Bangel144

Biggest difference between game launch and how it is now

7 hours ago, Gummybish said:

Literally the only reason why people hate the emotes is because people like to troll with them, in that case blame the person abusing it not the actual animation, the emotes don't force you to use them, they don't have free will. Us humans do, call out the abusers.

As for the costumes, the only excuse people seem to have for hating them is the fact that it ruins their immersion. Even then everyone has a different perception on what helps contribute to the immersion and then takes it away. 

Let's talk about the real issues that this game has, not ones that ruin your mood just because it affects you mentally. 

Let's discuss about how nerfed Jason is at the very moment. Way too many pocket knives, if they removed some of them and reduced it to a count of 4 including Tommy's, I HIGHLY doubt you will be seeing people try and kill Jason, reduce the amount of health sprays to 4 as well.

The hit detection on almost all of the Jasons is wack. It needs a major upgrade. The amount of shotguns that are found in this game makes me wonder if I'm playing Friday the 13th or Call of duty.

Those are the real issues.

Except the sole purpose of the dance emotes is to troll.

@ZooMalfunction

Your first post hit the nail on the head. Thanks.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Toddarino said:

Except the sole purpose of the dance emotes is to troll.

@ZooMalfunction

Your first post hit the nail on the head. Thanks.

Did the developers say that was the case, or are the purpose of them is to just be there.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rexfellis said:

n short, the horror survival aspect of this game is a sad shell of it's former self. I still have fun from time to time, but it is the exception now, not the rule.

It went from thrilling survival horror to a mediocre slapstick farce.

Jason went from being from being terrifying and avoided at all costs, to a joke who is actively hunted down and trolled.

The engine went from being completely stable to having an unstable FPS and routine connection drops.

And don't forget, this is all, incredibly, by purposeful design. And we're repeatedly told by the team how wrong we all are for not realising how superior their vision is to ours - even though everyone hates it.

A dev team who barely play the game unless it's a promotional stream, and even then show a fundamental lack of skill and knowledge in their own product, instead preferring to play PUBG all day.

They used to be humble, hardworking and enthusiastic, now they're lazy as shit and drowing in greed and hubris.

• Like 2

I wish they would revert the game back to the patch after they took team (friendly fire) killing out, it was much better then. No more team killing, window attacks worked, no pocket knives and other items all over, and overall less bugs than we have now.

Just think how great this game would be if they just fixed the bugs that was in the game then instead of adding frivolous things like bunny costumes and emotes. What a pity!

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, pro5pt0 said:

I wish they would revert the game back to the patch after they took team (friendly fire) killing out, it was much better then. No more team killing, window attacks worked, no pocket knives and other items all over, and overall less bugs than we have now.

Just think how great this game would be if they just fixed the bugs that was in the game then instead of adding frivolous things like bunny costumes and emotes. What a pity!

For me, the game was at it's peak right before the infamous October patch dropped. Ironic. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Alkavian said:

1. Jason had a very large grab range.

2. Counselors were more afraid of Jason because there wasn't much in the way of pocket knives for all. You were lucky if you found one. Med-sprays and shotguns were more scarce too.

3. Some perks like Thick Skinned were more effective to the point of being OP; hence they got nerfed.

4. There were tons of server related problems.

5. Xbox had a memory leak from hell making the game crash constantly.

6. Team killing was possible in public matches.

7. Traps didn't auto-limp a counselor not running a perk to protect them. They avoided some damage based on Luck (like windows still are).

8. Many bugs/glitches from back then still exist. There was one called the "home run" glitch which would literally knock Jason right out of the map; ending the match.

Really there are too many things to list.

Back then, Jason was a threat and counselors didn't take him lightly. It took real skill to be a successful counselor and the wins were very gratifying. Killing Jason was harder because he was a bigger threat. The game was generally scarier because you knew as a counselor you were the underdog. Playing Jason was a bit more intuitive.

I, too, have only been around since the launch of the physical copy, but looking at this list:

1. This absolutely needs to come back.  I'd also argue that unless the animation has completely finished of a counselor climbing through a window, Jason should be able to grab them (essentially an animation cancel).

