Spyro

Whats the point of the forums if you cant use them?

So my original complaint has been locked due to a couple of people b****ing "Whaaaa, this has been done before!"

The topic is an important topic and draws a lot of attention and needs to be addressed.

How many people tho, are willing to go searching for a thread that was created several months back, rather than read a recent post that they know is active?

I sure the hell am not willing to search through endless threads to find the newest one or one thats active.

To me this is just a way to silence us and hope that we forget what we're angry over.

• Thanks 4
  • Sad 2

You know, the "Search" function works wonders. ;)

Bumping the thread of a topic you wish to continue allows others to go back and read what has already been said before, and prevents the same questions from being asked over and over again. 

• Like 1

It is kind of funny, because if you quote a topic that is a couple of months old on some of the forums I've been in, they say you are necroing an old thread.  Each forum has its own rules and we must abide.  I do feel like too many get locked.  Especially here as of late.  

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Spyro said:

So my original complaint has been locked due to a couple of people b****ing "Whaaaa, this has been done before!"

The topic is an important topic and draws a lot of attention and needs to be addressed.

How many people tho, are willing to go searching for a thread that was created several months back, rather than read a recent post that they know is active?

I sure the hell am not willing to search through endless threads to find the newest one or one thats active.

To me this is just a way to silence us and hope that we forget what we're angry over.

Dems the rules. 

I think you brought up several good points..... that were already brought up I  other threads. Feel free to contribute the facts you said i n the threads already existing. I think most of us just don't want to hear the mods have to repeat themselves or want to click on yet another thread of the same shit is all. The latter holds true for me.

We are at the between patch lull again where everyone is getting angry with each other due to boredom and frustrations with lack of a fix.

35 minutes ago, Spyro said:

Here is one to vent in that is only two-weeks old. Took about 3 minutes to find it. The point is that these threads pop-up all the time. Trust me, you don't have to go through months of threads to locate something that is discussing exactly what you were. Often, you can go back 1 or 2 thread pages and locate something.

The big problem I see with everyone saying "use the Search" function is that half of the times people making posts don't bother to even add tags so they are easier to sort. Anyways, please do share your thoughts. Nobody is saying not to use the forums. Just make life easier on everyone by using what is already there. There are only so many threads you can stand to see about "Will we get Savini", "Where are dedicated servers", "Jason sucks", "Hit detection is awful", and whatnot before your eye starts to twitch. We all want to talk and discuss, but we don't want to suffer through Groundhog Day. Neither do the moderators.

• Like 1

Your Topic was locked as a discussion on the matter already exists. Please feel free to join in on a discussion in progress if your search yields results. This is general house keeping and allows topics to be easily found so others may easily find said topics as well as it being seen by the right parties to bring attention to the topic as hand.