Sign in to follow this  
WashingtonJones

-Traps Jasons need 4 traps instead of 3

Being able to snag counselors trying to enter a car door has been an AWESOME part of the last update. I'm surprised I haven't seen more praise for it. It helps reduce a lot of worry.

But it doesn't really help a -Traps :JasonPt7:  Jason unless there's a boat or if you choose to ignore the 2 seater.

There's no good trap strategies you can use with 3 traps.

3 is too little. I beleive one more would make a substantial difference without making it too hard on counselors. 

Let us have more strategic options with our favorite :JasonPt7: Jasons.

(Mods: Please merge this with whatever similar thread that I couldn't find while searching.)

You're kind of negating a weakness there, the whole point of having -traps is that it's supposed to be a handicap. Having one less trap than regular Jasons isn't really a handicap. 

The root problem isn't -Traps. It's the phone objective. Once police are called, Jason can no longer dictate the match. Not only must he prevent other objectives from being completed, but he must also prevent counselors from reaching the exit. It's enormous pressure, especially if they are called early on. This is assuming you're up against a good lobby of course.

How Traps play into this is because by placing only a single trap at the phone, you might as well as place none. It's simply not enough defence. Double-trapping the phone is absolutely needed, which means -Traps Jasons only have 1 left which goes to 4-seater. 

The phone objective is just too easy to accomplish with a good team, and that's the problem IMO.

I place more traps at the 4-seater car than the phone.  Even when the cops come most players don't bother to escape.  They'd rather troll Jason and look for the sweater...and have a dance party.

2 minutes ago, Jay Shen said:

I place more traps at the 4-seater car than the phone.  Even when the cops come most players don't bother to escape.  They'd rather troll Jason and look for the sweater...and have a dance party.

Like I said, my advice is written assuming you're up against a good lobby. Getting the cops called on you means you can no longer adequately control any objectives, unless you cut your losses and focus on just 1. There simply won't be enough time or opportunity, and during this time is exactly when they can get the sweater and finish the job if you're not careful.

Think about it. You must control 4-seater, 2-seater / boat, prevent counselor getting sweater, and prevent counselors getting to the exit, all in just 5 mins before cops arrive (less with the perk). That's a lot of places to be at once in a very short span of time. Phone is highest priority objective and needs as much defence as it can get.  

• Like 1

All u can really do is 2 on the phone right now regardless.

4 traps gives you 2 on the phone and one for each vehicle. 

That set up feels more like a weakness.

3 traps is more of a crippling than a weakness.