Sign in to follow this  
Gummybish

Tiffany Cox - Guide Series

And this is why threads like this fail.

It's like you all forget that the best perks for a counselor is subjective to each player - Not everyone plays the game the same and there's no right or wrong answer for perk loadouts.

Any perk can be beneficial to any counselor, if the player knows how to make use of what they're improving.

There's really no use in arguing back and forth over perk loadouts. Yet it continues to be the most common argument (and subject of repeat threads). 

People put waaaay too much stock into perks. Remove everything besides Medic and Thick Skinned and you'll see how overrated most perks are. They have very little effect. Those perks are the only two that make a real difference.

At the end of the day, there are several factors in your survival - none greater than the skill of the Jason player. That determines the difficulty of the match more than anything. And against a GOOD Jason player, teamwork will determine your survival. Not counselor/perk choice.

A lobby with a well rounded roster of counselors will give Jason far more trouble than any "meta loadout" Tiffany, Vanessa, Chad, etc. 

Splitting Jason on objectives is and always has been the best strategy. And when you're doing that, it really doesn't matter what counselor you use or what perks you use. Teamwork and communication are your best tools.

Besides, a good F13 player should be able to play a randon counselor with random perks and still be able to succeed, as long as the teamwork is there. I'd argue the most dangerous thing for Jason playing against our group would be if everyone had maps/walkie-talkies from the get go. The sooner we can coordinate, the easier the round.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

Did people all of a sudden forget that I said, 'my opinion, 'grains of salt'? 

I'm just stating that Tiffany in my opinion is an amazing part transporter, yet people are acting like I committed a crime against the king or queen.

Obviously there are way more factors going in to this game such teamwork, communication, ect. But this is simply a piece of the puzzle. 

This guide like I stated was for beginner-intermediate players to begin with.

7 hours ago, AldermachXI said:

It's like you all forget that the best perks for a counselor is subjective to each player - Not everyone plays the game the same and there's no right or wrong answer for perk loadouts

If you're referring to the posts about the Marathon perk being used on Tiffany, it literally doesn't increase her speed by even a full second, depending on the perk percentage. I doubt a newbie is going to have an epic Marathon right off the back.

That's like adding Thrasher to Deborah and keeping it there, saying it was a smart move.

I'm also surprised someone felt compelled enough to write a full paragraph to address something that didn't really need to be addressed.

It's not like I was saying, "you need to use this perk, oh that perk is trash don't use it" I simply recommended it. 

If you have your own play style and perk load out that is perfectly FINE. 

I'm happy that this game encouraged diversity when it comes to customizing. 

I'm just saying that this is what I recommend since I've been a Tiffany main for 5 months now. 

1 hour ago, Gummybish said:

It's not like I was saying, "you need to use this perk, oh that perk is trash don't use it" I simply recommended it. 

If you have your own play style and perk load out that is perfectly FINE. 

I'm happy that this game encouraged diversity when it comes to customizing. 

I'm just saying that this is what I recommend since I've been a Tiffany main for 5 months now. 

In case you forgot, you had stated that people should increase her Stamina, Luck, and Composure when looking for perks with Tiffany.

I was simply explaining why it's a bad choice and how it shouldn't be recommended to new players who don't know much about the game and could definitely use that extra perk slot for something more effective. As that's what this thread is about right? Helping newbies out with Tiffany?

Ah yes, you have your play style of running out of stamina and needing a millisecond/a second to help you out. I have mine to where I strategically run around without loosing all my stamina. But that's all well and good.

12 minutes ago, BetsyPalmer said:

In case you forgot, you had stated that people should increase her Stamina, Luck, and Composure when looking for perks with Tiffany.

I was simply explaining why it's a bad choice and how it shouldn't be recommended to new players who don't know much about the game and could definitely use that extra perk slot for something more effective. As that's what this thread is about right? Helping newbies out with Tiffany?

Ah yes, you have your play style of running out of stamina and needing not even a full second to help you out. I have mine to where I strategically run around without loosing all my stamina. But that's all well and good.

Who said I ran around wasting stamina like that? I know how to manage my stamina pretty well. And am I wrong about increasing those three? You even stated yourself that you should increase her composure.

Now it seems like you are just in attack mode with me.

45 minutes ago, Gummybish said:

Who said I ran around wasting stamina like that? I know how to manage my stamina pretty well. And am I wrong about increasing those three? You even stated yourself that you should increase her composure.

Now it seems like you are just in attack mode with me.

I was referring to stamina only. Luck is eh, you could use her for getting the sweater I suppose, but a newbie shouldn't prioritize that. And apparently not if you need a millisecond to a second increase on her, imo.

I'm not in any mode besides game mode, currently playing and replying at the same time.

edit: corrected math

1 minute ago, BetsyPalmer said:

I was referring to stamina only. Luck is eh, you could use her for getting the sweater I suppose, but a newbie shouldn't prioritize that. And apparently not if you need a 0.75 second increase on her, imo.

I'm not in any mode besides game mode, currently playing and replying at the same time.

It's not that I need it, I can manage well without it but i like to have it on because I notice a large improvement.

42 minutes ago, Gummybish said:

It's not that I need it, I can manage well without it but i like to have it on because I notice a large improvement.

A millisecond/second increase = large improvement

ok

edit: corrected math

3 minutes ago, BetsyPalmer said:

A millisecond increase = large improvement

ok

Lol it's not even a millisecond but 

Ok

50 minutes ago, Gummybish said:

Lol it's not even a millisecond but 

Ok

I doubt it makes it 10.75. More so 10.

With an epic Marathon perk with 15%+ stamina increase with NO speed decrease, you would get 1.3 seconds added time, making her stamina roughly 10.3. Anything lower than that is a millisecond increase, unless you have something close to 15%.

Math.

ok

6 hours ago, AldermachXI said:

It's like you all forget that the best perks for a counselor is subjective to each player - Not everyone plays the game the same and there's no right or wrong answer for perk loadouts.

Any perk can be beneficial to any counselor, if the player knows how to make use of what they're improving.

There's really no use in arguing back and forth over perk loadouts. Yet it continues to be the most common argument (and subject of repeat threads). 

People put waaaay too much stock into perks. Remove everything besides Medic and Thick Skinned and you'll see how overrated most perks are. They have very little effect. Those perks are the only two that make a real difference.

At the end of the day, there are several factors in your survival - none greater than the skill of the Jason player. That determines the difficulty of the match more than anything. And against a GOOD Jason player, teamwork will determine your survival. Not counselor/perk choice.

A lobby with a well rounded roster of counselors will give Jason far more trouble than any "meta loadout" Tiffany, Vanessa, Chad, etc. 

Splitting Jason on objectives is and always has been the best strategy. And when you're doing that, it really doesn't matter what counselor you use or what perks you use. Teamwork and communication are your best tools.

Besides, a good F13 player should be able to play a randon counselor with random perks and still be able to succeed, as long as the teamwork is there. I'd argue the most dangerous thing for Jason playing against our group would be if everyone had maps/walkie-talkies from the get go. The sooner we can coordinate, the easier the round.

Exactly this.  They have even said Perks are not supposed to be game changing.  You can play to the meta if you want but it doesn't help you all that much.  Perks are subjective to the player using them and their play style.  

Want to know the best perk to have that does even cost you CP? Communication.  It doesn't even have to be Epic level.  Just any kind of small communication can help the team.  This is a team game for a reason.  Your odds of surviving are best when working with your team to win and not by which perks you have.  

27 minutes ago, Corkenstein said:

Exactly this.  They have even said Perks are not supposed to be game changing.  You can play to the meta if you want but it doesn't help you all that much.  Perks are subjective to the player using them and their play style.  

Want to know the best perk to have that does even cost you CP? Communication.  It doesn't even have to be Epic level.  Just any kind of small communication can help the team.  This is a team game for a reason.  Your odds of surviving are best when working with your team to win and not by which perks you have.  

Perks are just meant to give a little boost, I'm fully aware of this. 

I'm just saying that it's a little piece of the puzzle. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Gummybish said:

Perks are just meant to give a little boost, I'm fully aware of this. 

I'm just saying that it's a little piece of the puzzle. 

I appreciated this guide and I think it would help newer players to get the gist of playing her. This wasn’t meant for vets who have a specific play style and ran studies on all the perks and made lame educational videos about them. 

Obviously people will fall into their own styles but this is a great overview as to what an average player will get done as Tiff. 

• Thanks 1

I use Sucker Punch Perk with Swift Attack Perk and I've knocked Jason on his back quite a few times. It's helped many times for me.

6 minutes ago, NScarlato said:

I appreciated this guide and I think it would help newer players to get the gist of playing her. This wasn’t meant for vets who have a specific play style and ran studies on all the perks and made lame educational videos about them. 

Obviously people will fall into their own styles but this is a great overview as to what an average player will get done as Tiff. 

I'm glad you liked it, I'm open for discussion when it comes to this but I feel like some people are missing the point when I say this is my opinion and that this is indeed intended for beginner to intermediate players. 

4 minutes ago, Gummybish said:

I'm glad you liked it, I'm open for discussion when it comes to this but I feel like some people are missing the point when I say this is my opinion and that this is indeed intended for beginner to intermediate players. 

Honestly I love guides that explain innate strengths and roles and maximizing their intended role.  

