7 minutes ago, GunMedia_Ben said:

Going on 'incorrect information,' said post made accusations concerning dedicated servers, which we are working on. Other comments were more....inflammatory, accusational on things that have nothing to do with the game, and were generally designed to incite criticism that is baseless due to previous aggravation.

Ok then, since you're here, why has something crucial where a one month timeframe was advanced as expectation become a four+ month project with no current end date? Accurate info, please?

1 minute ago, WashingtonJones said:

You gotta delete that one now.

It won't feel right

I'm apparently not allowed to provide my views or opinions anymore. :wacko: Or ask questions.

2 minutes ago, GunMedia_Ben said:

Going through the admin and moderator logs; I do not much being deleted by any mod or admin on the team other than spam threads (just banned 4 spam accounts and their post spam), as well as deleted harassment comments from user to user. To be frank, the majority of moderation and administration occurs from our fans more than occurs from any member of Gun or IllFonic. This is more by design to allow our fans to feel as though they can participate with fans and know that our team isn't going overboard. No one here really believes in shutting down criticism, keeps us honest. What we do shut down is harassment and trolling, which is an unfortunate thing that occurs on forums. 

However; I don't see many posts being deleted by mods or admins. Logs record every edit, every deletion, every post from every member. We see what every member posts and edits and deletes.   

Maybe someone deleted the logs;)

I've seen quite a few posts vanish and topics locked unnecessarily recently. Seems to be a growing trend and it honestly seems more like its personal for some of the moderation. Like, your dog was insulted and you are on a quest for vengeance. 

Just now, Brigadius said:

Maybe someone deleted the logs;)

I've seen quite a few posts vanish and topics locked unnecessarily recently. Seems to be a growing trend and it honestly seems more like its personal for some of the moderation. Like, your dog was insulted and you are on a quest for vengeance. 

Can you PM me your specific issues? I'll review and see what's up. Not sure about 'locked topics,' but the ones I've reviewed being locked are generally threads that cover content that has already been discussed. We do ask people keep to one thread, rather than make multiple threads on the same subject. 

Just now, bewareofbears said:

I'm apparently not allowed to provide my views or opinions anymore. :wacko: Or ask questions.

What's going on here!!? Why is everybody fighting so much?!

@GunMedia_Ben all we want is a little info here and there?

How bout we start with this....

I love those bots! Are they adapting to how we play?

11 minutes ago, SDA said:

Ok then, since you're here, why has something crucial where a one month timeframe was advanced as expectation become a four+ month project with no current end date? Accurate info, please?

I'm sorry you feel that way, but we had stated it was a hope. That was not a concrete statement, and we won't be offering hopeful timelines in order to avoid confusion like this in the future. However, the reality is that it is far more work and more involvement than anticipated, and we'll have more in that when we can. 

Dedicated servers remain a priority, as they have been since we announced them.

7 minutes ago, WashingtonJones said:

What's going on here!!? Why is everybody fighting so much?!

@GunMedia_Ben all we want is a little info here and there?

How bout we start with this....

I love those bots! Are they adapting to how we play?

Not my area of expertise, but something that IllFonic can discuss. What I do know is that we're working on improvements with the AI system so that we don't get Tommy spamming drawers and so forth, as well as improvements on what each counselor can do when you play. That's all incremental changes, but something we've acknowledged and confirmed will happen in future updates. 

• Thanks 2

I appreciate the reply @GunMedia_Ben...That's probably the first time you've ever replied to me directly.

I have no doubt that the team is hard at work. I've never said they weren't. I mean...they show up to the office every day. I'm sure work is being done. But unfortunately we're just not really seeing the results of that work. Well, not positive results. That's where the issue lies.

I really hope everyone at the office(s) realizes the importance of getting this next patch right (and I've said this before). We can't have patches than fix 1 things but break 4 in the process. People have been complaining since long before October. But those two October patches messed up so many things. Then the Dec. 22 patch did nothing to fix those issues. It just added some content to keep people quiet for a little longer.

It probably doesn't need to be stated. But this next patch is make or break for the game. The whole "Jason is a joke" thing has been compounded since October. That's way too long for things not to turn around in the next patch.

