Sign in to follow this  
Yayson

Making Jason from the fan movie a Game character

I saw the f13 fan movie "Never hike alone" on Youtube the other day and was blown away by how much they nailed the f13 feeling in it. A really good movie plain and simple, and great nods to the other films! Imo it makes a better job keeping within the f13 franchise then part 8-10 (despite the Jason actor maybe being a bit to small compared with the other movies). It would be awesome seeing him in the game (same size as the other Jasons though), as well as a great reward to the filmmakers who did the movie without any monetary gains! :)

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

I would love the fan movie Jason to be added. I personally haven't had time to see it (I'm planning on it!) but I have heard so many good things. If I made a movie that good as a fan of a movie series, and a game company wanted to add that main character into a game, I would freak! The guys who made it would feel awarded to know that they have done a superb job. And I'm always down to discuss and hope for new Jasons.  

• Thanks 1

I would have been nice. But it's been officially confirmed not to be happening by those behind Never Hike Alone. It's a real shame.

On 1/21/2018 at 5:52 AM, Alkavian said:

I would have been nice. But it's been officially confirmed not to be happening by those behind Never Hike Alone. It's a real shame.

Awww! Why! WHYYY!!!! typical.

2 hours ago, Dr. Lecter said:

Which really means $$$ reasons.

But... since it is a fan movie I assumed they couldn't be expected to get any $$$ anyway...?

53 minutes ago, Yayson said:

But... since it is a fan movie I assumed they couldn't be expected to get any $$$ anyway...?

I'd need to know more about what conditions (if any) were attached to Never Hike Alone's IP licenses to express an opinion, but that's an excellent point. If Never Hike Alone's licensed uses of the IP did not include commercial use, they'd be unable to grant Gun/Illphonic rights that were never granted to them.

16 hours ago, Dr. Lecter said:

Which really means $$$ reasons.

More like licensing agreements with the IP, this is not an official part of the franchise and could not be added without breaking copyright.