I wholeheartedly recommend everyone to take a hiatus from online sessions of F13.

With the game / online playerbase in its current state, it does a lot of good for the health.

(Of course, private matches with people you know can still be enjoyed)

The good 

I love the game. I often fail miserably at it, but it's so much fun, and my fails are often hilarious. I love the audio, I love the Jason-models. VC 2.0 is just fantastic. I love the badges and tapes and the rare occasion on which I find one. 

The Bad

The player base from time to time. I'm mostly playing QuickPlay, often on my own. A lot of you know what can happen...

Also, the wonky hit detection, grab width and item increase are bad to me, but I'm holding out hope it is not only noticed, but also that there will be change.

The ugly 

CONNECTIVITY. The only thing that makes me furiously frustrated with the game. Searching for a lobby, host quitting, connection time after waiting three minutes for the game to start. The only thing I find really annoying.

Good to see you back! 

Its weird seeing a good chunk of vets in one place commenting on stuff lol

Anyways, for me this game is most enjoyable with a small group, not a full one. I like that little bit of randomness, not knowing how someone plays and so on. The sound design is great, only wish that on console EVERYONE could hear items drop like the host can but thats nitpicking I guess.

To me, like many others have stated, the main problem right now is Gun/Illfonic not knowing how to deal with asymmetrical multiplayer. Ive stated this several times before, but to be honest there isnt exactly a stellar template for this type of game. Out of the main examples I can think of, Evolve and DbD, it seems there is always a similar path that developer take and that is to focus on making the MANY happy over the ONE since a majority of the time, more people are playing as the MANY.

To me in these types of games, if there is no organization or teamwork, the ONE should completely destroy the MANY. However, if people work together, they shouldn't have a problem escaping or whatever the objective is. I mean this same principle applies to other genres like FPS and MMOs. You're going to have an easier time winning if people work together.

Thats just my two cents though. Sad to see this game, one that I thought had the aspect of asymmetrical gameplay nailed, has followed in the footsteps of those previous. As Ive said before though, with all the problems this game has, I still keep coming back to it with my friends because theres SOMETHING here. I want to have faith that eventually everything will get fixed and it will go back to a less casual-friendly type of game, but I dont know if that will happen. The bottom line is that this is a game that is here to make money, whether that be through new sales via discounts or DLC, and so the vocal minority will get heard over the people that have been around for a while. Im just curious as to when in a games life it is that a company stops worrying about trying to bring in new players and decides to keep its veteran fans happy, catering updates and DLC to what they want. When is it that a company eventually decides "Hey, you decided to try this game out and didnt like it? Well there are other things you can play.". I mean that statement could also be directed towards the hardcore as well. Kind of a double-edged way to think I suppose. 

I love this game. I’m mostly content with how it is. I’m torn overall on the increase in pocketknives but it does help with all those traps. I will echo that the OP had a point in having bugs fixed before pushing forward with new content. I died the other night because I couldnt use an open window for some reason. I was getting cheesed as Jason last night because someone was heavily exploiting the fact that the counselor can clip through a door and hit me while I’m attempting to break it down. Stuff like that really does get in the way of enjoyment. Not enough to make me not play anymore, not by a longshot; but still. 

The Good: The design. The sound and level design are so good. It makes the game feel very authentic. I enjoy the game play. It's not perfect, but the flaws don't ruin it for me. The camaraderie when you get a group of counselors that want to work together to accomplish objectives and try to get as many counselors out alive as possible, which usually ends with almost everyone dying. Playing as Jason and facing off with a counselor that can evade you really well, lulling them into a false sense of security and then taking them out. Hell, hanging back in general when there are 3 or less counselors left to give them some space and kind of forget about you, then hit them with Stalk + Morph or Stalk + Shift and watching them sprint away in terror.

The Bad: The host quits the game and everyone wastes their time. The glitch that makes it so Jason can't actually do anything unless a counselor hits him first. When you have just a couple of counselors left and their not generating any noise, it's damn near impossible to find one let alone get hit by one. There's not option but to just quit the game, which also wastes your time.

The Ugly: The discontent among the players. It's never good to see such a large amount of people upset by a product they've spent time and money on. I don't agree with every complaint I read on here, but I feel most of them have merit. Would I like to see more maps and counselors? Absolutely. Would I like to see patches that fix bugs,  glitches  and other issues that taint the game before we get new content? That's a hard yes.

