Sign in to follow this  
Gummybish

Types of players you find in the game. Counselor Edition

With all the issues going on in this game from dedicated servers to the bugs and balancing issues, I feel like we need to take a break and have a little fun breaking down the types of players we run into when playing this game. Feel free to add on.

Counselor Edition: 

The Lone Wolf: This player prefers to work on their own and start objectives early on the game by themselves. They typically stay away from other counselors and prefer high stealth over strength. They are usually the first or last to die or they escape by themselves.

The New Player: Basically a new player.

The Good....Bad Player: This player understands the game mechanics and understands that pushing objectives early on in the game is crucial to surviving, yet they fail most of the time at doing so. They get killed along the way because they were sprinting and not maintaining stamina, they leave doors open, overlook parts, ect.

The Screamer: This player is usually a  child that has a mic and has never really played the game before. They yell over the mic when they find a pocket knife and a shotgun thinking they found the fountain of youth, only to end up getting slashed to death because yelling that they found a pocket knife is what got them killed. 

The Team Player: This player is all about teamwork, they generally dislike lone wolves because they aren't contributing to the overall team and just working for themselves. This player brings parts to cars and protects the repairers while doing so. This player usually picks Vanessa or Chad due to their high speed and luck. These players are typically people who have played for a long time and are skilled.

The Hider: These players utilize tents, beds, and closets, as well as doors to their advantage. These players typically play as AJ because she is the designated Stealth Queen. Fuck it up sister. Team players usually hate these type of players because once again, they aren't contributing to any objectives. These players don't really care for XP and are usually STACKED with sense avoidance perks.

The Runners: The players adore the perks Marathon and Restful, rightfully so because once again, fuck it up. They usually pick Brandon, Tiffany, or Vanessa. These players can either be a blessing or a curse because they will usually either do their role and help bring the parts, or they will pick them up, see a shotgun, trade it for the shotgun, and leave the repairers screwed. They will either make or break the game.

The Salty One: This player stocks up on pocket knives, med sprays, and shotguns, yet still manages to get killed, leading them to do what they are known for, leave the game. Usually a combination of a new player and a screamer however, occasionally, once in a blue moon,  it's a veteran that becomes the salty one.

The No Mic: Basically the majority of this games community. In a game that favors teamwork a bit, these players simply don't care. You don't know what their skill level is and you don't know where their mindset is at. Will they help you complete objectives or will they simply take the car and leave you hanging? The world may never know.

Jason's Side Chick/Dude: Usually a best friend of Jason that helps him track down other players by simply telling them where they are from their map. These players can suck my big toe.

The Thug: Usually the player that likes to square up with Jason, typically plays as Chad or Brandon, maybe even Adam at times. However there seems to be a slight increase in Thug Bunnies and Thug Skeletons. They typically have on the perks medic, sucker punch, and thick skin. It can either be really effective or downright embarrassing lol.

The Ninja: These players are extremely rare, like extremely rare. These players are the ones that when they see Jason is knocking down a door to get to a counselor in a cabin, they run up and stun him, and then run away. These players surprise Jason and then vanish into thin air. Most of the times that I come across these players they are either AJ or Tiffany. Very elusive.

The Lousy Repairer: These players are aware that they are playing a counselor that is automatically designated as someone that needs to repair cars, power generators, and the phone. However, they choose to ignore this role when the parts are brought to them and the traps are either disabled or were never there in the first place. They would rather fight Jason even if their luck and strength as well as mobility is low.

The Good Repairer: A force to be reckoned with because they will do whatever they can to complete the objectives, Jason's worse nightmare. These players are the backbone of the counselors and greatly contribute to survival.

The Snake: These players are in a little league of their own. These players are very good at staying off of Jason's radar, they are in it for themselves 100% and will do whatever they can to guarantee themselves survival. The Counselors these players play as are Tiffany and AJ based off of what I see. Especially Tiffany. They will wait close to a car or boat or exit and lurk around cabins next to these objectives. Nobody really pays any attention to these players but as soon as they take the car to themselves without anyone else noticing, all eyes are on them.

Courtesy of nazzac:

Sacrificial Lamb: A player who will try to play distraction for as long as they can, be it combat or noise knowing full well that most times they will die, but it is for the good of the team to move Jason away from objectives or other vulnerable players.

- -

Courtesy of RustInPeace:

The Adapter: These players tend to play random counselor and try to adapt to the situation placed in front of them. If this player is Deborah, then they try to repair objectives. If this player is Bugsy, they try fight Jason and deliver parts. If the car is being repaired, they help in what way they can depending on character. If objectives are not getting done for some reason, they prepare to survive the full 20 minutes.

- -

Courtesy of Ker Juice:

The White Knight:  Pretty much caters to every whim of a female player- even to go as far as putting his life in danger to protect/rescue her.  Usually said female player is on his friend's list, and the general consensus is he does it in hopes of courting her into an online relationship.

The Casual:  Solely responsible for stupid unwritten rules in private matches, such as "No Slashing" and my favorite- "No Spawn Killing."  This player is not familiar with the F13 Movie Franchise, and does not understand chances of surviving are supposed to be low.  In order to minimize salt induced deaths, they made up their own rules to increase survival immensely, and now it is the norm.   

The Hero:  The one who lives by the motto: "No man left behind."  This player is usually someone who has seen and done it all, and has capped out at max level.  The hero has nothing to prove, and now finds a new level of fun and challenge in trying to get as many counselors to safety as he or she can.  The hero will get objectives going, protect them, and not take a seat early on.  If things are getting hairy, you best believe The Hero can drive his or her ass off and will make the smart call to drive 3 counselors to safety against a very competent Jason.  The Hero's crowning achievement has to be when they return as Tommy.  He or she were playing Tommy the correct way, even before the last patch had to make it clear what his role was for the idiotic Casual. 

