3 minutes ago, thatdudescott said:

I love when you get into a lobby and:

1. Are reminded immediately about the ready button. Oh,so I click this and the game can start? Cool,but first let me switch some Jason kills around. I'll click "ready" when I'm actually ready to play.
  2. The people who want the game to start when there are literally 3 people there,and decide to spam the chat with "READY UP,READY UP OMG,READY UP CLICK READY!"

As a rule, I never ready up until the game automatically does it for me, just to piss off those types.

I even tell them I'm not readying up and they can wait.

1 hour ago, WashingtonJones said:

800 subscribers and at best 4000 views on a video is a wide audience?

He's a loser.

800 sharing with more + his guides on forums start to add up over time. It is the word of mouth and popularity of specific vids/articles which, over time, exponentially increase problems. Then don't forget the "monkey see, monkey do" aspect that happens in game. I'm just saying a small problem will compound over time.ūüė¨

Here's some things pissing me off other than pks, sprays, guns, etc.

1) perk rolls.  I spent 200k CP today and yesterday combined and literally got TWO useful epic perks.  2.  Wtf?   

2) the x prompt.  If you get a prompt pop up to use whether it be a kill, grabbing a throwing knife, etc, you SHOULD BE ABLE TO USE THAT PROMPT!  Why is there a damn prompt if Jason is just gonna stand there and do the macarena around it?  Oh...let me slightly reposition and hope this works.  Fuckin dumb.  

3) morph points.  I wanna go on this side of a cabin.  Nope... We'll put you way over here on the opposite side.  

4) more to come.  Gotta give my kid a bath. 

2 hours ago, DasMurich said:

I think the thing I hate the most about this game... It's not the glitches and bugs, it's not the exploits created by the glitches and bugs, it's not players using the exploits, it's the exploiting players saying,

"Easy"

When I hear that snotty, basement dweller tone frame that statement with all of the arrogance these fucktards carve from the safety of their digital anonymity... I don't think there's anything more, in this game, that pisses me off quite like that.

Lol ya those morons say "Easy" while cheating. Try doing shit legit against a good player and see how easy it is. The only thing these under evolved puddles of of spilt daddy fluid is "Hey i suck at the game and i want attention, look at me."

I bet their parents are proud of their puddle of spilt fluid

1 hour ago, TheHansonGoons said:

.... to peg. ūüėĀ

Only 9 more months until Halloween! Get your costumes on!

Alder doesn't moan my name with the right amount of enthusiasm. That's why as Jason he gets the wrench and LaChappa trolling in wrestling gear. ūüėĄ

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, TiffanyCox said:

@Maddogg_8121

Oh i understand you on #3. Camp Crystal Lake, morphing to the car...but having to walk around the fence to get to the car :angry:

Ya that is a major pain in the ass.  The morph point for that specific spot needs to be fixed

Oh the beach morph. I love that one. FFS.

Had the privilege of watching a part 2 Jason pursue the last survivor in a match as they tried to escape in the car. I think Crystal Lake, where there's the covered bridge exit in the northeast corner. Anyway car was almost there and Jason morphed in as what would be an otherwise perfect stop. Except for the fact it put him on the other side of the fucking guardrail which of course touches the short wood rail at the front of the bridge. Dude got robbed, he had it. It was a skillful, well timed, well placed morph. 

"Easy"

1 hour ago, thatdudescott said:

1. Are reminded immediately about the ready button. Oh,so I click this and the game can start? Cool,but first let me switch some Jason kills around. I'll click "ready" when I'm actually ready to play.
  2. The people who want the game to start when there are literally 3 people there,and decide to spam the chat with "READY UP,READY UP OMG,READY UP CLICK READY!"

I was in a lobby with bunch of kids like that. There were four of us in total. They were all bitching I didn’t ready up. I said you really want to do this with only three counselor’s? They said yeah! Okay so I hit start. 

I wasn’t Jason but within first few minutes two were dead. I had fixed a car and called in tommy so a player came back. Jason decided to focus tommy who died so I escaped in car lol. Quick n easy XP

3 hours ago, Alkavian said:

We can thank Pappus and others like him for much of this. Preaching exploitation of game mechanics feeds the fire in these individuals. Being a YouTuber reaching a wide audience can be a good or a very bad thing. It is all in the content you advocate. 

Just going to leave this here -

"I have been telling them since before release that Jason is too weak and that it would take me about 14 days to take him apart that will allow for a gameplay style that would revolve about him being a punching bag and so I did.

While there I was already offering to assist the answer I got then was that I hadn't seen the full game and only a vertical slice.

Months later I speak to Wes again and tell him about the problems of shiftgrabs (only good and anti-fun against noobs and useless against very good players as a tool) and I was told, that they like shiftgrab the way it is, while at the same time also telling me that basically all the Jasons that I play must be bad, because they have this one playtester that is really good and the bullying that I describe was not happening to him.

I could go on about the idiocy of those in charge or how they flat out lie with deadlines and stuff, but what is the point.

