TomDice

Where is everybody from...

2 hours ago, Alkavian said:

I was just letting @Jballz know there are others. I am not Canadian, but we can still be friends.? 

Got to ensure the forums never run low on maple syrup.

We can be friends. Lots of love to our friends below. Sorry @Cer1alkill3r I didn't see you the first time i browsed. I see it now though ☺

• Like 1

On 1/13/2018 at 6:29 AM, TheHansonGoons said:

That's awesome guys. Definitely remember The Distillery.  For Columbus club's, Bernie's was my favorite. I also like Ravari Room.

In Dayton, I used to be human resources of a venue called Dayton Dirt Collective. That was back in '08,'09. I remember a bunch of venues: Elbo's, Blind Bob's, The foundry, Church of Rock and Roll just to name a few. I was friends with people in lots of different bands. Namely punk,ska,grind, post punk, etc. 

Down in Cincinnati there was Sudsy Maine's, Top Cat's, Board's, and awesome one that was set up like a pirate bar (I think the Cove but I can't remember)

Big surprise that the Ohio people are not ashamed (and are, in fact PROUD of it).

Cleveland, here.  Yes, I've met LeBron.  Yes, he's as big of a dick as you think.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Bropollocreed79 said:

Big surprise that the Ohio people are not ashamed (and are, in fact PROUD of it).

Cleveland, here.  Yes, I've met LeBron.  Yes, he's as big of a dick as you think.

Some great clubs in Cleveland too.

Now That's Class, Peabody's, Agora. Electric Ballroom.

Seen a lot of cool shows up there. Flats are fun, when not packed with douche bags. The markets are awesome if you are into cooking. 

On 1/13/2018 at 10:21 AM, humerabi said:

buckeye nation, or Columbus, Ohio!

Ohio as well! But I'm from the South (Cincinnati). But currently staying in Dayton for school.

21 hours ago, Alkavian said:

EDIT: Oh...I just noticed. This is my 2,000th post. :o Good to know I was talking about food....mmm....maple syrup.

Wow and I though me hitting 500 was impressive. Congrats on 2000 dude.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Bropollocreed79 said:

There was a time I could not wait to get away from Ohio and I sure did (thinking it would be forever).

I've been about about everywhere in the continental U.S. and I love to travel, to be on the road. For me though, I eventually found there really is no place like home. Small town, we all help each other out when needed. I'm close to many major cities, within driving distance.

Works for me. And it's great seeing where everyone is from. 

33 minutes ago, Rabid Anteater said:

Malaga in Spain, now in Köln in Germany

How is it in Cologne these days haven’t been there for a long time.

Any particular reasons you chose moving to Germany?

Just now, Blaisy-Bas said:

How is it in Cologne these days haven’t been there for a long time.

Any particular reasons you chose moving to Germany?

I liked Germany, my family immigrated many generations back, but I got the privilege of living there for about 4 years while in the Army. 

1 hour ago, Spinesplitter said:

There was a time I could not wait to get away from Ohio and I sure did (thinking it would be forever).

I've been about about everywhere in the continental U.S. and I love to travel, to be on the road. For me though, I eventually found there really is no place like home. Small town, we all help each other out when needed. I'm close to many major cities, within driving distance.

Works for me. And it's great seeing where everyone is from. 

There's something to be said for how relatively "safe" most of Ohio is.  The worst we have to deal with is cold and snow.  And if you hunt, that's what you look forward to the most.

10 minutes ago, Bropollocreed79 said:

There's something to be said for how relatively "safe" most of Ohio is.  The worst we have to deal with is cold and snow.  And if you hunt, that's what you look forward to the most.

I grew up in southern Cali. The only place my car got broken into and my stereo stolen was in Dayton.? 

3 minutes ago, Alkavian said:

I grew up in southern Cali. The only place my car got broken into and my stereo stolen was in Dayton.? 

To be fair, Dayton is the asshole of Ohio 

2 hours ago, JF13 said:

I'm in Cudahy,Wisconsin,down by the lakefront.

I'm just up the road from you in West Bend Wisconsin

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bropollocreed79 said:

To be fair, Dayton is the asshole of Ohio 

Indeed. Cali has more than one to be honest.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bropollocreed79 said:

Parts of downtown Cincy are pretty rough.  Had some hairy moments down there. I stayed in The Commons in.... Springdale I think it was?   Right up the road from tried county mall.  Reading road was near there as well.  

4 hours ago, Alkavian said:

I liked Germany, my family immigrated many generations back, but I got the privilege of living there for about 4 years while in the Army. 

Very cool, cologne is definitely a nice place to be. 

42 minutes ago, Blaisy-Bas said:

Very cool, cologne is definitely a nice place to be. 

I like Cologne. The cathedral was amazing.

I lived in Bad Kreuznach and Wackernheim. Near Mainz and Weisbaden.

• Like 1