lunyspacelord

My prediction for a release date

Ok so based on the panel and what they showed imo this game is NOT coming out in Oct period if they still don't have the animations fully done by this point (see the testing room) and no beta date this game won't be out next month

Imo the new schedule we should be hopeful for is

Beta mid to late October at the earliest

Release mid November or late November

Like I said this is my opinion based on evidence shown at the pax panel

Regarding the testing room I think it is only used for rough prototyping, and some of the animations that were not finished in the test room were actually finished in the trailer. So I wouldn't draw any conclusions from that.

But I agree with you in believing that the game won't be out next month. In fact the devs have made it clear here on the forum that the realease will be sometime in Q4. Personally I prefer a polished game over a rushed one.

However, I read yesterday in a swedish gaming magazine that the release will be in October. I think the team needs to clarify regarding this to avoid confusion.

I don't think there is any confusion.  There is no release day.  It's "Fall 2016".  The only place I've seen October as a release date is on the Kickstarter page.  From what I understand, that was a requirement from Kickstarter to enter an actual month.

The problem is that when people hear fall they think Sept or October. Where this is a slasher game people assume Halloween for a release. Fall runs from Sept - Dec 20th. Also the kick starter campaign requires an estimate for fulfillment which was estimated at October. The window of Fall 2016 is constantly plastered on all social media channels. That question is asked every single day and the team makes attempts to correct those who say it's October.

Misinformation can happen very easy based upon the following scenarios described above. The hopes are that people who do not listen to the corrections do not get disappointed waiting for a release that was never confirmed. Time is being taken to ensure a release date before blurting one out to avoid delay release announcements which is critical for a game that has been crowd funded as most crowd funded games receive a lot of scrutiny if they start announcing and pushing back release dates. The window provides a safety net to release a concrete date in the future.

Regarding the testing room I think it is only used for rough prototyping, and some of the animations that were not finished in the test room were actually finished in the trailer. So I wouldn't draw any conclusions from that.

But I agree with you in believing that the game won't be out next month. In fact the devs have made it clear here on the forum that the realease will be sometime in Q4. Personally I prefer a polished game over a rushed one.

However, I read yesterday in a swedish gaming magazine that the release will be in October. I think the team needs to clarify regarding this to avoid confusion.

They have consistently said fall of 2016, which is not Q4. (Or is it?) I don't evknow anymore. :) That said I am inclined to agree that there will in all likelihood be a delay, but I'm ok with that. It'll be a better game for it.

Honestly. I think the beta will be in october..Launch in December..X-mas Launch would be smart for consoles.The more money they make from consoles the better game we get on pc =)

Honestly. I think the beta will be in october..Launch in December..X-mas Launch would be smart for consoles.The more money they make from consoles the better game we get on pc =)

really hope that the game has longevity and dosnt die off after a few months that's my concern

nah no way itle be that long of a wait juggling by the most recent showing it's pretty far along I would say.

I actually could see this being the case. I would love to be able to play ASAP but Gun Media and Illfonic are definitely trying to do it right. I just hope that we can at least get a nice steady stream of some info soon. All signs point to the Cabin being just about finished as it is.

I'm not even caring about actual release myself if I can get a beta key I will be in bliss and be playing early amongst other people. Experiencing bugs is a possibility but worth it. ;-)

I was hoping for a Halloween release but i cant see that happening now with no announcement for beta release yet. Im thinking beta might be end of september early october now and release will be by end of november. Ive got lots of other games to play in the meantime so im patient to wait for however long this takes to come out.

I think Halloween would've been wonderfully neat (ok, so maybe a Michael Myers game them would've been even neater, I agree!) but it was always Fall after all. I'm going for December 20th to be on the safe side ;)

Though really, I just want them to be happy with it and polish it up as much as they can. No-one wants a rushed product, so if things got tight and it was pushed past Fall I'd be okay with it.

It'll be coming out at a good time, with the long fall/winter nights. If it was out in sunny late spring or summer, that'd work against it I think.

It's coming out in fall not spring.

That just a tentative release window at best. Anything can happen in game development though, so it could very well could hit in spring or later if issues pop up.

That just a tentative release window at best. Anything can happen in game development though, so it could very well could hit in spring or later if issues pop up.

Anything can be tentative in the development stage, sure, but the window is to provide that buffer so it does not run into a delayed status. Unless some major unforeseeable issue arises fall is a safe bet.

One question I have is why is it when companies have a release date they "have to make that date"? Is it because if the games not done they don't have the extra funds to pay the designers therefore the game folds?

One question I have is why is it when companies have a release date they "have to make that date"? Is it because if the games not done they don't have the extra funds to pay the designers therefore the game folds?

In all business there are deadlines. It's a commitment made to both fans and investors. AAA publishers it's not a money issue causing a game to fold that's more occurring issue with indie games. Time = money if you have nothing to sell to recoup investments that is a big problem and no one wants to hear we have not made it thus causing more money to be spent on the developers and then inquiries as to how the time is being spent is started.

It's a business first and foremost it's all about the $

Anything can be tentative in the development stage, sure, but the window is to provide that buffer so it does not run into a delayed status. Unless some major unforeseeable issue arises fall is a safe bet.

