1 minute ago, Gummybish said:

Ohhh,  my bad,  sorry if I came off a bit bitchy. 

Personally I have been watching this whole thing go on for like this whole week at first I can understand the frustration  but now it's like, yeah we get it he doesn't drop the phone fuse or keys,  ok let's move on. 

It becomes redundant over time.  It's essentially just beating a dead horse. 

No argument here, he's trolling, and there's a 99.9% consensus on that. 

I don't mind investing two minutes to put a pin in his extensive "but it's not trolling, because no one KNOWS; I'm the AJ Styles of F13, and you're all marks!" reasoning, though.

3 minutes ago, Gummybish said:

Ohhh,  my bad,  sorry if I came off a bit bitchy. 

Personally I have been watching this whole thing go on for like this whole week at first I can understand the frustration  but now it's like, yeah we get it he doesn't drop the phone fuse or keys,  ok let's move on. 

It becomes redundant over time.  It's essentially just beating a dead horse. 

He (HuDawg) is only looking for attention anyways. Just stop replying to him and he'll disappear.

Yeah it was amusing at the beginning of the week  

6 minutes ago, Gummybish said:

It's more pronounced in games now where the current meta is a lobby full of Chads/Vanessas, and you see maybe one AJ.

I main Lachappa, so I usually work the outside of a map and escape by myself unless the runners actually do their job and carry the items to the objective.  About half of them seem content to simply mark the location of the Gas/Battery/Fuse  on the map and move on, leaving it for the repair characters to lug around the map.

I'm happy to do that, but don't expect me to wait in the car/boat for you once I get it started.  If I'm hauling Gas all the way across the Packanack map to the boat, you'd better believe I"m going to gtfo without waiting for another counselor.  Soloed the boat repair and gas last night with Lachappa while everyone else milled around the four seater behind the main cabin with Jason chasing them down.

So, to recap, if anything, the prevalence of Randos to play non-repair characters plays more of a role in "repair" characters not completing objectives.  About half the time, I'm the only "repair" character in a QP match (you may see an AJ or Deborah occasionally).  Most of the time these "repairers" are being left to rot or to move the items in addition to fixing the objective.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bropollocreed79 said:

It's more pronounced in games now where the current meta is a lobby full of Chads/Vanessas, and you see maybe one AJ.

I main Lachappa, so I usually work the outside of a map and escape by myself unless the runners actually do their job and carry the items to the objective.  About half of them seem content to simply mark the location of the Gas/Battery/Fuse  on the map and move on, leaving it for the repair characters to lug around the map.

I'm happy to do that, but don't expect me to wait in the car/boat for you once I get it started.  If I'm hauling Gas all the way across the Packanack map to the boat, you'd better believe I"m going to gtfo without waiting for another counselor.  Soloed the boat repair and gas last night with Lachappa while everyone else milled around the four seater behind the main cabin with Jason chasing them down.

So, to recap, if anything, the prevalence of Randos to play non-repair characters plays more of a role in "repair" characters not completing objectives.  About half the time, I'm the only "repair" character in a QP match (you may see an AJ or Deborah occasionally).  Most of the time these "repairers" are being left to rot or to move the items in addition to fixing the objective.

This is why my main priority as a Tiffany main is to drop whatever weapon I have and take parts to the objectives lol.  

I hate seeing repairers being left in the dust. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bropollocreed79 said:

As someone who plays random counselor, this is pretty how it goes.

I always drop off items when I'm the fast counselors. That's basically all they're good for, objectively. I'll repair even with Vanessa if Jason hasn't trapped the objective yet.

But it's really annoying when you're a repair counselor, and you have to haul the part, tank a trap and fix the objective yourself.

That's when I escape in the 4-seater solo and run over all the "runner" counselors on my way out.

• Like 2

Just now, AldermachXI said:

As someone who plays random counselor, this is pretty how it goes.

I always drop off items when I'm the fast counselors. That's basically all they're good for, objectively. I'll repair even with Vanessa if Jason hasn't trapped the objective yet.

But it's really annoying when you're a repair counselor, and you have to haul the part, tank a trap and fix the objective yourself.

That's when I escape in the 4-seater solo and run over all the "runner" counselors on my way out.

I've gotten a reasonable amount of "Vanessa brings a battery for me to install... then takes my weapon and runs away as Jason shows up" scenarios, too. 

22 minutes ago, AldermachXI said:

He (HuDawg) is only looking for attention anyways. Just stop replying to him and he'll disappear.

Im not looking for anything actually, let alone attention.  

This topic asked about why people don't repair and basically don't do objectives.  So i was just giving an honest reply.  Its not that deep.

