I’m sick of inconsistent bugs in basic attack mechanics. If I have an epic sucker punch with 25% stun increase and I turn and swing at Jason with a wrench that has 80% stun Chance, it should be a 100% knockout on any Jason except Part 9. And absolutely if I have a bat, there’s no question. I should not have to hit Jason 3 times with a bat to stun him as he’s hacking me to death. Because when Jason swings, I swing back. I don’t run. So when all my perks are set to help me attack, WTF. This is basic math. 25% of 80 is 20. 20+80=100% cut and dry. And if I have a baseball bat? Once the bat with an epic sucker punch is not stunning, I know something is up. These hacker Jasons are being given unearned kills because we’re swinging back and nothing is happening. I’ve been dying to low-level hacker Jasons lately because they swing at me and I swing back and there’s no detection.

I also noticed with my epic thick skin that Jason can take me to limp with 2 throwing knives from full health. When did that happen? That’s another conversation.

Anyway, if a Jason player wants to hack, I’m not mad, I’m ready. Let’s go. But when someone gets a cheap kill as I’m swinging and nothing is happening, they didn’t best me, they got lucky. If someone wants to hack, they’re hitting me head on, not as I’m running so hitting Jason 3 times in a row with a wrench or with a bat and he’s not stunned once is complete BS. Nobody is asking for a triple stun, but if he’s not been stunned prior to me hitting him consecutively with a high stun item, that’s an issue. I mathematical should be stunning him, cut and dry. For me, this has officially gotten out of hand after the update. 

• Thanks 1

For fairness sake, my previous post was made prior to reading Ben's post. I know that they care deeply about the project, so do I, but that doesn't change where we're at. I bring up "profits" because from an outsider's perspective the decisions being made defy logic.

My plea is this, for the love of God and all that is holy, stop adding content. Fix all of the bugs, optimize performance in all areas, fix or remove systems that clearly do not add to the overall experience, and balance the game at the highest level of play. Then use intelligent matchmaking to group players according to skill, so they can actually have a consistently enjoyable experience.

Once you are bug free and have a solid foundation, then start adding content that should have been there from the beginning such as host migration for consoles and key remapping for PC. When all that is completed, then selectively create and release new content.

The Road Map has been nothing but trouble in my opinion. We got a bunch of content that ruins the immersion such as Retro Jason, Halloween Costumes and Dancing Emotes. We got the Fast Paced Maps which kicked off the balance issues. Jarvis House, the consensus worst map in the game. Virtual Cabin 2.0 was nice but ruined by spoilers on social media. The Offline Bots added a safe place for people to play as Jason without being trolled, but there were a boat load of bugs introduced as well.

Let's burn the Road Map and put development resources on tasks that will ensure the longevity of the title. The community can survive without Uber Jason, but it won't survive for long if something doesn't change.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, BeautyNumber2 said:

Anyway, if a Jason player wants to hack

The game has been so buggy lately that it's hard to tell the difference between a hack or a glitch.

Also bad pings will cause misses, and worse than that are the fluctuating pings. Those suck cause you never know when they're gonna get shitty. 

I play on PC with dedicated servers and while it's not a perfect situation yet, everything is fairly stable and playable, even with pings bordering on 200ms.

Playing on the Xbox was really unstable for me regardless of how good people's pings were at the start of the round. Hitting Jason had a 50/50 chance of success, where as on PC I'm guaranteed a hit as long as he doesn't do a good dodge or if I don't swing too wildly.

25 minutes ago, BeautyNumber2 said:

I know for a fact that if a 7' psycho who I had personally seen hack somebody to death was anywhere in my vicinity, my first instinct would be to run at him with a wrench! Makes perfect sense.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, WashingtonJones said:

The game has been so buggy lately that it's hard to tell the difference between a hack or a glitch.

True. Had something bizarre happen in QP today. Saw a Jason player insta-killing people with grab. If the grab touched you, you just fell down dead and disappeared...only items (including pocket knives) left behind. No lift animation. The status screen said I was murdered...same for another guy playing Chad I saw killed in spectate. This was on Xbox. I suspect it was some hack, but this is something I've never seen happen on Xbox before.

The Jason player vanished after the match and it didn't list his name as having left. Got a screen capture of it and some clips.

