Spyro

The game is a piece of s**t for a majority of Jason players, now!

I use to love this game, and love playing as Jason.

But I must admit, that everytime I log on now, the more p***ed off Im getting with how this game is turning out, for Jason players.

The creators have made the game so one-sided its not even funny, and it favors the counselors.

For example!

Removed Jason's ability to plant traps in the same spot.

Created small maps that allow counselors to find essential items in close range to escape.

Allowed dropped items to show on map.

Placed guns, health spray, pocket knives, at camp sites, which essentially allows most players to arm themselves to the teeth.

Updated Tommy to be better equiped.

Reduced Jason's grab range drastically.

Created perks allowing counselors to be more durable and stronger than Jason himself.

And so on.

And what have they done for Jason in order to balance this out? 

Not a f***ing thing!

I bought the game because I wanted to play as Jason, what I didn't want is to play as Jason and have 5 people escape in 5 minutes into the match.(Actually happened, I saved the video) I didn't want every counselor to have 3 pocket knives, guns, health spray, fire crackers and what not, at the ready, so that every time I get close to one I can be stunned repeatedly. (Saved numerous videos showing this b.s.)

I can understand why some adjustments were made, Jason shouldn't be able to reach 10 feet across the map and grab someone, or lay layers upon layers of traps on each other. Its not realistic or canon.

But you know what else isn't canon? For every counselor to escape and survive. Especially in 5 minutes! What isn't canon is for counselors to magically see where things are in the woods on a minimap. What isnt canon is for every counselor to be armed to the teeth.

Which leads me to ask. Does the game creators just not care for the character? Or the game? Or its players?

Some people still have luck with Jason, I do too at times, but mores times than normal, the one-sided shift is too irritating to tolerate.

Im starting to wonder if Dead by Daylight is a better game to switch to? Maybe they treat their game and players with more respect than to constantly screw something up.

Oh well, you guys got my money, and it seems thats all the matters.

I will say its getting awfully close to me shelving this game and never touching it again.

Unless the creators balance the damn thing out!

Will they do this? When will they?

• Like 10

Respectfully disagree, based on my own experiences as Jason.

But, to be fair, I'm drunk 75% of the time I play.

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

People have been saying it for months buddy - it started to be this way after the October patch and more counselor buffs have been added since. We'll see what the next patch brings...at the moment it's balanced for counselor party time - the serious players have been shafted. Was an excellent survival horror experience before October, shame you never got to experience it! Hopefully they'll put down the crack pipes and make it the game it was. 

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, TiffanyCox said:

There are multiple threads relating to balance issues. Please, before posting threads; take a look at the Forum Rules & Regulations.

Link: http://forum.f13game.com/forum/4-rules-regulations/

Thank you! :) 

These forums are overmoderated enough as it is; there's no need for sycophantic wannabes to join in.

9 minutes ago, Splatterhouse said:

People have been saying it for months buddy - it started to be this way after the October patch and more counselor buffs have been added since. We'll see what the next patch brings...at the moment it's balanced for counselor party time - the serious players have been shafted. Was an excellent survival horror experience before October, shame you never got to experience it! Hopefully they'll put down the crack pipes and make it the game it was. 

What he said.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

7 minutes ago, Dr. Lecter said:

These forums are overmoderated enough as it is; there's no need for sycophantic wannabes to join in.

What he said.

I have been doing these kinds of things since I have joined. Your the first person ever to tell me to stop and that I am a wannabe moderator? Actually, I am just helping out and putting less stress on the people that do it more often. And what surprises me the most is that I usually get thank you's not "no need".

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

Im pretty sure I read from Shifty or someone that the next patch was suppose to address some of he things. Im not sure how theyll do it but I know for sure that the pendulum will swing back in Jasons favor eventually and then we'll have people complaining he's too OP (which is how it should be in my opinion.)

1 minute ago, TiffanyCox said:

I have been doing these kinds of things since I have joined. Your the first person ever to tell me to stop and that I am a wannabe moderator? Actually, I am just helping out and putting less stress on the people that do it more often. And what surprises me the most is that I usually get thank you's not "no need".

I mean, you weren't wrong initially. I think there are 3 up on the first page of the discussion topic. Glad some venting got done. Let's move on.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Dr. Lecter said:

I help out with welcoming members to the forums, "Brown-nosing" is someone who uses peers to their advantage. I am "helping" which means making it easier to do something, by offering assistance. But as @TheHansonGoons stated, lets get this back on topic.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Splatterhouse said:

This game was never a survival horror game, you could always group up and beat jasons ass. It's just worse now because the devs nerf'd the shit out of combat to try and fix sliding. But they couldn't even fix that.

