Sign in to follow this  

So anybody eles think we should be able to find 1 on the map? I'd say it should be a 1 hit kill however, its 1 shot only an theres only 1. A few friends were talking bout this so i decided to see what others think. He has used it before so its not, non-cannon. Idk how to make the video show but heres the link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4M7uGevT0A

• Like 3

Speargun, harpoon gun is much bigger. Yes Jason should get a one shot speargun on the Higgins map.

• Like 1

Everything needs counterplay. Jason being able to kill someone without the effort is both cheap and unfair. Even if there’s one, it still wouldn’t be balanced or fair.

4 minutes ago, TiffanyIsBae said:

Everything needs counterplay. Jason being able to kill someone without the effort is both cheap and unfair. Even if there’s one, it still wouldn’t be balanced or fair.

Agreed! It would definitely feel cheap and unfair...  😡 

How would the speargun be unfair? 1 shot and if you hit them in a fatal spot its an instant kill. That alone, would single handedly make people think twice about walking up to jason with 2 pk's, 2 sprays, and a fucking frying pan. I am all for this. The spear gun would be feared by all, amen!👍

• Like 8

2 hours ago, Jballz said:

How would the speargun be unfair? 1 shot and if you hit them in a fatal spot its an instant kill. That alone, would single handedly make people think twice about walking up to jason with 2 pk's, 2 sprays, and a fucking frying pan. I am all for this. The spear gun would be feared by all, amen!👍

Agreed. People act like Jason shouldn't be able to get a one hit kill once in a while. Silly.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, TiffanyIsBae said:

Yeah, and a 90lb girl with booty shorts and a frying pan knocking out a 7' 300 lb psycho is fair.

• Like 5

Ya thats a great kill plus its in the movie. You big babys make people sick with all your crying. God forbid Jason get a one shot kill on a counselor with 2 pocket knifes a med spray and a shotgun  

1 hour ago, Rexfellis said:

Yeah, and a 90lb girl with booty shorts and a frying pan knocking out a 7' 300 lb psycho is fair.

Yeah, and somehow a bat hitting a 7’ 300 lb psycho will knock him down, but you don’t see other people crying. 

5 hours ago, TiffanyIsBae said:

Lol.

He aim shifts grab, that's an automatic instant kill.

You aim and shoot the harpoon correctly, then it's an automatic instant kill.

Seriously, what would be so different? Besides the unnecessary amounts of pocket knives that was increase to make grab kills pretty much pointless. 

3 hours ago, TiffanyIsBae said:

Yeah, and somehow a bat hitting a 7’ 300 lb psycho will knock him down, but you don’t see other people crying. 

Really? Nobody but me is "crying" that Jason has been nerfed beyond belief and is always getting stunned when it shouldn't happen? That is weird, I could have sworn that maybe a couple of other people had voiced their displeasure about this very thing. Oh well, I guess I am just a crybaby. 😢

• Like 1

I Would like that.

It would be especially Helpful for Jason in Following scenario:

Police is called, 5-6 dancing Trolls/Goofers at Exit with 10 Pocket Knifes, Bats and shotguns waiting for him.

Jason then comes, fires the harpoon into the middle and ends the Party...

9 hours ago, Jballz said:

Just buff Jason (fix his grab, reduce pocket knives and med sprays) and you won't see counselors running up to Jason with a frying pan, lol. We don't need to give Jason a weapon that will kill in one shot. Just my two cents worth 👍😁

What if it only spawns when the counselors have the sweater? What if it only instakills on a head shot? Or if you hit someone with the sweater it disables the sweater? It could do massive damage to where you only need a throwing knife to finish them off. It could also be clumsy to aim.

Just like the shotgun, the speargun shot could be dodged. I have dodged shotgun blasts with Jason plenty of times. This is another reason I was against taking away friendly fire, if you play it right you can make the person miss. I've juked plenty of dickheads in private that were trying to shoot me in the face.  So, it wouldn't be a guaranteed kill, there would be some skill involved on Jason's part. I'm 100% for this.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rexfellis said:

Just like the shotgun, the speargun shot could be dodged. I have dodged shotgun blasts with Jason plenty of times. This is another reason I was against taking away friendly fire, if you play it right you can make the person miss. I've juked plenty of dickheads in private that were trying to shoot me in the face.  So, it wouldn't be a guaranteed kill, there would be some skill involved on Jason's part. I'm 100% for this.

This is exactly how i would implement the almighty spear gun. ME LIKESIES! 👍

Love this idea. I could see it creating a lot of "oh shit!" moments if used correctly (stalk, shift, shoot).

An alternative option to eleviate some people viewing it as unfair (though I don't agree) would be to make it a special, long range environmental kill.

It doesn't seem that bad of an idea, considering you could possibly dodge it and since Jason would be spending time looking for it (giving you time to do objectives), it could be fun.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Rexfellis said:

Really? Nobody but me is "crying" that Jason has been nerfed beyond belief and is always getting stunned when it shouldn't happen? That is weird, I could have sworn that maybe a couple of other people had voiced their displeasure about this very thing. Oh well, I guess I am just a crybaby. 😢

I’ve seen you in every Jason thread complaining about the same issue, we’re all aware about him being underpowered. As stated by @IronKnight55 just increase his range, and reduce pocket knifes. Keep crying until then. 

11 hours ago, TiffanyIsBae said:

Keep crying until then. 

First you tell me that "nobody else is crying" then you say "that we are all aware that Jason is underpowered". Do you have a habit of contradicting yourself on a regular basis?

I gave reasons why the speargun could be useful, but the only point you can focus on is that I said Jason is underpowered in the current state of the game. I said it, and I will keep saying it. If we are all aware of it, then it's an issue that needs to be fixed. You said that there should be a counterplay to the speargun, I gave one option as to what the counterplay could be, just dodge it. I'll keep crying, and you keep arguing why the counselors should be more powerful than they are now. Jeebus knows that the kids in the movies usually beat Jason down on a regular basis. :wacko:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I love this idea actually. It would keep counselors on their toes that is for sure. RIP Vera.

On 14/01/2018 at 6:23 AM, IronKnight55 said:

Just buff Jason (fix his grab, reduce pocket knives and med sprays) and you won't see counselors running up to Jason with a frying pan, lol. We don't need to give Jason a weapon that will kill in one shot. Just my two cents worth 👍😁

I understand you can just reduce pk's, sprays, guns etc... but what the hell would be wrong with giving Jason some variance? The spear gun in no way would be overpowered, just juke and dance your little asses off if it misses 😃👍

Its not a bad idea. A 1 shot environmental kill that Jason basically carries with him. If you're hit you writhe around on the ground for a slow agonizing death while Jason carries on about his business. You could still dodge it, and since there would be only one on the map it wouldn't be too OP. Jason would still have to come across it to pick it up. Maybe have it spawn at docks, boat houses, and main lodges/structures.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR5JXgvOZSM5-0GmkOvtoy

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Jballz said:

I understand you can just reduce pk's, sprays, guns etc... but what the hell would be wrong with giving Jason some variance? The spear gun in no way would be overpowered, just juke and dance your little asses off if it misses 😃👍

We will just have to agree to disagree. 👍🙂