Hello,

(I did not see a thread started, relating to what strategies are used for Jason since we all know he needs a buff or a downgrade from counselors)

Strategy #1:

Be honest...Do you Slash? How do you go about slashing your victims? Placing traps? Taking out Power? Throwing Knives?

Strategy #2: 

Stalker...How often do you use it? Do you do the norm, placing traps, powerboxes, and throwing knives? How do you use stalk? Morph ahead of counselor and wait? let them run farther ahead, activate stalk then shift? Morph to...per say the phone? Activate stalk immediately and wait until they leave the cabin?

Strategy #3:

The Norm...or just kill people to relieve stress :D 

Strategy #4:

Shifter...I would love to see someone actually get great grab kills after shifting nowa days.

Do you have your own strategy that I didn't put down? (There is probably multiple)

I usually mix Strategy #2 and #3. I love using Stalk to my advantage but I love making little kids scream and rage quit once I kill them.

How do you go about juking? Will you slash until they are limping? Do you just get pissed and slash kill? Do you run away *wuss*?

• Like 1

Rule 1.  Trap objectives.  Remember now that even car doors can be effectively trapped.  DON"T WASTE THEM ON WINDOWS

Rule 2.  Get to the phone box and if you spot a smart counselor nearby, kill them if you can, but if you can't run them off and burn their stamina, go to a car, trap it, return to the fuse box and spot check for counselor, go to next car and trap it.  If during that time you don't encounter a genuinely problematic counselor that is carrying a vehicle part, CHECK THAT PHONE BOX AND KILL WHOEVER GETS NEAR IT.  Point is, bounce around.  Make the counselors afraid to venture alone after an objective because they know you'll be back before they can complete it and won't want to risk getting trapped in a mini-game.

Rule 3.  Give yourself a quick kill in your grab-kill list that you can easily key up.  Headpunch or something super simple and quick like that is ideal.  This way counselors won't have time to start a vehicle during a kill animation.  This is especially important because they are simple and ready up faster, which you really need when being swarmed.  

Rule 4.  There is NO shame in combat stance and slashing.  It breaks weapons and nullifies pocket knives.  If you need to clear a cluster of counselors or keep them from being able to work an objective, this is crucial.  

Rule 5.  Learn to drum the E button.  Alternate forefinger and middle finger and speed tap that button to decrease recovery time.  It's perfectly legit and part of the game.  Use it.

Rule 6.  Don't let Tommy distract you.  Unless he is actively fixing an objective, don't chase him down until last.  He is just there to burn time for other counselors.  Just keep an eye on him as you patrol objectives. Also, he is a counselor magnet, and his increased stamina makes him prone to abandoning tired counselors without realizing it.  Use that false sense of comfort to maximum effect and kill the before his helpless eyes mwhahahaha.

...pardon me.

Rule 7.  Don't get tunneled.  Vanessa, Tiffany, and Bugsy are NOT fixers, but they will run you ragged if you let them.  If you find you're spending more than 20 to 30 seconds on them, LEAVE THEM BE.  If they attempt to fix something, it will take them a long time and they will probably screw it up and alert you.  Find the smart counselors they are trying to keep you away from.

Rule 8.  Prioritize.  Sometimes the RNG just feeds you the chickenbone.  If you HAVE to make a choice, close off the path that leaves the widest opening.  In other words, if you know both cars are about to be fixed, make sure to keep the four-seater from escaping.  

Rule 9.  When entering a zone after Stalk comes available, enter stalk THEN morph, use sense, and shift.  With luck, they won't see you coming and BAM..shift grab executed.

Rule 10.  Never rage-quit.  Even crappy matches can teach you something about being a better Jason.  Rage-quitting a match because you know your numbers will suck only deprives you of an opportunity to learn.  People will respect a Jason that is still learning FAR FAR more than a rage-quitter.    

Rule 11.  Choose a main.  Playing Jason effectively means learning that Jason's rhythm.  Every Jason can be effectively played once you put in the time to learn how to best utilize his strengths and mitigate the drawbacks of his weaknesses.  Find one you enjoy the most, perhaps in Offline mode so you can play them one after another to compare, then set him as your guy and...as Rhianna would say..work work work work work work work.

Rule 12.  Be encouraging to players.  It is certainly OK to goof off and make jokes at Jason during the match, it's all part of the strategy and fun of the game. But after the match, give a verbal high five or SOMETHING to show it was all in good fun and that you enjoyed the player's efforts.  The trash talk should always be directed at Jason, not the player driving him.  This will go a long way in building a strong playerbase community and make the game more appealing to those wanting to learn the ropes.  Better Jasons just means more fun for all of us.

Hope that helps.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

17 minutes ago, Dapper Dragon said:

Rule 12.  Be encouraging to players.  It is certainly OK to goof off and make jokes at Jason during the match, it's all part of the strategy and fun of the game. But after the match, give a verbal high five or SOMETHING to show it was all in good fun and that you enjoyed the player's efforts.  The trash talk should always be directed at Jason, not the player driving him.  This will go a long way in building a strong playerbase community and make the game more appealing to those wanting to learn the ropes.  Better Jasons just means more fun for all of us.

