As title says, the game need things of this beta, not the everyone played before the games was launched (that was almost the same the only things it changed was the map and some animations) I am talking about this beta: 

That's right guys, this was a playable beta and damn it was cool. The game was dark as hell so the flashlight was very useful, animations were smooth, even the map looked better! Oh and let's not forget Jason was actually scary and feel powerful. Jesus, what happened to this game?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

WOW, and with the bat you could fail at saving someone from Jason, the game was INCREDIBLE that way, what the hell changed? i would spend again those 40 dollars for THAT game.... i'm dying of envy.

2 hours ago, Shaild said:

WOW, and with the bat you could fail at saving someone from Jason, the game was INCREDIBLE that way, what the hell changed? i would spend again those 40 dollars for THAT game.... i'm dying of envy.

I know right?! Is such a shame what happened to this game.... I hope even with the dumb emotes and halloween costumes the game come back the way it was at this beta. Please @ShiftySamurai @[IllFonic]Courier We need this, we need this version, the franchise deserve this.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, PlayerAgainstTheMachine said:

I know right?! Is such a shame what happened to this game.... I hope even with the dumb emotes and halloween costumes the game come back the way it was at this beta. Please @ShiftySamurai @[IllFonic]Courier We need this, we need this version, the franchise deserve this.

Imo, the inclusion of the emotes and the halloween costumes was a bad thing even if the intent was good, if you see the beta video you can see the tension, what kind of vibe it wanted to give you and including the emotes and the costumes takes away everything.

Always found the flares back then hilarious..."Just gonna fire this flare in the air and let others know our position....Oh shit Jason's here...he knows our position!" 

I think the logic of that game mechanic came to fruition after a heavy, heavy night on the crack pipe. 😂 😂 

I like what they ended up doing with it, but it's funny to look back. :)

Aw almost forgot how awesome the beta looked. It's disappointing when you compare this to the dumbed-down build we have now. They should add another game mode with darkness similar to the beta but as for the more detailed environments I don't think we'll be getting that. I like how the flare guns actually lit up the whole area red, that would be a good decoy to attract Jason. Now flare guns are equivalent to shotguns which makes no sense.

39 minutes ago, Shaild said:

Imo, the inclusion of the emotes and the halloween costumes was a bad thing even if the intent was good, if you see the beta video you can see the tension, what kind of vibe it wanted to give you and including the emotes and the costumes takes away everything.

Yeah, it's sad.

30 minutes ago, AldermachXI said:

Crazy how much smoother the beta ran...So many things about this seem better.

Yeah, it's crazy how a beta can be so much better than the actual game.....

Now i'm curious, why did they took away the awesome mini animations,like turn around or the way they ran with weapons and things like that, it was bc it would cost them more money for the final product?

• Like 1

Remember; consoles run a 30 fps and that is a noticeable difference in smoothness compared to the 60+ fps of a PC. 

The beta was probably running on a very powerful PC setup, with the game at its highest settings.

On PC (with a higher end 1080p GPU) when the frame rate is stable at 60 fps or above, it's just as smooth now as it is in the beta video.  Everything else looks the same to me, with the exception of that lurching thing Kenny does when he runs, or any other animation that's no longer in the game. 

So, why did they make the game so bright now? The lighting in the beta is what I always imagine it should look like. It's perfect. Did too many people complain? Did too many streamers and Youtubers complain?

Also, is there footage of Jason gameplay from the beta?? And not that test footage one where he's J3 around the Higgins house. 

I don't like anything else different from the beta, just the lighting.....but that would be a major game changer. 

One more thing, unless you have a power graphics card, all that stuff like fog and foliage are going to have to take a hit, especially on consoles. Otherwise the game would look like a stuttering mess. 

I remember watching this back when it came out. I played the Beta and it was pretty damn exciting back then. God...

its like remembering an ex gf. “She was so hot, she’d do so many nasty and sexy things with me, damn I miss her!”

Yeah that’s this game for me.

• Haha 2

47 minutes ago, Shaild said:

Now i'm curious, why did they took away the awesome mini animations,like turn around or the way they ran with weapons and things like that, it was bc it would cost them more money for the final product?

Mostly for memory/performance reasons if I had to guess

6 minutes ago, AldermachXI said:

I think it is the same with how when Jason morphed he came in and out with a puff of smoke. I would have loved for that to be in the game now.

• Like 1

Just now, Official_Adam_W said:

I think it is the same with how when Jason morphed he came in and out with a puff of smoke. I would have loved for that to be in the game now.

I'm actually glad that's gone. Jason isn't a magician.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, AldermachXI said:

I'm actually glad that's gone. Jason isn't a magician.

True but visually it was kind of cool. I do understand why it was taken out though.

They need to darken every map so that it’s darker for everyone. I shouldn’t have to darken my game to get a scarier experience when everyone else is running around and it looks like a full moon outside. Like someone said, make the flashlight matter more AND an item you have to find (or use a perk to start with)

9 minutes ago, AldermachXI said:

With the current state of the game (the smoother for me ever, seeing that i can play all high with graphics on ultra and my pc is not even that good) i think it could be added and it wouldn't make a big impact (maybe yes, but i don't think some minor animations will make the game laggy).

1 hour ago, doitagain said:

Aw almost forgot how awesome the beta looked. It's disappointing when you compare this to the dumbed-down build we have now. They should add another game mode with darkness similar to the beta but as for the more detailed environments I don't think we'll be getting that. I like how the flare guns actually lit up the whole area red, that would be a good decoy to attract Jason. Now flare guns are equivalent to shotguns which makes no sense.

I agree, i really liked how the flare guns lit everything up red. Couple that with the darkness it really adds to the atmosphere and all around looks better.

• Like 1

I also noticed in one of the beta video's that Laphin did that when Jason threw a counselor out of the first floor bedroom in higgins haven and the body hit another counselor right outside that window it injured the other counselor. This is not only realistic but should be in the game now.

This is nothing new really, look at No mans sky, Dark Souls 2 ect. It happens alot, early footage doesnt always represent the final product which I do hate but this is a lil different since this is Beta vs. Final

A really easy fix however for this is too lower your gamma down to 1.5. It will give the game a creepier feel.

What I did on my TV since I am a console player sadly is that I set my contrast up to give a bit more color.

When I did this, it seemed like a whole new game with new maps, I was anxious to even start carrying items to objectives because of how dark it was and if Jason would pop up anywhere 

7 minutes ago, Gummybish said:

A really easy fix however for this is too lower your gamma down to 1.5. It will give the game a creepier feel.

What I did on my TV since I am a console player sadly is that I set my contrast up to give a bit more color.

When I did this, it seemed like a whole new game with new maps, I was anxious to even start carrying items to objectives because of how dark it was and if Jason would pop up anywhere 

The only issue here is your giving yourself a disadvantage only you have but i've done this before too

1 minute ago, DeadlyD said:

The only issue here is your giving yourself a disadvantage only you have but i've done this before too

Counselors should low-key be at a disadvantage if ya think about it haha