Spyro

The game is a piece of s**t for a majority of Jason players, now!

I don't see a problem. My favorite part of the films is when a teenage girl in a bunny suit whacks Jason with a frying pan to knock him out, then does a goofy dance and squats on his face. Such a...such a joy there. Real authenticity on the part of the devs, I tell you what. Yeah. 

• Like 5

@Spyro

The's multiplayer is garbage for the Jason player. The community manager says he's aware but who knows if anything will be fixed. It's been a steady decline.

27 minutes ago, CoyT92 said:

I don't see a problem. My favorite part of the films is when a teenage girl in a bunny suit whacks Jason with a frying pan to knock him out, then does a goofy dance and squats on his face. Such a...such a joy there. Real authenticity on the part of the devs, I tell you what. Yeah. 

Me too. That bunny costume was iconic.

These guys really have made the most authentic Jason neutering experience available.

I'd really settle for Paranoia or any other game mode that's completely different at this point.

Seriously, give me an OP Roy or Pamela along with Reggie, Alice as playable heroes and I'm all set. Jason is declared dead to me at this point. Kind of ironic isn't it? Given the events that took place in Part 1 and Part 5.

I was considering Tina for a Part 7 type of map, but thanks to the dreadful buffs to the counselors that probably screwed any chances of her being included. Unless they can find an appropriate nerf for her.

I think one thing that would help jason is not allow councelors to see jason on the mini map. It would make it bit more scarier imho. I mean it makes no sense that we can see him in the first place.

To answer OP's question, it's because the devs favor the counselors due to the cash from the casuals that rolled in from the physical copy sales and the online sales.  Counselor bias is heavy with this game.

32 minutes ago, Redcat345 said:

To answer OP's question, it's because the devs favor the counselors due to the cash from the casuals that rolled in from the physical copy sales and the online sales.  Counselor bias is heavy with this game.

Whoa, whoa, WHOA there, Chief!  As a "dirty casual" who refuses to pay for digital downloads and prefers owning physical retail copies of any sort of media, I resent the implication that casuals demand/require counselor bias by the devs. 

You're creating a false equivalency.  Casuals in no way dictate the need for counselor favoritism by the developers of the game.  Playing Jason was unpleasant for new players because they lacked the institutional knowledge of the game that early adopters/"true fans of the series" (if I had a nickel for every time someone bemoaned the unfairness to "true fans", I'd have a sierra-load of nickels) who had a six month head-start on using Jason, regardless of what iteration/patches had been implemented.

It doesn't do much for player retention to have a built-in user base actively trolling new players who are learning Jason by openly taunting (read: teabagging) them, sending hostile messages to them via chat, or otherwise harassing them when they're just learning the game.  My second game as Jason, I had multiple players in a QP room hurling insults and racial epithets at me, calling me "trash" and other assorted, more colorful insults.  It didn't deter me in the slightest, apart from having irritating popups on my console every time one of these  "try-hards" could pull his lips away from his bong long enough to be bothered to mock me, I still leave my settings on "no preference" and play the game with some fun people.

Offline bots have shifted the paradigm though.  Players can practice their Jason mechanics in peace, and make an earnest effort to "git gud", as it were.  Coupled with the preference fix in the last patch, the quality of Jason play has improved leaps and bounds in QP matches in the last month or so.  There's a lot of factors that weigh into the balance between counselors and Jason in this game, but laying it at the feet of newer users is both lazy and inaccurate.  

• Like 2

I’ve got mixed feelings about the way the game is right now. On one hand, I’ve always hated never being able to find a pocketknives because other people seemingly beat me to it. When there were only 3, nobody, at least in my experience, used them to disarm traps. They would instead use them as their ‘get out of Jason’s grasp’ insurance policy. Now, with so many knives on the map, people are actually going halfway across the map to clear an objective of risk. I mean, Jason can put traps in front of everything that needs to be installed on a car… SOMEthing needed to be done to balance that out. In theory, it’s great that people now have to make a choice… “Do I keep my ‘get out of Jason free’ card, or do I use it to try and secure an escape route?”

Of course, there are people that grab three of these things, kite Jason to an exit point, and then basically wait for him to grab them time and time again just so they can troll.

But Jasons CAN combat this to a certain degree. Too many Jasons just do nothing but grab their prey… instead, wear them down. Slash at them time and time again, and if they use a spray, they’re only delaying the inevitable. Stay on them and their stamina will deplete and you’ll get them eventually. This is obviously harder on smaller maps though when you have to focus on managing boats and cars.