Of course it helps if the other players in the lobby are using mics, but otherwise, I wholeheartedly agree. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Dapper Dragon said:

Hope that helps.

This is just what I was looking for! Thank you :)

• Like 1

I start by knocking out power closest to the phone box and then trap it.  The cars I could careless about because I'm confident in my ability to stop them, even more now since cars are a bit slower since last patch and shift can catch them.  Knocking out power is critical now more than ever to reduce stamina regen of Vanessa. I slash to cripple players and grab them.  Even if they have a pocket knife, they have to exhaust a few seconds to heal with a med spray while I pry the knife out of my neck. 

Knocking out power boxes is very important and something I don't see most Jason's doing. Counselors with high stamina and low composure can't kite forever when power is out.  This is the key to dealing with Vanessa late game.  I always slash Tommy.  Its very difficult for him to get off an accurate shotgun blast when you are on top of him.  Slash on car when it is stopped as well. 

If an objective skill check fails, I spawn near the objective but not at the objective.  For one, the counselors can't tell you morphed there and then you can shift the distance to catch them off guard.  This is obviously more effective with STALK, but now that counselors YELP when Jason is nearby it becomes a problem if you morph on top of them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IronCatFish said:

I start by knocking out power closest to the phone box and then trap it.  The cars I could careless about because I'm confident in my ability to stop them, even more now since cars are a bit slower since last patch and shift can catch them.  Knocking out power is critical now more than ever to reduce stamina regen of Vanessa. I slash to cripple players and grab them.  Even if they have a pocket knife, they have to exhaust a few seconds to heal with a med spray while I pry the knife out of my neck. 

Knocking out power boxes is very important and something I don't see most Jason's doing. Counselors with high stamina and low composure can't kite forever when power is out.  This is the key to dealing with Vanessa late game.  I always slash Tommy.  Its very difficult for him to get off an accurate shotgun blast when you are on top of him.  Slash on car when it is stopped as well. 

If an objective skill check fails, I spawn near the objective but not at the objective.  For one, the counselors can't tell you morphed there and then you can shift the distance to catch them off guard.  This is obviously more effective with STALK, but now that counselors YELP when Jason is nearby it becomes a problem if you morph on top of them.

I agree knocking out power is important but putting a trap on the power box near the phone is a waste because you can still call the cops without power.

2 minutes ago, IronCatFish said:

Whoops.  Meant to say trap phone box, not power.

Oh okay lol that's where I morph to first also but I personally suck at stoping the car so I trap those but other than that me and you have the same strategy.

I slash until they are dead or at least start limping. I also treat trapping the phone box and four seater as a priority over trapping the two seater.

I think I’m getting the hang of shift grabbing and using Stalk successfully.

My strategy:

1. start of with a prayer for low ping
  2. click quick play
  3. Count backwards from 3 and say "now" while waving my fingers at the screen like I'm casting a spell. 
  4. Repeat step 3 until I connect to a lobby that isn't me by myself. 
  5. Another prayer for a complete round without host or Jason leaving. 
  • Haha 1

1) turn on PS4

2) load up F13

3) go to customize.  Go to spawn preference.  Set as counselor.  

4) back out of customize.  

5) scroll to and click on offline.  

6) choose bot play

7) choose map in order of appearance. 

8) choose random Jason. 

9) choose max counselors and leave on normal mode.  

10) kill some bots.  Rinse, lather, repeat.  

11) wait til Thursday and Friday to play private matches and continue to make sure preference is set to counselor.  

As Jason I just try to be relentless. I like to Stalk when a door is already broken. I rely on slashing if I am Jason 3,4 and shift grab with 8. If I am Jason 4 I just trap the phone box and around the phone box. I like having destruction because getting into cabins quicker is a plus. I break as many windows as I can. A little damage is still damage even if my target has a ton of health sprays. Running down your target is useful because Jason has unlimited stamina. Even Vanessa has to stop once in a while. Sense+Stalk+Shift+Grab is a great way to land a Shift grab. They don't know your coming and they are lit up like a christmas tree. Just Shift in front of the target on the left side for a grab. Always have a quick grab kill selected for combat with large groups of attackers trying to mug you. Morph away from them and then Shift into the crowd. Even if the person you grab has a knife you can use this Morph+Shift tactic to wear down a mob. Sooner or later your going to grab someone who dosen't have a knife. When you do walk one step away from the group and kill them. Use Shift to stop the car. If the target is moving backwards Shift to the rear of the car. You don't even need to hit a button/key to stop it just connect with the rear of the car. Get good at stopping the car and you can use it as bait. Target high repair characters and wipe them out. Save the faster characters for later. There are some players such as myself that can repair with 1 or 2 in repair but they are few and far between. 

trap the phone and 4 seater, i try to be create as jason and grab kills but iv found my self slashing more and more which i hate when someone kills me slashing, i have tried slashing until injured the grabbing also.

i use a lot of knives as i found it challenging and fun

the grabbing however has become a joke you cannot win iv been stood next to players and grabbing like a retard only for it to not register, oh and everyone has 10 pocket knives

but then as a councillor i keep finding im getting grabbed out of arms reach by jasons

I’m definitely known as the slasher in my group.

