Chad no longer goes "UUUGGGOOOHHHHHHHH!!!!" during the intro to the Jarvis House level. The whole level is ruined.

I love playing this game and I probably won't stop anytime soon but something will have to change or this game will be dead in the distant future.

Even though I really enjoy whacking Jason over the head with a bat many times in a row but I'd rather be scared of him and have a thrilling experience every single round. The bots show us how the game is supposed to be played, hiding from this maniac killer and actually try to survive. All you see right now is people trolling the absolute living shit out of Jason because hes definitely not that scary anymore... 

I'm hoping they balance this out very soon. Give the counselors a chance at surviving but also give Jason a buff (less pocket knives to begin with) so trying to fight him becomes a suicide mission and should only be done in an emergency.

I'd hate to see this game die because it's my favourite game so far but if they keep ruining it with every new patch, this will eventually happen...

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Rexfellis said:

Bro, take it easy on the guy. This is exactly why I made this thread. Let the dude vent in here, regardless of whether or not he made another thread about it.

You should have heard the tone of voice in my head when I was writing it. It wasn't nasty at all. Maybe adding more emojis would help.<_< 

We need more though. That's the best one I can think of for "thinking". We need one with a hand scratching its head and one eyebrow raised. 

The only thing needed to balance this game is to remove the ridiculous amount of pocket knives, first aid sprays, shotguns and flare guns. That’s why no one is afraid of Jason. They’re packing two pocket knives, a shotgun and a first aid spray with medic perk. It’s no wonder Jason gets trolled.

43 minutes ago, mikeyhorror said:

The only thing needed to balance this game is to remove the ridiculous amount of pocket knives, first aid sprays, shotguns and flare guns. That’s why no one is afraid of Jason. They’re packing two pocket knives, a shotgun and a first aid spray with medic perk. It’s no wonder Jason gets trolled.

Wait, maybe we should continue in this direction instead of scaling it back.

Leave the counselors the way they are, with all their extra perks and knives, etc; and just steadily reduce the stun duration for Jason over time. Link it to Rage and once he hits Rage all his stuns will be (arbitrarily speaking) 50% shorter. Or whatever would make enough impact to make it more dangerous to fuck with Jason. 

It would pick up the pace that way.

They also should make it so if you shift grab a counselor that is running/juking and they have a pocket knife; the pocket knife should have a 50% chance of working.

They should also make it so long distance knife-throws deal more damage. The farther from Jason, the more damage it deals. 

These things are the two most difficult (and exciting) moves for Jason to pull off, and when I do pull them off, I wanna feel rewarded and not punished. 

23 minutes ago, WashingtonJones said:

Wait, maybe we should continue in this direction instead of scaling it back.

I'd say no way. Just my opinion.

I had my masked removed and was chain-stunned by a group of six that ran up on me at the 4 seater.

Had one counselor trying to gas it up and another on guard so I went at them. The other 4 came to join the 2 and kicked the shit out of me. Bats, wrenches, 2 shot guns, firecrackers, and multiple med sprays.

Kicked. The living. Shit. Out of me.

One of The guys on his Mic suggests, very casually, "why don't you guys take off and we'll grab the sweater to finish him off" and the 4 seater takes off.

This was at the 4 seater, Crystal Lake small, car was on that road by the white fence and beach, south side. I got fucking wrecked. 

Here's where the disagreement comes in. Game starts, I grab my 2 knives, go to the phone and trap it, bust a door, walk to the next cabin and bust the power, grab another knife, hear the gas spill and morph (lucky guess) to the correct car. The 4 seater. 

There is no time for Jason to gain anything over time. 

4 minutes ago, DasMurich said:

I'd say no way. Just my opinion.

I had my masked removed and was chain-stunned by a group of six that ran up on me at the 4 seater.

Had one counselor trying to gas it up and another on guard so I went at them. The other 4 came to join the 2 and kicked the shit out of me. Bats, wrenches, 2 shot guns, firecrackers, and multiple med sprays.

Kicked. The living. Shit. Out of me.

One of The guys on his Mic suggests, very casually, "why don't you guys take off and we'll grab the sweater to finish him off" and the 4 seater takes off.

This was at the 4 seater, Crystal Lake small, car was on that road by the white fence and beach, south side. I got fucking wrecked. 

Here's where the disagreement comes in. Game starts, I grab my 2 knives, go to the phone and trap it, bust a door, walk to the next cabin and bust the power, grab another knife, hear the gas spill and morph (lucky guess) to the correct car. The 4 seater. 

Odd. I manage just fine under the exact same circumstances. Then again, I just start slashing when counselors decide to get close. I've basically been using J3 exclusively since the patch. Sucks to have to resort to that. But it's the only way to balance the scales.

I do notice a lot of lobbies going for the kill though. I make sure to make quick work of the sweater girl or Tommy a.s.a.p. when either is in play.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, AldermachXI said:

Then again, I just start slashing when counselors decide to get close. I've basically been using J3 exclusively since the patch.

