Syomare

If looks could kill

If looks could kill   

32 members have voted

1. 1. Which jason do you think has the worst concept /design ?

• Kid Jason
    • Part 2 Jason
    • Part 3 Jason
    • Part 4 Jason
    • Part 5 Roy
    • Part 6 Jason
    • Part 7 Jason
    • Part 8 Jason
    • Part 9 Jason goes to hell
    • Part 10 Jason X pre-uber
    • Part 10 Jason X Uber
    • Freddy vs. Jason
    • 2009 reboot Jason

7 minutes ago, LadySansaLannister said:

I might piss people off but Part 3. I just find the design basic and boring compared to Part 2 and everyone else. Part 9 is right below it though for being completely hideous and looking like a rotted raspberry.

Gotta keep in mind though, that j3 was some pretty cutting edge stuff for the early 80s.  

4 minutes ago, Maddogg_8121 said:

Gotta keep in mind though, that j3 was some pretty cutting edge stuff for the early 80s.  

They did a wonderful job with that film! They were able to freak me out without Jason. The atmosphere and the setting in this movie was surprisingly good!

@Syomare I only see hatred for P9’s design here. Other fans seem to like his rotted and diseased look, which is why he got all those votes. 

8 minutes ago, Maddogg_8121 said:

Oh I know. He’s not my least favorite Jason in performance, just in design. P2 Jason just comes off as more scarier imo.

The FVJ Jason had platform shoes for crying out load,it don't get any worst in design .

42 minutes ago, LadySansaLannister said:

@Syomare I only see hatred for P9’s design here. Other fans seem to like his rotted and diseased look, which is why he got all those votes. 

Oh I know. He’s not my least favorite Jason in performance, just in design. P2 Jason just comes off as more scarier imo.

Yeah, part 2 is more along the lines of what would have happened to a boy that may or may not have drowned but learned to live off the land.  It was a good design.  Problem with it is there were at least two other movies with sackhead.  The town that dreaded sundown and elephant man. 

3 minutes ago, Maddogg_8121 said:

Yeah, part 2 is more along the lines of what would have happened to a boy that may or may not have drowned but learned to live off the land.  It was a good design.  Problem with it is there were at least two other movies with sackhead.  The town that dreaded sundown and elephant man. 

What about reboot sackhead?

1 hour ago, TiffanyCox said:

Part 9 was the only film I haven't seen.  I know everyone will hate on me for not seeing it <_< but I didn't want to waste money on it if it wasn't a great movie. You must know from experience? Is Jason goes to Hell a good film?

Not at all. But if you're a completionist, you may want to see it just to have perspective on why so many people hate it.

Just now, Syomare said:

What about reboot sackhead?

I honestly liked the remake.  Not sure why it gets so much hate.  Derek mears did an awesome job as Jason.  I like the look.  

1 minute ago, Alkavian said:

Not at all. But if you're a completionist, you may want to see it just to have perspective on why so many people hate it.

Well then, I may take a look at it. Depends on what time i have! Thank you :) 

• Like 1

Just now, Maddogg_8121 said:

I honestly liked the remake.  Not sure why it gets so much hate.  Derek mears did an awesome job as Jason.  I like the look.  

I didn't mind the remake. Didn't like the Jason living in tunnels idea much, but overall it wasn't awful.

1 minute ago, Alkavian said:

I didn't mind the remake. Didn't like the Jason living in tunnels idea much, but overall it wasn't awful.

I actually liked the tunnel twist.  It explains how he got around so fast without morphing or shifting.  It wouldn't be that far fetched to assume that those were closed down mine systems for that area.  I doubt Jason dug them by hand.  

have to go with the FVJ design, it's too plain and seems to be the base for alot of merchandise and his look in Mortal Kombat

20 minutes ago, Maddogg_8121 said:

I actually liked the tunnel twist.  It explains how he got around so fast without morphing or shifting.  It wouldn't be that far fetched to assume that those were closed down mine systems for that area.  I doubt Jason dug them by hand.  

I also like how they took characters from the first few movies and worked them in,like the protagonist is they hitchhiker from part 4 looking for his sister .

1 minute ago, JJ-ROXX said:

have to go with the FVJ design, it's too plain and seems to be the base for alot of merchandise and his look in Mortal Kombat

I agree , J to R o c!

1 minute ago, Syomare said:

I agree , J to R o c!

I'm assuming thats from trailer park boys. I could be wrong.

1 hour ago, Maddogg_8121 said:

I guess I like the mystique of some things left unanswered in that regard. ?

I don't know what they would have been mining in shallow tunnels in the back woods of New Jersey either. It wasn't a deal breaker for me enjoying the movie, but it seemed an odd choice.

8 minutes ago, Alkavian said:

I guess I like the mystique of some things left unanswered in that regard. ?

I don't know what they would have been mining in shallow tunnels in the back woods of New Jersey either. It wasn't a deal breaker for me enjoying the movie, but it seemed an odd choice.

