Dkop27

Anyone else concerned about the player count?

Looking at the steam charts page for F13, I'm really scared we're gonna run out of players soon. I love this game, and I really don't want it to shut down. Anyone else concerned about this?

Nope, though my lack of concern has nothing to do with disagreeing it's imminent. That which sinks deserves to sink.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Dkop27 said:

Looking at the steam charts page for F13, I'm really scared we're gonna run out of players soon. I love this game, and I really don't want it to shut down. Anyone else concerned about this?

Well you have to remember that steam isn't the only platform that can be used to play F13. 

The PS4 and Xbox 1 communities in this game are larger than the steam following.  

I am always concerned about online only games. Thankfully they added an offline mode. Hopefully more will be coming.

3 minutes ago, Dkop27 said:

If they didn't make Jason a bitch, there'd be more players. No matter how many teabagging, dancing emote trolls you have, they can't have a game if there is no Jason. They've catered to these kinds of players, so you have no Jasons. No Jasons = no game.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

1 minute ago, Gummybish said:

Well you have to remember that steam isn't the only platform that can be used to play F13. 

The PS4 and Xbox 1 communities in this game are larger than the steam following.  

Where are you going to see those numbers, exactly? And if that's true is there a possibility of cross-play?

Where are you going to see those numbers, exactly? And if that's true is there a possibility of cross-play?

I don't know where you have the numbers but PS4 has a lot of players who bought the game. As for Crossplay, Xbox maybe but PS4 will never get that :/

4 minutes ago, Dkop27 said:

I can't necessarily remember where I read this but it is typical for PS4 versions to have more users than other platforms, it happens with almost every game that is released on all three platforms. 

1 minute ago, Gummybish said:

I can't necessarily remember where I read this but it is typical for PS4 versions to have more users than other platforms, it happens with almost every game that is released on all three platforms. 

Well, I just hope you're right. I play on PC, so that's the platform I'm most concerned about. Sure, it's a little selfish, but I like being able to play this game.

• Like 1

Well, I just hope you're right. I play on PC, so that's the platform I'm most concerned about. Sure, it's a little selfish, but I like being able to play this game.

It's not selfish at all.  I'm always worried about the xbox one community. 

It's getting a lot easier to find a lobby so I am assuming that the Player count is rising. 

Not really concerned. This game has been fluctuating in player numbers since launch. There's always enough for matchmaking to go pretty fast. Usually no more than 20 seconds. New patches always bring players back, too. So if one of these days we get a good patch, players will stick around.

The current state of Jason has a lot to do with the poor numbers.

Re: Console numbers. PlayStation 4 is the most popular console, so it stands to reason that it would lead the way for multiplatform titles too.

Re: Cross-Play...Won't happen with PlayStation involved...Their networks don't play nice with the other networks.

Xbox Live will see more and more cross play with PC in the future. PlayStation will remain on its own.

21 minutes ago, Dr. Lecter said:

Nope, though my lack of concern has nothing to do with disagreeing it's imminent. That which sinks deserves to sink.

I can think of several games that sank that didn't deserve it.

On January 16, 2018 at 11:54 PM, Gummybish said:

It's not selfish at all.  I'm always worried about the xbox one community. 

It's getting a lot easier to find a lobby so I am assuming that the Player count is rising. 

Yeah, I can easily find a lobby on Xbox. I'm not too worried about the player count.

13 minutes ago, IronKnight55 said:

Yeah, I can easily find a lobby on Xbox. I'm not too worried about the player count.

Same for me. Usually takes me 1 minute. The real issue is finding a good host that doesn’t rage quit or have bad connection. 

6 minutes ago, TiffanyIsBae said:

Same for me. Usually takes me 1 minute. The real issue is finding a good host that doesn’t rage quit or have bad connection. 

That's usually the issue I encounter on Xbox...Host quitting.

It's really a shame that the entire game can be ended just because the host is a bad sport. It's bad enough that Jason ragequits a lot of the time now too. That ends match on PC, even with dedicated servers. But I guess that is what it is. I don't really like the idea of assigning a new Jason mid-round, as it's been suggested in the past.

17 minutes ago, AldermachXI said:

Same here. I can't express how much I hate hosts who leave when they die or don't kill everyone as Jason. They need to stop hosting if they are just going to quit if things don't go their way... 

11 minutes ago, AldermachXI said:

It's really a shame that the entire game can be ended just because the host is a bad sport. It's bad enough that Jason ragequits a lot of the time now too. That ends match on PC, even with dedicated servers. But I guess that is what it is. I don't really like the idea of assigning a new Jason mid-round, as it's been suggested in the past.

It’s not like dedicated servers are coming anytime soon, which is even worse. 

If they are smart they should throw us hard core players and the rest of the community a little info on how close they are to putting something out.

• Like 1

I dont pretend to know anything about servers, coding ect but, i use to play DCUO all the time, it was not cross platform in the beginning but after ps4 launched the server merge was flawless from what I remember, an for that game xbone isnt cross but they got the game much later so why would this be harder? I know its a small team an yada yada yada but still. As for player count, im not worried but i do wonder how many of the playerbase has turned to bots over online. The ps4 numbers, who remembers our launch issues? They said sometime that they underestimated how many people would play at release so we had to resort to private only for quite awhile, idk how it was for xbone/pc

If the game hovers around the current player base it has now on steam we should be fine. I can easily see them dropping another regional server in the next year and possibly only running a US West server though.

Pre-Javis house was the lowest I have seen the player base get which was about 550 in non-peak hours and I still found games in seconds so i'm not too worried about it. If they start listening to us, publicly acknowledging our concerns and applying fixes in a timely manner I can see some life come back to this game but it will likely never get back in the 5k+ range.

Other than the incompetence and poor decisions from the devs the biggest problems F13 faces on PC is that there are so many good, balanced and WORKING games for it to compete with. If your shit doesn't work properly why would anyone choose to play it over something that doesn't make them want to drop-kick a toddler every other match?

Idk how the console players have lasted this long without dedicated servers, I played ONE day on Xbox and it was such a broken shit-show I haven't touched it since.. You guys are either the most patient gamers in the world, incredibly underage kids that just don't care or complete masochists. Either way I tip my cap to all of you.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, dmack621 said:

If they didn't make Jason a bitch, there'd be more players. No matter how many teabagging, dancing emote trolls you have, they can't have a game if there is no Jason. They've catered to these kinds of players, so you have no Jasons. No Jasons = no game.

I'd argue that Jason isn't "a bitch" but last night, I kited a Jason with Our Lord and Savior Lachappa for a solid five minutes at the beginning of the match.  Frequent stuns, cabin-hopping, all the usual tricks.  If I'm knocking Jason down with ease as OLSL, then yeah, he's "a bitch".

The last time I tried to play online, the lobby kept having nothing but lobby jumpers. So a lobby never filled to actually have a game. People would join and leave, join and leave, etc.

I usually play offline bots once a week, but that's it.

So basically I fire up the game to play offline bots once a week. I've accepted the fact that the pattern is going to continue to be something like this.

1. Hear nothing for weeks

2. Get a changelog that has hidden changes not actually in the changelog on day of update

3. Update

4. Cya in 2 months or more

Rinse and repeat.

• Like 1

The bread and butter of the game (Jason) feels extremely weak and not fun.

No host migration 

Hundreds of bugs and glitches

All of these have been in the game since day 1 yet are never fixed.

No wonder why the game is dying so quickly

• Thanks 2