Sign in to follow this  
TomDice

Probably going to catch some heat for this...

The problem with team killing is that it ends up just becoming a troll-y mess.  Especially with the insane number of shotguns in the match now, every match would be a ridiculous free-for-all of teamkilling.

One of my favorite memories of this game was with teamkilling however.  Early on, certain jerk players would just try to kill as many as possible.  A certain player was trying to kill me early in a match, and I was trying my best to ignore him and get away.  He was a poor player, and couldn't get me so I went through about 3 houses before I'd had enough.  I commenced to kill him with a frying pan while he had a machete.  To make it worse, he was Buggzy and I was Deborah.  The guy got so mad and complained incessantly after the match about me being a teamkiller, even though HE started it.

lol...I just want to hear how he thinks it's gonna help the situation at all.

Bringing back friendly fire does absolutely NOTHING to remedy the item situation. If anything, you're just asking for shotgun TKs all around.

FF is the last thing that should be brought back.

"Oh...you found 3 pocket knives? *BOOM* Mine now..."

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, AldermachXI said:

lol...I just want to hear how he thinks it's gonna help the situation at all.

Bringing back friendly fire does absolutely NOTHING to remedy the item situation. If anything, you're just asking for shotgun TKs all around.

The plus is the same reason removing FF was a Jason nerf: using shotguns in groups/when someone has been grabbed is currently risk-free for counselors. However, it wouldn't help much unless Jason got credit for betrayals within X distance of him.

21 minutes ago, AldermachXI said:

How does that solve the balance issues?

How does it solve anything?

Just the added sense of making situations more “life like” meaning not everyone is an expert marksmen or time perfectly a hit with a machete or axe when trying to help out fellow counselors with Jason. Just the added element of shit can hit the fan quick if you miss and hit a friend.

9 minutes ago, TomDice said:

Just the added sense of making situations more “life like” meaning not everyone is an expert marksmen or time perfectly a hit with a machete or axe when trying to help out fellow counselors with Jason. Just the added element of shit can hit the fan quick if you miss and hit a friend.

@AldermachXI He gave pretty much the only reason I WOULD agree with him. It's still not troll proof and I don't think it should be brought back until it is.

46 minutes ago, AldermachXI said:

How does that solve the balance issues?

Well, when people gang up on Jason they'll end up doing as much damage to each other as they do to him. That's one.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Truth said:

@AldermachXI He gave pretty much the only reason I WOULD agree with him. It's still not troll proof and I don't think it should be brought back until it is.

Not worth it.

Too many trolls / intentional TK'ing to make that a smart choice. Besides..."buffing" Jason by allowing TK doesn't make a whole lot of sense. There are MUCH better ways.

If you want the added factor of accidental TK, play Private Matches.

5 hours ago, TomDice said:

For realism purposes, TK should only be brought back for when Jason is holding a counselor and a counselor misses their shot with a gun. Makes sense. Shooting someone = death. I imagine that's why they kept it with the car - Running someone over = death. The same could be applied for hitting a counselor versus Jason while he has them grabbed with a melee.

But overall, I don't think it should come back.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MyNameisJason said:

I do miss grabbing counselor’s and using them as a human shield while they’re friend tries to Billy the Kid em free. 

You didn't have to do that. Jason is apparently very porous. Shots always went right through him and killed counselors regardless.

Which is another reason to keep FF out of the game - the awful hit detection and the fact that combat stance still locks on counselors (seriously, when are they gonna remove that? There's no reason to EVER lock on a counselor now).

16 minutes ago, AldermachXI said:

You didn't have to do that. Jason is apparently very porous. Shots always went right through him and killed counselors regardless.

Which is another reason to keep FF out of the game - the awful hit detection and the fact that combat stance still locks on counselors (seriously, when are they gonna remove that? There's no reason to EVER lock on a counselor now).

No, if they had a clear shot they’d stun me and of course I’d drop the counselor. Of course if I tried it, even if I shot Jason in the foot, the counselor would die. 

Just now, MyNameisJason said:

No, if they had a clear shot they’d stun me and of course I’d drop the counselor. Of course if I tried it, even if I shot Jason in the foot, the counselor would die. 

Yep...that's the awful hit detection I mentioned.

5 minutes ago, AldermachXI said:

Yep...that's the awful hit detection I mentioned.

They obviously should correct the hit detection then, along with the already overwhelming list of shit to fix.

Counselors should be able to damage counselors only when Jason has that specific player in his grasp. Obviously Medic would also need to be fixed so they're not just instantly patched up if saved. It should be a significant use of a resource, not a trivial expense, to save someone from a limping state.

It would penalise mobbers, and keep the original intent of friendly fire in the game without giving trolls much to work with in trying to exploit it.

It's a good idea, and simple to implement, which means of course it'll never get added, and they'd fuck it up even if they tried.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, ZooMalfunction said:

Counselors should be able to damage counselors only when Jason has that specific player in his grasp. Obviously Medic would also need to be fixed so they're not just instantly patched up if saved. It should be a significant use of a resource, not a trivial expense, to save someone from a limping state.

It would penalise mobbers, and keep the original intent of friendly fire in the game without giving trolls much to work with in trying to exploit it.

It's a good idea, and simple to implement, which means of course it'll never get added, and they'd fuck it up even if they tried.

The easiest way to penalise mobbers is to make Jason as powerful as he should be. Meaning melee that can take out anyone that gets in its path. Think God of War...Jason is Kratos.

Do that, and all of this silly overthinking can end.

I like the idea of being vulnerable by other counselors while in Jason's grasp. Also, getting killed while in Jason's clutches should get the Jason player a resourceful 150 XP kill called human shield. I would totally credit whoever came up with that idea in suggestions and feedback a while ago, but I'm totally blacking out on who it was.

Edited by Thor_Bjarnason
Sent this too quickly
  • Like 1