Sign in to follow this  
TiffanyIsBae

Do Fixers feel out of place in this game?

20 hours ago, TiffanyIsBae said:

This game does favor everything a fixer doesn’t have, luck and speed. Once a fixer is caught which is common since spam sense ruins the though of sneaking away, they’re dead. In public matches, most fixers are completely ignored and are left to die. Always though fixers should’ve had a faster time starting the car, not Chad who does nothing but find keys and leaves everyone. 

It levels the playing field since repair character players have an easier time gaining XP/CP. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I play Deborah a lot with Marathon and Restful + Medic or Thick skin. I tend to check cabins fast and still not many people know that pocket knives spawn in campfires now. I take out traps at objects and I leave everyone. I never really have a problem either, I'll pick up someone if they're on the way but I won't be driving around for people that don't fix or at least try to protect me. Lachappa maybe be subpar to Deborah but I'd say Deborah is a very good pick.

• Like 1

Like someone else said, as Jenny (with repair bonus perk) I don't need any help to get the car going. That said, if there's a fixer there at the time I'll let them do it. And if I can help someone (slower characters) escape Jason somehow, I will. Lol, though that doesn't always work out too well for me. :o

But yeah, Eric is just fodder from what I've seen.

8 hours ago, Bropollocreed79 said:

The simplest way to fix this would be to lock in the Repair roll events to be inversely related to the "Repair" stat.

A repair skill of 1 would equate to 10 Repair skill checks.

A repair skill of 10 would equate to 1 Repair skill check.

The "window" for each check should be halved for every two Repair skill points, so a repair skill of 1 would have a window 5X smaller than that of a character with a "10".

I know they already do the window size adjustment portion already, but they should make it more consistent and eliminate the rerolling feature.  Lock in the values, but randomize the placement within the wheel.

If you really want to make it valuable, the penalty for failing a skill check should be more severe, such as resetting the ENTIRE QTE, as opposed to only going back one check, or having it drain half a player's stamina, which would make evading Jason much more difficult if he were to Morph or Shift once alerted to the efforts.

Maybe if Jason has Morph's cooldown completely refreshed, he should have the option to press a certain button (or button combo) to instantly Morph to the location of the failed skill check, without having to open the map and place the icon.

I disagree. Fixing as Tiffany and Buggzy is already hell. What I propose is a change to repair that gives benefits like luck. 

23 hours ago, TiffanyIsBae said:

Once a fixer is caught which is common since spam sense ruins the though of sneaking away, they’re dead.

How exactly does one spam sense? I've tried this just to see what people are talking about and there is still a wait time for the ability to recharge after only looking at it for a millisecond.

1 hour ago, TiffanyIsBae said:

I disagree. Fixing as Tiffany and Buggzy is already hell. What I propose is a change to repair that gives benefits like luck. 

Wouldn't that make Chad more Meta than he already is?

Just now, Bropollocreed79 said:

Wouldn't that make Chad more Meta than he already is?

He has 2 repair. The affect, don’t know yet, would only be noticeable for repair 7 and above.

10 minutes ago, SteveChristy said:

How exactly does one spam sense? I've tried this just to see what people are talking about and there is still a wait time for the ability to recharge after only looking at it for a millisecond.

Yes but the wait is extremely short. Sense only has to refill the amount you used of it, and only has to be activated for less than a second to see if someone/something lights up. That's how Sense avoidance perks are negated, on/off and repeat until counselor shows up, which is essentially spamming it. Sense avoidance is only based on chance so a counselor is guaranteed to light up if you spam.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Miss AJ said:

I still see lots of repair characters like AJ & Debbie are popular to play. Less of LaChappas but I've seen really good players of all three who do escape or fight Jason well too. 

I think repair characters just have to escape early before Jason gets rage when he can see everywhere on the map. Then the faster characters with stamina have better odds of kiting. 

I rarely see Lachappa, or AJ. Deborah is common though. 

Obviously that’s the whole point of a fixers job, escape before rage. It’s not possible when Jason can easily stop you, one mess up and fixers are dead. 

41 minutes ago, TiffanyIsBae said:

Obviously that’s the whole point of a fixers job, escape before rage. It’s not possible when Jason can easily stop you, one mess up and fixers are dead. 

Not if there's proper teamwork, no.

The point of a LaChappa, AJ, or Deb is that they have another counselor nearby for backup.

Frankly, anyone attempting fixes should have someone nearby, if the objective is trapped. If you can get to it before Jason does, go nuts.

Honestly, I mainly play fixer characters and I feel i do better because of it. Too many players miss objective items because they go to empty drawers. Or they run off and die somewhere with the items far from the objective(thanks for taking the keys I dropped next to the car and running halfway across the map with them). 

