Is it just me or has anyone else noticed that repairers are not doing their job when it comes to fixing the phone or the cars.

As a Tiffany main my job is to bring parts to the repairers without running the risk of attracting Jason due to her not giving off noise pings. However, in many circumstances I noticed that whenever I bring the parts, AJs, Deborahs, or Erics ignore the parts and just grab a bat or a shotgun, even when there are no traps. This in turn forces me to repair the objectives even though I am the LAST counselor that should even try to attempt it.

Is anyone else noticing this or am I just tripping?

9 minutes ago, Gummybish said:

Is it just me or has anyone else noticed that repairers are not doing their job when it comes to fixing the phone or the cars.

As a Tiffany main my job is to bring parts to the repairers without running the risk of attracting Jason due to her not giving off noise pings. However, in many circumstances I noticed that whenever I bring the parts, AJs, Deborahs, or Erics ignore the parts and just grab a bat or a shotgun, even when there are no traps. This in turn forces me to repair the objectives even though I am the LAST counselor that should even try to attempt it.

I'm noticing it also but assuming it's because the surge of new players not knowing what do.

• Like 1

Oh man, that's been an issue since day one.  I'll be Vanessa, sprinting around grabbing batteries, gas cans, and fuses and dropping the right off in front of LaChappa.  He just gives me a blank stare and runs off.

It's like Double U, Tee, Eff!!!

At the same time you have Vanessas and Chad's fucking up repeatedly putting in items while I stand next to them.

• Like 8

Just now, TheHansonGoons said:

At the same time you have Vanessas and Chad's fucking up repeatedly putting in items while I stand next to them.

Oh ya, both sides can be at fault.

• Like 1

They don't do shit unless you grab their hand and take them to it.

If I'm Vanessa and I see a battery and an AJ, I get on the mic and say, "Hey you. Grab that battery and follow me. I'll protect you." It works and I usually end up driving 3 of them knuckleheads out. It's cool if they're new, but a lot of seasoned people are pulling some shit too.

Most people abuse the map. They're afraid to repair but also afraid to bring things to an objective. They pick the part up and put it right down, regardless of how close or far it is to an objective. They're too scared to put that weapon down. Is that was meta play does? It takes ur balls away? 

Just more people that don’t know how to play the game or play it for the wrong purpose. In my opinion, the point is to escape; not survive for 20 minutes trolling Jason. The 20 minute is a time limit on a match not truly a survival. They should have you lose xp if you play the full 20 minutes because let’s be honest, if you’re running around for 20 minutes you’re either hiding or a super troll dancing with 3 pocket knives by an exit knowing you can’t die. The excess pocket knives and shotguns have made matters worse but the main goal should ALWAYS be escaping. That’s the point of the game. There have been at least 25 rounds that I’ve played and been the only one completeing any objectives at all. It’s a gameplay issue and unfortunately some people enjoy playing in that style and they ruin it for the rest of us. 

40 minutes ago, Gummybish said:

I find it frustrating that tommy doesn’t help he is the best at everything and ends up being useless half the time.  

Its one of two things.  One being they are new players and don't know whats going on.

Two.. they maybe players like me who because of the Jason nerfs and counselor buffs..  tend to not want to repair things or  call the cops too earlier in the match.   I just ignore the objectives and would rather go play hide and seek with Jason.      Even if i have keys or the fuse.  Il just keep it on me for the rest of the match.  My real objective is to be chased and hopefully killed by jason.

But if the Jason is a good player and its all randoms newbs who are getting killed quickly by Jason.  This is when i will actually play the objectives.  And its more intense to play the objectives after a few counselors have been killed off. 

I sort of play by my own rules.. Meaning, Jason needs get some kills before i help anyone..or do any actual objectives. 

33 minutes ago, TheHansonGoons said:

Oh yeah that's all the time for me and I play as A.J

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gummybish said:

I’ve had the opposite problem, where the faster characters are speed looting the cabins. They pick up the item then drop it where they found it, expecting someone else to go and get it, take it to the car and fix it.   

Why they would do their job if Jason is nerfed as hell? They just don't need escape if they can bully or kills Jason

I repair every chance I get. But one problem that tends to happen quite a bit is that when people drop the parts nobody will bothers to pop the traps. So if I'm hoofing over to repair and don't have a knife or someone to tank or knife the trap, not much I can do except look at it unless I have a knife, which as a repairer I honestly need more than the triathlon runners. I'll use it if I have it mind you, but this is one biggy for me as someone that plays deb quite often. Folks should pop the traps if they can.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

Its one of two things.  One being they are new players and don't know whats going on.

Two.. they maybe players like me who because of the Jason nerfs and counselor buffs..  tend to not want to repair things or  call the cops too earlier in the match.   I just ignore the objectives and would rather go play hide and seek with Jason.      Even if i have keys or the fuse.  Il just keep it on me for the rest of the match.  My real objective is to be chased and hopefully killed by jason.

But if the Jason is a good player and its all randoms newbs who are getting killed quickly by Jason.  This is when i will actually play the objectives.  And its more intense to play the objectives after a few counselors have been killed off. 

I sort of play by my own rules.. Meaning, Jason needs get some kills before i help anyone..or do any actual objectives. 