1 minute ago, Man In A Pickle said:

This game was never a survival horror game, you could always group up and beat jasons ass. It's just worse now because the devs nerf'd the shit out of combat to try and fix sliding. But they couldn't even fix that.

It's not totally Jason either. Counselors need somewhat of a downgrade as well, they have their own balance problems which indeed affect Jason's game play. Jason's nerf only affects Jason. So he has it a bit harder, but the amount of issues added to the counselors make it harder for some people to play Jason. Not me personally, but its obvious many people are frustrated.

1 minute ago, Man In A Pickle said:

It was more survival horror when it first came out. The fact that items could end up anywhere and you didnt know was a HUGE part of the survival aspect that I feel has been diminished with the addition of item icons for one. With more people getting their hands on Medic and Thick Skin, theres not much you need to worry about when it comes to being injured. Id just like the game to make you REALLY weight your decisions. Make people actually have to decide to use a pocket knife for a trap or safety. If med spray was scarce it would make people more likely to use knives on objectives and so on.

To me asymmetrical multiplayer will always be a tricky horse to tame, but I feel like this game was close to being ideal back at launch.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

48 minutes ago, TiffanyCox said:

I’ll be the second person to tell you to stop then. We get it: someone has already talked about this in another thread. Sometimes people just need to get their frustrations out. They wanna be heard. Let the guy be heard. If a moderator does come in here and close the thread then fine, but the thread has already been made. You commenting and pointing it out won’t magically fix the issue. So let it go, it’s really not that big of a deal. You just make yourself look like a tattletale or something. It’s kinda annoying.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5

50 minutes ago, TiffanyCox said:

No ive mentioned this before. Just stop.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, TiffanyCox said:

It's not totally Jason either. Counselors need somewhat of a downgrade as well, they have their own balance problems which indeed affect Jason's game play. Jason's nerf only affects Jason. So he has it a bit harder, but the amount of issues added to the counselors make it harder for some people to play Jason. Not me personally, but its obvious many people are frustrated.

I think instead of downgrading Counselors they need to just buff jason to be above their level. Since the majority of the time you're going to be one, you have to keep that gameplay type fun so you can keep people playing the game because they are not always going to be jason.

And the only real jason only nerf was his grab getting nerfd, both sides are effected by the wonky hit dteection and awful dumbed down combat.

Though I will say the majority of people that play jason aren't good at jason and still fall for basic stuff like turn around hits, when they should just bait it out with a spin/twirl and grab then Counselor.

6 minutes ago, ThePunkPirate said:

It was more survival horror when it first came out. The fact that items could end up anywhere and you didnt know was a HUGE part of the survival aspect that I feel has been diminished with the addition of item icons for one. With more people getting their hands on Medic and Thick Skin, theres not much you need to worry about when it comes to being injured. Id just like the game to make you REALLY weight your decisions. Make people actually have to decide to use a pocket knife for a trap or safety. If med spray was scarce it would make people more likely to use knives on objectives and so on.

To me asymmetrical multiplayer will always be a tricky horse to tame, but I feel like this game was close to being ideal back at launch.

I honestly never want to go back to the days of aj dying in the middle of no where while she held onto the fuze and car keys.

Thick skin is a balanced perk now, I would agree with you if you said legacy thick skin. But the new one is fine.

medic is a bit op though because of how many potential med sprays it can make.

10 minutes ago, Man In A Pickle said:

Though I will say the majority of people that play jason aren't good at jason and still fall for basic stuff like turn around hits, when they should just bait it out with a spin/twirl and grab then Counselor.

It isnt about being a good or bad jason. Its more about why the hell jason has to bait/spin twirl in fear of a 90 pound girl stunning him with a frying pan. Keep counsellors how they are. Redo perks maybe, but its all about big J. Make the damn game scary... make it so when you are a counsellor you are on the edge of your seat to try and survive. None of this "oh well ill fuck around because i have a shotgun, 2 pk's, 2 sprays, and slot open for the next pk or spray i get. It's absolutely retarded and i dont blame the op for starting a new thread. Jason is and should be an OP, scary mofo...so make it happen!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Spyro said:

I will say its getting awfully close to me shelving this game and never touching it again.