@Alkavian Wow! That is messed up. I'm all for Jason being powerful again, but not like that. If it is a bug or a hack, I hope it is taken care of promptly. Hopefully it was just a one-time glitch. I remember one match where I was driving down the road (not off-roading between trees and cabins), and the car just flipped for no reason. The passenger and I both died. The deaths were listed as suicides. It was pretty weird.

• Thanks 1

lets see, we will start with problems in the game first. Way too many pocket knives and med sprays. Weak counselors stunning Jason over and over again. Window animation on cabins is hot garbage. Jasons grab range is laughable. You can bully Jason at will. Tommy spawning in with a pocket knife is ridiculous. Possible solutions. Reduce the number of pocket knives and med sprays. Only strong counselors should be stunning Jason. You should be able to grab counselors through a window if they are standing by a window. You have to widen the reach grab range a tad, no explanation needed. If you cut the number of pocket knives down, than Tommy can still spawn with a knife. However, if they don't make any changes, than his knife has to go. The only change that was useful over the past couple patches for Jason, was being allowed to trap the driver side door. But then again, there are so many pocket knives that it doesn't even matter. That should have been a game changer, but it wasn't. I also believe that Jason should be able to completely destroy the cars after a few stops. Also a hurt counselor should not be able to stun Jason, at all. How many times have you stuck a Deb in the back with 3 darts, and then she limps to you with a frying pan, and gets a stun on Jason. Laughable. Along with these changes I feel a new map is needed, badly. Grendel shows promise. Cant wait to see how the gameplay is going to be on that map. New ways to escape, new way to kill Jason. Paranoia mode, if it still exists lol. Anyway, these are just my ideas of fixes for the current issues we are dealing with. I'm sure some of you will agree and some of you will disagree, and that's fine. Just thinking out loud. MAKE JASON GREAT AGAIN.

2 hours ago, Rexfellis said:

@Alkavian Wow! That is messed up. I'm all for Jason being powerful again, but not like that. If it is a bug or a hack, I hope it is taken care of promptly. Hopefully it was just a one-time glitch. I remember one match where I was driving down the road (not off-roading between trees and cabins), and the car just flipped for no reason. The passenger and I both died. The deaths were listed as suicides. It was pretty weird.

I had the car flip and die shenanigans happen to me once too. This was strange what I saw today. I did some google searches for anything like it and got nothing. Maybe it was a bug, maybe it wasn't. Made me scratch my head for sure.

I'm sick to death of people taking and holding keys. Can't drop the keys by the car because someone will grab them, hold them hostage like it's a promise of escape, and 9 times out of 10 they end taking them across the fucking map because then they either go off and chase Jason or get chased by him. Really, really tired of. 

I'd like to see objectives become 2 tiered. A pair of keys will not spawn until a car is fixed.

What if all the drawers are open? There's shit like peg boards and the like all over, the keys can hang on something like that, or just spawn on the top of a desk.

Won't that slow counselors down? Fuck no. Cars can get repaired in 2 minutes or less (thank you small maps) when the players know what they're doing, or actually try to complete objectives. 

I'm really tired of it, key hoarding.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, WashingtonJones said:

Also bad pings will cause misses, and worse than that are the fluctuating pings. Those suck cause you never know when they're gonna get shitty. 

I play on PC with dedicated servers and while it's not a perfect situation yet, everything is fairly stable and playable, even with pings bordering on 200ms.

Playing on the Xbox was really unstable for me regardless of how good people's pings were at the start of the round. Hitting Jason had a 50/50 chance of success, where as on PC I'm guaranteed a hit as long as he doesn't do a good dodge or if I don't swing too wildly.

Hack as in hack and slash, not hacking the game. 

4 minutes ago, BeautyNumber2 said:

Hack as in hack and slash, not hacking the game. 

Say slash then. Either way, there's a lot of glitches that look like hacks and hacks that look like hacks.

There are known hacks and unknown hacks. The known-unknown and unknown-known hacks.

I'm done with multiplayer until the next patch....2/3 games Jason is killed. Pathetic really. What used to be "Scream" is now "Scary Movie". 

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, DasMurich said:

I'm sick to death of people taking and holding keys. Can't drop the keys by the car because someone will grab them, hold them hostage like it's a promise of escape, and 9 times out of 10 they end taking them across the fucking map because then they either go off and chase Jason or get chased by him. Really, really tired of. 

