1 minute ago, Maddogg_8121 said:

Some others as well have stated that they still have a direct line to the devs but they won't respond anymore.  They were all their play testers from pre release.  They've offered suggestions, help, advice and the devs just stopped responding. 

Yeah, it's easier to have your feelings hurt and act like the fans are dicks than to be accountable for your shitty work. I see it in my industry all the time.

I really hope they've got their heads in the right place and they'll manage to pull a 180 on this thing. This franchise is too good for where this is headed...

But then again, look what Hollywood has done to the franchise...Maybe this is just the mess that comes with it.

Just now, AldermachXI said:

Yeah, it's easier to have your feelings hurt and act like the fans are dicks than to be accountable for your shitty work. I see it in my industry all the time.

I really hope they've got their heads in the right place and they'll manage to pull a 180 on this thing. This franchise is too good for where this is headed...

But then again, look what Hollywood has done to the franchise...Maybe this is just the mess that comes with it.

This is my only hope coming out of this mess of a game:  Hollywood does in fact pay attention to how popular this game is/was and we get a GOOD Jason movie.  No backstory bs.  Just Jason doing what he does best.  Enforcing no trespassing Texas style.  

55 minutes ago, Corkenstein said:

Yeah just read up on it.  Amazing how the same thing is still happening 3 months later.  Such a shame.  Some of the most avid and dedicated fans even felt ignored or not listened to.  Unfortunately the Laphin video was taken down so it would have been awesome to see what he said.  Whatever it was, it didn't sound good or positive.  

Here is one of Laphins videos that make a lot of great points.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Official_Adam_W said:

Once again...Laphin demonstrates that he doesn't understand the scope of the game or what the devs are working with. He's asking for mechanics that can't just be changed or added. They're major mechanics.

The rest is just contradictory...half of what he's suggesting can be achieved by using Stalk correctly.

5 minutes ago, Official_Adam_W said:

Those are some of the best ideas that would really make this game shine.  I would love for some of those ideas to be in there.  It's no wonder they are so upset and done with the game.  Real shame to waste that kind of valuable feedback because of pride.  

I think this game is almost dead, at least online anyway.

A patch will make some difference, but offline play is the way things should advance. Online is lost.

4 minutes ago, AldermachXI said:

Once again...Laphin demonstrates that he doesn't understand the scope of the game or what the devs are working with. He's asking for mechanics that can't just be changed or added. They're major mechanics.

The rest is just contradictory...half of what he's suggesting can be achieved by using Stalk correctly.

Some of the ideas he presented are good in theory but as of what we have seen within the game a little too out of reach. What we need is for them to take the game as it is now and fix all of the bugs and glitches, get dedicated servers on consoles pronto as well as reduce item spawn amounts. Last but not least fix Jasons combat mechanic because they are for the most part a giant mess. Once all of that is done then it is a matter of seeing how the game is and go from there.

I think on paper, the game is pretty damn perfect. The concept works just fine. The problem is simply the execution. If everything worked as it should, bug free, I don't think anyone would be complaining. Some people would want more (some always do), but no one would be complaining, either.

Our biggest problem, if not for the bugs, would basically be the random perk rolling system. Something where you could choose/level up perks is a lot more diserable.

Unfortunately there are so many bugs that people just start to overthink solutions.

The game has a simple formula. All they have to do is execute it. Instead people want to suggest new mechanics when they can't even perfect the ones we already have. That's foolish.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, AldermachXI said:

I think on paper, the game is pretty damn perfect. The concept works just fine. The problem is simply the execution. If everything worked as it should, bug free, I don't think anyone would be complaining. Some people would want more (some always do), but no one would be complaining, either.

Our biggest problem, if not for the bugs, would basically be the random perk rolling system. Something where you could choose/level up perks is a lot more diserable.

Unfortunately there are so many bugs that people just start to overthink solutions.

The game has a simple formula. All they have to do is execute it. Instead people want to suggest new mechanics when they can't even perfect the ones we already have. That's foolish.

You are exactly right Alder. Asking for new mechanics in the game isn't going to fix the existing problems. Those have to be addressed first and foremost to have things run properly. Once all the problems are ironed out then we can look to future implementations.

• Thanks 1

@AldermachXI

By the way, great to see your back!