I'm using part 7. I'm guessing since he sucks so bad (sarcasm) that people just go for him. I ended up 4/8 that round and didn't get killed. Point is that, or at least where I disagree, having anything take time for Jason is no help since counselors can have objectives completed and get themselves armed to the gills within 2 minutes. 

1 hour ago, DasMurich said:

Notice I said to "link" it to Rage; meaning that a hit will make each next stun shorter as well as it getting shorter as time goes by, and then tack on pocket knives to it and he could have the shortest stun times very earlier in the round. Counselors will have to make smarter decisions unless they wanna get wiped out much faster. 

Also, chain-stunning and Jason taking damage while stunned shouldn't be happening. Fixing those two things alone would make a big difference in killing Jason.

And it's tough right now, especially as Jason 7 (whom I use a lot) to control things when everyone is swinging at you, but it's not hopeless. It sucks to have to focus on things that don't feel very Jason-like to not have to worry so much, but unfortunately that's the case now.  That's the "meta!" (we need a vomiting emoji)

At this point, with the way multiplayer feels now, it would be more fun to beef up Jason than to weaken counselors. 

1 hour ago, AldermachXI said:

I've basically been using J3 exclusively since the patch. Sucks to have to resort to that. But it's the only way to balance the scales.

That's number 3 on my list of most ruinous aspects of the current state of multiplayer.  

I mean one thing that annoys me is that the game is more funny to fuck around on and break then it is actually scary. That and the perk system, since some perks are way too damn powerful to where the game gets repetitive since everyone seems to run the same few perks and plays the exact same way. And the spawn system.

If anything ironically with how powerful the counsellors are, it might honestly be funnier and more fitting at this point to have Jason be the one who has to hide . Six overpowered people with shotguns , bats, healing sprays and pocket knives all coming after you..... I shudder at the thought. Think of it as 1958 mode,  when Jasons a little kid and a bunch of brats come to Crystal Lake with the intent of beating him up.

32 minutes ago, Good Ol Ginny said:

If anything ironically with how powerful the counsellors are, it might honestly be funnier and more fitting at this point to have Jason be the one who has to hide .

And hide he does. I've played so many matches where Jason just keeps Morphing away to prevent being killed. Once you get his mask off and you're surrounding him with Tommy in the group, it's not uncommon for Jason to be getting out of there real fast.

39 minutes ago, Tommy86 said:

And hide he does. I've played so many matches where Jason just keeps Morphing away to prevent being killed. Once you get his mask off and you're surrounding him with Tommy in the group, it's not uncommon for Jason to be getting out of there real fast.

This is how this makes me feel. Might as well throw in a teabagging reference as well:

We all the know the balance of the game is woefully out of wack. “Jason’s not great right now.” Is the equivalent of saying “Hitler wasn’t the best person...”. I think there is one solution that would be easy to implement and start the process of restoring balance. Triple the amount of damage a counselor takes for climbing through a broken window. I am so tired of chasing people through cabins for literally 10 minutes, and when they finally start limping due to climbing through broken windows, no problem, med spray time. (Since there are now 50 on each map, 100 for those using the medic perk, which is everyone.)

• Like 1

On ‎1‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 11:07 AM, DorianRo said:

If the game has gotten to the point where its better and more fun to be a fucking counselor than JASON, its time to shut the game down.  Jason should be the most enjoyable character to play as without getting assraped by bully human counselors where 1 shot with a baseball bat Knocks him to the ground. :rolleyes:.   I mean what movie does Jason fall to the ground after getting hit with a baseball bat?? Anyone?? Barry Bonds couldn't even knock Jason off his feat with a Louisville Slugger.  Jason has been pussified. 

I pretty much maxed out my unlocks.  Nothing left to do or accomplish other than grab a few more Pamela/Tommy tapes.   Its pretty much a pointless game to play now.  Hasn't been fun in MONTHS and after  every patch they just fuck something up more (Instead of improve upon something)  and make it less enjoyable 

Its a game with a host of bugs and problems and less enjoyment the more you play it and its obvious the developers don't care  of improving it, since they already have your money,

You mean to tell me the fucking BETA version is better than the finished product?  Yep... Time to quit playing it 

I feel your pain. In my opinion, I believe that GUN MEDIA panicked with all the backlash in the beginning months of the game. Everybody was complaining about how op Jason was, and the game lost a majority of its players. So in an attempt to get back the players that quit, they tried making the counselors op, and not only did it not bring back the players, it made playing Jason a joke. I understand why they did what they did, but I think we can all agree that it was a huge mistake. For the life of me, I just cant understand why they have allowed this shit show to continue for this long. This game was intended for people to want to play as Jason, and now I see everybody has there preference set to counselor. If you are playing this game in a lobby of experienced players, it is nearly impossible to kill all counselors. Way too many pocket knives, way too many med sprays, and the grab range is laughable. If you have 3 decent players, you can kill Jason every time. The only way that you cant kill Jason, is if the sweater glitches. In the current state of the game, if you have a ping over 200, just play Vanessa and get a pocket knife and a med spray. You might as well be invisible to Jason, cause he sure as hell isn't killing you anytime soon. So what can be done to fix this mess? Simple, drop the number of pocket knives to 3, drop the number of med sprays to 3, allow the cars to be destroyed if Jason stops the same car twice. and take away the fast forward sound when he is shifting. That would make grab kills scary as hell. As of now you know when there coming, and its not scary. I also think that Jason should start with stalk mode. Stalk mode kills, as of now, are the only kills that actually scare anybody, and you have to wait forever to get the ability. 9 times out of 10 by the time you get stalk mode, your probably chasing a car down and cant even use it. As far as the bugs in the game go, they will never get rid of them. And what the hell happened to Paranoia? You tease us with a trailer and then nothing? Now you tease us with Uber Jason and Grendel. GUN MEDIA I'm sure you have a plan to make this game great again, but I fear you will only have 5 players playing when it happens.

