WashingtonJones

-Traps Jasons need 4 traps instead of 3

Being able to snag counselors trying to enter a car door has been an AWESOME part of the last update. I'm surprised I haven't seen more praise for it. It helps reduce a lot of worry.

But it doesn't really help a -Traps :JasonPt7:  Jason unless there's a boat or if you choose to ignore the 2 seater.

There's no good trap strategies you can use with 3 traps.

3 is too little. I beleive one more would make a substantial difference without making it too hard on counselors. 

Let us have more strategic options with our favorite :JasonPt7: Jasons.

(Mods: Please merge this with whatever similar thread that I couldn't find while searching.)

You're kind of negating a weakness there, the whole point of having -traps is that it's supposed to be a handicap. Having one less trap than regular Jasons isn't really a handicap. 

The root problem isn't -Traps. It's the phone objective. Once police are called, Jason can no longer dictate the match. Not only must he prevent other objectives from being completed, but he must also prevent counselors from reaching the exit. It's enormous pressure, especially if they are called early on. This is assuming you're up against a good lobby of course.

How Traps play into this is because by placing only a single trap at the phone, you might as well as place none. It's simply not enough defence. Double-trapping the phone is absolutely needed, which means -Traps Jasons only have 1 left which goes to 4-seater. 

The phone objective is just too easy to accomplish with a good team, and that's the problem IMO.

• Like 1

I place more traps at the 4-seater car than the phone.  Even when the cops come most players don't bother to escape.  They'd rather troll Jason and look for the sweater...and have a dance party.

2 minutes ago, Jay Shen said:

I place more traps at the 4-seater car than the phone.  Even when the cops come most players don't bother to escape.  They'd rather troll Jason and look for the sweater...and have a dance party.

Like I said, my advice is written assuming you're up against a good lobby. Getting the cops called on you means you can no longer adequately control any objectives, unless you cut your losses and focus on just 1. There simply won't be enough time or opportunity, and during this time is exactly when they can get the sweater and finish the job if you're not careful.

Think about it. You must control 4-seater, 2-seater / boat, prevent counselor getting sweater, and prevent counselors getting to the exit, all in just 5 mins before cops arrive (less with the perk). That's a lot of places to be at once in a very short span of time. Phone is highest priority objective and needs as much defence as it can get.  

• Like 2

All u can really do is 2 on the phone right now regardless.

4 traps gives you 2 on the phone and one for each vehicle. 

That set up feels more like a weakness.

3 traps is more of a crippling than a weakness.

Couple of other phone options:

1) Introduce an environmental kill where Jason pulls the phone from the wall and strangles a counselor with the cord, simultaneously disabling the phone permanently

2) Locate the phone in another nearby cabin, not the one with the box, making it tougher to complete the objective unless you coordinate with another counselor.  i.e. Back story being that the box is a central exchange and Jason has already destroyed all other cabin phones but missed one.

This is the thread I wanted to reply to earlier lol.

We don't need more traps, just allow Jason to re-arm traps that were stepped in while those disarmed with pocket knives remain broken. And allow Jason to pick up and re-set traps that haven't been broken. It would give much more versatility to all Jasons regarding trap usage.

Think about it, you chase a counselor into a one-exit cabin, trap the windows and door, catch them on the way out, kill them, pick up the traps and move on. It would be an offensive use for traps rather than defensive(defending objectives).

For some Jasons that could be an issue with picking up all the traps and placing them around a cabin with the last survivors, so maybe limit the amount of traps that can be picked up again. Like, after they've been set, Jason can only pick up a portion of his traps rather than all at once. Like -Traps he can pick up 2 again after setting them, normal traps he can pick up 3 again, and +Traps he can pick up 4 again after they've all been set.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

This is the thread I wanted to reply to earlier lol.

We don't need more traps, just allow Jason to re-arm traps that were stepped in while those disarmed with pocket knives remain broken. And allow Jason to pick up and re-set traps that haven't been broken. It would give much more versatility to all Jasons regarding trap usage.

Think about it, you chase a counselor into a one-exit cabin, trap the windows and door, catch them on the way out, kill them, pick up the traps and move on. It would be an offensive use for traps rather than defensive(defending objectives).

For some Jasons that could be an issue with picking up all the traps and placing them around a cabin with the last survivors, so maybe limit the amount of traps that can be picked up again. Like, after they've been set, Jason can only pick up a portion of his traps rather than all at once. Like -Traps he can pick up 2 again after setting them, normal traps he can pick up 3 again, and +Traps he can pick up 4 again after they've all been set.