12 hours ago, AldermachXI said:

lol I was hoping people might at least add what they like about the game to the conversation... :P

It is a shame that it seems to have turned into an "us against them" kinda thing. That should never be the case when everyone involved just wants the best for the subject at hand.

That's why I really think it comes down to Gun/Illfonic simply not having the resources to pull this off properly.

I think they're trying their best. But there's only so much they can accomplish in a month's time. Which is why I've always stressed the importance of getting patches/fixes right the first time around. There's very little room for error, as it'll cause obvious setbacks on all future fixes/content. It really doesn't help that they seem to prioritize content patches over bug fixes, either.

Well...I shouldn't say they prioritize them. But they insist on lumping it all into one patch, and that's a mistake, since new content usually means new bugs.

The health of the current content should be priority #1. Only add more when things are currently functional.

I agree with you on your posts @AldermachXI

Here are my two cents on what i think are the good the bad and the ugly.

The sound/music. This was not only an integral part of the films but also has been for the game. The sounds of nature while exploring is one of the big things that help with the immersion and was done really well. I love hearing the water at the docks and the crackling of the fire in the fireplaces or fire pits. It really puts you in those locations especially when going around the Hero cabins from the films. Also having music that is very similar to music from the films is also a big touch and in some cases like the chase music for Part 4 jason which was music right from the film also adds to feeling like you are recreating a chase in the film.

The Iconic Film locations. This was a huge thing for me from when i backed the game all the way till now. When they revealed Higgins haven and Packanack lodge i was really excited about being able to actually visit these locations even more so because the actual physical locations of the houses/lodge no longer exist so it gave me that chance to actually be there. They nailed those locations and that was a big thing for me.

The Jason models. They really did a great job with these and that much like what i said about the sounds/music section really immerses you into being that version of Jason. Each have a signature weapon from their films and really does add that touch of feeling like you are in their respectful films.

The bad. Main issues hear would have to be the bugs/glitches that have a tendency to break the immersion while playing as well as causing frustration. Going through games where performing simple tasks to earn your xp or escaping can be ruined by the frequent amount that they seem to pop up. Also the constant counselor buffs and nerfs/disadvantages given to Jason really turn not only the core gameplay to the side of counselors but has brought a host of issues where now Jason's are getting hunted, chain stunned in groups and being teabagged or danced around. This is a big issue since Jason is supposed to be feared. Leading up to launch and after launch the devs always stated that Jason is supposed to be OP and that the counselor experience was supposed to be a difficult one and if you were lucky enough to survive it was to feel rewarding. That whole idea is gone now due to People exploiting the fact that Jason has been handicapped and want to simply just troll and cause Jason players to either rage quit or even if they stay the whole match to ridicule them in the lobby afterwards. I am really hooping that Gun/Illfonic have truly read and took to heart all the things we have addressed in regards to these things and give us a Balance/bug patch on it's own without any additional content being added to ensure of fixing issues without introducing new ones.

The ugly. For this i will say i think the biggest thing is communication and transparency. Leading all the way through the kickstarter and backer phase to Launch the devs did a great job with communication and transparency, keeping us in the loop as to what the vision was and what we could expect. Now outside of Shifty we don't hear from anyone in regards to the feedback and suggestions that we are offering to help correct issues and we don't hear anything in regards to keeping us up to date on the status of things. Now i am not saying they have to give concrete information but even just a little update post saying "Here is where we are right now and what we are looking at, we are addressing these things and hope to get it to you soon" This would be a great change from the silence we get now. Like i said it doesn't have to be in great detail and they don't have to give dates and what not but to at least keep the community and consumers in the loop would be a great thing. It would also reflect that if we see that they are addressing things that we have mentioned it would show that they are in fact listening and care about us and what we have to say because after all. We just want this to be the best game it can be and they need to understand that we just want to help them make it that much better.

Good posts dudes. I'm out of likes for now. But I'll definitely come back to some of these.

2 minutes ago, AldermachXI said:

Good posts dudes. I'm out of likes for now. But I'll definitely come back to some of these.

My Dudes all i received out of this post as well. B)

11 hours ago, AldermachXI said:

If you're not on "vacation" again...