So, to me, this isn’t as much of a game problem as it is a player problem. Some people just don’t want to play in the spirit of the game, and there’s not much the developers can do about that, you know? Just like they can’t do anything about the Jasons that would rather go for the gory animated cutscenes rather than play smarter and weaken their prey.

So no, the game isn’t perfect. There’s obviously pros and cons to everything in its design, just like any game. However, let’s keep in mind that there aren’t too many games like this out there… the only other major one that can compete is Dead By Daylight, and in my opinion, while it’s fun, it’s not as fun as Friday the 13th. ‘Hey, take five minutes to start a generator. Now do it five times. Now take five minutes to open the exit.’ There’s no variety there. Friday the 13th actually asks you to play smarter, not necessarily harder, and gives you backup routes to takes whenever one plan fails. That keeps the gameplay dynamic, and far more interesting.

I’m personally extremely thankful for what we’ve got. I can’t stop playing.

• Like 2

Any PvP based game is going to struggle with balance.  I have never seen a single game that was able to make EVERYONE happy with the way things are balanced.  The reason for this isn't because the game is broken, it's because the game is changing, and MANY people despise change.  Adapting is a challenge and it tends to knock people of their pedestals for a second while they get used to the new mechanics.  When they took away trap stacking and the vacuum grab, I was a bit bummed, too.  But it also make me realize that there were several Jason abilities I was simply ignoring that was now going to get some actual use (Stalk and Slash).  

I'd never tell a player to stop playing because they're frustrated.  Feedback is crucial to keeping the game at the top of its potential.  However, you're not going to get where you want to be by being hostile in your verbage to the devs and playerbase.

I do feel for your frustration, but rest assured the devs are reading your messages and taking these things into consideration.  They may be silent right now, but that is only because they want to have a solid solution in hand before committing to anything.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Dapper Dragon said:

Any PvP based game is going to struggle with balance.  I have never seen a single game that was able to make EVERYONE happy with the way things are balanced.  The reason for this isn't because the game is broken, it's because the game is changing, and MANY people despise change.  Adapting is a challenge and it tends to knock people of their pedestals for a second while they get used to the new mechanics.  When they took away trap stacking and the vacuum grab, I was a bit bummed, too.  But it also make me realize that there were several Jason abilities I was simply ignoring that was now going to get some actual use (Stalk and Slash).  

I'd never tell a player to stop playing because they're frustrated.  Feedback is crucial to keeping the game at the top of its potential.  However, you're not going to get where you want to be by being hostile in your verbage to the devs and playerbase.

I do feel for your frustration, but rest assured the devs are reading your messages and taking these things into consideration.  They may be silent right now, but that is only because they want to have a solid solution in hand before committing to anything.

Well said

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Dapper Dragon said:

I must disagree on the devs being interested in our concerns.

I cant see them being interested after the drastic changes theyve made crippling Jason. They surely tested the updates out I assume, and had to have seen the drastic changes and knew how frustrating it would be for players, yet they proceeded to go forward with the chang anyway.

I also want to point out something I missed.

I dont see enough people complaining about the range of Jason's weapons. I cant count the amount of times Ive seen my weapon go through someone and not do a damn thing.

But yet I could be busting down a door and some counselor can stun me through the door before its even brought down!

Thats stupid!

44 minutes ago, Dapper Dragon said:

Any PvP based game is going to struggle with balance.  I have never seen a single game that was able to make EVERYONE happy with the way things are balanced.  The reason for this isn't because the game is broken,  They may be silent right now, but that is only because they want to have a solid solution in hand before committing to anything.

IMO  balance does not have any place in this game.  And changing things for no reason can completely ruin things.  And then you get people stuck in limbo waiting for MORE and MORE changes..

In this game.  Counselors should be bottom of the food chain Jason Fodder.  Anything that goes against that narrative is game breaking.   

The game devs silence on this matter is pretty mind boggling to say the least.    You say they are silent because they want a solid solution.  Id rather know why the HELL is Jason grab range and melee range so pathetically small.   Why are counselors able to beat up Jason so easily and avoid him so easily and why is there so many damn guns and pocket knives?  And how long do we have to wait before its NOT LIKE THIS.. anymore..

If the game devs would just start doing the exact opposite of what they have done lately..  This game would be in far better shape.

As a bunch of other people said, this topic has been covered a million times lately. This thread is going to get locked but if we want change we have to be vocal about it and keep up the pressure.. Unfortunately it seems like they just don't care about our opinions right now.

Yes, Jason is a shell of his former self.

Yes, Jason is under-powered right now.

Yes, Counselors got buffed too much.

Yes, the trap change was stupid.

Yes, there are far too many shotguns.