I hate when people play that way then the rest of us end up running around like idiots going through houses that have already been gone through to find the parts that are being hoarded. It's pointless to loiter around just fix the damn phone and escape. If you escape 3 times in 15 minutes you get way more xp points than you do for lolly gagging around for a whole 20 minutes in 1 match. It drives me crazy to see everybody but one or two people escaped or killed and the last couple stand at the exit dancing for 10 minutes  thinking they're getting all these points for extra time without enough common sense to realize they'd get twice as  many if they'd go ahead and escape start a new match and escape again. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

Yea that shit aint cool. 

As Jason, I would be pissed to know someone helped me get kills or made it easy for me. 

Yeah, it happens a lot. When joining a random lobby you have no idea what to expect from other players so I naturally gravitate toward self reliance. I will absolutely play a team role if the option is there. But more often than not, it's lone wolf it or die.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Maxwell66 said:

Why they would do their job if Jason is nerfed as hell? They just don't need escape if they can bully or kills Jason

Because nobody wants to just sit there and watch a troll do that lol

1 hour ago, shodan said:

They pick up the item then drop it where they found it, expecting someone else to go and get it, take it to the car and fix it.

When they first added items showing on the map I thought it was brilliant. I really didn't think it would become a reason for so many players to blow off doing anything.

If they could program it where it only showed up if a counselor was killed carrying the item it might deter people from doing that, but, if that were the restriction then you would be back to having people drop items in the woods. 

If I fix a car with parts I have to go collect because no one takes them to the car, I'm leaving alone.

• Like 1

On 1/12/2018 at 9:41 PM, Duckodb said:

I hate when people play that way then the rest of us end up running around like idiots going through houses that have already been gone through to find the parts that are being hoarded. It's pointless to loiter around just fix the damn phone and escape. If you escape 3 times in 15 minutes you get way more xp points

Don't care about XP points.. This isn't an RPG.  

Most important thing to me in this game is Jason slaughtering counselors.   And being entertained while being chased or killed by Jason..  And seeing people escape too soon with Jason having no kills means im not enjoying myself.. And neither is Jason.

Jason rules...  

Besides, your job as a counselor is to run around like an idiot.  Just sayin'

On 1/12/2018 at 9:46 PM, WashingtonJones said:

Yea that shit aint cool. 

As Jason, I would be pissed to know someone helped me get kills or made it easy for me. 

Well.. to be honest i don't help Jason..   I just don't help with Objectives until later on in the match Or depending how many people are still alive.

I still help other counselors if Jason goes after them or grabs them..  

But if i have the keys or the fuse..  Im not going to allow the game to end or counselors to Escape until Jason gets a few kills.  

By default.  Game is 20 mins long anyways.   So surviving the 20 mins is always an option,   

If I play a runner I get pissed I'm dropping parts at objectives but no one is installing them. If I play a repair character I'm pissed I see parts all over the map but have to go get them myself.  

This is how Jason mains are born. 

16 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

Well.. to be honest i don't help Jason..   I just don't help with Objectives until later on in the match Or depending how many people are still alive.

I still help other counselors if Jason goes after them or grabs them..  

But if i have the keys or the fuse..  Im not going to allow the game to end or counselors to Escape until Jason gets a few kills.  

By default.  Game is 20 mins long anyways.   So surviving the 20 mins is always an option,   

Well that's a quick way to piss off almost the entire community.

You may think you aren't teaming with Jason but essentially you are. 

This is why people team kill to begin with, as soon as someone finds out you are holding both the fuse and the keys and there is another car, they can easily just run you over lol.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Lady_goldfish said:

If I play a runner I get pissed I'm dropping parts at objectives but no one is installing them. 

If you have the Tinker perk, add it to ur runner. It makes repairing as Vanessa, for me, much easier.

24 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

The pathway to hell is paved with good intentions. You might not be trying to help Jason, but those are the results. That's how I would take it as Jason, and if I knew it was happening as a counselor, I would leave the match.

I see new Jasons getting most of their kills from having a car started that they morph to. So you don't know what you're missing. 

If you wanna do something like that, help stop Jason from getting killed when they try. Maybe go grab the sweater and waste it early.

1 hour ago, HuDawg said:

Don't care about XP points.. This isn't an RPG.  

Most important thing to me in this game is Jason slaughtering counselors.   And being entertained while being chased or killed by Jason..  And seeing people escape too soon with Jason having no kills means im not enjoying myself.. And neither is Jason.

Jason rules...   

Besides, your job as a counselor is to run around like an idiot.  Just sayin'

I don't care about xp anymore either I'm level 150 and getting xp the quickest way possible is how I got there fast. It means I can say I don't get as pissed when I don't get to finish half the matches I start because an asshole host quits when they die. It's not entertaining when somebody keeps parts away from everybody else who's trying to do what they're supposed to do and complete objectives and escape because you get a boner over watching them die. It's also not entertaining sitting there for 10 minutes doing nothing watching a dillhole dance in front of the police because they get 20 extra points for time and if Jason will come pick them up they get 10 for using a knife.

• Like 1

You may think you aren't teaming with Jason but essentially you are. 

This is why people team kill to begin with, as soon as someone finds out you are holding both the fuse and the keys and there is another car, they can easily just run you over lol.

But, Im not teaming with Jason...   Theres no rule that says i gotta do anything but survive.  Does`t say HELP others escape.

Besides, if somethings in my inventory i get to choose when its used.  Don`t like.. start running`.  :D

And i`ve never been run overm ever.. Let alone by someone looking for keys.  Not thats it matters..  At that point if you can run people over, you don`t need the keys..lol