I love the passion and integrity you show with your posts here...But unfortunately that all counts for nothing without results. You said the team takes pride in their work...Show us. Because the efforts put forward so far don't show that. Sorry.

• Thanks 4

1 minute ago, AldermachXI said:

I appreciate the reply @GunMedia_Ben...That's probably the first time you've ever replied to me directly.

I have no doubt that the team is hard at work. I've never said they weren't. I mean...they show up to the office every day. I'm sure work is being done. But unfortunately we're just not really seeing the results of that work. Well, not positive results. That's where the issue lies.

I really hope everyone at the office(s) realizes the importance of getting this next patch right (and I've said this before). We can't have patches than fix 1 things but break 4 in the process. People have been complaining since long before October. But those two October patches messed up so many things. Then the Dec. 22 patch did nothing to fix those issues. It just added some content to keep people quiet for a little longer.

It probably doesn't need to be stated. But this next patch is make or break for the game. The whole "Jason is a joke" thing has been compounded since October. That's way too long for things not to turn around in the next patch.

I love the passion and integrity you show with your posts here...But unfortunately that all counts for nothing without results. You said the team takes pride in their work...Show us. Because the efforts put forward so far don't show that. Sorry.

At the risk of getting your hopes up, because I do not have specific answers on a timeline right now, nor can I elaborate on specifics, I can tell you that the balance changes we've been working on seem to be on a solid path that coincides with concerns that users have made very well known. Playtests have been going well for the changes we've made, and we believe players will be overall happy with what's being done with the game in the future. These things take time, a lot of time, and the holiday break affects that, for sure. Got more info coming. 

I also tend/try not to directly respond to specific users, nor name names as my goal here is to address the community as a whole. None of my posts are intended to specifically address one single user's concern. It might seem that way, and I have definitely seen my share of comments made at my expense, but I'm right there with the rest of the team that I want to make the best game possible. The work is more important to me than my personal involvement, and I try to keep any and all comments as open as possible to be addressed to everyone. Hope that makes sense?

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

13 minutes ago, GunMedia_Ben said:

Not my area of expertise, but something that IllFonic can discuss. What I do know is that we're working on improvements with the AI system so that we don't get Tommy spamming drawers and so forth, as well as improvements on what each counselor can do when you play. That's all incremental changes, but something we've acknowledged and confirmed will happen in future updates. 

Awesome! So far so good. Even with the glitches. Thanks for the reply and I'll hit up @[IllFonic]Courier

8 minutes ago, AldermachXI said:

It just added some content to keep people quiet for a little longer.

I'm so easy.

And as long as we keep the communication at a good flow, I feel people will respect statements like "we can't talk about that now"....or at least enough people will.

19 minutes ago, GunMedia_Ben said:

At the risk of getting your hopes up, because I do not have specific answers on a timeline right now, nor can I elaborate on specifics, I can tell you that the balance changes we've been working on seem to be on a solid path that coincides with concerns that users have made very well known. Playtests have been going well for the changes we've made, and we believe players will be overall happy with what's being done with the game in the future. These things take time, a lot of time, and the holiday break affects that, for sure. Got more info coming. 

I also tend/try not to directly respond to specific users, nor name names as my goal here is to address the community as a whole. None of my posts are intended to specifically address one single user's concern. It might seem that way, and I have definitely seen my share of comments made at my expense, but I'm right there with the rest of the team that I want to make the best game possible. The work is more important to me than my personal involvement, and I try to keep any and all comments as open as possible to be addressed to everyone. Hope that makes sense?

Absolutely. And again, I appreciate the reply.

Everything you stated there sounds great. I especially like that you mentioned the holiday break having an affect - because I think that's what's causing patience to wear thin. A lot of it is bad timing for these bugs to occur. I honestly think things wouldn't be so bad if we had gotten a patch in November. But because we didn't, and then Dec. 22 added all the extra item spawns, the state of Jason just took a nose dive harder than it already had in October (when his grab range was overly reduced).

For someone who plays this game daily, that feels like a REALLY long time to go through the motions and wait for things to be restored (or improved).

I'm hoping the team is really looking for redemption for the last few patches with this next one...for their reputation, and for the players' quality of life and overall enjoyment of the game.

Nobody is rooting for you guys more than we are, despite how it may look. It just really sucks being disappointed in something we all love so much.