20 hours ago, mikeyhorror said:

Cut each item down to 2-3 each max per match, and things would be better off.

• Like 1

After the October patch, all we really needed balance-wise was: (1) fix hit detection, (2) revert windows to launch, and (3) slightly lengthen and roughly double in width near Jason the grab "cone."

Now, after December...I truly think it's broken beyond saving. The above fixes alone would buff Jason significantly, but nothing will make grabbing a thing again except severely nerfing PKs back to 4+Jarvis. If we're just slashing and repairing, this game is just a shitty version of DbD. Grab kills and jump scares were F13's best part.

But they can't gut the ridiculous number of knives and sprays now, because every new player gained since December has no clue how to play without Crazy Ralph's Doomsday Emporium--they'd rage, then quit.

Way too many fucking kids playing this game now. Their presence alone ruins a lobby. Once you add them talking, their shitty playing, and inability to make decisions, it’s insufferable. I’ve consistently had to just mute 1/4 of the lobby and that’s if anyone is even using mics. 

As well, I’m extremely disappointed to see so many high-level players slashing to completing and see everyone was murdered. Sure, slash Tommy and murder one or two who were trolling, but this utter fear of grabbing because someone might have a pocket knife is getting out of hand. The response to another item increase has decreased the quality of Jasons. 

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, BeautyNumber2 said:

Way too many fucking kids playing this game now. Their presence alone ruins a lobby. Once you add them talking, their shitty playing, and inability to make decisions, it’s insufferable. I’ve consistently had to just mute 1/4 of the lobby and that’s if anyone is even using mics. 

Lol what the fuck did you expect from a game that involves killing other people and surviving. 

There is going to be kids in almost every game. Especially games like these that go mainstream. 

And be honest when you were a kid did you not play video games that had violence and gore? 

I'd rather play with kids that don't know how to play this game that are somewhat respectful than some high leveled players that have egos larger than their IQ because those are the type of players I roll my eyes too.

At the end of the day it's a fucking game, not a lifestyle.

8 minutes ago, Gummybish said:

Lol what the fuck did you expect from a game that involves killing other people and surviving. 

There is going to be kids in almost every game. Especially games like these that go mainstream. 

And be honest when you were a kid did you not play video games that had violence and gore? 

I'd rather play with kids that don't know how to play this game that are somewhat respectful than some high leveled players that have egos larger than their IQ because those are the type of players I roll my eyes too.

But my real name is Jason and my mother really likes her sweaters; therefore, it must be a lifestyle. I was once told in a previous life I drown in a lake. 

4 minutes ago, MyNameisJason said:

But my real name is Jason and my mother really likes her sweaters; therefore, it must be a lifestyle. I was once told in a previous life I drown in a lake. 

I'm weak

The idea of balance is strange to me when it comes to this game. The scale should be tilted entirely in Jason's favor. 

Counselors needed to communicate to survive. The average QP game had maybe one or two people with headsets. Jason kicked ass. Instead of the developers advising the player base to adjust by using a headset, they coddled them by adding item icons on the map.

Bring back the grab. Lower the knives/med sprays. Lose the window annimation. Do that and counselors will start to respect Jason again. This shit isn't hard.

• Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, malloymk said:

Bring back the grab. Lower the knives/med sprays. Lose the window annimation. Do that and counselors will start to respect Jason again. This shit isn't hard.

Which is sad, because these few changes could bring the game back to where it should be.  I didn't play through the glory days of the Jason Force Grab, but even between October (when the physical retail copy came about) and December (the latest patch), the difference in the item spawns is ridiculous.

22 minutes ago, Gummybish said:

I'm weak

Perhaps drink some more milk for that vitamin D. 

Item spawns are nonsense right now but I bet you they’ll be fixed in next patch. 

4 minutes ago, MyNameisJason said:

Perhaps drink some more milk for that vitamin D. 

Item spawns are nonsense right now but I bet you they’ll be fixed in next patch. 

Trust me I get enough vitamin D at home 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Gummybish said:

Oh it’s just a game yet here you are compelled to comment on my post. The game is rated M for mature, therefore there should be no children even playing the game. Yet here thy are of course detracting and spoiling the game as children do. Since you brought it up, when i was a kid, the most violent video game was Pac-man and the NES was brand new so don’t step to me. And nobody asked what kind of players you prefer to play with so just focus on what you’re good at and keep rolling your eyes.