GunMedia_Ben

A reminder of the function of the Report Button

48 minutes ago, a kamikaze man said:

If you'll excuse the pun, I pushed the button a little too much in regards to another spam attack today. I was ignorant of the physical implications and annoyance I gave to the mod who got all my notifications. Jokes aside just don't do it.

I fail to see the pun?

1 hour ago, a kamikaze man said:

Anyway, would it not be a good idea to have the ability for all users to see when a post or thread has already been reported by another user? For example showing with an icon the comment or topic has already been flagged or on the option to report it comes up saying 1 report already sent? I'm sure this would make life easier for us all and so that the mods don't get 10 reports regarding the same issue even if 10 people only sent 1 report.

I've worked with Ivision boards before. I don't know how much they've changed in the last decade or so, but my experience was that adding little tweaks like the one you suggested is not that easy. You can customize the look (colors, emojis used, etc...) but adding functions to the posts and links is not a point and click type of thing. Of course the people who designed the boards may be able to give more insight about that.

1 hour ago, TheButtonMasher said:

I fail to see the pun?

Sarcasm or not, the link is the word button.

13 minutes ago, Rexfellis said:

I've worked with Ivision boards before. I don't know how much they've changed in the last decade or so, but my experience was that adding little tweaks like the one you suggested is not that easy. You can customize the look (colors, emojis used, etc...) but adding functions to the posts and links is not a point and click type of thing. Of course the people who designed the boards may be able to give more insight about that.

I'll take your word for it, I know how to brake a computer in many ways but I don't have the slightest knowhow in coding or websites - I narrowly got away with an IT qualification by copying and usually pasting my friends work and luckily I've not needed to use it for work since! I was just throwing an idea that might stem the flow of reports to the mods. Even if I send 1 report how do I know every other user hasn't sent one as well? The current setup seems to work fine and to be honest its not that big of a deal if nothing changed because it was too complicated or time consuming.

On 1/9/2018 at 10:22 AM, Cokeyskunk said:

So, just to clarify: I myself use characters when indicating "coarse language", (i.e., "$#!+"), as I really don't care to swear -- but sometimes nothing else is as impactful. However, I have seen many others just using the "coarse language" as relaxed adjectives. Not in anger or toward anyone, they just seem to talk that way casually.  Are they violating the rules by that, or are you more referring to someone being intentionally vulgar?

Appreciate all you do.
- Skunk

You talking about me?! Lol

On 1/9/2018 at 10:44 AM, GunMedia_Ben said:

We'll review when able and take care of it. No need for reports as the mods/admin team will eventually tidy things up. If it's there for more than a day or so, then let us know. 

I think this is a big reason for so many reported posts. We see duplicate threads and (at least for me) first instinct is to flag it. Thanks for clarifying that.

@stoney

I thought you may want to read the OP of this thread as you have a thing about tagging mods (and are likely spamming the report button) because of disagreements.