1 hour ago, AldermachXI said:

Nobody is rooting for you guys more than we are, despite how it may look. It just really sucks being disappointed in something we all love so much.

@GunMedia_Ben I think Alder's statement here sums it up pretty well.

I know you guys are probably tired of the complaining as much as those complaining are tired of having reasons to complain. Passion for this game puts all of us in this together. It may not seem like it sometimes, but we genuinely do want you to succeed. Even the most vocal critics actually do care what happens to this game or they would have moved on a long time ago. There has developed an unfortunate "animosity" it seems between parts of the community and the Devs. It reminds me of a married couple, unwilling to divorce, but spend all their time communicating ineffectively and irritated with one another.

1 hour ago, GunMedia_Ben said:

I also tend/try not to directly respond to specific users, nor name names as my goal here is to address the community as a whole. None of my posts are intended to specifically address one single user's concern.

Frankly, when you take time to just chat with individuals (like you are doing now), it actually makes you feel much more like a human being behind the monitor and not a talking head representing the face of a company some people are aggitated with at the moment. Not every response you give needs to address a concern. Just being present and approachable, even if it is to b.s. about something, builds rapport. That is why Gertz is/was so well liked. Just remember every interaction doesn't need to be so impersonal (corporate point of view); you make better in-roads by just popping up once in awhile and being Ben.

1 hour ago, GunMedia_Ben said:

The work is more important to me than my personal involvement,

Sure I can understand that mindset, but not all people do. Sometimes a personal touch is warranted and welcomed. A forum visit doesn't mean you have to be Ben the Dev. Just Ben will do unless you've got business to address directly for the community. Just popping in to shoot the breeze and be a normal human being around the community couldn't hurt. Anyways, thanks for the visit and thanks for putting in some time after hours to be available to chat.

11 hours ago, Alkavian said:

We can thank Pappus and others like him for much of this. Preaching exploitation of game mechanics feeds the fire in these individuals. Being a YouTuber reaching a wide audience can be a good or a very bad thing. It is all in the content you advocate. 

Yeah. Screw that guy. And his army of acolytes. 

This is why we can't have nice things.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, GunMedia_Ben said:

This thread represents frustration from a group of users on this forum that have continually made their displeasure known. The thing is, these are issues that cannot be solved quickly.. 

I'm not making this reply to start an argument, I just want to mention a few things here.

Firstly this this thread doesn't just represent frustration from a group of users on the forum, it represents frustration from much of the community as you will read the same things on any of your social platforms. But I'm sure you know that (or I hope you do at least).

Remember that not everyone is inclined to write posts (or keep writing them) about the state of the game, but I assure you that many are just as discontent. I constantly hear it in-game for example, from players I know and players I don't, and it echoes much of what you will read on this forum by those of us who can be bothered to communicate it.

So when you say...

Updates are coming, news is coming and your comments and concerns have rung very loudly, and very clearly.

...I really do hope you are taking into account how important those comments and concerns are and how much of your playerbase share them. I understand certain issues cannot be solved quickly, but communication is needed on those issues for players to expect them to be resolved at all.

This is the first time in ages that you've spoken to us directly on here and overall I'd say you got a positive reaction without even giving anything specific. Imagine if you did, and how much difference that could make. We all appreciate you communicating with us on here, I just personally hope you really act on all the feedback given and don't go the opposite direction like in the past. Don't rely on feedback from 6 months back, listen to what is being said right now because it is a completely different game than what it used to be. 

12 hours ago, Alkavian said:

I don't have a horse in this race. I've got my $40 worth over the last 6+ months. I'd love for this game to expand and thrive or I wouldn't spend so much time trying to help people out in my threads (players or Devs).

And I do hope you keep helping, because I respect the work you do here. The playbook thread has really taken off and the guides in there are all on point, not to mention new info that a few members including yourself have discovered through testing.

I'm trying to put a detailed guide of my own together right now on the topic of combat as Jason, since many players are simply unaware of what to do and I find myself repeating the same advice here over and over. Just have to finish collecting all the footage for it, but I think it will be a good addition. Also something I would hope the devs look at for insight into why Jason is so underpowered.

Sorry for double post mods. Can't edit a post with new quote on mobile, you know the drill.

