Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Upon seeing all the asian language I can't understand. I think it's time to address a topic I think is needed here. I searched and didn't see anything about this but I c ould have missed it. 

But I think our forum should be seperated by platform and further by language. I am all for a large comunity but let us be real for a moment. First it would be nice that if people are complaining about a glitch or anything really that those complaints and players post in a thread meant for that platform they play on. For instance I keep seeing ps4 problems that I don't get on PC.

Second it would be nice to be able to discuss with people that are on the same platform for certain things. I wont go into detail here as I am sure you all have ideas. 

Third in here and on the game it is frustrating to see or have to hear a language I don't understand. Especially in game nothing against these players but they know we don't understand they came to a english server. But they keep yelling when no one understands and sorry it ruines the game and makes it so we can't comunicate. Of course not all foreign players are guilty but it happens a lot. 

Al least here on the forums seperate places to post by console and language would make navagating this forum much easier. and in my opinion it would make it easier on the player to know if a problem is just their platform or a problem accross all platforms which would help the devs in the long run.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why is it always US people wanting to split up the community? Maybe US and rest of the world section...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Or we can all be together or you could find English players and play with them.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Spam bots, look it up. Don't split up the forum, just kill the spam bot account. I actually like having the ability to get info, ideas, and just generally like talking to people from all over. KILL THE SPAM BOTS! Do not segregate us!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

Why is it always US people wanting to split up the community? Maybe US and rest of the world section...

We don't want to split the comunity. But not everyone speaks or reads your languages. I have no issue with a mixed comunity but other sections not mixed is good for everyone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Again I am not say there can't be a mixed forum I am saying add sections to the forum that is not the same thing. keep the general forum fine but add others for those that don't want to deal with various issues. I find it funny that the word segregation came up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, mrhyde138 said:

We don't want to split the comunity. But not everyone speaks or reads your languages. I have no issue with a mixed comunity but other sections not mixed is good for everyone.

 

i can understand platforms. language is not needed in forums. that wouldn´t benefit anyone. Also who mods those?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

 

i can understand platforms. language is not needed in forums. that wouldn´t benefit anyone. Also who mods those?

It would benefit people looking for people that speak their own language right off making it easier to meet and group. But that is just the obvious stuff. It's not like I am saying ban people to these exclusivly. I am saying choice is always good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah man, it's not actual users, it's just a bunch of automated spambots.
Particularly lazy ones, because they weren't even set to post in the forum-accepted language, so even more worthless than usual.

They make a mess, but cleared up now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@mrhyde138

It's come up in the past. One of the publishers said this is an English-only forum.

I'm for the idea of having sections for different languages but the reality is the forum mods can't keep up with the English stuff, let alone anything in a different language. It would require more effort and work than I think Gun or Illphonic is capable of. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

MAYBE We should split up. i want a place where i can talk and post about the history and mythology of the whole Friday the 13th Franchise.including sharing diffrent ideas that are out of the norm.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, EvilElvenElvis said:

MAYBE We should split up. i want a place where i can talk and post about the history and mythology of the whole Friday the 13th Franchise.including sharing diffrent ideas that are out of the norm.

you mean like the already existing "off topic" and "all things horror" sub forums? :P

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

NO a whole diffrent forum room inside this forum. where the diffrent ideas of the franchise are shared.ideas that dont fit the multiplayer platform would go to the other forum.it would cut down on spam and crazy out of control posts.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

you mean like the already existing "off topic" and "all things horror" sub forums? :P

 

1 minute ago, EvilElvenElvis said:

NO a whole diffrent forum room inside this forum. where the diffrent ideas of the franchise are shared.ideas that dont fit the multiplayer platform would go to the other forum.it would cut down on spam and crazy out of control posts.

This is the general discussion for gameplay forum Elvis. There are already sub-forums for what you are talking about. What seems to be the issue? You got an idea, put it in Suggestions/Feedback. You want to talk about the gameplay, post it here. You want to talk history and mythology of the franchise? There are places in All Things Horror and whatnot for that. Go to where the discussion is, needs to be. It is only a couple clicks away.:)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, EvilElvenElvis said:

NO a whole diffrent forum room inside this forum. where the diffrent ideas of the franchise are shared.ideas that dont fit the multiplayer platform would go to the other forum.it would cut down on spam and crazy out of control posts.

Yea... as @Alkavian said, try off-topic.

Or try a different social platform.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Alkavian said:

 

This is the general discussion for gameplay forum Elvis. There are already sub-forums for what you are talking about. What seems to be the issue? You got an idea, put it in Suggestions/Feedback. You want to talk about the gameplay, post it here. You want to talk history and mythology of the franchise? There are places in All Things Horror and whatnot for that. Go to where the discussion is, needs to be. It is only a couple clicks away.:)

I was just about to say this... but you nailed it. If it's more about the series, try All Things Horror.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, mrhyde138 said:

First it would be nice that if people are complaining about a glitch or anything really that those complaints and players post in a thread meant for that platform they play on. For instance I keep seeing ps4 problems that I don't get on PC.

It would be nice if there was a platform badge that would show for each person under their Location. 

10 hours ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

Why is it always US people wanting to split up the community? Maybe US and rest of the world section...

Because we're the 1% and that's human nature.:P  Also foreign pings are terrible to play with.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow why does everything have to get racial, or political As the guy that made the topic I can tell you for a fact that this was not the intent. 

It is rather disgusting that some of you people took it there. There is something wrong with you as a human that a suggestion in a forum for a game feel the need to go there.

Even if it is just sjokeing that is how it starts and other people that do feel that way jump on and things escalate. Very sad state of affairs. 

Anyway No these suggestions I made a designed to help people navagate the forums in a more efficent way that can actually help them find what they need. I never said close the general forums or what we have now. I am suggeting the adding of sections that are still open to be viewed and read by anyone. Like the sections for other languages go into any language you like. But you go in knowing if you post you may not be understood. Or as I have said before sections for each platform so you can easliy find topics and help that directly affect your platform of play. There is no agenda here or any of the nonsense i see in here. You all wonder why your ideas and complaints fall on deaf ears look at your behavior and inability to take ideas outside of your own as the best example of the problem. tumblr_nyowmcWxWP1rp0vkjo1_500.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That asian language you were seeing here was from spambots not actual people. So what partially triggered this thread seems to be over a misunderstanding, and there was a reaction to that.

These forums are intended to be English language based, and they ask that people can communicate to at least a reasonable level in that.

If we divide up by platform and by language, we'd end up with lots of small forums and most collecting dust. It's easier on everything to keep the platforms together and issues in catch-all sections, such as a Suggestions & Feedback section, and so on.

If there's an issue you want to talk with people about for a specific platform, then just include it in the thread title (or see if there's already an existing one for that). "Car driving (PC only)" or something like that, is what people have tended to do before.

And if you're having a real technical problem, then jasonkillsbugs.com is the best place for them. We used to have a Bugs forum here, but that website works better.

I think there were just some crossed wires here.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×