Basically. im on topic and you're not.  

Besides.. You made a comment in this topic about where i live.. (Off topic and a personal insult)  

And then BababyouJababa who for some reason doesn't understand what 'trolling' means.

1 minute ago, SDA said:

I've gotten a reasonable amount of "Vanessa brings a battery for me to install... then takes my weapon and runs away as Jason shows up" scenarios, too. 

Back when TKing was still in the game, I showed up at the car as Deb with a shotgun and keys. Buggzy dropped the gas for me to put in..I do. He grabs the shotgun, shoots me as I'm done repairing, takes the keys and starts the car. Jason immediately showed up, stops the car and proceeds to kill him.

Moral of the story is: a lot of people playing this are dicks.

Then you get the odd person where you'll be like "Hey, can I get my shotgun back?" and they go "oh, of course" *drops shotgun*

2 minutes ago, AldermachXI said:

Then you get the odd person where you'll be like "Hey, can I get my shotgun back?" and they go "oh, of course" *drops shotgun*

High key me,  I always give back whatever weapon the repairer had before they had to drop it for the battery or gas lol. 

4 minutes ago, Bropollocreed79 said:

Yeah my main is A.J

I do the same if you help me we'll escape if i have to lone wolf it I'll leave everyone to die

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Gummybish said:

High key me,  I always give back whatever weapon the repairer had before they had to drop it for the battery or gas lol. 

Yeah. I'm a team player, first and foremost. I'll even drop pocket knives and med sprays if it'll help others out.

But as a team player, I can easily identify other team players. And if you're not one, don't expect a seat.

Had a game last night where I put the gas and battery in the 2-seater as Vanessa before Jason even got to it. A minute later I found the keys. I was gonna escape alone, but right as I started the car Jason Morphed and suddenly *BOOM* Tiffany shoots him with a shotgun as he's right in front of me.

I let her get in, juke Jason down the road, and escape. Then I hear a girl say "thanks for the ride" over her mic. I love random teamwork.

@pApA^LeGBa - Ignore him.

• Like 1

Just now, AldermachXI said:

Yeah. I'm a team player, first and foremost. I'll even drop pocket knives and med sprays if it'll help others out.

But as a team player, I can easily identify other team players. And if you're not one, don't expect a seat.

Had a game last night where I put the gas and battery in the 2-seater as Vanessa before Jason even got to it. A minute later I found the keys. I was gonna escape alone, but right as I started the car Jason Morphed and suddenly *BOOM* Tiffany shoots him with a shotgun as he's right in front of me.

I let her get in, juke Jason down the road, and escape. Then I hear a girl say "thanks for the ride" over her mic. I love random teamwork.

Sometimes random outburts of teamwork is the best kind of teamwork.  

Like say you're repairing a car and you mess up so Jason comes,  but as soon as he shows up,  someone else that happened to be near the objective stuns him. 

I never really bother with repairing the 2 seater, because I play with someone else. I always try and go for the Fuse and 4 seater repair to help out the others but it does get annoying doing it all yourself.
However I never find myself willfully Team killing folk, even the useless hangers on however it does get mighty annoying when people steal your weapon, the vehicle or horde pocketknives yet don't use any to take out traps.

It almost feels special when you get some random people that help with parts,repairs or dealing with Jason to buy some time. 

3 minutes ago, AldermachXI said:

I love random teamwork.

this is how it should work. should acutally be meta. but sadly isn´t.  actually you have to be scared to go near a driving car right now....

19 minutes ago, AldermachXI said:

Back when TKing was still in the game, I showed up at the car as Deb with a shotgun and keys. Buggzy dropped the gas for me to put in..I do. He grabs the shotgun, shoots me as I'm done repairing, takes the keys and starts the car. Jason immediately showed up, stops the car and proceeds to kill him.

Moral of the story is: a lot of people playing this are dicks.

I assume by TKing, you mean Team Killing? I've always been of the opinion that those who try to Team Kill get the effects of the effort themselves.

You shoot someone with a shotgun (and Jason's nowhere around)? You catch the blast and fall over dead (with "Betrayal" penalty)

You hit someone with a melee weapon? It affects you, not them. 

You run over someone in the car? Instantly, you change places with them, and it's YOUR body flying through the air, and your intended "victim" is behind the wheel. (and you get the "Betrayal" penalty)

I will also say that, as Shelly, I try to act as a repairer. And it's more often than not that someone will come along and steal my bat while I'm fixing the car. 

Me: "Hey! Can I have my bat back please??"

Them: "DAAAAA-HAHAHAHAHAHAA!" (runs away)

1 minute ago, Gummybish said:

Sometimes random outburts of teamwork is the best kind of teamwork.  