• Thanks 1

Can you PM me your specific issues? I'll review and see what's up. Not sure about 'locked topics,' but the ones I've reviewed being locked are generally threads that cover content that has already been discussed. We do ask people keep to one thread, rather than make multiple threads on the same subject. 

Just my two cents here.

I understand the need to enforce an organized forum, but it would seem that stating your users are not allowed to create new threads on previously discussed topics is both a paradox and catch 22. Almost all topics have been discussed in the past and our repeated daily, but phrased slightly different than before. I'm not sure it would be possible to discuss something on topic that has not been mentioned in some shape or form in the past.

Furthermore, in the past I've also seen moderators lock threads due to users reviving old discussions or posts. So, how might one continue to discuss a topic without creating a new thread or reviving an old thread? It would seem that the only way to discuss a topic would be in the moment, but once that undefined moment has passed the topic can no longer be discussed. (But yet, some of the same topics continued to be discussed while others cannot.)

I read more than I post nowadays so neither impact me but its just something I've picked up on. 

We can even use this thread raised by @Rexfellis as an example. This is a duplicate discussion that's been raised in the past too. This is possibly part of the confusion/frustration.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, GunMedia_Ben said:

At this point any news of change is good news.   But would it not make more sense to just lay it all out on the table and just say whats actually being changed and fixed.  That way you can actually get feed back before anything worse happens to the game.

It saves alot more time to just tell people what the focus is on in terms of game play changes to Jason and Counselors.   Because their could be some BAD changes being made (like the two previous updates) and by the time you release those changes people might hate those changes even more..  

• Like 1

What is interesting to me, is Ig had so many complaints about about any other game I would simplely STOP playing it, and not buy any DLC.  This game has moments of greatness and can be a ton of fun. It is just marred with so many balance problems that it can go from Fun to depressing so fast.  The concept of this game is just so good, and playing Jason can be sooo much fun.  I'm not saying Jason needs to get 8/8 to be fun, but of course now, there is the stunfest of bats, the unlimited feel of guns/medkits and knives make it frustrating.  I believe counselors should have a real chance of escape, but most people agree the balance is severely out of what.

However I believe the designers want to make the game better and do have plans on this, so I keep playing. Right now I am taking a small break waiting for the next patch, but I will play more soon again.  I am passionate about this game and only want it to get better so I can play it another 300 to 500 hours.

5 minutes ago, carnage4u said:

I believe counselors should have a real chance of escape, but most people agree the balance is severely out of what.

Maybe im wrong but counselors should only have a chance to escape of Jason is busy chasing and killing other players.

On the flip side.. As you already mentioned.  Theres too many pocket knives, med sprays.   And the fact that Jason melee and grabs ranges are soooo small and have a high chance of missing.   Too easy to gang up on Jason.  Its like game was now designed to make Jasons chance of killing players as hard and annoying as possible.

For me when playing as Jason against players.. I just slash them now.    Only time i go for actual kills is if i have time.     Which sucks..    I know the counselors im playing against don`t like it.. And to be honest neither do I.    I want cinematic kills.  But too many pocket knives.  And ONE pocket knife to the neck means all the chasing to get on a counselors ass just to grab them the 1st time is pointless.

But I DON`T HAVE TIME FOR THIS SHIT!..    So, When playing as Jason.  Just slash slash slash slash slash...    :(

@GunMedia_Ben, just wanted to say thank you for providing us with some feedback. As others have already stated it is good to hear from you and have discussion even if you can not disclose a great deal of information. And as Alkavian said it’s nice to have you come in and shoot the shit with us because we get to see you on the forums and interact with you. 

I can probably understand with the multitude of individuals following you any presence results in a barrage of angry players and/or directed questions but I’m sure that would die down some if we received more input from you guys. And what I mean is simply coming in now and again and speaking with us. I know that’s not your job and time is money but now and again couldn’t hurt. 

In either case I’m excited to see any future changes/additions to the game. I’m sure everyone is and has been hard at work. I know I’ve been vocal at times but a lot of the frustration from the forum and abroad is from a love of the franchise even if it’s gets pretty ugly at times. Keep up the work, don’t be afraid to swing by more often, and looking forward to “soon.” (That was a joke btw)

9 hours ago, GunMedia_Ben said:

I think this as good an answer as any, when you can't go into specifics. Very happy to hear it. 