I hear what you are saying, but I like thinking of it that way just for my mind's sake.  

9 hours ago, TiffanyCox said:

Part 9 was the only film I haven't seen.  I know everyone will hate on me for not seeing it <_< but I didn't want to waste money on it if it wasn't a great movie. You must know from experience? Is Jason goes to Hell a good film?

No, it is not a good film overall. The beginning was pretty awesome, Creighton Duke was a badass, some of the story arcs are...interesting, and the ending is where you get the teaser for Freddy vs. Jason, albeit a decade before the movie actually happened. I am a completionist, so I own it on DVD and BluRay. My advice would be to rent/stream it if you have the chance, but I wouldn't buy it unless your an OCD lunatic that has to have the complete series (like me :lol:).

9 hours ago, Syomare said:

What I don't understand is, if everyone hates it,then way was it the most voted for to be in this game ?

Actually, that is the great thing about movies. Not everyone hated it, but I do believe it is one of the most reviled films of the series. The thing is, a lot of people liked Jason's look in the small amount of screen time that he actually had. I think he was one of the scariest looking Jasons in the franchise, and I enjoy playing as him in the game.

P.S. I voted for kid Jason. I do not mean the great makeup job that Savini did on that kid in the first one. I mean the chubby, whining little turd that they inexplicably added to Part 8.

12 hours ago, deathbat96777 said:

I always hated pre-uber Jason. It just looks so uncreative and poorly thrown together. He looks fat, he doesn't even have a bald cap of any kind to make him look disfigured, etc. Even his eyes look completely normal. It's literally just Kane Hodder wearing a hockey mask with no make up underneath. Yes, we do see his face design in the scene where they pull his mask up, but for the most part, that Jason just looks like a big guy in a mask. 

My thoughts exactly. It just seemed so damn lazy.

I note I'm the only one who voted for this, but my vote is Part 4. Why? Because I'm a nut for canon and consistency. (when, apparently, most of the directors were not.)

The director explained away the stark differences between Parts 2 and 3 Jason (supposed to take place one day apart) by saying the redheaded, long-haired Jason was IMAGINED by Ginny, so we're to expect that Jason looked like Part 3 Jason under the potato sack all along. Okay, I'll buy that.

But Part 4?? Once again, the events of this film occur ONE DAY after the events of Part 3. Jason now has a differently deformed head, a totally different sag-eye, and long, BLACK fingernails. After ONE DAY. There also appears to be a rather noticeable height difference. It's always been distracting to me. I just can't get around that.

1 hour ago, Cokeyskunk said:

I note I'm the only one who voted for this, but my vote is Part 4. Why? Because I'm a nut for canon and consistency. (when, apparently, most of the directors were not.)

The director explained away the stark differences between Parts 2 and 3 Jason (supposed to take place one day apart) by saying the redheaded, long-haired Jason was IMAGINED by Ginny, so we're to expect that Jason looked like Part 3 Jason under the potato sack all along. Okay, I'll buy that.

But Part 4?? Once again, the events of this film occur ONE DAY after the events of Part 3. Jason now has a differently deformed head, a totally different sag-eye, and long, BLACK fingernails. After ONE DAY. There also appears to be a rather noticeable height difference. It's always been distracting to me. I just can't get around that.

You can't say this :mellow: Part 4 is amazing. My favorite Jason to play! He doesn't look as good as some, but he is my top 5. And who knows...maybe he took a stroll to the discount store and picked up some XXXL clothing :D 

4 minutes ago, TiffanyCox said:

You can't say this :mellow: Part 4 is amazing. My favorite Jason to play! He doesn't look as good as some, but he is my top 5. And who knows...maybe he took a stroll to the discount store and picked up some XXXL clothing :D 

Don't get me wrong - I'm not mad at the game character. I'm mad at the design of the film character. At least the director of part 3 made an EFFORT to justify his change. Part 4's director just decided to toss out consistency and make him creepier-lookin'. 

I'd like to give him a high-five.

. . . in the face.

. . . with a chair. 

Just now, Cokeyskunk said:

Don't get me wrong - I'm not mad at the game character. I'm mad at the design of the film character. At least the director of part 3 made an EFFORT to justify his change. Part 4's director just decided to toss out consistency and make him creepier-lookin'. 

I'd like to give him a high-five.

. . . in the face.

. . . with a chair. 

So did you expect somewhat the same clothing? Same mask with the axe damage? I feel everything is to worn, and it was brand new in Part 3. 

1 minute ago, TiffanyCox said:

So did you expect somewhat the same clothing? Same mask with the axe damage? I feel everything is to worn, and it was brand new in Part 3. 

That would be nice, along with the other things I mentioned in the last paragraph of my OP.

• Like 1

It always bugged me that Part 4's clothes were different, but it was never enough of a gripe to make me hate it or anything.