TomDice

Where is everybody from...

The (mostly) barren wasteland known formally as Iowa.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TheHansonGoons said:

Originally from Dayton, OH. Lived in Pittsburgh, PA for 9 years now.

I used to run up to Dayton for shows when I was training at HWA in Cincinnati. 

5 hours ago, TheHansonGoons said:

Originally from Dayton, OH. Lived in Pittsburgh, PA for 9 years now.

2 hours ago, Maddogg_8121 said:

Thats the area in OH that I was from. Use to go to the Dayton Affair every weekend for RHPS and to Columbus for Punk shows at the Distillery. Was actually from St.Paris which is between Urbana and Piqua. Nothing but corn out there lmao

I'm from Northern Illinois but I'm living in the southern part now.

32 minutes ago, LuckyDrunkTed said:

The after-hours bar that I'm not telling you about...

C'mon don't be like that :lol:

4 hours ago, Maddogg_8121 said:

1 hour ago, ThePunkPirate said:

Thats the area in OH that I was from. Use to go to the Dayton Affair every weekend for RHPS and to Columbus for Punk shows at the Distillery. Was actually from St.Paris which is between Urbana and Piqua. Nothing but corn out there lmao

That's awesome guys. Definitely remember The Distillery.  For Columbus club's, Bernie's was my favorite. I also like Ravari Room.

In Dayton, I used to be human resources of a venue called Dayton Dirt Collective. That was back in '08,'09. I remember a bunch of venues: Elbo's, Blind Bob's, The foundry, Church of Rock and Roll just to name a few. I was friends with people in lots of different bands. Namely punk,ska,grind, post punk, etc. 

Down in Cincinnati there was Sudsy Maine's, Top Cat's, Board's, and awesome one that was set up like a pirate bar (I think the Cove but I can't remember)

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, TheHansonGoons said:

That's awesome guys. Definitely remember The Distillery.  For Columbus club's, Bernie's was my favorite. I also like Ravari Room.

In Dayton, I used to be human resources of a venue called Dayton Dirt Collective. That was back in '08,'09. I remember a bunch of venues: Elbo's, Blind Bob's, The foundry, Church of Rock and Roll just to name a few. I was friends with people in lots of different bands. Namely punk,ska,grind, post punk, etc. 

Down in Cincinnati there was Sudsy Maine's, Top Cat's, Board's, and awesome one that was set up like a pirate bar (I think the Cove but I can't remember)

I remember ALOT of those places and that was like 12-14 years ago lol. I still remember those low hanging AC pipes that youd bounce off of and the stage being only an inch high. I wonder if the Bernie's Bum is still around....Still remember going out to the reservoir after a show with the crew and rolling bottles down the damn. Ah the good ol days.  

Tavistock, Devon, in England.

Basically, if you look at a map of the UK, I'm down in the south-west 'foot'.

Sweet Home Alabama, and most likely always will.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TheHansonGoons said:

Sudsy Malones, the place with the laundry mat in the back? I saw some great metal shows there!

Crazy, I live right in between Dayton & Cincy, plus I went to College in Pittsbugh in the early 2000's. 

3 hours ago, ThePunkPirate said:

I remember ALOT of those places and that was like 12-14 years ago lol. I still remember those low hanging AC pipes that youd bounce off of and the stage being only an inch high. I wonder if the Bernie's Bum is still around....Still remember going out to the reservoir after a show with the crew and rolling bottles down the damn. Ah the good ol days.  

Hahaha loved those pipes and being pushed on that stage. I watched Stza from Leftover Crack throw a water bottle at me, he missed then hit some tiny chick with a two foot Mohawk. She almost beat his bitch ass, Classic. I was there for both nights of the Queers recording the album Weekend at Bernies. One of my old bands played there a couple times. 

My favorite Dayton show was getting kicked out of a Michael Graves show at Elbo's.

You aren't wrong about the years there. I was going to shows in Dayton/Cincy from about '96-'09 when I moved to Pittsburgh.  

@Spinesplitter hell yes! Sudsy's with the dive bar, laundromat, two arcade machines and seeing bands like The Murder Junkies. I always knew I was in for a good time i was going to a show at Sudsy's. 

Vine street was awesome back then. Haven't been in years but I heard the revitalized it with a bunch of indie restaurants. That's awesome that you came out here for college. Did you enjoy Pittsburgh?

Hey @Erik13E, what part of Zombie Capital?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, TheHansonGoons said:

Hahaha loved those pipes and being pushed on that stage. I watched Stza from Leftover Crack throw a water bottle at me, he missed then hit some tiny chick with a two foot Mohawk. She almost beat his bitch ass, Classic. I was there for both nights of the Queers recording the album Weekend at Bernies. One of my old bands played there a couple times. 

My favorite Dayton show was getting kicked out of a Michael Graves show at Elbo's.

You aren't wrong about the years there. I was going to shows in Dayton/Cincy from about '96-'09 when I moved to Pittsburgh.  

@Spinesplitter hell yes! Sudsy's with the dive bar, laundromat, two arcade machines and seeing bands like The Murder Junkies. I always knew I was in for a good time i was going to a show at Sudsy's. 

Vine street was awesome back then. Haven't been in years but I heard the revitalized it with a bunch of indie restaurants. That's awesome that you came out here for college. Did you enjoy Pittsburgh?

Hey @Erik13E, what part of Zombie Capital?

@HANSON, I live north of the city, Near Freeport Pa.