- -

Courtesy of MRWood204

The Tag-Along: Usually someone younger and newer who wants to team-up for a match and can be either a burden or a blessing depending on the situation and the volume of their voice.

- -

Courtesy of TheButtonMasher

The Driver: Did you find the keys before this person? Well, good luck. Prepare to get called every name under the sun until you give them the keys. You handed them over? Good. Now watch as he leaves without you. Whats that? By some miracle, you managed to get in the car with him? Well lucky you. You just might survive. Oh wait. They cant drive for shit. Hm.  Well  I guess you did die.

• Like 2

I would say this one to add, and it actually describes myself i think

The Adapter: These players tend to play random counselor and try to adapt to the situation placed in front of them. If this player is Debra, then they try to repair objectives. If this player is Bugsy, they try fight Jason and deliver parts. If the car is being repaired, they help in what way they can depending on character. If objectives are not getting done for some reason, they prepare to survive the full 20 minutes.

For Jason (though it is a bit more loose and a lot will overlap)...

Objective controllers: These Jasons tend to use traps on objectives and morph between them. They favour Part 2 because of his extra traps. Their main goal is to make sure nothing gets repaired.

The tunnelers: These Jasons love the 1 on 1 chase. No matter what is going on elsewhere, this Jason will try get the counselor they have their eye on and will not stop until that person is dead.

The slashers: These Jasons do not bother with grabbing, they will just slash until the counselors die. These people tend to use part 3 or part 4 Jason.

The shift grabbers: These Jasons are very efficient at shift grabbing and tend to use this tactic more than most. These players tend to use good shift Jasons like part 9.

Stealth Jasons: These Jasons love a good jump scare. They tend to use stalk to good effect and often wait until the counselors come to them.

Jack of all Jasons:  The people tend to use random Jasons and try to adapt their gameplay based on which Jason they are given. If they are part 3 they slash more. If they are part 2 they trap and control objectives etc...

The salty Jason: The one that leaves when things do not go his way

The newbie: This player is new to the game and does not know how to use Jason to his full effect.

• Like 1

The White Knight:  Pretty much caters to every whim of a female player- even to go as far as putting his life in danger to protect/rescue her.  Usually said female player is on his friend's list, and the general consensus is he does it in hopes of courting her into an online relationship.

The Casual:  Solely responsible for stupid unwritten rules in private matches, such as "No Slashing" and my favorite- "No Spawn Killing."  This player is not familiar with the F13 Movie Franchise, and does not understand chances of surviving are supposed to be low.  In order to minimize salt induced deaths, they made up their own rules to increase survival immensely, and now it is the norm.   

The Defeatist:  Someone who loathes being Jason.  They struggle to get kills, and have prematurely determined a 1/8 or 2/8 game.  Defeatist usually walk around telling players they are not going to harm any one, to go ahead and escape, or if the counselors want- they can kill him or her as Jason.

The Hero:  The one who lives by the motto: "No man left behind."  This player is usually someone who has seen and done it all, and has capped out at max level.  The hero has nothing to prove, and now finds a new level of fun and challenge in trying to get as many counselors to safety as he or she can.  The hero will get objectives going, protect them, and not take a seat early on.  If things are getting hairy, you best believe The Hero can drive his or her ass off and will make the smart call to drive 3 counselors to safety against a very competent Jason.  The Hero's crowning achievement has to be when they return as Tommy.  He or she were playing Tommy the correct way, even before the last patch had to make it clear what his role was for the idiotic Casual

Goddamn I hate you casual players for ruining private matches on Xbox.   

• Like 1

So far, according to this list (in line with my playstyle), I am a Adaptive-Hero-Team Player, with a mix of No Mic for when I am in public lobbies solo, yet still basically play the same (unless the room warrents me to No Mic-Lone Wolf/Team Player and just escape while others do thier trolling to Jason, or a JasonXCounselor situation has me escape early so I can leave the lobby after the match and just be rid with them).

As for when I am Jason, it looks to be a Stealth-Jack-Shift-Slash-Objective playstyle.  Tunnel Vision Jasons are entertaining to watch as a spectator, but sucks to be the one tunneled.  The benefit to being tunneled is, as long as you are eating up Jasons time and don't mind being the sacrifice, it helps the Team Player types get things done FAST!  This probably is the case when players claim objectives are getting done early on in a match.

@Gummybish, Add Sacrificial Lamb:  A player who will try to play distraction for as long as they can, be it combat or noise, knowing full well that most times they will die, but it is for the good of the team to move Jason away from objectives or other vulnerable players.

• Like 1

The Tag-Along: Usually someone younger and newer who wants to team-up for a match and can be either a burden or a blessing depending on the situation and the volume of their voice.

• Like 1

The Driver: Did you find the keys before this person? Well, good luck. Prepare to get called every name under the sun until you give them the keys. You handed them over? Good. Now watch as he leaves without you. Whats that? By some miracle, you managed to get in the car with him? Well lucky you. You just might survive. Oh wait. They cant drive for shit. Hm.  Well  I guess you did die.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TheButtonMasher said:

The Driver: Did you find the keys before this person? Well, good luck. Prepare to get called every name under the sun until you give them the keys. You handed them over? Good. Now watch as he leaves without you. Whats that? By some miracle, you managed to get in the car with him? Well lucky you. You just might survive. Oh wait. They cant drive for shit. Hm.  Well  I guess you did die.

This one made me laugh so hard.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Gummybish said:

This one made me laugh so hard.

Always great to hear! :lol: