This may be presumptuous of me, but it seems like whenever I’ve used my Savini Jason in a lobby, people tend to try harder/grief more? Is it just a matter of people being salty about it or? Like I’ve literally been in matches where someone screams “Savini! Let’s kill him!”

Has anyone else encountered similar?

It certainly does seem people are just envious or have a chip about the Savini Jason because they missed the chance to get him since it was exclusively for backers of the game (or the Sony slip up). I've noticed people just quit out in protest when he appears in the cutscene or do troll/grief much more which is unfortunate for people that backed the game and want to use him.
I myself don't have that Jason, but I always enjoy whenever I see others using him, just a pity others aren't.

Haha yep people are envious they don't have him. Many backers and players who bought during the leak have since departed after the October and December patchs...so it's become even rarer to see him.

Ah, well I’ll glad I’m not just being paranoid or somehow conceited about it then. Still, it’s a bit childish that people would go so crazy just because someone has it haha.

Like yeah, someone is running around with Savini (not that it really matters since Jason is so weak at the moment) but how is that person a “pay2win asshole” (I’ve also been called that) for helping fund the game’s development?

I guess I shouldn’t expect better from people, but it’s still a shame. (And makes me less eager to play him over other versions of Jason, since it’s hard enough without people purposefully griefing)

Everytime I see a Savini popping up I get excited. I still try to "win", but getting chased is just so cool with the sinister music and the great look of that Jason. No extra salt or anything on my part, though.

1 hour ago, Venator_X21J said:

This may be presumptuous of me, but it seems like whenever I’ve used my Savini Jason in a lobby, people tend to try harder.

I'm not going to lie. I get into a bit of a more try hard mode when I see that it's Savini Jason. Actually, back in June/July of last year I declared a mission to kill Savini Jason several times. I will admit that the fact that I do not have him plays into that. But, I am not salty about not having him, it is my own fault. I knew about the backing offer, I just didn't do it. I definitely do not get mad when I see him pop up in the game, I actually get excited. He's definitely not as scary as he used to be (no Jason is), but he is damn cool looking, and fun to play against, especially against a good Jason player.

• Like 1

This has been happening to me since the beginning. If I have Savini as my preference, 75% of the time in lobbies I get cussed at, called foul names, get threats against my family, etc. I usually leave before the match begins.

During a match, I have found I either get trolled (mostly as a counselor) with others pinpointing my location asap. If they have a mic they either start talking shit or begin working with Jason to give up my location. These are the cases when I have no problem leaving a match. 

This is on PS4, the land of salt and vinegar. 

I can understand people taking the game more seriously or seeing it as some sort of “event” since he isn’t commonly seen, especially outside PlayStation (cuz they messed up), it’s just when people try to be assholes about it that it annoys me.

The match I mentioned where the one player was yelling to kill me, they managed to get almost the entire lobby on board so I had a group of like 6 councilors that I simply couldn’t do anything against.

That being said, I hope Jason gets buffed appropriately so he’s back to being an actual threat because right now he simply isn’t one except for very specific circumstances... Which obviously goes against the developers original design philosophy regarding balancing.

Ah the harassment, gotta love it... I guess I’ve been fortunate that I haven’t had to deal with people messing with me as councilor so far. Even still, sorry you’ve had to go through that.

I don't usually get complaints when using him anymore. I do sometimes hear some someone say 'he has the best Jason in the game' or something like that.

The only thing I try to do differently with a Savini Jason in the lobby is get a closer look in-game without dying.  It's a beautiful skin, and worth the risk of death in the game to get an appreciation of how great it is up close.

Savini Jason is my bane, so I always switch to a running counselor if I see him in a lobby.  That or I leave.

• Haha 1

Also, the past couple days or so I have noticed an increase of Savini Jasons in QP lobbies and most of these are lower level players. Like lvls 3-24, specifically. And I'm talking several instances of this, not just two or three.

However I've been playing since launch and I'm still only level 89. I simply don't have time to play all day everyday plus I do enjoy other games and have a life outside of my home. Only in passing will I mention again that it's also due to connection issues and raging hosts quitting.

But I set my preference to counselor most of the time until those and the myriad other issues are addressed. 

Whenever I equip Savini, people either say “ooooo Savini Jason! lucky you asshole!”, “PAY TOO WIN! PAY TOO WIN! *Leaves*”, “ Wow! Savini Jason! What a try hard!”. Or kids send me friend requests. Or they commit suicide when I’m Jason.

OR:

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Chace Hollett said:

Whenever I equip Savini, people either say “ooooo Savini Jason! lucky you asshole!”, “PAY TOO WIN! PAY TOO WIN! *Leaves*”, “ Wow! Savini Jason! What a try hard!”. Or kids send me friend requests. Or they commit suicide when I’m Jason.

I hate this, I'm always really glad to see one and play against one, I think I got half a game before they quit out for people being shit. It's unfortunate just how ill out people have taken this to the point that many people don't seem to want to go him and take this kinda shit (which is only fair), all because they either didn't want to foot the cash for it or simply missed it.

I'm always disappointed when I see a Savini Jason in the room and it doesn't get picked...

When it does get picked it's the only Jason I don't mind getting killed by :)

14 minutes ago, Chace Hollett said:

OR:

41C319BD-8F42-43B0-9113-DB6799994227.jpeg

That sums it up pretty well.

You either get some form of bitterness, usually "pay 2 win" comments. Or you get players who are excited to see him.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Gummybish said:

I always sigh of relief because most of the Savini players on Xbox are low to mid levels  ?. Pretty Ironic. 

Maybe some of us have a life outside of gaming?

4 minutes ago, TheButtonMasher said:

Maybe some of us have a life outside of gaming?

It's not even that lol,  I have even came across level 10-20 players that have Savini so it's obvious that they are game sharing. 

Being an asshole to people with Savini is just plain disgraceful. However, he is exclusive and also the strongest Jason in the game, so you can't really blame people for going the extra mile to beat a Savini player (i.e. tryharding).

You could say that playing Savini is kinda like upping the ante.

25 minutes ago, Gummybish said:

It's not even that lol,  I have even came across level 10-20 players that have Savini so it's obvious that they are game sharing. 

I'm level 34 and backed him the legit way. I just never found this game AMAZINGLY fun.

1 minute ago, TheButtonMasher said:

I'm level 34 and backed him the legit way. I just never found this game AMAZINGLY fun.

Understandable,  I'll never really understand the hype about him to be honest,  even if his strengths are pretty good. 

It all depends on who is controlling him. 

1 hour ago, Gummybish said:

It all depends on who is controlling him. 

;)

Unfortunately I can't convince randoms that he's not OP when no one escapes.

1 hour ago, TheButtonMasher said:

Are you on PC? Can I have your account info, user & password? I wanna try Savini.