Lady_goldfish

Do you ever purge your friends list?

I scroll through dozens of names to see who is online and a very large chunk of my friends haven't played the same game as I am in months to years. There are tons of people on it I can't even remember playing with, have never spoken a word to, only see them playing things I never have, or they haven't logged on in forever. 

I'm scared it would be rude to delete them though :$ 

1 minute ago, Lady_goldfish said:

I scroll through dozens of names to see who is online and a very large chunk of my friends haven't played the same game as I am in months to years. There are tons of people on it I can't even remember playing with, have never spoken a word to, only see them playing things I never have, or they haven't logged on in forever. 

If someone doesn't ever catch up with me I delete them. I only keep friends I talk to often and play with often.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, TiffanyCox said:

If someone doesn't ever catch up with me I delete them. I only keep friends I talk to often and play with often.

Hey, sorry I missed your invites the other day. I was AFK for much of it. :(

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cokeyskunk said:

Hey, sorry I missed your invites the other day. I was AFK for much of it. :(

No, don't worry :D I didn't remove you! I would have thought you were!

On 1/9/2018 at 2:37 PM, Lady_goldfish said:

If you don't ever play with them, and don't ever talk to them, what is the point in keeping them on your friend's list? You also said that you don't even remember playing with or speaking to some of them. Delete 'em and be done with it.  I honestly don't think they would even notice. And, it will help clean up your friend's list to the point that you just can easily find the people that you do like to game with. 

• Like 1

I've got to, really. Some people on there from when I was playing the Mass Effect 3 multiplayer back around...2014 or so, and haven't seen since.

I did feel bad for a while that people would notice and be upset but, really, yeah, most won't notice and particularly if they have a large friends list already.

• Like 1

I got rid of over 130 people that used to play this game but don't anymore or who never respond to invites.  I need to get rid of more, but haven't yet.  

I just did a small purge.  I look and see who they are also friends with.  If we have a bunch in common I may of just forgotten about them and usually leave them.  

I am over 400 friends now. Most have moved on from this game so a major purge will happen soon. 

I have done this several times over the years. Guess it is just spring cleaning.