Sign in to follow this  
Soxette

Anyone else get blue screen often as host PS4?

PS4: Whenever I'm the host, it's highly likely that I will get the blue screen at some point.  Its very sporadic.  It may happen after 5 minutes or even before the match starts or after a half hour, hour or two.  II feel so bad when it happens especially for Jason and when it happens close to the end of a match.  Of course, it never seems to happen when people are cheating/trolling.  Go figure.

I have high-speed Internet (200 mbps) and I don't have this issue when I play other online games or during streaming.  And if I'm not the host, it doesn't happen.  Sometimes I'm lucky and can play as the host for hours before it happens, but it will eventually happen I'd say 90% of the time.  Not good.  I'm just wondering if others have encountered this issue.  

This is a known issue. There are topics relating to this thread already. If you have a bug you can report it. I have definitely witnessed this multiple times, this happens with many games and it could also be a game crash. Sorry, I don't really know why it happens but we all have been blue-screened. :huh:

Since the recent patch the game crashes more than ever. If I play a 3 hour session, it crashes about 3 times, once an hour, or every few games. It’s pathetic. 

6 hours ago, Soxette said:

PS4: Whenever I'm the host, it's highly likely that I will get the blue screen at some point.  Its very sporadic.  It may happen after 5 minutes or even before the match starts or after a half hour, hour or two.  II feel so bad when it happens especially for Jason and when it happens close to the end of a match.  Of course, it never seems to happen when people are cheating/trolling.  Go figure.

I have high-speed Internet (200 mbps) and I don't have this issue when I play other online games or during streaming.  And if I'm not the host, it doesn't happen.  Sometimes I'm lucky and can play as the host for hours before it happens, but it will eventually happen I'd say 90% of the time.  Not good.  I'm just wondering if others have encountered this issue.  

Yeah it happens to me and it usually happens when someone with low ping is trying to join me.

Yep. Every single time I host. Often times it happens before the first match gets started. Love Sony's send error report prompt after it happens too. It's like a troll come to life and laughing in my face.

55 minutes ago, bewareofbears said:

As time goes on, it becomes more apparent that these types of issues will never be resolved.

Yep. This blue screen problem is something I've dealt with since release on PS4, and it's shown no sign of improvement at any point. I made so many posts on it I simply gave up talking about it.

Likely something which will never get fixed, either they don't give a shit about it or just don't know what to do. There's no way they aren't aware of it by now (several months of reports) so those are the only explanations. I do know it's nothing to do with anyone's PS4, it's a problem specifically with this game.

You'd think an issue concerning the most basic functionality of the game would be a top priority, but evidently not for them.

• Like 1

@Tommy86

I have a feeling we're on the tail-end of the development cycle of not just content but fixes too. As far as I can tell, this is the game and this is how it's always going to be. I mentioned this elsewhere but a human being can grow inside a womb and be born in 9 months yet these guys are still leaving us with issues from the beta.

7 hours ago, bewareofbears said:

@Tommy86

I have a feeling we're on the tail-end of the development cycle of not just content but fixes too. As far as I can tell, this is the game and this is how it's always going to be. I mentioned this elsewhere but a human being can grow inside a womb and be born in 9 months yet these guys are still leaving us with issues from the beta.

Don't let Jason die on me man :sadchappa::pocketknife: