2 hours ago, Kaelum said:

This is not a bug, it is working exactly as intended and is due to lag.  When someone’s latency is in the 300ms+ range, you will see this happen and there isn’t anything that can be done to change it.  You either have to go with the telemetry from Jason, or that of the counselor, you can’t have it both ways.  It would be unfair for Jason to be forced to go by what the counselor sees, just as it would be unfair for the counselor to go by what Jason sees, when performing an offensive action.  The ONLY FIX would be to ensure that latency is below 250ms for everyone in the lobby, but we already know their thoughts on that.

I agree but disagree. Yes, it's not a bug and is lag -- but insisting the fix lies with the players' speed is ridiculous. They could build in a ping -- even if delayed -- to let the system know the counselor actually ran away, and correct it. Yes, it will piss Jasons off, but it will be technically fair. And a fix.

3 hours ago, Kaelum said:

This is not a bug, it is working exactly as intended and is due to lag.  When someone’s latency is in the 300ms+ range, you will see this happen and there isn’t anything that can be done to change it.  You either have to go with the telemetry from Jason, or that of the counselor, you can’t have it both ways.  It would be unfair for Jason to be forced to go by what the counselor sees, just as it would be unfair for the counselor to go by what Jason sees, when performing an offensive action.  The ONLY FIX would be to ensure that latency is below 250ms for everyone in the lobby, but we already know their thoughts on that.

This isn't lag.  It isn't.  Everyone I've played with, myself included, have been in the 50-150ms range.  That isn't even enough to mess with the car driving view.  And this NEVER happened prior to this update.  It is something that was introduced with this most recent patch.  I don't know exactly what it is, but it isn't ping lag.  Pings have been really good lately.  Not trying to argue, but I'm not buying the lag due to connection debate.  

^this my friend had 35 ms and was grabbed by a 70 ms jason like 10 seconds after getting out of the car (jason got stunned twice by me before my weapon broke and i ran off) 

57 minutes ago, Maddogg_8121 said:

This isn't lag.  It isn't.  Everyone I've played with, myself included, have been in the 50-150ms range.  That isn't even enough to mess with the car driving view.  And this NEVER happened prior to this update.  It is something that was introduced with this most recent patch.  I don't know exactly what it is, but it isn't ping lag.  Pings have been really good lately.  Not trying to argue, but I'm not buying the lag due to connection debate.  

I have never witnessed this at all? I notice it pops up a lot lately though. 

3 minutes ago, TiffanyCox said:

I have never witnessed this at all? I notice it pops up a lot lately though. 

Give it time.  It will show.  Only way I think it may be lag is if it is a server issue.  Let's face it.  Servers are less than stellar. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Maddogg_8121 said:

Give it time.  It will show.  Only way I think it may be lag is if it is a server issue.  Let's face it.  Servers are less than stellar. 

It sucks though, hopefully it gets resolved. I won't be able to play for about a month starting this Saturday, so I will be around the forums more often! My feelings right now: :)/:(

51 minutes ago, TiffanyCox said:

It sucks though, hopefully it gets resolved. I won't be able to play for about a month starting this Saturday, so I will be around the forums more often! My feelings right now: :)/:(

My ps plus runs out the 17th.  

1 minute ago, Maddogg_8121 said:

My ps plus runs out the 17th.  

The thing is, i am not paying for this upcoming month, got a few things to pay for. Hopefully the game gets fixed by then so i can come home to a fresh game...probably not though :wacko:

I don't even bother driving the car anymore.  For every issue these guys fix they cause 3 more issues.  Laughable.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, MJDrocks said:

I don't even bother driving the car anymore.  For every issue these guys fix they cause 3 more issues.  Laughable.

The cars are also way slower. I can drive away from a Part 7 and he can go like 100 meters in front of me! I don't understand. But as a pro Jason player it feels great they are giving Jason some buffs. But not the ones we asked for...

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Man In A Pickle said:

...I'm always playing at anywhere from 32 to 100 ping. Mostly in the lower end.

And what is the latency of Jason?  What you fail to realize is that it is NOT only your latency that matters, it is your latency PLUS that of Jason’s.  The simple fact that everyone here is missing is that Jason grabbed the OP before Jason received the telemetry that the OP began running.  The telemetry that the OP was grabbed didn’t reach the OP until you see that the OP is in Jason’s grip, which is the OPs latency + Jason’s latency, seconds later.  The bottom line is, if you are that close to Jason, expect to get slashed or grabbed, and that your screen will update once your game client has received the telemetry.  This is how PvP works over the Internet, and always has.

Also, there are lag spikes.  These occur when a packet gets lost, and then the host has to resend it.  This also could have occurred here.  Gun has always said that you should be afraid of Jason.  Those who listen, and have the proper skills, have a better chance on making it out alive.