Obviously all counselors can do all tasks, but I’d rather Tiffany ferry parts than a slow or loud Counselor and I’d rather Chad or Jenny be a protector than say AJ, even if she can do the job (for the two hits she gets before her bat breaks).  

Honestly new players should do things their counselor is actually good at before trying to be the elite Repair and Protector Tiff. 

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, NScarlato said:

Honestly I love guides that explain innate strengths and roles and maximizing their intended role.  

Obviously all counselors can do all tasks, but I’d rather Tiffany ferry parts than a slow or loud Counselor and I’d rather Chad or Jenny be a protector than say AJ, even if she can do the job (for the two hits she gets before her bat breaks).  

Honestly new players should do things their counselor is actually good at before trying to be the elite Repair and Protector Tiff. 

I agree, Tiffany's role is to be the reliable part ferrier, it's important to utilize her top three strengths when it really matters.

• Like 1

Apologies for the double post I recently updated the guide and Included some more info.

Understanding what are Tiffany's role(s) in the game:

We will be breaking down what are some of the most common roles people play as when it comes to choosing to play as Tiffany. Be mindful that the ones I will be describing are the ones that are the most common to be playing as. Also understand that people can play as many roles at once. Remember, grains of salt. Now let us get started.

The Ferry:

It is common understanding that Tiffany has ideal stats to make her suited as a top notch part runner. Her nearly perfect stamina and above average speed makes her quite agile to help bring parts in a quick manner to objectives. Also add to the fact that she has perfect stealth. Since stealth helps a lot in the first half of the game, this allows her to safely transport parts to objectives without getting the repairers into sticky situations. However, we must put into consideration that this role works the very best when you are working with a well communicated team that encourages teamwork in order to thrive. The first thing that comes to mind when people usually play as the ferry is to find a map. The map is extremely useful because it is important to push objectives early in the game. Another item you want to find when playing as the ferry or basically any role in this game is the walkie talkie. Communication is very important in this game. I can not stress enough. 

The Distractor:

I have noticed that there has been a recent trend of Tiffanys distracting Jason when there is not a Vanessa or Bugzy in the game. Understandable, she has the stats to keep him occupied long enough to do so. When you are playing as the distractor, your job is to keep Jason busy for as long as possible in order to give the repairers some breathing room in order to complete objectives. When playing this role, utilize cabins that are nearby and make sure you have at least one pocket knife and med spray. Also make sure you have the perks thick skinned and medic. Medic and thick skinned is crucial in this latest patch because 7 times out of 10, the Jason will be a slasher. Although it is indeed preferred that Vanessa is the distractor, sometimes you may need to take on that role.

The Snake:

You know, sometimes I forget how sneaky some Tiffany mains can be. It is quite shocking how many times I have seen this happen and I sometimes laugh about it because it throws off a Jason player striving to get a perfect 8/8. Basically this role utilizes Tiffany's stealth to the MAX. These specific Tiffany mains lurk around the map, waiting for opportunities to strike, they are not in it for the teamwork, they will do whatever, and I mean, WHATEVER they can to get out alive, even if that means stealing the car as soon as it is done. Call it a dick move but sometimes it is what it is, after all the developers did say that the ultimate goal for counselors is to survive. Typically these players would rely on the map and pocket knives as well as the shotgun. While this gameplay style is not recommended by me personally, it is rather one of the easiest ways to survive. A perk that I would imagine these types of players would utilize is nightowl to counteract their fear and preparedness to start off with the map.

These three are some of the roles that come to my mind and from what I, keyword, I, have seen in this game, I am sure that there are many more but this is just a general idea of some of the common roles I see Tiffanys play as.

21 hours ago, TiffanyIsBae said:

Jenny is usually my first kill. Rarely do I have a Jenny in my lobbies. 

You must play against people who don't know how to use Jenny lol You ain't even detecting me until rage kicks in...and even then I'm getting into hiding spots for 20 seconds to lower my fear so I'm not a red Tiffany Xmas tree on your radar. :)

On 1/15/2018 at 3:42 PM, Splatterhouse said:

You must play against people who don't know how to use Jenny lol You ain't even detecting me until rage kicks in...and even then I'm getting into hiding spots for 20 seconds to lower my fear so I'm not a red Tiffany Xmas tree on your radar. :)

I rarely see Jenny played, even then Tiffany and Vanessa are usually the final girls in most of my lobbies. Must be super rare to find a good Jenny.

14 minutes ago, TiffanyIsBae said:

I rarely see Jenny played, even then Tiffany and Vanessa are usually the final girls in most of my lobbies. Must be super rare to find a good Jenny.

Same here. Jenny rarely survives in the games I play. She is usually the first counselor to die. 

• Like 1