2. Nothing more needs to be said.  Unless they plan on halving the number of all of these items, they should consider having all the counselors start with a pocket knife and make it a QTE event to use (and, as I've said before, Jason should be immune to melee attacks from other counselors once the QTE has started).  Get rid of them as something that can be picked up altogether.  Add a new item type to disarm traps, but only put one or two on each map.

3. The perks seem like they're in a good place overall right now.  If anything they could be tuned to favor Jason a tad more, but nothing too extreme.  They also need a complete revision, because many of them are totally useless.

4. I don't have a basis for comparison, but the consoles right now have a lot of issues with connections timing out that shouldn't.  Depending on the time of day, it doesn't take too long to get into a game for the most part.

5. I'm on PS4, and the game has only crashed once in the three-plus months I've been playing.  If I have issues getting into a lobby, restarting the application seems to alleviate the issue, but otherwise, there aren't too many problems.

6. This absolutely needs to come back, but with increased penalties for team-killing.  The loss of 1000 XP isn't a large enough deterrent.  It should be closer to 5K, or even half a level.

7. Traps auto-limping a counselor seems to be a good idea, if someone is inattentive enough to step in a trap, there should be consequences.

8. Glitches are still part of the game and most likely will continue to be for the foreseeable future.  They don't seem to be too bad on PS4, performance issues are a larger concern (the frame rate as the host on a map with rain is abysmal).

16 hours ago, Alkavian said:

6. Team killing was possible in public matches.

Fixing this was the most positive aspect for me. When not enough friends are online for private matches, one is left with only the dreaded "Quick Play" option. When Team Killing was active -- especially at the end of its tenure -- there was rarely a game where I would not see "Betrayed" in the counselor status list. It got to the point where I would dart the other way if I saw another counselor racing toward me. 

Very little is more frustrating than finding a great inventory, getting 1 to 2/3rds through with an objective, and enjoying the round -- only to suddenly have Vanessa race up to you and start hacking away at you with a machete. You had to stop what you were doing, spray yourself (IF you had a spray) and fight for your life, since outrunning Vanessa is nearly impossible. It sucked.

The worst was that you could have a room of 6-7 good players, and 1-2 trolls who ruined every round for the rest -- laughing their pre-teen butts off the whole way. And as there has never been a "Vote to Kick" option, we had to do one of three things:

1. Live with it
  2. Try to team up and kill them off (or at least cripple them to avoid the penalty) at the start of every round
  3. Leave and HOPE to find a room without a troll 

Best fix ever, in my opinion.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Stunning Jason used to last a little longer, but didn’t seem to happen as often. Where now if you knock him down and he sits right back up, you would have a couple of extra seconds.

2 hours ago, Cokeyskunk said:

Fixing this was the most positive aspect for me. When not enough friends are online for private matches, one is left with only the dreaded "Quick Play" option. When Team Killing was active -- especially at the end of its tenure -- there was rarely a game where I would not see "Betrayed" in the counselor status list. It got to the point where I would dart the other way if I saw another counselor racing toward me. 

Very little is more frustrating than finding a great inventory, getting 1 to 2/3rds through with an objective, and enjoying the round -- only to suddenly have Vanessa race up to you and start hacking away at you with a machete. You had to stop what you were doing, spray yourself (IF you had a spray) and fight for your life, since outrunning Vanessa is nearly impossible. It sucked.

The worst was that you could have a room of 6-7 good players, and 1-2 trolls who ruined every round for the rest -- laughing their pre-teen butts off the whole way. And as there has never been a "Vote to Kick" option, we had to do one of three things:

1. Live with it
  2. Try to team up and kill them off (or at least cripple them to avoid the penalty) at the start of every round

I agree, which is why I made the comment below ... 

3 hours ago, pro5pt0 said:

Revert to the August 28th patch, then fix the bugs in that build and you will have a truly great game.

#makeF13greatagain

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Cokeyskunk said:

1. Live with it

Come on, you can't tell me with a straight face that you wouldn't love to use Chad to hobble other counselors to escape Jason. 

