Jump to content
PlayerAgainstTheMachine

The game need things of this beta.

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, Gummybish said:

Counselors should low-key be at a disadvantage if ya think about it haha 

True lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Gummybish said:

Counselors should low-key be at a disadvantage if ya think about it haha 

I think counselors should straight up be at a disadvantage. I miss the beta. If I escaped back then, I felt like I had actually done something. Hell, even into June-maybe early July, surviving as Deb was a real accomplishment! Now, I can fix the car in between one-on-one bouts with Jason. Fucking ridiculous! I wanna be scared of Jason again!

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I do like the darkness of the maps and the intro was cool, would be nice if we had a bit of variety even if it was just slightly different angles. Let's be honest though, jason was still getting twatted left and right by councilors with bat's and other weapons.. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You can turn ur Gamma down to make a Jason round look like the beta, at least. I had my Gamma set to 2.49 and it was pretty bright. I backed it down to 2 and it looked awesome but would get way too dark during a lot of environmental kills, especially if the power's cut. I put it up to 2.3 and it's better but still a little too dark for some things.

They need to do more spot lighting while keeping the peripheral and distant lighting low. 

They've already mentioned that they intend to make all the maps darker. Hopefully it will be along these lines.

Also, they'll have to do it in a way that turning your personal gamma up won't give you an advantage over people with darker settings.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Since August 2017 the game performance is horrible and now Jason has become a joke. I done with this game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, WashingtonJones said:

You can turn ur Gamma down to make a Jason round look like the beta, at least. I had my Gamma set to 2.49 and it was pretty bright. I backed it down to 2 and it looked awesome but would get way too dark during a lot of environmental kills, especially if the power's cut. I put it up to 2.3 and it's better but still a little too dark for some things.

They need to do more spot lighting while keeping the peripheral and distant lighting low. 

They've already mentioned that they intend to make all the maps darker. Hopefully it will be along these lines.

Also, they'll have to do it in a way that turning your personal gamma up won't give you an advantage over people with darker settings.

Lol I set my gamma to 1.3 today and honestly, it was like I was playing a whole new game. I was actually nervous running around.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gummybish said:

Lol I set my gamma to 1.3 today and honestly, it was like I was playing a whole new game. I was actually nervous running around.

It's not just about gamma, the beta haved fog and lighting was made to be dark, not like now.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, PlayerAgainstTheMachine said:

It's not just about gamma, the beta haved fog and lighting was made to be dark, not like now.

I think you'd be surprised on how much a difference it made, the moon stood out more in the sky and let out a ghostly type of shine/light. 

I also turned up my contrast and color a bit as well as sharpness on my TV and I must say, the game became very eerie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, PlayerAgainstTheMachine said:

It's not just about gamma, the beta haved fog and lighting was made to be dark, not like now.

You won't be able to get that amount of fog in the game without a big performance hit. You won't see it on consoles for sure. Maybe when they migrate over to the newer version of Unreal they'll have better ways to add it without messing up the frame rate. Otherwise, all I can think they can really do right now is adjust the lighting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Gummybish said:

I think you'd be surprised on how much a difference it made, the moon stood out more in the sky and let out a ghostly type of shine/light. 

I also turned up my contrast and color a bit as well as sharpness on my TV and I must say, the game became very eerie

It would be interesting if you could post a pic, I hope someday devs see how creepy the game was back then and make changes.

 

2 minutes ago, WashingtonJones said:

You won't be able to get that amount of fog in the game without a big performance hit. You won't see it on consoles for sure. Maybe when they migrate over to the newer version of Unreal they'll have better ways to add it without messing up the frame rate. Otherwise, all I can think they can really do right now is adjust the lighting.

I don't know why you talk so much about perfomance, PS4 can run photorealistic games and im sure Xbox One can do it too, it's all about optimization. The game runned like horse crap because devs don't know how to optimize a game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, PlayerAgainstTheMachine said:

It would be interesting if you could post a pic, I hope someday devs see how creepy the game was back then and make changes.

I'll take a picture as soon as I get back on later on

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I loved the way the blood would just splatter if you hit a counselor. Also, I hope that the Devs will add back those "sassy" animations to make the game feel like it's full of life, not just a counselor randomly turning around with the click of a button (???). The lighting was awesome and I adored the animations. Made being a counselor feel scary, not just running through the woods like if it was daytime. Sigh. What happened?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

47 minutes ago, PlayerAgainstTheMachine said:

It would be interesting if you could post a pic, I hope someday devs see how creepy the game was back then and make changes.

 

 

This isn't the best example but this is in 1.25 and already it looks a lot better. It definitely looks a lot creepier

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Gummybish said:

 

This isn't the best example but this is in 1.25 and already it looks a lot better. It definitely looks a lot creepier

The game looks awesome! It's kinda sad we have to edit the contrast of our tv to make the game look creepier, that's devs job.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Gummybish said:

 

This isn't the best example but this is in 1.25 and already it looks a lot better. It definitely looks a lot creepier

Sorry for double posting, how do you edited the contrast and color? I love how your game looks right now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, PlayerAgainstTheMachine said:

Sorry for double posting, how do you edited the contrast and color? I love how your game looks right now.

I went to settings first on Xbox 1 and clicked on Display, and then Video Output and changed the graphics to PC setting which brightened up the colors. And then I clicked on menu on my TV and turned up the contrast and color, I have a sharp TV.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Gummybish said:

I went to settings first on Xbox 1 and clicked on Display, and then Video Output and changed the graphics to PC setting which brightened up the colors. And then I clicked on menu on my TV and turned up the contrast and color, I have a sharp TV.

How many you turn in up the contrast? In my TV I can edit from 0 to 100 and the default is 50.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Gummybish said:

I turned mine up all the way

 

This one looked amazing to me.

The fog looks great in the background I'm just in love.

And how you did it with the color and the brightness, I have a PS4 and I can't edit it like you did.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, PlayerAgainstTheMachine said:

And how you did it with the color and the brightness, I have a PS4 and I can't edit it like you did.

It's mostly a trial and error. You'll the perfect combo if you keep on just messing with the brightness, contrast, colors. 

Another thing I did was that I increased the sharpness in the TV all the way and it made the details stand out more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×