Sometimes you need a break from the game. Take a breather for a month or so, then try back after the next update. You'll feel a whole lot better. If that doesn't help, there are other games to enjoy out there. I've played Dead by Daylight, and enjoy it from time to time. I enjoy this game a bit more than that, but that's just me. One of my fundamental rules of gaming, you should be less stressed after a session. Whatever your decision, I hope you find peace and happiness.

1 hour ago, Bropollocreed79 said:

Respectfully disagree, based on my own experiences as Jason.

But, to be fair, I'm drunk 75% of the time I play.

Whatcha drinking? :)

27 minutes ago, Man In A Pickle said:

I honestly never want to go back to the days of aj dying in the middle of no where while she held onto the fuze and car keys.

But that's not something we need the current version of parts icons to fix. Simply having them display on the mini-map would avoid that scenario while still requiring people to put in some fucking work to find stuff, whether by communication or searching.

As it stands now, counselor omniscience via map is mainly used for one thing: permanently flagging the location of parts for everyone who has a map as soon as they're encountered by anyone at all. AJ dying in the woods with fuse, keys, and propeller? That almost never happens, and the kind of perfect, instant knowledge of item locations we have right now is absolutely not needed to address such a minor issue. Talking about using a (counselor buffing) nuke to kill a gnat... :wacko:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Jason def needs a strength buff. 2 hacks and the counselor is limping and dead on the third. A good thick skin should give you an extra swing’s worth of damage. Also, 3 swings at a reinforced door should take it down, 2 for strengthened Jason’s. Seeing Jason swing at a door 6 times is lame. 

27 minutes ago, BeautyNumber2 said:

Jason def needs a strength buff. 2 hacks and the counselor is limping and dead on the third. A good thick skin should give you an extra swing’s worth of damage. Also, 3 swings at a reinforced door should take it down, 2 for strengthened Jason’s. Seeing Jason swing at a door 6 times is lame. 

It was nice having that unintentional buff to Destruction a few patches back. Heck Id like to see things go back to that and then maybe add the current amount of wings as a Jason debuff,     - Weapon Strength. Use that to maybe fix and re balance  some of the Jasons so some of them could still have a normal shift and so on.

The reason why 4,8, and Savini were so scary during that patch was the amount of pressure they could apply.

1 hour ago, Fair Play said:

Sometimes you need a break from the game. Take a breather for a month or so, then try back after the next update. You'll feel a whole lot better. If that doesn't help, there are other games to enjoy out there. I've played Dead by Daylight, and enjoy it from time to time. I enjoy this game a bit more than that, but that's just me. One of my fundamental rules of gaming, you should be less stressed after a session. Whatever your decision, I hope you find peace and happiness.

Whatcha drinking? :)

Depends.  Weekdays, porter or stout.  Weekends? Lagavulin.

8 minutes ago, Bropollocreed79 said:

Depends.  Weekdays, porter or stout.  Weekends? Lagavulin.

Very classy :)

2 hours ago, Man In A Pickle said:

This might be a dumb question, but how do you make Jason spin twirl?

2 hours ago, Man In A Pickle said:

I think instead of downgrading Counselors they need to just buff jason to be above their level. Since the majority of the time you're going to be one, you have to keep that gameplay type fun so you can keep people playing the game because they are not always going to be jason.

And the only real jason only nerf was his grab getting nerfd, both sides are effected by the wonky hit dteection and awful dumbed down combat.

Thick skin is a balanced perk now, I would agree with you if you said legacy thick skin. But the new one is fine.

medic is a bit op though because of how many potential med sprays it can make.

I have wiped out whole lobbies in quick play. I have had a full four seater escape on me too. Right now Jason is a bit underpowered and needs a buff. However that dosen't mean you can't be successful. Patience is key. Your going to take a beating. But Jason can take a beating. You have to play intelligently. Anyone aiming a shotgun at you is standing still. Shift+Grab them. If they have a pocket knife big deal. Stay patient. Use slash and remember your going to get hit but you can tank the damage. I don't care if people escape. Sometimes people get away it happens. 

Let me tell you something about Dead by Daylight. The community over there bitches constantly about the Killer's doing their job. Kill four of four in Dead by Daylight and your getting hate messages along with reasons why you didn't play properly. And they nerf the killers just as much as Friday the 13th nerfs Jason. Perhaps even more. So if you think the grass is greener on the other side it isn't. You can even argue that it's worse. 

• Like 1