I do agree, the forums always bring "New Ideas" when what we could focusing on is the mechanics we have at this time and what could be tweaked to revise them. The game is still playable but it could be better...I enjoy it now; but again it the graphics and mechanics could be better than they are :) 

• Thanks 1

You know I'm starting work on a game in March and I'm the only team member that plays this. I've literally directed them to venues like this, for this game Friday the 13th specifically, to talk about what not to do.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dr. Lecter said:

JCFC...20 minutes?! I thought console was supposed to be where all the players are! Steam is only around ~800-1500 active at any given time, and lobbies fill (mostly) up in a few minutes. 

A lot of it's timing.  I usually don't get on until midnight EST (my time zone).  If I get on earlier, say, 2100, I almost always get in within a minute or two.

@GhostWolfViking @AldermachXI @bewareofbears @TheHansonGoons @Alkavian @Brigadius

Here you go. Hope this helps.

Patch Notes:

Counselors:

-Added more pocket knives to every counselors inventory at the start of a match.

-Gave counselors the ability to revive eachother

-Loaded every shotgun with 10 rounds

-Pocketknives are no longer consumed

-Stamina no longer depletes

Jason:

-Replaced Jason's weapon with wiffle ball bat

-Replaced throwing knives with potatoes

-Replaced Jason's traps with turtles

-Gave Jason dancing emotes

-Gave Jason spring break lingerie clothing pack

Map:

-Added a radio to every cabin

-Vehicles no longer need parts

-Added 6 more vehicle exits

-Placed Jason's shack outside the map

Upcoming Content:

Grendel Space Map (Coming Soon)

Uber Jason (Coming Soon)

Bug Fixes (Never)

Stay tuned for more clothing & emote packs coming soon!

• Haha 7

3 minutes ago, Tattooey said:

@GhostWolfViking @AldermachXI @bewareofbears @TheHansonGoons @Alkavian @Brigadius

Patch Notes:

Counselors:

-Added more pocket knives to every counselors inventory at the start of a match.

Jason:

Upcoming Content:

Uber Jason (Coming Soon)

Bug Fixes (Never)

The wiffle bat seems OP. A pool noodle might be more fair.

• Haha 1

Just now, Alkavian said:

The wiffle bat seems OP. A pool noodle might be more fair.

I feel like using potatoes as throwing knives as well seems a little OP. Tiffany would fry the fuck out of them...Chad would be eating french fries off the ground. I could definitely see complaining about it. 

12 minutes ago, Tattooey said:

Placed Jason's shack outside the map

That's too OP. Jason's shack should be right next to the main lodge on every map for the counselor's convenience.

Also, Jason should start without his mask on and all female counselors start the match with the sweater equipped. All male counselors are Tommy by default now as well. Gotta give those counselors a chance, I say!

And every counselor gets 20ft bubble that last 10 seconds with 3 second cooldown allowing jason 3 seconds to get counselor or gets kicked out of said bubble. Vanessa needs this!

2 hours ago, AldermachXI said:

This is exactly my take on it.

They displayed some serious technical inexperience and design naivety, got rightfully slated for it, but rather than learn and change course, got their feelings hurt and decided to double-down instead.

Now they'd rather run the game into the ground than admit they've repeatedly fucked up, because their arrogance and pride won't allow them to take the criticism they deserve like adults.

They refuse to acknowledge the possibility that as professional developers, they might actually know less than us plebs about how to make the game fun. That's simply beyond their comprehension.

They're just victims of their own severe hubris, and at this point I don't care if their game dies as a result of it. This was the hill they chose, after all.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Tommy86 said:

That's too OP. Jason's shack should be right next to the main lodge on every map for the counselor's convenience.

Maybe put a welcome mat out front so Jason can't trap the entrance?

1 hour ago, Tattooey said:

Patch Notes:

Counselors:

Jason:

Map:

-Added a radio to every cabin

-Vehicles no longer need parts

-Added 6 more vehicle exits

-Placed Jason's shack outside the map

Upcoming Content:

Uber Jason (Coming Soon)

Bug Fixes (Never)

Hahahahahahahahahha :lol::lol::lol: Reads like it had been swiped straight off  Wes's desk. :lol:

• Haha 1

@Tattooey

New achievements added to the game. 😄 

LOCK IT WHILE IT'S HOT🔥 - Close and lock @JPops cabin door 1,000 times.

DELETE IT LIKE IT NEVER EXISTED - Use a pocket knife to disarm a trap 1,000 times.

y4mBlybOvFh14gE0ujGVJGfgsvOqrSyJkI-tqEMU

• Haha 2

Next patch Jason is going to be frozen in place so it's easier for the players to kill Jason

• Haha 1