It'd be the most "Chad" thing ever; "Begging your pardon, plebeian, but you're needed to occupy Jason's time so that I can escape.  My father's Land Cruiser only has enough room for myself, the minibar, and the driver he sent to pick me up."

• Haha 1

I played a LOT the first couple months and now play about a solid week or so a month, and just rotate out as frustation of imbalance hits and other new games come out, but I come back every month for some games.

Having only played on PC, I really only had connection issues that first weekend or so the game was out.   Never took any time to find lobbies either.  I did enjoy the game having less items and being excited when I did find that med spray or pocket knife. 

I'm glad for many changes. More kills, no teamkilling, exploits being removed.

team killing was the worst in public matches. In private games its fine and most of the time it was accidently kills, but that was often times amazing. Too many trolls play these games to allow it to stay in public games.

The biggest difference for me is that it's not fun playing as Jason any more, and it's too easy to survive as a counselor now.

Launch: 

Aside from connection problems and the roof/ through stationary object glitching, the game was awesome and felt truly like you were in a F13 film running for your life away from Jason (before half the community decided to start killing each other).  The dev team really nailed it their first time out.  The problem is, once they decided to touch the windows for the first time, that began "The Downward Spiral" (NIN).  That one patch not only messed up the windows, but also hit detection on doors both in and out of combat stance as Jason, and the cycle of adding one/ breaking two with the patches started.

Now: 

Numerous bugs and problems we all have witnessed since that first window patch have either not been addressed, ignored, or had been fixed yet a following patch broke again (Jason stun locking and accumulation of damage during stun).  When the game works, it is fun, but if you can't play more than one match before running into ANY of the bugs we all have been reporting on, that is a big problem.  Dedicated servers (on consoles, at least) are now essentially just a dream since there has been absolutely no update on them since the first mention.  I had huge faith in the team back when I decided to back the games development, but now, if any of what some people are saying is true, with them not even playing their own game anymore, I feel like I shouldn't even waste my time if they won't touch their own product.

• Like 4

When the game first started it had some issues, but not as much as it does now.

Jason was a threat, and you didnt have counselors treating him like a joke, armed to the teeth with guns, health spray, and pocket knives, and every counselor character was not able to stun him with just one hit instantly, their characteristics actually mattered back then. Not to mention, able to hit him through doors like they are some kind of God.

When people first bought the game a majority of them bought it to be Jason, I remember when people complained about not being Jason. Now because of how the game creators have treated the game and favored counselors, NO ONE really wants to be the man the game and movies were based on. Jason is the biggest flaw of his own game. And it doesnt seem like the creators care to fix that, otherwise they would have never allowed it to get this bad!

I recommend that no new buyers purchase F13, until the creators get off their a**es and fix the problem, not make it worse like they always do!

Feels like I wasted my money!

1 hour ago, RustInPeace said:

Launch: 

Aside from connection problems and the roof/ through stationary object glitching, the game was awesome and felt truly like you were in a F13 film running for your life away from Jason (before half the community decided to start killing each other).  The dev team really nailed it their first time out.  The problem is, once they decided to touch the windows for the first time, that began "The Downward Spiral" (NIN).  That one patch not only messed up the windows, but also hit detection on doors both in and out of combat stance as Jason, and the cycle of adding one/ breaking two with the patches started.

Now: 

Numerous bugs and problems we all have witnessed since that first window patch have either not been addressed, ignored, or had been fixed yet a following patch broke again (Jason stun locking and accumulation of damage during stun).  When the game works, it is fun, but if you can't play more than one match before running into ANY of the bugs we all have been reporting on, that is a big problem.  Dedicated servers (on consoles, at least) are now essentially just a dream since there has been absolutely no update on them since the first mention.  I had huge faith in the team back when I decided to back the games development, but now, if any of what some people are saying is true, with them not even playing their own game anymore, I feel like I shouldn't even waste my time if they won't touch their own product.

Amen brother, preach on!

your comment on Gun/Illfonic made me think of this song

Cause that sure as hell seems like what they have done. Take the money and run!

• Haha 1

Reading over this thread makes me wonder why the hell we even play this game lol.

