This is a bug that some of us have been discussing as of late.  Apparently, on Jason's screen you are standing still at the car still.  

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Maddogg_8121 said:

This is a bug that some of us have been discussing as of late.  Apparently, on Jason's screen you are standing still at the car still.  

Thanks for the info

1 hour ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

Yeah that's a bug, but it's hilarious. It's lag. The information of you running away had not reached Jason's computer yet, therefore he grabs you.

Not very funny to me, seeing as it's kinda game breaking. I figured it had either something to do with lag or the game just being shitty.

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

Drive with a pocket knife.

As I did, but it's dumb because you have to use a pocket knife when you shouldn't need to.

Just now, BetsyPalmer said:

No one escapes perfectly 100% of the time.

True but that's why you have pocket knife insurance if your driving. Considering this is an advantage for Jason you can be sure it will be patched out. Just switch tactics for now. That's all you can do. 

I've encountered this issue a couple times before. I exited the 4 seater and ran quite a distance only to be pulled back everytime Jason threw out a grab or a slash. I couldn't tell if it was either a glitch or "teleportation lag" from connection issues.

6 minutes ago, silencedeffect said:

I've encountered this issue a couple times before. I exited the 4 seater and ran quite a distance only to be pulled back everytime Jason threw out a grab or a slash. I couldn't tell if it was either a glitch or "teleportation lag" from connection issues.

It's most likely a bug. I have encountered this a lot. It's very annoying. 

I don't think this is lag.  I think it is a bug. It happens to the host and to my knowledge the host doesn't have lag, correct?  Or am I completely wrong?  I know the host gets frame rate issues, but not lag from what I hear.  

28 minutes ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

Isn't the issue at hand about lag letting Jason suck you in with a GRAB?

I don't think it happens because of lag (maybe I'm wrong though). I was just saying that having a pocketknife isn't always going to work if Jason decides to slash instead of grab. 

1 minute ago, IronKnight55 said:

I don't think it happens because of lag (maybe I'm wrong though). I was just saying that having a pocketknife isn't always going to work if Jason decides to slash instead of grab. 

Right but the thread is about the grab issue.

12 hours ago, BetsyPalmer said:

This is very ridiculous... I was FAR from him. This happens to everyone I know with the car. Played on PS4.

Yeah there's a glitch with car right now which is why unless you're very confident with your driving or have a pocket knife there's no reason you should be the driver.

The pocket knife didn't/doesn't help, that's how you break out of him pulling you out of the car, then you go rubber banding back when you're climbing in a window. Maybe two pocket knives.

This is not a bug, it is working exactly as intended and is due to lag.  When someone’s latency is in the 300ms+ range, you will see this happen and there isn’t anything that can be done to change it.  You either have to go with the telemetry from Jason, or that of the counselor, you can’t have it both ways.  It would be unfair for Jason to be forced to go by what the counselor sees, just as it would be unfair for the counselor to go by what Jason sees, when performing an offensive action.  The ONLY FIX would be to ensure that latency is below 250ms for everyone in the lobby, but we already know their thoughts on that.

48 minutes ago, Kaelum said:

This is not a bug, it is working exactly as intended and is due to lag.  When someone’s latency is in the 300ms+ range, you will see this happen and there isn’t anything that can be done to change it.  You either have to go with the telemetry from Jason, or that of the counselor, you can’t have it both ways.  It would be unfair for Jason to be forced to go by what the counselor sees, just as it would be unfair for the counselor to go by what Jason sees, when performing an offensive action.  The ONLY FIX would be to ensure that latency is below 250ms for everyone in the lobby, but we already know their thoughts on that.

It is a glitch and isn't determined by ping. I've had this happen to me countless of times(and others as well) and I'm always playing at anywhere from 32 to 100 ping. Mostly in the lower end.

Sometimes when you exit the car you can stuck in place or get sent to some weird under the map part of the map and for everyone else, you'll be stuck in that place or slowly walking around/by the car. But on your screen you can be all the way across the map, but jason can still grab you because your body is still by the car.

Even pocket knives can't always save you because even if you break out, you can still end up glitched and back in that spot ready for jason to grab you again. This sometimes also gives you infinite pocket knives, but I'm not sure what triggers that.

46 minutes ago, Man In A Pickle said:

It is a glitch and isn't determined by ping. I've had this happen to me countless of times(and others as well) and I'm always playing at anywhere from 32 to 100 ping. Mostly in the lower end.

Sometimes when you exit the car you can stuck in place or get sent to some weird under the map part of the map and for everyone else, you'll be stuck in that place or slowly walking around/by the car. But on your screen you can be all the way across the map, but jason can still grab you because your body is still by the car.

Even pocket knives can't always save you because even if you break out, you can still end up glitched and back in that spot ready for jason to grab you again. This sometimes also gives you infinite pocket knives, but I'm not sure what triggers that.

Yeah, I don't think this is due to your connection at all. In fact all players other than yourself, see you standing there (not just Jason). I think at first glance it looks like lag, but the only way I could see that happening if somehow exiting the car forces your connection to drop. Whatever it is it's really annoying.

48 minutes ago, Dolemite said:

Who cares, you used one of your 47,000 pockets knives to escape anyway.

There is alot of knives, but there at most like 7.

Just go part 3 and slash people down if pocket knives trigger you that much.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1