Yes, there are far too many pocket knives.

Yes, Jason's grab is completely broken and goes through characters like they are ghosts half the time.

Yes, the morph grids got royally screwed up in the last patch or two.

Yes, the hit detection is abysmal.

Yes, there are far too many game-breaking bugs for a game this late into release.

I am an extremely calm person but I damn near lost my shit twice on stream yesterday at the amount of ridiculous bullshittery that was going on. This is not okay and at least needs to be acknowledged by the devs before the population drops any further.

Silence is not the answer, open and honest communication is. Isn't that what they were preaching they were going to do before the game was released? Well, you fucked that up too.. Well done.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

@Psychosocial23

It can be hard to fix/run a game while being there for the whole community. I do feel somewhat the same, that the game should have better communication between Devs. No one really knows why they are staying quiet, but its quite obvious they have hopefully been working hard on fixing many of the problems you described. We can only think about the future of the game and see what happens. :) 

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Psychosocial23 said:

Yes, Jason is a shell of his former self.

Yes, Jason is under-powered right now.

Yes, Counselors got buffed too much.

Yes, the trap change was stupid.

Yes, there are far too many shotguns.

Yes, there are far too many pocket knives.

Yes, Jason's grab is completely broken and goes through characters like they are ghosts half the time.

Yes, the morph grids got royally screwed up in the last patch or two.

Yes, the hit detection is abysmal.

Yes, there are far too many game-breaking bugs for a game this late into release.

They're not going to be able to fix everything at once, so I think it's important to come to a consensus as to which items on this specific list (because it's focused on the match mechanics and balance, not to mention spot-on).  We have a better chance of seeing "baby-steps" as opposed to sweeping changes.

For me, personally, the grab needs to be adjusted and the hit detection should be addressed first.  The ridiculous amount of items at the counselors' disposal is something that can be overcome with patience in a match, but those grab and hit detection issues are a larger concern because they interfere with a match far more than single-use items like a pocket knife or shotgun.

As far as the "Jason being under-powered" thing goes, I'm thinking that the ability for a character to stun Jason should be limited to specific weapon types.  When you think about it, there's too many mechanics in the game that allow for single-use stuns: Shotguns, Flareguns, Pocket Knives, the Sweater, Bear Traps, Fire Crackers... having every weapon being capable of stunning Jason or knocking him down is a tad unbalanced.

FFS just had a game in QP.....

Crystal Lake, small. Player spawns at the workshop next to the 2 seater, puts in gas. I spawn at the cabin just south of it, grab the battery and install it. Car's repaired in 40 seconds from the start of the match. That, honestly, is bullshit. Really feel bad for Jason players sometimes. 

8 minutes ago, TiffanyCox said:

@Psychosocial23

It can be hard to fix/run a game while being there for the whole community. I do feel somewhat the same, that the game should have better communication between Devs. No one really knows why they are staying quiet, but its quite obvious they have hopefully been working hard on fixing many of the problems you described. We can only think about the future of the game and see what happens. :) 

It can but all they have to do is leave 1 post on this forum, reddit and/or the steam discussions page acknowledging that they are aware of our concerns. Not just a blanket response but provide specific examples of what they are looking into rather than just be silent. That would take maybe an hour or two in a round table huddle with the community managers, programmers and decision makers. Maybe tack on another few hours or a day for editing and final approval?

I wouldn't say it's obvious that they are fixing anything considering that in every single patch they have broken more than they have fixed or have added silly gameplay changes that nobody asked for. It's been like 8 months since launch and some of the day one issues are still there..

I can appreciate that you are optimistic and a trusting person but these guys don't exactly have the best track record. Seeing the pc population drop below 1000 constantly (even as low as 540) is a massive red flag that indicates there is something severely wrong. You would have to think that would light a fire under at least one person's butt over there..

As long the official devs statesman about balance is "Jason is fine, learn to be like a lion" nothing is going to change

@Bropollocreed79 I didn't imply you, I have played since the beta and have seen the changes made over time, the devs favor the counselors because too many people complained that Jason was op and they didn't want to scare off the money from new players, so they nerfed Jason.

14 hours ago, TiffanyCox said:

I help out with welcoming members to the forums, "Brown-nosing" is someone who uses peers to their advantage. I am "helping" which means making it easier to do something, by offering assistance. But as @TheHansonGoons stated, lets get this back on topic.

Please continue helping so that people learn the rules of the forum. There is a indeed a place for everything and not everybody needs to continuously repost the same thread over and over. 

Please do a search using the search feature before creating a new thread. If you do, you will find threads regarding this exact discussion. 

• Confused 2