@GunMedia_Ben Now this is what i am talking about. Communication is a great thing and even if there is no "solid" information that can be given, even a minor update and conversation as you have just done is what i and many others are looking for. I have no doubts that you guys are all busting your butts and i know this is a passion project from you guys and as an example of that can be shown in the recreation of the hero cabins from the films. I play this game almost every day even sometimes just for a little but it is the one game i keep coming back to play because of my love for the franchise. We all want this game to thrive and have continued success which is why we are all so passionate about providing feedback and voicing concerns so that any and all issues can be ironed out. I look forward to the next patch, any upcoming info regarding it and hopefully more open conversations from everyone at Gun and Illfonic.

Cheers

@GunMedia_Ben

Thank you, for your transmission. It's great to hear your still working hard to give us a wonderful game! Looking forward to the upcoming months in updates :) 

• Confused 1

Steamspy.com listed Friday the 13th's peak concurrent players for yesterday at 1,583. That requires roughly 197 servers to support a player load of that size. In comparison, Dead by Daylight's peak concurrent players for yesterday was 17,582. Which requires 3,516 servers since it's a five player game.

Let's say 25% of the estimated 466,929 players who own the game on Steam decided to come back and play multiplayer concurrently. That's approximately 116,732 players. It would require 14,591 servers to support that player load. That sounds like a logistical nightmare, as well as a financial one.

If the game sold close to 2 million copies with only 466k on Steam, that would indicate they sold over 1.5 million copies on the consoles. Armed with that information let's use the same example from earlier.

Let's say 25% of the estimated 1.5 million console players decided to come back and play multiplayer concurrently after dedicated servers were implemented. That's approximately 370,000 players. It would require 46,250 servers to support that player load. Those are staggering numbers.

If I were a console player I'd forget about dedicated servers and start begging for host migration.

Running servers is a costly affair. As the number of servers you have to run and maintain goes down, your profits go up. A great strategy to maximize profits would be to create an environment where you get people to purchase your game, but not stay around for the long haul. Perhaps because the game was severly unbalanced, or extremely buggy.

You could then string along the remaining hardcore fanbase, who will undoubtedly purchase all of your DLC, by dangling a road map of new content to give the illusion that the title is still supported and cared about. Meanwhile you ignore all of their calls to correct the existing issues because you have no clue how to address them and probably no longer care.

As Crazy Ralph would say "I'm a messenger of God. You're doomed if you stay here!"

• Thanks 1

@GunMedia_Ben Thank you for your detailed responses in this thread. After last night I was beginning to lose hope as the last thing I heard from you guys was that you didn't think there was an issue with Jason or that balance was in a good place currently. 

So i'm very happy to hear you guys are working on these issues and I have restored hope for the next patch to help get the game back to a more balanced state.

Just please don't nerf Counselors into the ground in order to buff Jason. Unfortunately, it seems like this is what happens when you guys try to balance things. Either you nerf Jason into the ground and buff Counselors or nerf counselors and buff Jason.

The focus should definitely be on balancing both. Jason should definitely be OP and be a threat that Counselors can't just 1v1 anytime they want, but Counselors should have tools to help them be able to 'survive' Jason.

Personally, I think fixing the hit detection and grab box (not talking about going back to stretch armstrong grabs) for Jason alone would do WONDERS for balance and fix a huge amount of the problems.

Regardless, thank you for restoring some hope and taking the time to communicate with the fans. Always appreciate you guys even if I do get frustrated at times.

Happy New Year!

On 1/11/2018 at 4:05 PM, Bropollocreed79 said:

Contrary to the current radio ads concerning drunk driving, buzzed gaming is not drunk gaming.

If I have a few pints to take the edge off, it sharpens my reflexes, as opposed to dulling them.

And if I'm having a few more to keep the good times going, well, I can't be the only one pissing into empties to avoid going afk.

Yeah, strangely I am a better player in this game with a few drinks in me. I think that it is because I get more into it. When I play in the middle of the day I don’t usually care or try that hard, so that lack of enthusiasm more often leads to early deaths than surviving to escape.