Hello! This post has to do with the app i'm developing! The app is almost ready for beta testers! It will be ready by tomorrow for testing tomorrow! I know some of you don't care at all; so don't post hate comments here please. If you do care, and would love to be a Beta tester please email me: f13gameapp@gmail.com

Here are the requirements to be a beta tester: 

• You need a Android device
  • You must be able to download APK files
  • Have a Discord account so we can discuss any bugs you find

You CANNOT share the app with anybody!! The beta is for testing and for PERSONAL use. 

if you are interested, don't be afraid to email me.  

f13appsnip.PNG

I'd like to help, but I just don't have time.  I also hate discord.  I tried it and didn't like it.  Best of luck to you.  I'm sure you'll find some people from here to help. 

2 hours ago, TheButtonMasher said:

Shame I’m part of apple master race ;)

Good luck with the app tho.

You heathen...

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, TheButtonMasher said:

Shame I’m part of apple master race ;)

Good luck with the app tho.

Begone HEATHEN!

But whats the point of this app??

• Haha 1

Have you made sure this app is legit and the Gun or Illfonic guys aren't gonna just yank the plug mid-beta? Cause I'm sure certain items you're using are protected IP's, like the photo on the background, for instance. 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum777 said:

Have you made sure this app is legit and the Gun or Illfonic guys aren't gonna just yank the plug mid-beta? Cause I'm sure certain items you're using are protected IP's, like the photo on the background, for instance. 

The app is going to be for free so it should be ok right?

Eh, that's still copyright infringement cause you're using their work on your product. You don't have to make money off something for it to be considered infringement. Plus there's the possibility that they might be working on their own app and don't want people mixing up their work with yours. I'd check with @GunMedia_Ben or @ShiftySamurai about this if I were you... 

• Like 1

Will an android emulator do the job or do you prefer to use actual hardware to run your app?

I’m part of the Apple master race club but I do know lots bout scripting for Android so I might just be the guy to test the stability of your app.

On 1/17/2018 at 4:42 PM, Jason Todd Voorhees said:

Begone HEATHEN!

But whats the point of this app??

The app is a guide for all players. it will include things like: Unlockables, Jason and Counselor stats, Info on the maps, and more. 

On 1/17/2018 at 6:13 PM, Jason Todd Voorhees said:

Is this gonna be like a wikia then no real point....

It is a guide. not a wiki. 

On 1/17/2018 at 6:00 PM, Ralph Wiggum777 said:

Eh, that's still copyright infringement cause you're using their work on your product. You don't have to make money off something for it to be considered infringement. Plus there's the possibility that they might be working on their own app and don't want people mixing up their work with yours. I'd check with @GunMedia_Ben or @ShiftySamurai about this if I were you... 

I did email the devs for permission, I am still including audio in the app while it's in development. If they say no, then I will remove the audio. I am also pretty sure they have their own game to worry about, so I don't think they are making an app at the moment.

On 1/17/2018 at 5:48 PM, Ralph Wiggum777 said:

I did ask for permission to use their audio and images in the app, I am still waiting for a response. If they say no to the audio then we don't have a problem. If they say no to the images, we have a problem. I might have to see if anybody is willing to let me use fan-art for backgrounds. it might still look cool. But, then again, I would prefer to use images from the game. 

11 hours ago, GrifIstheShiz said:

It is a guide. not a wiki. 

Alright

P.S Fan-art based on a official work of art is not Copyrighted by law.

Here's a good summary of images and copyrights. Copyrights

This is a seriously sticky subject. You have to realize that you're using something that is copyrighted, created because it was licensed from something that was copyrighted. Layers of legality. 

I would suggest just pause what you're doing, wait to hear back, and then go from there. They may not even be able to grant you permission to use it, they themselves could be restricted from using specific content in certain ways even though they themselves created it.

FFS, this is a Friday the 13th game and they can't even use all the Jasons from the movies! 

I would also add that the people behind the game are themselves fans so in one way they probably completely get what you're doing.

17 hours ago, DasMurich said:

This is a seriously sticky subject. You have to realize that you're using something that is copyrighted, created because it was licensed from something that was copyrighted. Layers of legality. 

I would suggest just pause what you're doing, wait to hear back, and then go from there. They may not even be able to grant you permission to use it, they themselves could be restricted from using specific content in certain ways even though they themselves created it.

FFS, this is a Friday the 13th game and they can't even use all the Jasons from the movies! 

I would also add that the people behind the game are themselves fans so in one way they probably completely get what you're doing.

I did pause on the app for right now. I haven't even sent out beta keys yet. I have been thinking a lot on the copyrights and decided to come to a complete stop on the app and will wait for a response. I don't want to take any risks. I don't want to cancel the app at all even though it might look like I will have to cancel. 

17 hours ago, DasMurich said:

I wish there was another way to get into contact with the devs. I might be waiting for a response for a long time.

22 minutes ago, GrifIstheShiz said:

I wish there was another way to get into contact with the devs. I might be waiting for a response for a long time.

You could, as an alternative, look around online for some original Jason art, ask the artist if they'd care if you used it and let them know what for. You aren't paying for it, you aren't making money. Probably a non issue. BUT this is connected to a specific game and using that game's assets would be ideal, I get that. Anyways just an idea.

Just make sure it is actually original meaning wasn't paid for already and used y someone else and isn't a drawing of something else someone else owns, like a sculpture.

22 hours ago, WashingtonJones said:

There is nothing masterful about Apple except for their thievery. 

And the fact that the cameras are better. And the App Store. And it’s easier to use. Him.