DasMurich

Balance Patch Expectations - For the Devs

So, obviously, there is thread after thread covering all kinds of issues in the game from bugs and balance to mechanics and dancing. We all know there is a patch coming and I thought it might be helpful for the folks at Gun Media and Illfonic if we all listed our top 3 expectations

Now, I'm not talking about making suggestions on how those things should be addressed, only list the top 3 things you expect to be addressed. If they want suggestions as to how, well, those are all over the place. 

So, for example, if you expect Jason's grab range to be addressed, we all (I assume) know that's in reference to his grab being nerfed to it's current state. No need to elaborate, although a small descriptor may be appropriate just for the sake of being clear. 

Just to reiterate, this is for the developers benefit (hopefully) and only regarding the supposed, upcoming patch. Maybe they'll see a trend, maybe it'll help them prioritize, maybe there's no point. 

To kick it off, the top 3 things I expect to be addressed in the upcoming balance patch are:

1. Jason's hit detection when slashing.

2. The number of counselor items.

3. Jason's stun time.

9 minutes ago, DasMurich said:

maybe there's no point.

Best guess ^

• Thanks 2

I am sorry....but this is an asymmetrical survival game.....adding balance makes it un-asymmetrical fixing bugs and glitches is 100% fine but nerfing Jason would be dumb.....

I mean Part 7 could use a longer shift and one more or two traps but thats it.

• Confused 1

8 minutes ago, Jason Todd Voorhees said:

I am sorry....but this is an asymmetrical survival game.....adding balance makes it un-asymmetrical

Asymmetrical is 7 vs 1 as opposed to 4 vs 4. Also, something that is not asymmetrical is not un-asymmetrical, it's symmetrical. The asymmetry has nothing to do with the balance. 

Seriously? 

I created this thread in hopes that the devs would have something available, at a glance, that will give them an idea of what their paying customers are expecting with the next patch. Please limit your posts to listing those 3 expectations.

• Like 1

Jason's grab, overall hit detection, car driver rubber banding back to Jason, pocket knives/med sprays, you know...making Jason great again. Server updates, whether than means dedicated servers for consoles or the general health of PC's servers. It all needs attention.

Back in October they added a region selection to the Quickplay menu. But at that same time, servers got worse. Yes, matchmaking is faster. But it seems to have little to no actual filter. You end up in servers where pings range from 30 to 600. Due to lack of South American servers, all the Brazilian and Argentine players end up in NA servers with bad pings and a language barrier...Or you commonly end up in lobbies with people from the UK.

• Thanks 1

Upcoming Patch:

1. Bugs/Glitches

2. Perk/Item Spawn balance issues.

3. Jason's hit detection - Grab/Melee.

Future Patch:

1. Bugs/Glitches

2. More types of items/item interactions and revamped perk system

3. More Content (Maps and game modes)

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, DasMurich said:

Asymmetrical is 7 vs 1 as opposed to 4 vs 4. Also, something that is not asymmetrical is not un-asymmetrical, it's symmetrical. The asymmetry has nothing to do with the balance. 

Seriously? 

Asymmetric Multiplayer is a multiplayer mode in which the different players have totally different roles and capabilities, unlike most multiplayer games, where all the players are generally doing the same thing and playing the game the same way.

^

Perfect summary of an Asymmetric video game.....

1. Jason hitbox issue is known bug and its being worked on.

2. What do you mean the number of counselor items? We can now stack with medical spray.......the inventory stock is fine no need to buff counselors.

3. Stun time? this depends on the counselor perks and the counselor stats.....also with the Jason you pick is another part of it but can you explain what you mean?

-This is a forum I dont have to really limit my post in a discussion category.-

30 minutes ago, Jason Todd Voorhees said:

I am sorry....but this is an asymmetrical survival game.....adding balance makes it un-asymmetrical fixing bugs and glitches is 100% fine but nerfing Jason would be dumb.....

I mean Part 7 could use a longer shift and one more or two traps but thats it.

Even a asymmetrical survival game can obtain an appropriate balance of game-play.

Just now, Jubileet said:

Even a asymmetrical survival game can obtain an appropriate balance of game-play.

This is Friday the 13th...shouldn't be any balance of any kind I made posts in gaming communities and they all agree that balancing a game that is meant to be unbalance is pointless.

5 minutes ago, Alkavian said:

Upcoming Patch:

1. Bugs/Glitches

2. Perk/Item Spawn balance issues.

3. Jason's hit detection - Grab/Melee.

Future Patch:

1. Bugs/Glitches

2. More types of items/item interactions and revamped perk system

3. More Content (Maps and game modes)

Is this legit? or a guess?

Composure needs fixing. Jenny ain't really that composed if she stays frightened forever once reaching max fear. Higher composure should have higher cool down.

- Fix Jason's hit detection.  Jason shouldn't be whiffing as much as he does when he swings his weapon or goes for a grab.

- More randomization with objective spawns or cabin layouts.  By know, players know the maps like the back of their hands.  They know the usual spots to look for items and they know where things spawn.  Mix it up more.

- Less power items like guns and pocket knives.  The number of these items in one game is unnecessary.  Gives way too much power to counselor's.

Expectations...

1. Hear nothing for weeks

2. Get a vague changelog that has hidden changes not actually in the changeleog the week of the update

3. Update

4. Cya in two months or more

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Get rid of the window “force field” and window break prompt. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Jason Todd Voorhees said:

Is this legit? or a guess?

It is what I'd like to see them focus on.;)

6 minutes ago, Jason Todd Voorhees said:

You playing with our dreams!

tenor.gif?itemid=7288347

I'm just listing my unrealistic expectations. I'll settle for turnip and a coupon to the Dollar Store at this point.:P

Immediate trend, Jason's grab/hit and pocket knives/med sprays/shot guns.

Followed by perk/stat related and item spawn locations.

1. Invisible window bubble - Get this atrocity out of the game already. This was by far the worst change and it needs to go immediately.

2. Jason's combat, and everything within that topic. Melee / grab detection, vulnerabilities to guaranteed stuns / chain stuns (too many instances to list here). Overall, Jason needs reliable execution + better defence

3. Item / weapon spawns need adjusting. It's a camp, not a military barracks. No one should expect to deal with 5 shotguns in a match as Jason. Amount of pocket knives / sprays is also out of control, especially when paired with Medic.

• Like 3

1. Jason's hit detection when slashing.

2. The number of counselor items.

3. Windows back to launch (seriously, how could anyone get something so right and then goatfuck it so completely?).

4. Grab width (major) and length (minor).

5. Medic changed to only fully heal yourself/another no matter how damaged...no more 2x per spray.

6. Remove inability to attack after block.

7. Remove auto-lock from combat stance...so annoying.

• Thanks 1

1 Jason being stunned every time a 100 lb girl blows her breath at him.                   2 take out half the guns and make the flare gun an inventory item that lights up the map like it used to instead of being another shotgun.                                           3 dedicated servers 

At this point I just want them to buff Jason so much so that way people can stop complaining about their immersion getting ruined 

images-1.jpg