My job is to make the game more enjoyable for those that watch my content. Counselors used to need help so I stayed away from Jason guides and developed tech for counselors only. Now it is Jasons turn." -Pappus

Link

I might be the guy's only fan here, but I don't care. He exposed all the problems to the devs, directly informed them about it and was ignored along with other experienced players who knew all along how weak Jason has always been and would eventually become on a widespread basis. Instead the devs went the opposite direction despite everything they were told for months on end, and gave counselors even more advantage.

Only after the overwhelming negativity lately are they finally coming to terms with there being an imbalance. But unless they are listening to the playerbase and particularly the advanced players, they will not be up to date on the gameplay and will not be able to make the right changes going forward.

4 minutes ago, Tommy86 said:

Just going to leave this here -

"I have been telling them since before release that Jason is too weak and that it would take me about 14 days to take him apart that will allow for a gameplay style that would revolve about him being a punching bag and so I did.

While there I was already offering to assist the answer I got then was that I hadn't seen the full game and only a vertical slice.

Months later I speak to Wes again and tell him about the problems of shiftgrabs (only good and anti-fun against noobs and useless against very good players as a tool) and I was told, that they like shiftgrab the way it is, while at the same time also telling me that basically all the Jasons that I play must be bad, because they have this one playtester that is really good and the bullying that I describe was not happening to him.

I could go on about the idiocy of those in charge or how they flat out lie with deadlines and stuff, but what is the point.

My job is to make the game more enjoyable for those that watch my content. Counselors used to need help so I stayed away from Jason guides and developed tech for counselors only. Now it is Jasons turn." -Pappus

Link

I might be the guy's only fan here, but I don't care. He exposed all the problems to the devs, directly informed them about it and was ignored along with other experienced players who knew all along how weak Jason has always been and would eventually become on a widespread basis. Instead the devs went the opposite direction despite everything they were told for months on end, and gave counselors even more advantage.

Like I said, he may have good intentions and genuinely want to help, but showing off exploits to the trolls is not a good way of preventing what you are predicting. It becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy. It is like saying the roof might catch fire while smoking a cigarette and dousing it with gasoline.ūüėú

3 minutes ago, Alkavian said:

Like I said, he may have good intentions and genuinely want to help, but showing off exploits to the trolls is not a good way of preventing what you are predicting. It becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy. It is like saying the roof might catch fire while smoking a cigarette and dousing it with gasoline.ūüėú

I get what you mean, I disapprove of some of his tactics and he has admitted he regrets informing people about certain things. Apparently there was a lot more he didn't ever show because it was so broken.  Not here to white knight or anything, it's more about the fact that he personally informed the devs of all the exploits he found and yet nothing was done about them. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, WashingtonJones said:

Oh I like the idea of a random "bitch" thread. Anything to clean up the clutter is good. 

I also like praising (overall concept of the game, bots, etc) and I also like complaining (no real player report system, Jason should not have to be a fucking Navy Seal in multiplayer to get the job done, etc). 

Aren't all games and communities like this, unless they're heavily policed?

I think people are a little too angry for what is actually going on with the game. I think new people that come here tend to amp their anger up because of how angry it is here.

I'm obsessed with this game, but I also have a lot of other things going on that completely erases it from the forefront of mind from time to time. When I return myself to the game or the forums, I see that there are so many things not to be THAT upset about. 

That's another thing I wanna vent about.

I hate being invited to a lobby-party only for it to be filled with drunks. I hate playing with drunk people. 

I smoke weed, and that helps me from getting too pissed at trolls, but it makes me play like shit as Jason and that is no bueno!

That's why I smoke and play offline, there is nothing like getting baked and slaughtering teens as jason. Childhood dream come true,without having to put on my hockey mask and excerpt myself . Lol

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, MyNameisJason said:

It was certainly frustrating and I probably would have gotten over it end of match if the guy didn’t shit talk me afterward. Went on to say how I’m such trash for slashing and that I should have grabbed him.

I love the players that trash talk when you don't grab them, knowing they have 2 or 3 knives. I had a match with someone who healed 8 times. They were the last one in, and they wanted to play ring around the unbreakable furniture. The joke was on them. I stopped chasing them, and they didn't realize it, and ran right to me. The salt from that player after they died was priceless.

What I've come to realize is, the last thing you need is to be in a good mood before going into multiplayer.

Playing this game, despite its flaws, puts me in a great mood. After countering a troll or two, it always lightens my mood.

Jason should not have to be a fucking Navy Seal in multiplayer to get the job done, etc).

I enjoy playing Navy Seal Jason in response to the angry mobs that come after you these days.

2 hours ago, thatdudescott said:

They might be eager to get in and get killed in the first two minutes?

17 minutes ago, Tommy86 said:

I get what you mean, I disapprove of some of his tactics and he has admitted he regrets informing people about certain things. Apparently there was a lot more he didn't ever show because it was so broken.  Not here to white knight or anything, it's more about the fact that he personally informed the devs of all the exploits he found and yet nothing was done about them. 

Well, none of us can make them listen. They either will come around or those trying to help them will just sit back at wait for life support to fail.

