Sign in to follow this  
Jasonlives4ever

Jason should be able to throw darts at the tires or slash them

Jason should be able to either slash the tires or throw darts at them to keep people from escaping in the car. Of course if the tires are slashed the counselors can repair them by finding  spare tires. There should be a limit to the spare tires however, let's say 4 per game. Let me know what you guys think? It would add more realism to the game and make it a little more difficult to escape.

I really doubt Jason would be able to throw darts at the tires of a moving car that would cause any damage. What I could see Jason doing is slashing the tires preemptively, but we've already got two things to fix in the car. A battery for some reason removed from it and hidden somewhere in camp probably takes the place of the tire slashing. He should be able to block one of the routes though. Like a log down or something. 

Trouble is every Jason would make slashing the tyres of the car a mandatory objective as well as trapping it and the phone. 

Maybe there's an item somewhere on the map that Jason could use to slash a single tire (one-time use item)? And then counselors could repair it by finding a can of Fix-A-Flat and doing a QT game?

That way Jason's not slashing all 4 tires on the car and it doesn't render the car completely immobile as counselors are still able to repair it.

I know it would become a priority to destroy the tires thus making it more of a challenge to escape in the car. You would still get 4 tires to repair it with but if those are destroyed too then yes the only option would be to drive out on the rims. It would make it harder to escape but i feel it should be anyway. it' s suppose to feel like a horror survival where it's almost impossible to escape alive.

On 1/14/2018 at 12:19 PM, Splatterhouse said:

Trouble is every Jason would make slashing the tyres of the car a mandatory objective as well as trapping it and the phone. 

Yes but which do they do first? Going for the car fist means they have plenty of time to call the cops. Going for the fuse box first means there's at least enough time to get the parts gathered up. It would make you think about your first move a little more than you currently do. I don't think I've seen a Jason player NOT trap the fuse right away. Without any other viable strategy, they'd might as well just start the match with it trapped.

Maybe, to keep it simple, after X stops Jason destroys the car. They could just use the bed kill animation on the car. Change the camera angle to a view from the dash. Oil and antifreeze splattering everywhere.

On ‎1‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 7:00 PM, DasMurich said:

Maybe, to keep it simple, after X stops Jason destroys the car. They could just use the bed kill animation on the car. Change the camera angle to a view from the dash. Oil and antifreeze splattering everywhere.

I agree with this.  If the car is stopped a certain number of times (say, 3 to 5 times; maybe even make it random so it's less predictable), it just shouldn't be able to start up again.  This way the players have to be more strategic in restarting it, or just abandoning the car and coming back to try it later when the heat is off.  Constantly restarting while Jason is standing right there will only burn through all of its stops.