As a fixer, I don't really have to depend on anyone. I depend on stealth, and my own fighting skills. The character I first mained was Deb, for the longest. Then it was AJ after that. I mainly use Shelly and Fox now(because part 3 was one of my fav movies). Fox is typical if I am going to try for the sweater and still want a fighter that can repair things. Shelly is unique. He has good stealth, but weak fixing. Wish his fixing would have been higher. At least he makes up for it with a bit of piss and vinegar fighting skill. 

Do I agree their stamina and speed are affected by the cabins? Absolutely. Can't do the cabin hunting and window hopping the same as the runners. Runners can't also hide under the bed when spawned in a phone house and have Jason walk by without making a sound like AJ can. It's all about learning how to use the characters for your play style. 

2 hours ago, AldermachXI said:

Not if there's proper teamwork, no.

The point of a LaChappa, AJ, or Deb is that they have another counselor nearby for backup.

Frankly, anyone attempting fixes should have someone nearby, if the objective is trapped. If you can get to it before Jason does, go nuts.

Yeah, but aren’t you better off with Adam and Fox? They can still fix in Jason’s face, have better speed and stamina, and can fight Jason. Stealth becomes useless when your body guard makes noise, only to get a Jason’s attention. 

1 hour ago, TheHansonGoons said:

Honestly, I mainly play fixer characters and I feel i do better because of it. Too many players miss objective items because they go to empty drawers. Or they run off and die somewhere with the items far from the objective(thanks for taking the keys I dropped next to the car and running halfway across the map with them). 

As a fixer, I don't really have to depend on anyone. I depend on stealth, and my own fighting skills. The character I first mained was Deb, for the longest. Then it was AJ after that. I mainly use Shelly and Fox now(because part 3 was one of my fav movies). Fox is typical if I am going to try for the sweater and still want a fighter that can repair things. Shelly is unique. He has good stealth, but weak fixing. Wish his fixing would have been higher. At least he makes up for it with a bit of piss and vinegar fighting skill. 

Do I agree their stamina and speed are affected by the cabins? Absolutely. Can't do the cabin hunting and window hopping the same as the runners. Runners can't also hide under the bed when spawned in a phone house and have Jason walk by without making a sound like AJ can. It's all about learning how to use the characters for your play style. 

Runners can stand still or easily run away. Runners can still hide under a bed and still not get detected pre-rage. 

9 hours ago, TiffanyIsBae said:

that´s because they have 1 in words one repair skill. it is supposed to be super extra hard to repair with them, nearly impossible. that´s the point of having only one skill point...

that chads can repair with 5 checks is a effin joke.

10 hours ago, TangledHelix said:

I play Deborah a lot with Marathon and Restful + Medic or Thick skin. I tend to check cabins fast and still not many people know that pocket knives spawn in campfires now. I take out traps at objects and I leave everyone. I never really have a problem either, I'll pick up someone if they're on the way but I won't be driving around for people that don't fix or at least try to protect me. Lachappa maybe be subpar to Deborah but I'd say Deborah is a very good pick.

Same but with marathon, the map and policeman in Perks.

I find Deborah very efficient with marathon & Policeman : she can make the whole map (with some rest in house, but she can), can repair very fast the car and boat (but for it, it can be difficult to find all part) even with Jason near her ass, and can call the police very fast  to put pressure on Jason with the time (3min30).

And sometimes for the fun i go to Jason house to Take his mom's Pull and find Allies to defend me (more easy to be help with the pull), Jason can't catch me so easy...

10 hours ago, TiffanyIsBae said:

That's true, I've seen less Ajs than before & way more Deborah's now.  It depends on the skill of players too, I see plenty of Debbie's who survive to the end kiting Jason if they have to. Even some awesome LaChappas who dance all over Jason!

7 hours ago, TiffanyIsBae said:

Yeah, but aren’t you better off with Adam and Fox? They can still fix in Jason’s face, have better speed and stamina, and can fight Jason. Stealth becomes useless when your body guard makes noise, only to get a Jason’s attention. 

Runners can stand still or easily run away. Runners can still hide under a bed and still not get detected pre-rage. 

It's the fact if AJs fear level is down, she doesn't need to play the breathing game. Other counselors make noises and give their position away 

@TheHansonGoons

This is why when I play to repair, I use A.J. with a epic tinker. She can stay quiet but yet do what she has to do with wise time management. Lately I have been the stealthy juker as Tiffany :D 

Just now, TiffanyCox said:

@TheHansonGoons

This is why when I play to repair, I use A.J. with a epic tinker. She can stay quiet but yet do what she has to do with wise time management. Lately I have been the stealthy juker as Tiffany :D 

Some people are so good with Tiffany. Unfortunately I am not one of those. Haha