I don't have a horse in this race. I've got my $40 worth over the last 6+ months. I'd love for this game to expand and thrive or I wouldn't spend so much time trying to help people out in my threads (players or Devs). 

I'm certainly not the end all, be all of ideas either. There are a lot of great ideas floating around these forums. I sure wish I had thought of some of them.ūüėÉ

The doom-mongering on social media does get old, but you know what? Sometimes the ominous conclusions will be the logical outcomes unless a course change is enacted.

Let's hope the Devs come to the same realization.

• Like 1

arghh I'm really peeved about Jenny's head not connecting to her neck properly and I'm still pretty pissed about Hosts quitting the lobby

2 hours ago, Maddogg_8121 said:

2) the x prompt.  If you get a prompt pop up to use whether it be a kill, grabbing a throwing knife, etc, you SHOULD BE ABLE TO USE THAT PROMPT!  Why is there a damn prompt if Jason is just gonna stand there and do the macarena around it?  Oh...let me slightly reposition and hope this works.  Fuckin dumb.  

This!

i hate going for the kill i want and having to stand in a particular position to execute it, makes no sense and it's frustrating as hell if you are using a jason with lower grab strength causing the counsellor to escape before doing the kill

Death because you're running from Jason and in to fucking random, invisible collision fields where there is literally no object.

1 minute ago, DasMurich said:

Death because you're running from Jason and in to fucking random, invisible collision fields where there is literally no object.

Oh I hate that when I am offroading, which I do often. Car has to be started over again :angry:

A post was hidden/removed due to recurring accusations from a user that continues to parrot incorrect information. We're totally not going to censor users for voicing displeasure with the game, but to continue to spread rumor and false information due to aggravation helps no one. 

This thread represents frustration from a group of users on this forum that have continually made their displeasure known. The thing is, these are issues that cannot be solved quickly. Our team cannot offer more than we already have at this time; I promise you there are reasons for this beyond more than what we've said, but our team has always held that transparency is key. 

Everyone at Gun and IllFonic works their butts off to bring about a game to fans while balancing the needs of a lot of folks here. There are core fans, there are social fans, there are people who have been life-long fans of F13, while others are just now discovering the brand for the first time. The decisiveness from our core community here towards other communities is something we recognize daily. Reading threads from players who have an assumption this is a 'cash grab,' or that we 'took money' or somehow believe that our team doesn't care about a game that has from the very onset been a passion project is something that we face every single day. It's something that's pretty well known in the industry overall...but that still doesn't stop our team, those people creating something that matters to them not as product, but as a show of who we are, from coming in and working on the game. 

That means more content. That means more accessibility, that means a lot of things from gameplay to backend support that gamers never really ever pay attention too. 

Updates are coming, news is coming and your comments and concerns have rung very loudly, and very clearly. We recognize comments from fans. We recognize concerns from passionate people who love to log on and play this game every day. Even with the accusations, with the heartache and the vitriol that occurs from users here, we know it comes from a place of commitment to a game and franchise they've known. 

We will have more for you soon, I promise. Dan is focusing on it, Wes is focusing on it, Ronnie, Randy, myself. Everyone you've known. People you don't know, all of IllFonic. Trust me, our commitment hasn't changed. It sucks that things take longer than anyone wants, or that we can't provide the most solid information, but you are heard and we are working. 

See you all, soon.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

30 minutes ago, GunMedia_Ben said:

A post was hidden/removed due to recurring accusations from a user that continues to parrot incorrect information. We're totally not going to censor users for voicing displeasure with the game, but to continue to spread rumor and false information due to aggravation helps no one. 

You know...you could just address the "incorrect information" and leave the posts intact?

It's getting a little silly how much stuff has been deleted recently.

Whatever though. Your forum. You're just gonna feel silly when no one bothers to post here anymore. There clearly isn't much point in doing so.

(^^ that's more like it ^^)

• Thanks 2

13 minutes ago, AldermachXI said:

You know...you could just address the "incorrect information" and leave the posts intact?

It's getting a little silly how much stuff has been deleted recently.

Whatever though. Your forum. You're just gonna feel silly when no one bothers to post here anymore. There clearly isn't much point in doing so.

Going on 'incorrect information,' said post made accusations concerning dedicated servers, which we are working on. Other comments were more....inflammatory, accusational on things that have nothing to do with the game, and were generally designed to incite criticism that is baseless due to previous aggravation overall.

Going through the admin and moderator logs; I do not much being deleted by any mod or admin on the team other than spam threads (just banned 4 spam accounts and their post spam), as well as deleted harassment comments from user to user. To be frank, the majority of moderation and administration occurs from our fans more than occurs from any member of Gun or IllFonic. This is more by design to allow our fans to feel as though they can participate with fans and know that our team isn't going overboard. No one here really believes in shutting down criticism, keeps us honest. What we do shut down is harassment and trolling, which is an unfortunate thing that occurs on forums. 

However; I don't see many posts being deleted by mods or admins. Logs record every edit, every deletion, every post from every member. We see what every member posts and edits and deletes.