MASKOAA

Would you play a mode where counselors are first person camera?

Imagine getting chased and you cannot see Jason just hear him getting closer...if you turn to look behind you the game increases stumble chance by alot. I think it would be fun it would also make it so you cannot hide around corners and watch everything happening you would really be startled when Jason shows up.

Yea first person is more intense.

Definitely nice to have the option it doesn’t have to be mandatory like in Star Wars Battlefront or GTA V.

I've been lobbying for this a long time.  It's the opposite perspective of Dead By Daylight but that's a good thing.    Combat will be improved with no combat stance / lock on. Imagine Jason punching your face up close and personal and your head comes off!

5 hours ago, Jay Shen said:

I've been lobbying for this a long time.  It's the opposite perspective of Dead By Daylight but that's a good thing.    Combat will be improved with no combat stance / lock on. Imagine Jason punching your face up close and personal and your head comes off!

I don’t own DBD but isn’t first person for the killer only?

13 minutes ago, Blaisy-Bas said:

I don’t own DBD but isn’t first person for the killer only?

I know that's why I said opposite.  I'd be more interested to get DBD if the Killers view was 3rd person and survivors we're 1st person. It's more immersive that way...don't like the idea of being Michael Myers and mostly see his damn hands and weapon.

I feel as though only counselor should be first person, until Jason uses a kill animation. It would be scarier for the counselor but Jason being able to see everything around him is easier for him to track the counselors. It could also be a choice?

Gun did say Jason would be first person view in the single player challenges. This was when it was a Kickstarter stretch goal, I imagine things have changed since then...but I'd love to have the option to toggle the view as Jason. 

I like the game the way it is, personally. Still, a lot of people seem to like the idea and I think an option for this in settings might be nice, but those people will have a disadvantage oved those who still prefer third person. I dont think the player base is large enough to offer ‘first person only’ servers. 

Nope. I detest first person games. So much, in fact, I won't play non-third person games. But that's just me.

10 hours ago, Jay Shen said:

Play the Virtual Cabin and walk off the path outside. You can experience all the Jason kills in first person. 

4 hours ago, Jay Shen said:

I know that's why I said opposite.  I'd be more interested to get DBD if the Killers view was 3rd person and survivors we're 1st person. It's more immersive that way...don't like the idea of being Michael Myers and mostly see his damn hands and weapon.

They do that to handicap the killer. It would be WAY unbalanced if the killer was third person and could see all angles of where the survivors run and hide. 

I believe killer should be 3rd an counselor 1st but it will never happen, especially now with dlc clothes. Unfortunately I dont have a good pc for gaming but heres hopin Last Year gets the "horror" element right. If its good an well recieved i'd gladly help a funding to bring it to console lol, it's the reason I found F13 game. Evolve had it backwards, DBD has the perspective wrong, an F13 is halfway there.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, DeadlyD said:

I believe killer should be 3rd an counselor 1st but it will never happen, especially now with dlc clothes. Unfortunately I dont have a good pc for gaming but heres hopin Last Year gets the "horror" element right. If its good an well recieved i'd gladly help a funding to bring it to console lol, it's the reason I found F13 game. Evolve had it backwards, DBD has the perspective wrong, an F13 is halfway there.

I'd love this as a counselor. It'd make each Jason encounter that more intense (which is why I was so disappointed with the increase in knives, sprays, guns). It used to be an achievement to escape, a feeling of accomplishment with the odds stacked against you. Now, escaping is almost a guarantee

21 hours ago, MASKOAA said:

Imagine getting chased and you cannot see Jason just hear him getting closer...if you turn to look behind you the game increases stumble chance by alot. I think it would be fun it would also make it so you cannot hide around corners and watch everything happening you would really be startled when Jason shows up.

I mean, it could be in another gamemode but in the original mode nope.