Sign in to follow this  
Thatguyinktown

Should it be time to name-and-shame host quitters?

How many times have we all been dropped by hosts who quit right after being killed? Maybe we should put together a "shitty hosts list" so we can block them, because as "soon" as dedicated servers are coming for consoles, it isn't happening soon enough. 

Maybe make a compilation of game video captures of the hosts leaving, for those that think this is punishment without due process. 

Take a look at this Dedicated Servers & Host Migration thread! It might give you a all around idea.

Link: 

• Confused 1

34 minutes ago, Thatguyinktown said:

How many times have we all been dropped by hosts who quit right after being killed? Maybe we should put together a "shitty hosts list" so we can block them, because as "soon" as dedicated servers are coming for consoles, it isn't happening soon enough. 

Maybe make a compilation of game video captures of the hosts leaving, for those that think this is punishment without due process. 

I understand where you are coming from with your idea. The problem is, shaming people isn't going to make it stop. Here are a few of the reasons why.

1. They can just get a new user ID and do it all over again.

2. People will start shaming people for stupid reasons. (I don't like player X because reason Y.)

3. Some people don't care what others think of them and will do whatever they whenever they want.

Rather than making a shaming list, consider making of list of good players you'd rather have matches with. It'll make your life a lot easier.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Fair Play said:

Rather than making a shaming list, consider making of list of good players you'd rather have matches with. It'll make your life a lot easier.

That's brilliant! More props and acknowledgement given to good players and less focus on who and what sucks sounds great.

3 hours ago, Thatguyinktown said:

Number one dedicated servers aren't coming so forget about that. 

Number two yesterday I was the host and my game crashed which this game is prone to do. Am I going on the list? Because if I get blacklisted because of a crash I would be very pissed. Especially since I have no issue watching the match play out if killed early.

3 hours ago, Thatguyinktown said:

Guy I see you finally graced us with your presence here in the forums.😉 Welcome to the party 

6 hours ago, Thatguyinktown said:

I  can''t speak for consoles, but I have had an issue about 3 times now over just the last month or so where I'll picked as Jason on PC and the game will bug out during the opening animation. When the game starts I'll be staring at the ground almost like when you load and it will never move from there. It's literally first person view grass level high. I'll be able to morph but it doesn't help. For all intensive purposes I can do nothing. I say this because I know there are a lot of folks that quit right off the bat out there. But sometimes it's just a glitch where they can't do anything like this. It happens. So you might be trying to shame people for stuff beyond their control. I know it sucks but take the 500XP and move on to the next one. Because you're never going to know which is which.

This also goes for random DCs during the match midgame. I've had a few of those as well. You just can't be sure of much unless someone just straightup rage quits in an obvious way.

Yeah the reason aside from people that abusing it People don't have the strength of their convictions and don't have the guts to stand by what comes out of their mouths. Real big when the world doesn't learn they are asshats. 

Said this before, but no naming and shaming. Not going to happen so no more threads on it please.