Like say you're repairing a car and you mess up so Jason comes,  but as soon as he shows up,  someone else that happened to be near the objective stuns him. 

For sure.

That's actually the reason I still play the game. I think that's what makes this game - Figuring out how to get out of trouble together. The proximity voice/walkie-talkie aspect...

The game really shines when you see people figuring it all out...Like the early gameplay videos.

Sea of Thieves gave me a similar vibe with their early gameplay videos...Watching people figure it out together makes it look so fun.

Selfishness really ruins this game. A lobby full of team players chatting and working together make it addictive.

2 minutes ago, AldermachXI said:

For sure.

That's actually the reason I still play the game. I think that's what makes this game - Figuring out how to get out of trouble together. The proximity voice/walkie-talkie aspect...

The game really shines when you see people figuring it all out...Like the early gameplay videos.

Sea of Thieves gave me a similar vibe with their early gameplay videos...Watching people figure it out together makes it look so fun.

Selfishness really ruins this game. A lobby full of team players chatting and working together make it addictive.

I feel like teamwork will be pushed more if this upcoming update focuses on rebalancing,  simply cutting down the number of pocket knives,  shotguns,  and health sprays can make such an impact. 

Make the bubble dissapear from windows and just little tweaks like that can bring the game back to how fun it really was. 

6 minutes ago, Gummybish said:

I feel like teamwork will be pushed more if this upcoming update focuses on rebalancing,  simply cutting down the number of pocket knives,  shotguns,  and health sprays can make such an impact. 

Make the bubble dissapear from windows and just little tweaks like that can bring the game back to how fun it really was. 

I hope the upcoming patch is something special. I just hope the new patch doesn't break more than it fixes.

7 minutes ago, IronKnight55 said:

I hope the upcoming patch is something special. I just hope the new patch doesn't break more than it fixes.

Only time will tell sadly. 

I was in a match earlier as Eric, there was another one there, plus a Deb, 2 Adams, 2 Vaessas, 1 Chad. 

Fixed the 4 seater, gassed the 2 seater, repaired the fuse box. Everyone was just picking up and dropping parts.

Keys were never revealed until their holders were killed. I escaped by way of the police. Alone. 

Has anyone developed a list of priorities at this point in time? A list of priorities that shifts as it's set up against varying sets of circumstances. 

1. Call the cops, get out. 

2. Encounter gas before fuse, check map, go for boat over 4 seater.

3. No boat, check closest vehicle. 

4. Gas in 2 seater, X cabins searched, no battery yet, fuse on map, abandon vehicle repair and go for cops.

And so on

1 hour ago, DasMurich said:

I was in a match earlier as Eric, there was another one there, plus a Deb, 2 Adams, 2 Vaessas, 1 Chad. 

Fixed the 4 seater, gassed the 2 seater, repaired the fuse box. Everyone was just picking up and dropping parts.

Keys were never revealed until their holders were killed. I escaped by way of the police. Alone. 

Has anyone developed a list of priorities at this point in time? A list of priorities that shifts as it's set up against varying sets of circumstances. 

1. Call the cops, get out. 

2. Encounter gas before fuse, check map, go for boat over 4 seater.

3. No boat, check closest vehicle. 

4. Gas in 2 seater, X cabins searched, no battery yet, fuse on map, abandon vehicle repair and go for cops.

And so on

I always try to make the phone the top priority, since it helps the most people escape. But I've had rounds where I wait around the fuse box for help that never comes, or I drop the fuse and it just stays there, marked on the map, because no one wants to disarm/tank a trap.

I usually end up waiting until I have a pretty good idea Jason is busy (been playing long enough that I just sort of know or sometimes you get lucky and see him on the map) and I'll just tank and fix it myself.

There's really no intended teamwork in QP most of the time. It's usually just incidental when there is...

I'm usually a "Plan B" style player, which means I do the objective that the other people aren't, as backup in case that fails.  Usually this means the phone (since so many people automatically just do the cars).  Just today, I repaired the phone while the 4 seater was trying to make an escape.

When I play as a fixer , someone tries to repair with their poor 2 point of repair ability. I say them to "Let me repair , pick up my shotgun and get away." they don't listen , fails , Jason comes and I leave them to die. Where's your headphones? Where's the teamwork? WHERE IS YOUR FUCKING BRAIN AND EARS?

• Like 1

I hate that "drop handheld item" doesn't work on my controller.  I can drop anything except for what I'm holding.  Imagine my back-and-forth with someone telling them to drop their weapon so I can exchange the part and give them cover while they fix the part with their better fixer skillset.