I have a friend who’s still really good at shift grabs despite the grab nerf, but of course they immediately break free with a pocket knife. 

As Jason i put three traps in shack entrance and two on phone well placed with a little strategy allowing me to get the traps very close of each others i slash when i see that i have underestimated the players i've met by taking control back Hahaha ( evil laugh ) 

As counselor i use the weakness Jason has against him i talk about ( loop , outrun Jason without sprinting , car crash to hit him with friend etc... ) i'm very cooperative and kind with teamates Female players included since this patch i play Lachappa mostly and manage to escape as 90-95% of the time i mostly die because i kite Jason and he slashing.

1 hour ago, xllxENIGMAxllx said:

I ason i put three traps in shack entrance and two on phone well placed with a little strategy allowing me to get the traps very close of each others i slash when i see that i have underestimated the players i've met by taking control back Hahaha ( evil laugh ) 

As counselor i use the weakness Jason has against him i talk about ( loop , outrun Jason without sprinting , car crash to hit him with friend etc... ) i'm very cooperative and kind with teamates Female players included since this patch i play Lachappa mostly and manage to escape as 90-95% of the time i mostly die because i kite Jason and he slashing.

I just cant use Lachappa is speed and stamina is so poor that once a jasons ocked onto you you are screwed

Anyone have any Part 7 Jason strategies, specifically? I've been using him lately and rather enjoy it. Feels more like I'm having to watch what is going on and be a little more selective. Practice in offline to get a feel then in QP, fuck it all. He seems to do a little better when people are actually trying to escape but in lobbies full of arm themselves and hide type players it's such a chore. 

26 minutes ago, DasMurich said:

Anyone have any Part 7 Jason strategies, specifically? I've been using him lately and rather enjoy it. Feels more like I'm having to watch what is going on and be a little more selective. Practice in offline to get a feel then in QP, fuck it all. He seems to do a little better when people are actually trying to escape but in lobbies full of arm themselves and hide type players it's such a chore. 

Use stalk and sense to your advantage. Wait it out, never shift onto someone with stalk. Because sometimes they will see the static, and run and because you have slow shift, you can't catch up. Instead, activate stalk and hide in a cabin. Wait for the counselor to come in and lock the door then go for the grab. Fairly easy and always works!

14 hours ago, Maddogg_8121 said:

1) turn on PS4

2) load up F13

3) go to customize.  Go to spawn preference.  Set as counselor.  

4) back out of customize.  

5) scroll to and click on offline.  

6) choose bot play

7) choose map in order of appearance. 

8) choose random Jason. 

9) choose max counselors and leave on normal mode.  

10) kill some bots.  Rinse, lather, repeat.  

11) wait til Thursday and Friday to play private matches and continue to make sure preference is set to counselor.  

Methinks thou tryeth to say more than thou doth sayeth . . . ;)

13 minutes ago, Cokeyskunk said:

Methinks thou tryeth to say more than thou doth sayeth . . . ;)

I don't understand Monty Python speak...eth.  

7 minutes ago, Maddogg_8121 said:

I don't understand Monty Python speak...eth.  

That's actually Old English, but you can call it "Monty Python-speak" if you wish. 

"And the LORD did grin. And the people did feast upon the lambs . . . and sloths . . . and carp . . . and anchovies . . . and orangutans . . . and breakfast cereals . . . and fruit bats . . . and live--"

• Haha 1

Trap the phone box.

Destroy all doors and windows in the phone box house.

Trap both exits/entryways to the phone box house.

Then swing away.

Gets them every time. :D 

14 minutes ago, Jubileet said:

Trap the phone box.

Destroy all doors and windows in the phone box house.

Trap both exits/entryways to the phone box house.

Then swing away.

Gets them every time. :D 

I do the same thing:lol:

13 hours ago, Havince said:

I just cant use Lachappa is speed and stamina is so poor that once a jasons ocked onto you you are screwed

Yes it's a hard mode but Mitch Floyd is pretty much the same and everyone like him if you know how to hit Jason easily stamina shouldn't be a problem plus lachappa is a character made to work in team not lonely even if i manage to escape alone.

My strategy is being half unpredictable and half adaptive. It has won me more victories than I can count.

As Jason, I like to mix it up. I like to play how I feel Kane Hodder would do it in the movies. I know the right time to be there and scare the crap out of you. Then I'm gone. You are on the edge, and I'll toy with you like a cat does with a mouse. Then, you're gone, just like that. I rarely use the same kill twice in a match. If I'm in a lobby with the counselor mob, I'll play like Batman. I'll force you to split up, come to me, and pick you off one by one.

As a counselor, I adapt. The first match in QP with a group is more about learning how they operate. I can pick out the trolls pretty quick by how they act and think. After that first match, if a troll stays, I've got my eye on them, while laying low from Jason. I've got your back if you got mine, and if you don't, you'll get killed by Jason, and give me time to slip away, and find the best escape option.

As Tommy, I'm hunting Jason down. If you're a good Jason, you better keep your eyes on me, because if you don't I'm gonna interfere with your kills.