Jump to content
B-Mackin86

Need dedicated or better servers/players

Recommended Posts

So I'm new to this place and there are way too many topics to know if this has been properly addressed. I have ps+ obviously to play online and it's the first time I purchased the subscription exclusively for this game. To pay for internet and then online access to games is a lot to ask for when it appears servers aren't dedicated. 

Host migration isn't implemented in this game and is desperately needed. I played 6 games in a row waiting to first find a match, then be dumped by the host because he lost or whatever. To lose hours over time and xp because someone can't grow up and realize they aren't going to win every game is atrocious.

I personally, my first time killed maybe two counselors and I kept playing to get better and try to have fun. These players who leave us high and dry need to be held accountable because I'm about to give up trying to play this game and tell others not to even bother at that rate unless they do private games.

This is frustrating because I love the series and the game that gun media has done a great job concept wise, etc. But these shitty players that just want to ruin it for others I can't take. I don't know if the developers can address this problem but at least find a way to award the points I earned so I'm not wasting all this time to end up empty handed time and time again. Thanks for listening to my rant. I'm sure someone's going to bust my balls and just be douchie during this discussion at one point or another.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, B-Mackin86 said:

So I'm new to this place and there are way too many topics to know if this has been properly addressed.

 

Ok I understand you're new so let me put this nicely. Don't feel disheartened when this is locked, because this has been discussed MANY times before.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From what I can gather, it's either too complicated an issue for the devs to handle, or consoles are more complicated/less important to the devs, or possibly a combination of all 3.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welcome to the forums.  

The only answer you will get is "soon".  It's a known issue and it sucks.  Unfortunately, we can't really even tell you to join private matches because the player base for private matches has dwindled.  It's hard filling a lobby these days.  You can check out Crystal Lake Employment Agency though. May have some luck there if a member is host.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I won't be disheartened by the thread being shut down. Just by not being able to enjoy a game that should be so much more enjoyable. Also I know Offline is stress free but not as rewarding as playing against unpredictable people. Plus no counselor play for offline, not only that, but the xp doesn't seem to match up.  I still very much keep coming back, but idk for how much longer. 

I never do threads or forums so if I screw any of this up some help would be appreciated. Maddogg, I wonder if trying to reach out to players in matches that go smooth and developing a small group to play consistent matches is the best medicine.

I personally have no one that is a friend with a ps4 nor am I an adolescent. I'm 31 and the ship for reaching out to other ppl had sort of sailed a long time ago. Ppl don't value friendships or want to pursue any connections these days anyways so I doubt I'd have much luck in either venture. Maybe one day things will change. Well that took an unexpected turn. Had that been discussed before buttonmasher ;) just messing.

13 hours ago, TheButtonMasher said:

Ok I understand you're new so let me put this nicely. Don't feel disheartened when this is locked, because this has been discussed MANY times before.

 

12 hours ago, Maddogg_8121 said:

Welcome to the forums.  

The only answer you will get is "soon".  It's a known issue and it sucks.  Unfortunately, we can't really even tell you to join private matches because the player base for private matches has dwindled.  It's hard filling a lobby these days.  You can check out Crystal Lake Employment Agency though. May have some luck there if a member is host.  

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, B-Mackin86 said:

I never do threads or forums so if I screw any of this up some help would be appreciated. Maddogg, I wonder if trying to reach out to players in matches that go smooth and developing a small group to play consistent matches is the best medicine.

I personally have no one that is a friend with a ps4 nor am I an adolescent. I'm 31 and the ship for reaching out to other ppl had sort of sailed a long time ago. Ppl don't value friendships or want to pursue any connections these days anyways so I doubt I'd have much luck in either venture. Maybe one day things will change. Well that took an unexpected turn. Had that been discussed before buttonmasher ;) just messing.

 

 

Check out the "Player Run Challenges" forum - there's a private match PS4 group. Also search for "Crystal Lake Employment Agency" that's a group that plays online.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yea, watch out, you might get a few panties bunched up for creating a post that doesnt break any rules besides whatever rules a few mods want to make up.

 

Or a few kiss-a**es who want to be like them. Lol

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You are more than welcome to add me if you'd like.  I have a group or two that play regularly.  I only play in private matches two days a week (Thursday and Friday) and then offline during the week after midnight.  My psn is MadDogg_8121. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks guys for reaching out with the info and understanding we're in the same boat with these issues. 

I don't understand the getting shut down by the mods thing either Spyro. Seems kind of like high school. I'd rather be me and speak my mind than following the mindless masses. But then again look at how the world runs these days. Seems like the same mentality applies there.

Now that's out of the way... What version is your fav of Jason from the series and do you think they'll actually make a good follow up movie in the series? Anyone is free to answer this one. Halloween's reimagining sounds promising, but even the Rob zombie ones weren't exactly what I was hoping for, but maybe they'll nail it this time. Perhaps things lose their zest over time as well and should be left to live in the Glory days before it's too late. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, B-Mackin86 said:

Now that's out of the way... What version is your fav of Jason from the series and do you think they'll actually make a good follow up movie in the series? Anyone is free to answer this one. Halloween's reimagining sounds promising, but even the Rob zombie ones weren't exactly what I was hoping for, but maybe they'll nail it this time. Perhaps things lose their zest over time as well and should be left to live in the Glory days before it's too late. 

I don't want to be a hater, but I'm a little pissed they gave Michael another movie and cancelled Jason's. I'm still gonna watch it, but Michael always seemed like a boring killer to me in comparison with Jason and Freddy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Spyro said:

Yea, watch out, you might get a few panties bunched up for creating a post that doesnt break any rules besides whatever rules a few mods want to make up.

 

Or a few kiss-a**es who want to be like them. Lol

 

Literally 5 out of 9 of your posts have been the same thing. We get it, you're an intimidating individual.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, BoxingRouge said:

Dedicated Servers are never coming to consoles, they make up a ton of excuses to cover up its “lengthy process”.

* ends up being announced that they are coming in the next patch *

I'd be shook if this happened.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, TheButtonMasher said:

Literally 5 out of 9 of your posts have been the same thing. We get it, you're an intimidating individual.

I believe you spelled "Irritating" incorrectly sir. :lol:

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, sorry, but I do have to lock this up. As explained before, we try to avoid duplicated topics as much as possible because it saves both forum server space and also the risk of forums being filled up with the same issue brought up in several threads rather than kept to one and obscuring the new stuff.

Dedicated servers are still a process that is ongoing, not cancelled.

This was the official word on it they posted, so have a read through there and see if it helps out or if you have any thoughts you'd like to add.

http://forum.f13game.com/topic/9937-dedicated-servers-update-and-why-host-migration-wont-happen/

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×