I'd like to see objectives become 2 tiered. A pair of keys will not spawn until a car is fixed.

What if all the drawers are open? There's shit like peg boards and the like all over, the keys can hang on something like that, or just spawn on the top of a desk.

Won't that slow counselors down? Fuck no. Cars can get repaired in 2 minutes or less (thank you small maps) when the players know what they're doing, or actually try to complete objectives. 

I'm really tired of it, key hoarding.

I key hoard all the time.   Get over it over....lol

Key hoarding seems cheap, but part of what I love about this game is that you have to rely on teamwork from a bunch of people you can’t even trust. It’s nice to say you’re going to work together, but when Jason enters the mix and you’re able to use someone else as a distraction to get away, you’ll definitely take it, depending on the situation. First and foremost, you have to look out for number one: yourself. Key hoarding is basically a way to ensure escape if others find the gas and battery, because they can’t leave without you. Again, you’re ensuring your survival. 

I haven’t key hoarded often because it simply usually isn’t in my best interest to ditch a med spray or a pocketknife to have two of something I really only need one of...  but I don’t begrudge anyone else for doing it. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, HuDawg said:

I key hoard all the time.   Get over it over....lol

Lmao. Which type, the one who holds the keys because you're fixing the car or because you're gonna be the thieving show-boater that just gets others killed? If it's the former I will give you a pass, if not, I will run you over! Lol

IMO key-hoarding, as a negative, is when it's those folks who just hold them just to have them. They can't drive. They don't have perks for driving. They won't pick anyone up. They don't even seem to plan on taking the car. When "car repaired" pops up on screen, they don't go to the car they go to Jason's shack. It's problematic key hoarding.

We'll call the other form, the positive, key guarding. 

If the game has gotten to the point where its better and more fun to be a fucking counselor than JASON, its time to shut the game down.  Jason should be the most enjoyable character to play as without getting assraped by bully human counselors where 1 shot with a baseball bat Knocks him to the ground. :rolleyes:.   I mean what movie does Jason fall to the ground after getting hit with a baseball bat?? Anyone?? Barry Bonds couldn't even knock Jason off his feat with a Louisville Slugger.  Jason has been pussified. 

I pretty much maxed out my unlocks.  Nothing left to do or accomplish other than grab a few more Pamela/Tommy tapes.   Its pretty much a pointless game to play now.  Hasn't been fun in MONTHS and after  every patch they just fuck something up more (Instead of improve upon something)  and make it less enjoyable 

Its a game with a host of bugs and problems and less enjoyment the more you play it and its obvious the developers don't care  of improving it, since they already have your money,

You mean to tell me the fucking BETA version is better than the finished product?  Yep... Time to quit playing it 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, DasMurich said:

Lmao. Which type, the one who holds the keys because you're fixing the car or because you're gonna be the thieving show-boater that just gets others killed? If it's the former I will give you a pass, if not, I will run you over! Lol

No, i don't get run over.  I've played enough GTA in my life to be able to dodge cars like Neo in the Matrix.   When you mix awareness and solid objects people don't get run over.  They watch the car crash into sold objects instead.

I've had a few people on this forum say they would be 'run me over'.... If i had the keys.  But If you had the keys and was driving the car why would you be looking for people to run over that have the keys?

This has to be one of the most infuriating moments in this game ever.

We were playing against a part IV Jason (the only Jason + savini I haven't killed yet). We were playing against a quite experienced player and someone managed to get his mask off, being out of stamina I decided to just give myself to Jason so I would come back as Tommy which I did! Of course, as soon as Jason saw us he ran away. We eventually caught up to him and I stunned him so that he couldn't run away anymore and the sweater girl activated it as soon as he got out of the stun.

As soon as that happend, the sweater girl said "Jason, Mother Is" and it just stopped and Jason ran away as he wasn't even stunned by it. The sweater girl hit him with a bat afterwards, which he also didn't get stunned by... the Jason player then started trash talking to us, how fun!

The sweater girl was pretty much hugging Jason when she activated the sweater so she was definitely close enough.

A similar thing happend yesterday, a part 7 Jason was stunned by the sweater and I hit him not once, not twice but 5 times with a freaking bat and it had no effect whatsoever he never fell to his knees.

I can definitely live with the small glitches this game has and I still love this game but glitches like this can be so frustrating.