Then what would be the point of having less traps if you could just re-arm them... It's supposed to be a con for a reason.

5 hours ago, BetsyPalmer said:

Then what would be the point of having less traps if you could just re-arm them... It's supposed to be a con for a reason.

They'd stay broken if pocket knives were used on them.

• Like 2

Does ANYONE have a list of how many traps each version of Jason gets?

I play with Retro, and I always start with five.

6 minutes ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

They'd stay broken if pocket knives were used on them.

I'm sure most people would rather tank traps than use pocket knives that could save them from a potential grab... especially with the nerfy car. The driver almost always needs a pocket knife. Once they fix the amount of knife spawns, I'm sure they'll be more scarce and it would be tedious to have to undo a trap just to be assured it won't be reset again.

21 minutes ago, Cokeyskunk said:

Does ANYONE have a list of how many traps each version of Jason gets?

I play with Retro, and I always start with five.

From memory (correct me if I'm wrong):

Part 2: 7
Part 3/Retro: 5
Part 4: 3
Part 6: 5
Part 7: 3
Part 8: 5
Part 9: 3
Savini: 5

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, BetsyPalmer said:

I'm sure most people would rather tank traps than use pocket knives that could save them from a potential grab... especially with the nerfy car. The driver almost always needs a pocket knife. Once they fix the amount of knife spawns, I'm sure they'll be more scarce and it would be tedious to have to undo a trap just to be assured it won't be reset again.

But traps being able to be reset means that eventually you'll run out of health sprays if you don't work together to pressure multiple objectives at once so Jason can't morph between them to protect them. It means if Jason shows up mid-repair then your trap tanking was for nothing because he'd reset the trap. It would encourage disarming stealthily to ensure a successful repair.

7 minutes ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

But traps being able to be reset means that eventually you'll run out of health sprays if you don't work together to pressure multiple objectives at once so Jason can't morph between them to protect them. It means if Jason shows up mid-repair then your trap tanking was for nothing because he'd reset the trap. It would encourage disarming stealthily to ensure a successful repair.

I keep hearing this "work together" phrase. Not everyone plays private matches where everyone has a mic and is coordinated... 

24 minutes ago, BetsyPalmer said:

I keep hearing this "work together" phrase. Not everyone plays private matches where everyone has a mic and is coordinated... 

The current status of the game requires no teamwork because it's so easy to get past Jason in many ways.

8 minutes ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

The current status of the game requires no teamwork because it's so easy to get past Jason in many ways.

Once pocket-knives, sprays, and guns are reduced I am positive those easy attempts will also reduce drastically. 

I really miss how it used to be more challenging... 

On 1/18/2018 at 3:06 PM, Jimmy The Hand said:

Couple of other phone options:

1) Introduce an environmental kill where Jason pulls the phone from the wall and strangles a counselor with the cord, simultaneously disabling the phone permanently

2) Locate the phone in another nearby cabin, not the one with the box, making it tougher to complete the objective unless you coordinate with another counselor.  i.e. Back story being that the box is a central exchange and Jason has already destroyed all other cabin phones but missed one.

I like option 2 quite a bit. Makes using walkies to communicate all the more necessary.

31 minutes ago, BetsyPalmer said:

I feel badly for them. Playing as a team is much more fun than lone wolfing it. In my humble opinion anyway.

1 hour ago, BetsyPalmer said:

Yep. I don't drive anymore unless I have a knife. Until they fix that issue it's an easy grab 9/10.

4 minutes ago, malloymk said:

Yep. I don't drive anymore unless I have a knife. Until they fix that issue it's an easy grab 9/10.

Dude you're triple posting... I'd be careful about doing that too much

1 minute ago, BetsyPalmer said:

Dude you're triple posting... I'd be careful about doing that too much

Weird. Only shows up as one post on my screen.

6 minutes ago, malloymk said:

Nevermind. I see what you mean. I thought you meant duplicate posts.

Lol you're still doing it. Just press "edit". But don't worry, I slip up sometimes too

I'd like to be able to sacrifice a weapon to disable a trap, don't really care if Jason is notified. Seems wrong to make my character purposely step in a trap when I'm holding something, just let me set it off with my bat or poker. Notify Jason, but let me skip the escape mini game, and save my med. spray. The weapon should be destroyed, when you strike the trap with it, then Jason should get his triggered trap notification.