Jasonlives4ever

Give Tommy more bonus xp points for helping the counselors survive

Hey i'm starting the new thread with the hope that the devs will see this new suggestion to reward players with bonus xp points who play as Tommy and actually help the counselors to survive or escape. This way will give Tommy players more incentive to help instead of being a coward and trying to escape on their own.

I agree, I hate when players as tommy escape right after spawning when they see the option. More xp for helping teammates and fighting Jason and possibly less xp for escaping would be a good fit for the game.

Absolutely agree. When I play Tommy I rush to help the other counselors even when it puts me at risk. I try to distract Jason to give others time to regain stamina, lose Jason, escape in the car. I heal injured counselors where possible. So I'm tired of watching the Tommy showboaters who help no one but themselves.

An XP bonus for helpful Tommy players is certainly something Gun should be looking into at least. 

yeah i also agree with this

but if Tommy player escapes on his own in the 4 seater  then they should get nothing

Edited by T.W

Maybe Tommy shouldn't be able to drive the car and boat? Dunno. Just an instant response to the thread topic. Also, make the Tommy dies within a certain distance from councillors MUCH larger, say at least 50 20 meters. As it is, even if I die, trying to defend others as Tommy, I don´t get any XP because they run away (as they should) as I'm dying.

I know I've gotten bonus XP for helping people escape as Tommy by driving the car out. +25xp or something per person, I'm pretty sure it was. Anyone else?

I guess them being sat in the seats right next to me certainly counts as proximity!

It's a good idea in general. You don't want to hold players by the hand but, really Tommy, help them out.

3 hours ago, DamonD7 said:

I know I've gotten bonus XP for helping people escape as Tommy by driving the car out. +25xp or something per person, I'm pretty sure it was. Anyone else?

I guess them being sat in the seats right next to me certainly counts as proximity!

It's a good idea in general. You don't want to hold players by the hand but, really Tommy, help them out.

yeah something like that in the car I seen it to the couple times i was Tommy and escaped with others 

I'm not sure but I might of  seen it to with the cops if you leave together  but I'm not sure 

I agree. Instead of punishing bad Tommy's, we should be rewarding good Tommy's!

ok here's an idea I have if Tommy player gets every counselor out that's alive when he enters and dies he should get a stay behind bonus

You can't really stop Tommy players escaping in the car or boat...but I do think there should be an invisible "force field" at the exit blocking Tommy making a police escape (as there is before the cops have arrived). I could see the character of Tommy escaping with counselors he has helped in vehicles...but the character escaping solo...running to the cops? Nah, because..."This is between me and Jason". Let him fight Jason to the death - the player has already had an attempt to escape as a counselor (and died) and there's still plenty of opportunity to grind some XP out of Jason in a final showdown as Tommy. 

• Like 1