The game is already well built. But setting aside the suggestions of "Brand new"; start from fresh ideas. Many of the mechanics/graphics are the problems, and can be fixed.

Graphics:

- I noticed watching a original Beta video, the amount of fog throughout the camp was very dense. Could we possibly add more of that while keeping the moonlight making for a great jump scare; Jason standing in the fog.

- The atmosphere. The science...We could use more realistic water features such as condensation on windows and glass panels on doors. Just to real things up a bit.

- The tree growth. We have need more trees! (Not a tree hugger :D) but i do suggest adding more underbrush such as bushes & shrubs. 

- Noises, I as many people feel Jason should always be under the influence of Stalk (Drugs). The amount of russling should be increased along with more fear than there already is. Birds would be nice to...suggesting crows, not seagulls.

- Music, Jason's music should only appear when your being chased or when your fear accedes a certain point or when your limping.

- There are many more, but that's what forum members are for...what are your ideas? 

Mechanics:

- Traps, i feel they should go back to their original state.

- Counselor traps, the amount of times I couldn't place a trap in a doorway is disturbing!

- Door and window mechanisms glitching out. Or not locking til your third try.

- Animations for Jason, waste of time; should be shorter in time or stun.

- I couldn't think of many for mechanics... :( 

But thanks to some people around the forums for suggesting ideas to start a new thread.

• Like 1

I have an idea.

By holding down L2 you can aim any weapons you hold and then press R2 to throw it on Jason. Jason takes damage and getting stunned sometimes.

18 minutes ago, TiffanyCox said:

The game is already well built. But setting aside the suggestions of "Brand new"; start from fresh ideas. Many of the mechanics/graphics are the problems, and can be fixed.

Graphics:

- I noticed watching a original Beta video, the amount of fog throughout the camp was very dense. Could we possibly add more of that while keeping the moonlight making for a great jump scare; Jason standing in the fog.

- The atmosphere. The science...We could use more realistic water features such as condensation on windows and glass panels on doors. Just to real things up a bit.

- The tree growth. We have need more trees! (Not a tree hugger :D) but i do suggest adding more underbrush such as bushes & shrubs. 

- Noises, I as many people feel Jason should always be under the influence of Stalk (Drugs). The amount of russling should be increased along with more fear than there already is. Birds would be nice to...suggesting crows, not seagulls.

- Music, Jason's music should only appear when your being chased or when your fear accedes a certain point or when your limping.

- There are many more, but that's what forum members are for...what are your ideas? 

Mechanics:

- Counselor traps, the amount of times I couldn't place a trap in a doorway is disturbing!

- Door and window mechanisms glitching out. Or not locking til your third try.

- Animations for Jason, waste of time; should be shorter in time or stun.

- I couldn't think of many for mechanics... :( 

But thanks to some people around the forums for suggesting ideas to start a new thread.

If you played/remember the beta, if you made a 180 degree turn, it would make this little animation that I DESIRED. Haha, but also another mechanic could be opening and/or closing doors. In the beta, if you opened a door, you would peek (yes, I had to) into the room before opening it all the way. The closing door animation, well, you would just close it slower. I loved that. You also could either lock or barricade a door, which. was. awesome. Hehe.

• Like 1

I'd like to see the effect of light be more effective. Like inside looking out vs outside looking in. Especially if lights are on or off. I also think it would be cool if there were an adjustment period so if you're in a lit cabin and go outside everything is too dark for a couple seconds while your eyes adjust. 

I was thinking about making my own suggestion thread, but it seems more fitting here since we're talking about tweaks. My changes were mostly about voice communication (i guess a part of mechanics), but there are a couple others that I think would be important too.

Reduce the effective range of in-game voice chat

• Reducing the range/proximity of someones projected voice means that counselors can't holler to one another from 3 cabins apart. Max effective distance for being able to hear someone should be one cabin, and even then, the sound could be muffled or quieter than if they were standing beside you. This allows for the Psychic perk to be more useful - it would raise the projection of one's voice to others without a walkie, and allows a person to start with one as well.

This change, in turn, makes walkie-talkies more valuable

• Reducing the effective range of in-game communications would make walkie-talkies more valuable, as they are a signal boost to communicate with those that are not within your immediate vicinity. I've found that walkies commonly don't provide too much value if you're focused on an objective because those around you in the immediate area would be more valuable than those at a further distance. If we reduce the distance you can hear someone from, it makes walkies more valuable pick-ups as they are necessary to hear people from a range. As stated previously, this change makes Psychic much more valuable of a perk to use. I know some friends that have it so they start the match with a walkie immediately, but I've never seen a reason to really use the perk when it's not as "slot effective" as other perks.

Remove the ability to interact via voice with the enemy

• This, to me, would be more of a quality of life change. I've always thought that the ability to interact via voice communication with the enemy team lead to more negative sentiment towards the game. I've found nothing more obnoxious than joining a game where Jason is a screechy child on mic, or where a counselor does nothing but run at the mouth because he thinks he is tough. Yes, a mic mute is in game, but I think that removal of a voice interaction that allows for unsporting behavior would be much more beneficial to the game's atmosphere. As it is, I already mute my microphone and avoid communication with counselors while playing as Jason. It's much more immersive that way, and as much as I enjoy listening to guys chat about football, or 10 year old kids formulating a plan to kill me, the in-game cross-team voicing feature seems to have less positive interaction, and more negative interaction in my experiences and from watching streamers on Twitch and Mixer. This idea would also reduce the amount of counselors that effectively team up with Jason or bargain with him.

Stalk should be a passive ability that Jason has from the start of a match

• This one is not so much a new mechanic, as it is a transition of an existing mechanic to be more useful. This could easily be tweaked for balance purposes, but I've stood firm in believing that Jason should always have stalk as a passive ability that is always going UNLESS you are in the sights of a counselor. To do this, there would be the possibility that you have to move ability unlocks around slightly, and possibly increase the radius that the static effect appears for counselors so that it is known you're somewhere in the area, if not right next to them. I think that unlocking Sense second is a bit of a crutch for many Jason players, in that it gets spammed really frequently for early kills when Stalk would be a more effective tool for getting early kills by sneaking up on people. This change includes the music as well, since it would only need to pop up when you can see him

The combat system needs a complete overhaul

• I know this falls more into the "brand new" category, and not the "tweak" category, but it's essential if this game wants to last another year. Combat has been clunky since day 1 and I have an abnormal disdain for it. I've been on both sides of this, where a hit should have connected (as Jason and a counselor), and it hasn't because it connects with the wall first, or you swing and somehow the animation just skims the enemy hitbox (when it looked as though it connected - probably a latency issue sometimes). 1v1 combat should always lean in favor of Jason. You should always run the risk of death when attempting to fight Jason in combat.
On 1/11/2018 at 8:00 PM, TiffanyCox said:

• I'm iffy on this. If pocket knives remain the same, I would like to see the traps reverted in terms of stacking. If pocket knives are changed (in frequency), I don't think the change is necessary. The only other revert I would like to see is the window change. There shouldn't be a protective barrier over someone climbing in through a window, but there should also be no reason that Jason hitting you knocks a counselor fully back out of a window when you're already fully inside. Again, a touchy change where I understand both sides.
  • Like 1