Sign in to follow this  
darincardin

Stalk Mode Permanent?

Am I the only one that feels like the game is really hurt by the fact that the music will warn you anytime Jason is near?  Don't get me wrong, I think they did a great job with the game. But, at the same time, the thing that made the movie so effective is that you were constantly in suspense. Jason could be behind any door. But when you have that chase music play when Jason is near, your basically telling the other players that they are safe and there is nothing to fear at this time.  I think the devs should consider making the stalk ability permanent. Is there some way it could be tested? Like, maybe there could be someway the players could select which mode they wanted to play. Im curious how many people would play that version versus the original one. If the devs see this, i hope they get back to me; i think the idea is worth at least testing.

• Like 1

I think they need to either increase the radius that it can be heard, so its harder to pinpoint where he is, or lessen it so you can actually have eyes on someone before using stalk instead of burning it for maybe nothing. Too many times have I been in a situation where I was three cabins down from a counselor and they were alerted. Also the screaming when you see Jason is more of a hinder to Jason than the counselors IMO. 

Music plays as first warning, static is another when an ability is used, and then you add the scream. Thats 3 warning signs for counselors for them to decide when to burn their stam. I can count on maybe 1 hand how many times a scream has pointed out a counselor to me as Jason. Usually I already know where they are before they scream.

5 minutes ago, darincardin said:

Am I the only one 

No pretty sure there have been lots of threads going over permanent stalk. Use the search button next time.

• Thanks 1

No you aren't.  I usually turn the music off as a counselor. I've had a lot of "oh shit!!!" Jump scares from it.  I've suggested getting rid of the music until the last two minutes or decrease the radius in which it kicks in by a significant amount.  Hearing Jason from 3 cabins down is no fun.  They also need to get rid of the counselor scream.  It completely ruins stalk.  It appears to be radius based instead of line of sight.  

Increasing the length of stalk/shift/sense, and decreasing the # of swings it takes to destroy a door could finally be a way to make the game more balanced after the foolish idea to make an explosion in pocket knives, spray, guns, flares, etc

The music is actually one of the things I think they've done a great job implementing. Could use some tweaking. Except that, at least for me, I can only hear the one track when I am Jason. 

I'd like to see being "seen" fixed when you're in stalk. Just today I burned a little time in offline. I was in stalk and approached a cabin a counselor just dove in to. When I reached it they screamed. They've apparently got really effective x-ray vision. 

I used to hate the close proximity auto scream from counselors, but I figured it was a translation of that sixth sense that you feel someone's watching you, or really close without *knowing* it. That being said, I'd totally be on board for switching out the close proximity auto scream for something else, like an extra-intense controller vibration when Jason is approaching in stalk mode