4 minutes ago, Kaelum said:

And what is the latency of Jason?  What you fail to realize is that it is NOT only your latency that matters, it is your latency PLUS that of Jason’s.  The simple fact that everyone here is missing is that Jason grabbed the OP before Jason received the telemetry that the OP began running.  The telemetry that the OP was grabbed didn’t reach the OP until you see that the OP is in Jason’s grip, which is the OPs latency + Jason’s latency, seconds later.  The bottom line is, if you are that close to Jason, expect to get slashed or grabbed, and that your screen will update once your game client has received the telemetry.  This is how PvP works over the Internet, and always has.

I'm sorry, but it's not lag.

It happens when the driver of the car gets out after the car has been crashed or has been stopped by jason then when you get out, you get bugged and trapped in car hell.

1 hour ago, MJDrocks said:

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you one of the best drivers and Jasons I've had the pleasure of playing with.  No shit, this guy is top notch.  It baffles me how well he plays this game.  Even in its current state.  

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Maddogg_8121 said:

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you one of the best drivers and Jasons I've had the pleasure of playing with.  No shit, this guy is top notch.  It baffles me how well he plays this game.  Even in its current state.  

Thanks Maddogg, I appreciate the kind words.  The only way I'm driving from now on is if I have everyone that wants in the car already there because if I have to ride around and find people - death sentence lol.

9 minutes ago, MJDrocks said:

Thanks Maddogg, I appreciate the kind words.  The only way I'm driving from now on is if I have everyone that wants in the car already there because if I have to ride around and find people - death sentence lol.

I hear ya, man.  With this bug and the way the car was slowed down I don't blame you.  I was able to catch buggzy bot in the two seater with j2's shift yesterday.  It's crazy how slow it is now.  

2 minutes ago, Maddogg_8121 said:

I hear ya, man.  With this bug and the way the car was slowed down I don't blame you.  I was able to catch buggzy bot with j2's shift yesterday.  It's crazy how slow it is now.  

Haha thats crazy.  Did we ever get word if the slow down was a glitch or intended?

31 minutes ago, MJDrocks said:

Haha thats crazy.  Did we ever get word if the slow down was a glitch or intended?

No word yet.  Devs have maintained radio silence. 

@Maddogg_8121

Maybe they have a surprise for us? Hopefully we can get word of some upcoming DLC/fixes soon. I would love to see a updated roadmap! :) 

3 minutes ago, TiffanyCox said:

@Maddogg_8121

Maybe they have a surprise for us? Hopefully we can get word of some upcoming DLC/fixes soon. I would love to see a updated roadmap! :) 

If so, it will come from shifty.  Ben stops in here every now and then, but not often.  The other guys never come in here anymore. 

15 hours ago, Man In A Pickle said:

I'm sorry, but it's not lag.

It happens when the driver of the car gets out after the car has been crashed or has been stopped by jason then when you get out, you get bugged and trapped in car hell.

Agreed! It's not lag. It started happening after this last patch and it only happens when you get out of the driver side of the car (at least that is my experience).

1 minute ago, IronKnight55 said:

Agreed! It's is not lag. It started happening after this last patch and it's only when you get out of the driver side of the car. 

Exactly.  Never happened before the patch.  Something is askew.  Wish one of the devs would chime in and at least see if it is something they know about and what they think it is.  Wish in one hand and.... well, you know the rest. 

On 1/9/2018 at 10:14 PM, BetsyPalmer said:

This is very ridiculous... I was FAR from him. This happens to everyone I know with the car. Played on PS4.

This is extra stupid. The game was fine before. Now it's damage control that's doing even more damage to control at some later point.

In all seriousness though, how many of you have had people exit a car, successfully evade your grasp, and get a decent running lead on you? I always thought that was dumb. If you're exiting a car and someone is standing just outside of it, you should be screwed, just like IRL.

IMO, it looks wierd because the devs aren't very skilled, apparently. Ironically, this was my justification for the so-called force grab from earlier (read: more fun) versions of the game. If you got within a certain reasonable distance from Jason, ie. 5 or 6 ft., You should be screwed. I think a big part of the complaints about 'force-grab' was due to programmer error rather than faulty game balance (read: it didn't look convincing. It looked like a force-grab). 

But, like I said in another thread: the clock is ticking and my patience isn't running thin, it's running out.

On 1/9/2018 at 10:19 PM, Maddogg_8121 said:

This is a bug that some of us have been discussing as of late.  Apparently, on Jason's screen you are standing still at the car still.  

Yeah some guy was giving me crap the other night claiming he ran off and hid behind a rock after using a knife. He was standing right in front of me on my screen so I grabbed him.