I ❤️ A.J.

How do you scare counselor's?

I think a big part of this game is scaring counselor's.  What are some ways that you scare players as Jason?

The most obvious and effective one I can think of is the stalk-shift combo.  Any other ones?

I've heard some people wait outside an occupied cabin using stalk.  Waiting for a counselor to come out.  

I've also heard of Jason's waiting inside a cabin while using stalk.  Maybe inside the phone house before the phone is fixed.

Any other ways to give counselor's a good scare?  

Corners.  Use those corners.

I also love standing by a closed door in a cabin waiting for them to open it and see me standing there.

@I ❤️ A.J. This works wonders for me and my friends in private matches. It definitely ups the horror factor of the game. I've both heard and exclaimed a few obscenities playing this mode. In pubbies, the stalk/shift combo and using stalk at the corner of a cabin both work really well. If you can time either one right, they are very effective.

1 hour ago, Deeify said:

I also love standing by a closed door in a cabin waiting for them to open it and see me standing there.

This. I love this. Was able to pull it off the other day. Just stood there, watching the flashlight shine beneath the door. Opens up and there's a Kenny. Boom! Got him by throat and turn to boil his face...... then goes the pocket knife. 

Dude screamed so there was that pay off but won't deny it felt like I got robbed of a perfectly executed horror moment. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, DasMurich said:

This. I love this. Was able to pull it off the other day. Just stood there, watching the flashlight shine beneath the door. Opens up and there's a Kenny. Boom! Got him by throat and turn to boil his face...... then goes the pocket knife. 

Dude screamed so there was that pay off but won't deny it felt like I got robbed of a perfectly executed horror moment. 

Can we just agree that all counselors should start with a pocket knife, but they need to complete a QTE to use it?

Jason would be immune to melee damage from other counselors during the QTE.

Edit: have a new item for disarming traps, like a broom handle or a tree branch (instead of using it as a melee weapon).

Edited by Bropollocreed79

How do I scare them?

I make suggestions how to fix the current imbalance in their favor.;) LOL.

In-game I love to linger in Stalk just outside an interior door I know a counselor is about to open and give them snatch/scream treatment when they open it. Sometimes I hang out with a Jason that has good Shift and wait beyond Jason's music range observing with Sense. I let the counselor get occupied doing something, activate Stalk, and Shift to their location for underwear filling goodness. Its fun to hide in the pantries at Packanack main lodge and wait for people to come in the kitchen on the first floor. Hiding in the water with Stalk active is fun. You can observe them fixing the boat and just wait until they come to you to surprise them. There are a bunch of things you can do. Catching people in the two big houses on the Jarvis map are fun too.

• Haha 1

Almost 550 hours in game and I have to ask, that damned video static. Is that triggered when Jason morphs and goes in to shift? Or when he comes out of shift or lands with his morph? 

I've honestly been nabbed by a stalking Jason that uses the static play and I'm always standing in the dark asking, did he just leave? 

Honestly I wish they'd do away with it.

A. Because counselors should just know what Jason is up to.

B. I believe I read somewhere it had to do with the whole 80's/VHS feel. Okay I get it, I appreciate the effort, but it just doesn't lend itself to the game play. IMO.*

*Edit: I would think it'd be pretty cool if they VHS'd up the intro and outro scenes a bit. Little static, little strain on the tape. Maybe a little wobble in the audio. 

20 minutes ago, DasMurich said:

Almost 550 hours in game and I have to ask, that damned video static. Is that triggered when Jason morphs and goes in to shift? Or when he comes out of shift or lands with his morph?

It is triggered whenever he activates Shift or Morph and you happen to be within ~30m of him. It also now activates when he enters Stalk (it didn't used to). This is so he can trick you into thinking he morphed or shifted when he is in fact still lingering around to ambush you.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DasMurich said:

Son of a.....

It's dirty...but so fun to fool people into thinking you've left.

tenor.gif?itemid=3560704

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I wish Stalk would be available earlier in the match. Also why is it when you cancel stalk after using it only 1-2 seconds you still have to wait super long for it to recharge.

2 hours ago, Jay Shen said:

I wish Stalk would be available earlier in the match. Also why is it when you cancel stalk after using it only 1-2 seconds you still have to wait super long for it to recharge.

Idk why the other abilities aren't like sense.  Not just stalk, but shift to.  If you use shift for 2 seconds, you have to wait the entire cooldown.  That just doesn't seem fair to me somehow.

• Like 1

I just thought of a new, unconventional way that scares counselors.  When it's early in the game, and Jason's already killed everyone and you're the last one left.  I always thought that was pretty scary.  It's like a feeling of dread and impending doom.  Like you know you have no chance of escape.

Hiding under the bed as Jason and speaking in tongues. 

But seriously morphing ahead of a counselor on the run and stalking into the the cabin ahead of them. Waiting out for their arrival. As others have said, waiting behind unlocked closed doors in this way is always a sure thing. 

• Like 1

Its not really easy to get the "jump" on anyone in 3rd person, stalk was a good addition but 3rd allows people to see around corners an things, hiding is good spots with stalk can work in cabins but also with the slenderman vhs static thing and the proximity music, a good scare is hard to achieve, even stalk is useless alot since a counselor can just 360 spin the camera an apparently "see" jason hiding in the woods which breaks stalks effect, so I cant really get a "scare." In terms of gameplay scares anything really goes but scaring the actual player is very rare

+1 for the stalk/morph ahead to a cabin a counselor is running for, go in through the door they're not racing for, wait on the other side of an interior door, grab as soon as they open it and bask in their screams of "OH SHIT".

Now that I've done it successfully a few times now, a good stalk/morph grab is just aces. I had one last night where I guesstimated from across the map where the sound ping might be coming from, hit stalk, morphed to my guesstimation and wound up right on top of a Chad. Grabbed him instantly. Heard "HOLY SHIT, WHAT THE FUCK" from a tough guy. I was pleased.

On 1/15/2018 at 7:46 PM, Bropollocreed79 said:

Can we just agree that all counselors should start with a pocket knife, but they need to complete a QTE to use it?

Not sure if I'm in agreement with all of them starting with one automatically, but with the current number of them, I'm completely on board with a QTE to effectively use it. That would stop a lot of the Jason-trolling and at least put a little fear back into the game.