks.

8 minutes ago, Armani? said:

Keep it maintained most of the game.

- Use it for regaining stamina (turn on flashlight)

- Use your minimap to your advantage

- Hide (At the best moments, this is purely skill learned).

- Face Jason (if you're using her luck, he sure to equip sucker punch perk)

- Build with sense avoidance perks.

Excuse me. WHAT does any of this have to do with composers??!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, final_gal said:

It's diffucult to answer because you have already mentioned the most important things. Jenny does have some combat and kiting potential thanks to her luck (hence why I prefer her over A.J.), and you've already mentioned the stamina regen rate. Restful or marathon can really help, also thick skin/medic for more window juking and damage resistance. Well, at first this sounds similar to Vanessa you might think :D

However, one major difference imo is that Jenny should not immediately seek conflict with Jason...unlike Vanessa, who likes to distract Jason from the beginning. Instead, make use of the fact that his sense isn't too strong in the beginning, stay away from large groups, gather some important items and when the time comes, be prepared. Stay inside cabins because most high composure characters are slow. Jenny is said to have 8.5 stealth, make use of this and get surprise attacks on Jason. That's also a difference from Vanessa, whose noise pings Jason will see inside cabins. 

Also mind you that I'm not suggesting a selfish play style, just saying that Jenny should avoid LARGE groups because most of them will already have Chad/Vanessa/Bugzy, making her redundant. She can, however, try to protect a fixer counselor. 

So yeah, that's basically it, not much new information though. Jenny isn't top tier but can still be fun to play as, or if you want a "challenge" as some might say. Haven't played Mitch a lot. He seems to be a "mixture" of A.J. and Jenny and worse than both because he can neither hide properly (only 6 stealth, unlike Jenny's see above) nor can he defend himself. 

Idk if you consider 7 composure as high but as far as Adam is concerned, he is more of a fighter-fixer and can be played in a more offensive way, whereas Jenny is more defensive. 

Yea pretty much my playstyle with Vanessa, gear-up then find Jason while wielding a machete.   One of my weak point in my game is kiting indoors.  I guess since I'm pretty good at dodging shifts I prefer to be outdoors once doors are chopped, but definably not Jenny's strength.  I'm aware of how sound ping relate to stealth, but I guess I haven't really taken advantage of it before as I do play Vanessa.  I guess I can do some testing (and when I say testing, I mean die alot, lol)  to figure out some sneaky ways to blindside Jason indoors >:D

9 minutes ago, Cokeyskunk said:

Excuse me. WHAT does any of this have to do with composers??!

Yea, I realized I typed the wrong word.  Proceed in continuing to make fun of me  -__- !  lol

Jenny is one of my favourite counselors, and I know some people suggest not to fight Jason due to her low speed. I find this to be the opposite as her composure keeps the screen bright and mini map available, and stumbles to a minimal. I always track Jason on my mini map, and only run in short bursts if I see him shift, which is easy to see on the mini map.

Jenny also makes one of the best Drivers in the game. Her high luck seems to start the car faster, and her Composure keeps her map up, as usually when a car is started it’s common for Jason to notice, and you may have to fight him a few times before makeing a getaway, and having a bright screen with no tunnel vision helps with navigating off road, and most importantly you can see other counselors on your mini map, so you can pick them up, and not drive by like Chad so commonly does.

1 hour ago, GeneiJin said:

Yea, I realized I typed the wrong word.  Proceed in continuing to make fun of me  -__- !  lol

You can edit it if you edit the first post. The title becomes editable.