Today I sat down to play while having dinner (I dunno why, but it's become my ritual). Five matches in a row; connection error/unable to join session/host quit. Reboot game; host is Jason and teaming with counselor. Next game; connection error. Next game; host quit. Me; turned TV off and asked Alexa to play 1980's thrash metal. Night instantly got better :D

• Like 2

8 hours ago, SteveChristy said:

Reading over this thread makes me wonder why the hell we even play this game lol.

Today I sat down to play while having dinner (I dunno why, but it's become my ritual). Five matches in a row; connection error/unable to join session/host quit. Reboot game; host is Jason and teaming with counselor. Next game; connection error. Next game; host quit. Me; turned TV off and asked Alexa to play 1980's thrash metal. Night instantly got better :D

First, excellent taste in music.

The Host Quit thing has become more and more prevalent in the last few weeks, at least in my experience on consoles.  Last night I soloed the boat and evaded Jason just long enough to escape with Our Lord and Savior Lachappa while everyone else focused on the 4 seater.

The match progressed, and with about three minutes to go, it was Part VI versus the Host as Vanessa.  Host got pinned down in a cabin, and the moment Jason grabbed her in the cabin, "You were kicked; host has left the match".  Not to go all SJW on the game, but we absolutely need a reporting function in-game for host-quitters, exploiters, or Jason Teamers (I wouldn't be opposed to swinging the banhammer at the racists either).  It'd be one thing if we knew dedicated servers were imminent, but this is ruining everyone's enjoyment of the game.

Whenever I get two connection errors within half an hour, I restart the application, and that usually seems to remedy the issue.  The same holds true for QP match searches.  If the search goes on for more than one minute, I always cancel and restart the search.  After three or four tries, I'll restart the application, and the issue seems to usually resolve itself at that point.

• Like 1

Oh waaah, Jason had a nerf to his grab. Gun even said they would alter the grab distance in the future if the community felt it was needed - which it does need to be, but slightly. I wish people would just stop bitching about this already.

Besides, that's the only thing really nerfy about Jason besides his horrible morph; it should send Jason where Jason wants to go, not 30 feet away. But that's always been shitty since launch anyways.

Fix the amount of pocket knives and shotguns and the game would be beautiful again.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, BetsyPalmer said:

Oh waaah, Jason had a nerf to his grab. Gun even said they would alter the grab distance in the future if the community felt it was needed - which it does need to be, but slightly. I wish people would just stop bitching about this already.

Besides, that's the only thing really nerfy about Jason besides his horrible morph; it should send Jason where Jason wants to go, not 30 feet away. But that's always been shitty since launch anyways.

Fix the amount of pocket knives and shotguns and the game would be beautiful again.

For once,  I agree with you. 

On 1/16/2018 at 2:12 AM, steven_kale99 said:

Interesting reading about how the game was in the beginning. But I am really blown away by some of the comments about how awful the game is (or has become). I absolutely love it. I do get a bit frustrated sometimes as Jason and feel he may be just a tad too weak at times, but damn I love this game.

I'm inclined to agree. I overall love the game still. And even with the trolls, I would never switch to offline play only cause even at the hardest difficulty, it's still too easy. I've never not killed 8/8 in offline. 

I’m only actively part of the community since the beginning of the steam winter sale but I watched streams and friends play this since the beta and it looked so much better.

1. Jason was a monster he couldn’t be tea bagged or taunted 

2. I didn’t see pocket knives and so many weapons

3. The amount of trolls seemed to be less maybe it’s because I watched American streamers but play on the European servers myself but trolls weren’t such a disgrace back then to my knowledge

4. The game looked better, I never saw the hair glitch Tommy Jarvis sometimes has where his hair disappears or turns white when the light hits it in some angles

5. Friendly fire was good, it helped Jason to fight off gang bangers

6. It seemed as if Jason’s resistance to become stunt was higher, I often stun him as Chad which shouldn’t be the case with low strength only Brandon should be able to land one or two instant knock down hits with his strength

7. Cheating seems to be a thing now wasn’t back then

my 2 cents about the current state and what I liked about the earlier built, then again I never played for myself back then but it seemed to be much more fun to get chosen as Jason.