Just blowing off some steam here, hope you don't mind.

• Like 1

The last 5 attempts at killing Jason ended up the same way as you described.

It’s so frustrating that the devs screw up a simple mechanic that is essential to the core gameplay.

In my best AngryJoe impersonation:”YOU’VE FUCKED IT UP!”

Seriously when that happens I quit the game and play something that actually works decently like GTA.

8 hours ago, noahvt said:

Just blowing off some steam here, hope you don't mind.

Yea sorry we do mind. There are plenty of other threads that you could've posted this in that would have been more appropriate than starting your own. You're not mentioning anything new or different to the subject.

EDIT:

Submitted for your perusal: My message was in response to the fact that the post was originally created as its own thread.

51 minutes ago, WashingtonJones said:

Yea sorry we do mind. There are plenty of other threads that you could've posted this in that would have been more appropriate than starting your own. You're not mentioning anything new or different to the subject.

Bro, take it easy on the guy. This is exactly why I made this thread. Let the dude vent in here, regardless of whether or not he made another thread about it.

1 hour ago, Rexfellis said:

Bro, take it easy on the guy. This is exactly why I made this thread. Let the dude vent in here, regardless of whether or not he made another thread about it.

I think it was moved here by a moderator.

Well a lot of people say they aren’t having fun on this game anymore, and I definitely see what they are saying however this isn’t the problem I have. I actually enjoy the game a lot and have fun in the matches. My problem is that I have to wait forever to get into an actual match and then 90% of the time it gets canceled one way or the other. I waste more time on this game TRYING to play it (and spectating) than I actually play.

I think I'm just about done with the game. At least until the balance patch comes out. If they fuck that up, which is likely, I think I'm just walking away. I can have fun, sometimes, playing as a counselor but that's not why I got the game. I got the game to have fun playing as Jason Voorhees and there is just so much stupid in this game right now.

I've seen, multiple times here, people making comments that they just go AFK when they're in a lobby full of trolls. The showboating pricks that just refuse to escape. The stay-behinds. If I'm Jason and I fail to kill you and you escape, congratulations. But if you stay behind because you want to go looping through windows, run circles around a fucking table, go back and forth and back and forth and back and forth with the car? Whatever, I'm going back to my cabin, see ya later.

It's funny, on one hand, because it actually works. It actually makes many if the trolls angry you won't play their game and feed their ego. I actually never would have thought to do this were it not for folks here on the forum. On the other hand, the fact that this is even a thing, I can't stand it anymore. 

This game is not Friday the 13th, it's just a game with Jason in it.

5 hours ago, noahvt said:

This has to be one of the most infuriating moments in this game ever....

Yesterday I had one Jason just fail to drop despite a proper sweater stun followed by several quick bat whacks (yes, I was close enough)...think it was because he was too close to a building corner, and another drop to his knees and then slide -- on his knees the whole time -- halfway across the map away from Tommy. Never seen that one before. 

In terms of venting, this is more about the players than the game, but it never fails to amuse me. This morning, I join a full QP lobby and spawn into Higgins Small. I run up to get the sweater right away, run smack into Jason, and then proceed to beat the shit out of him for a minute or two; three others show up and it turns into a gangbang. Less than five minutes into the match, Jason rage-quits without a single kill. Back in the lobby full of people between level 80 and 150, everyone agrees (1) that guy was a pussy for not staying and fighting, (2) Jason is desperately in need of a huge buff, and (3) there are way too many knives, sprays, and shotguns on the map

Next game, same map, and I'm Part IV. A gang of 5 repair the 4 seater and try the same thing with me right away. After a few teabags and "Eeeeeasy Jason!" taunts, they realize they've bitten off more than they can chew when two die in one swipe and a third dies by knife while trying to limp clear to heal. Two run off, and a new third loops in trying to get the car started hoping I chase the two running off. Jarvis spawns, there's noise about getting my mask off, and finally the bitching about my slashing begins in earnest. Jarvis and two more die in a scrum by the barn, leaving me with a Tiffany and a Vanessa to finish off. Last one dies with only 2:10 left on the clock, and the whining about how I suck for taking soooooo long and only went 8/8 because I slashed them to death reaches a salty crescendo.  

The cognitive dissonance must be intense :JasonPt4:

• Like 1