Other than fall being a safe bet, that's all true. I mean first of all we have only months in the current window and it's still being touted as pre alpha, which isn't very encouraging, couple that with the fact they said at the panel that there are still hundreds of kill anims to still add and we know there are still other models that need to be worked on and finished which can take roughly a month per model at least and the fall window starts looking more and more implausible. Don't take any of this as a slight on the team. They are clearly talented folks, but in the world of game development unforeseeable issues are pretty much a given. I don't want it to be delayed, but the reality of the situation is we're dealing with a small team and a lot of work to be released anytime from now until December. So a delay is damn near inevitable.

Other than fall being a safe bet, that's all true. I mean first of all we have only months in the current window and it's still being touted as pre alpha, which isn't very encouraging, couple that with the fact they said at the panel that there are still hundreds of kill anims to still add and we know there are still other models that need to be worked on and finished which can take roughly a month per model at least and the fall window starts looking more and more implausible. Don't take any of this as a slight on the team. They are clearly talented folks, but in the world of game development unforeseeable issues are pretty much a given. I don't want it to be delayed, but the reality of the situation is we're dealing with a small team and a lot of work to be released anytime from now until December. So a delay is damn near inevitable.

I can understand where you are coming from but with the age of internet gaming a lot of that waiting can be mitigated through patch updates. Every Jason or stretch goal hit may not make it into the original release which has been previously stated but will be patched in later.

Beta is a small window alpha is where the majority of work is done. Beta is just more of a testing phase and a little polish. I believe the game easily can meet it's fall release window unless something massive breaks in the process.

I can understand where you are coming from but with the age of internet gaming a lot of that waiting can be mitigated through patch updates. Every Jason or stretch goal hit may not make it into the original release which has been previously stated but will be patched in later.

Beta is a small window alpha is where the majority of work is done. Beta is just more of a testing phase and a little polish. I believe the game easily can meet it's fall release window unless something massive breaks in the process.

No I understand all of that, however I'm not necessarily talking the stretch goals. I'm talking the confirmed for release Jason models of which there are 4 and the other counselors of which there are still 6. Then you have those hundreds of animations that still need to go in and can, and probably will, have issues that may or may not be easy fixes. I do understand what you're saying, but all my years watching this industry grow tells me that fall is becoming less and less likely, based solely on how much work has yet to be done and the time frame in which to get it done. I just want to be super clear here, I don't want it to be delayed, as I'm really excited to get my hands on it, but game dev has never been an exact science and issues can and do come up quite regularly. I do see a delay coming, but I hope I'm wrong.

Edit: It was my understanding that they stopped the backerkit when they did so they could have the time to get that stuff in game in game for release. If that isn't the case then why end it. At this point all the Jasons and counselors need to be in on release or people will lose their minds that confirmed features aren't there on release. It could be very detrimental to the game as those things were confirmed for release. If they leave stuff out it'll be said they rushed it and blah blah blah.

No I understand all of that, however I'm not necessarily talking the stretch goals. I'm talking the confirmed for release Jason models of which there are 4 and the other counselors of which there are still 6. Then you have those hundreds of animations that still need to go in and can, and probably will, have issues that may or may not be easy fixes. I do understand what you're saying, but all my years watching this industry grow tells me that fall is becoming less and less likely, based solely on how much work has yet to be done and the time frame in which to get it done. I just want to be super clear here, I don't want it to be delayed, as I'm really excited to get my hands on it, but game dev has never been an exact science and issues can and do come up quite regularly. I do see a delay coming, but I hope I'm wrong.

Edit: It was my understanding that they stopped the backerkit when they did so they could have the time to get that stuff in game in game for release. If that isn't the case then why end it. At this point all the Jasons and counselors need to be in on release or people will lose their minds that confirmed features aren't there on release. It could be very detrimental to the game as those things were confirmed for release. If they leave stuff out it'll be said they rushed it and blah blah blah.

Well you only see what is released. While transparency is the key not all is revealed. We do not know what stage the other Jason's or councilors or kills are in we only see them when released. Panel showed a few of many but those were not the only ones completed.

The closure of the funding period was to establish an operating budget to see what they actually had to work with. When you have an open funding period cards get declined, people cancel pledges and such was the case at the closure of the backerkit as well. Also you need to collect the money from the funding period so you can use it. While direct funding has ended there is nothing that says stuff can't be added later on driven by sales of the game.

Delays of stretch goals are often a drag but it can happen. There has also been talks numerous times about what if they are not ready on release? The answer has always been that a push for them to be in there wil be made but if it can't be done the ones that were not ready would be patched later.

I think the game, or at least the beta, is coming much sooner than people think it is.

The team has always been very good at answering questions on Twitter, but they obviously can't asnwer them all, but in like the past 3 days, there seems to be an ongoing theme...

THEYRE ALL ABOUT THE BETA. I'll attach a selection of tweets to my post, but the team seems to be focusing on clarifying things about the beta.

post-1466-0-09220900-1473270529_thumb.gif

And there's another tweet that grabbed my attention. Someone asked if we will be getting a cabin update this friday despite PAX and the twitter answered : ''We will see''. To me that sounds like oh yea you're gonna be getting something but it's not what you expect. I might be reading too much into it but could we finally get a beta announcement this friday??

That would be awesome if we get some kind of big announcement this Friday. Honestly I shouldn't think like this, but their repeated claims of "a big update coming soon" about a month ago and nothing being delivered is quickly becoming concerning. Like "we're not close to completing the game and we're using empty promises to cover that up" kind of concerning. I REALLY don't like thinking like that, but I've seen it happen to other games in development and I'm terrified of that possibly happening here too.