WashingtonJones

-Traps Jasons need 4 traps instead of 3

On 1/19/2018 at 11:54 AM, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

They'd stay broken if pocket knives were used on them.

If everything stays current with knives and whatnot, then this is a good idea, but if not then :j2: J2 and 5-trap Jasons are going to end up being too OP with traps. 

Even in the game's current state, 5 traps is still the sweet spot, for me at least. It's too difficult to effectively double trap anything anyway, especially the phone and I'm not at all a fan of quadruple trapping it like it's a cage. 

At least give :JasonPt7: J7 (best looking, best kills) 4 traps. :JasonPt4: J4 (running, weapon strength, destruction) & :JasonPt9: J9 (shift) seem to fare a little better with 3 traps due to their strengths. 

Again, I guess ideas like this can be put on hold until we see what the next update brings, but I have feeling it's not gonna make much of a difference when it comes to 3 traps. 

On 1/18/2018 at 12:06 PM, Jimmy The Hand said:

Couple of other phone options:

1) Introduce an environmental kill where Jason pulls the phone from the wall and strangles a counselor with the cord, simultaneously disabling the phone permanently

2) Locate the phone in another nearby cabin, not the one with the box, making it tougher to complete the objective unless you coordinate with another counselor.  i.e. Back story being that the box is a central exchange and Jason has already destroyed all other cabin phones but missed one.

The first one is unbalanced. The 2nd idea isn’t bad though.