Sign in to follow this  
DasMurich

Jason Is Made For Beating

Wow. I mean that. I think they nailed it.

From the link above:

"To sum Jason up: You designed him several years just so he can be a poor slasher with no real strength and the only strength he has is a noob-killer making them feel cheated. In a month enough montages and clips will go through youtube that most of your playerbase will have witnessed how to bully a Jason and they will copy and lose all fear."

• Like 2

Yeah, jason should be easy. Not too easy... but after all your in his house. The real challenge should be surviving the damn game against iconic J man. In no way whatsoever should we be talking about how easy it is to escape. We should be on here talking about how damn hard it is to survive. Telling the stories of the "few" times you have survived and what you did to do so. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Tommy86 said:

You must be joking. Bots are no challenge whatsoever. I've gone 8/8 without even allowing myself to walk or run as Jason. 

Ha!

You must be joking. Bots are as hardcore as it gets. Cops called and both cars repaired before I even have stalk. Don't even get me started on Tommy. That fucker killed me once.

Obvious sarcasm is obvious.

13 hours ago, Jballz said:

Yeah, jason should be easy. Not too easy... but after all your in his house. The real challenge should be surviving the damn game against iconic J man. In no way whatsoever should we be talking about how easy it is to escape. We should be on here talking about how damn hard it is to survive. Telling the stories of the "few" times you have survived and what you did to do so. 

It seems incredibly elementary really doesn't it? For some reason the developers just don't get it. 

Good thread. I can assuredly say that all of this is causing online F13 play to wither and ultimately die; right now it is being dominated by bunny-eared dance-party children / girls / beta males, so more and more people are becoming frustrated and signing off.

And they're right to do so. What's the point of playing the game if Jason is not a real threat anymore? The aim of the game has become more of a "social" thing where counselors meet up in a cabin to have a dance party, and be like "LOL . . LOL . .  LOL - Cool devil outfit!". "Wait, let's do something totally cool and go in a group to Jason's hut and have a dance party there . . ROFL".

A message to devs - these people will not be long term players of the game. It looks like you've chosen the "short sale", so typical of businesses nowadays, going for the quick buck. These people will forget about F13, get bored and quit playing after they've had one bunny dance-party too many. Because let's face it, who actually buys a game just for that? A couple of years down the line, online community dies out completely (apart from a few Russian hackers) and we all remember how cool F13 was at the beginning (warts and all).

Fix. it. now.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Splatterhouse said:

It seems incredibly elementary really doesn't it? For some reason the developers just don't get it. 

They got it at first. Then all the pussies complained. Now the game sucks. Offline is all that is bearable. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Charlie Chainsaw said:

They got it at first. Then all the pussies complained. Now the game sucks. Offline is all that is bearable. 

I hate to lose my Playstation Plus this Saturday because I love playing but, when i found out none of my data saves...it looks like I won't be playing for a month or so <_<

On 1/9/2018 at 3:37 AM, WashingtonJones said:

I'm gonna record some bot rounds and post them. I've gotten 3 rounds in a row where I had to do a lot of work to keep objectives from being completed. Today Tommy escaped by the cops, and I always play hard against them, so this was a legit escape.

250m6u8.jpg

There's a good amount of times they won't hide. I'll break a door down, walk in and they'll fake me out and stun me. I play them a lot, mind you, so I get to see a lot of different variables at work.

Mitch called the cops btw.

On 1/9/2018 at 4:19 AM, pApA^LeGBa said:

dude what? they have the same pathes all the time. they get stuck everywhere. they hide like crazy even when you can see them. they go for a swim. the run back into your arms because they dropped their weapon (wich would be a good move, but not if they wait until i can move again when knifed), they hop in a window when you are after them. just to hop back out in your arms again.

calling the cops is useless if no one even attempts to go there. i wanted to know if they dare if i just stand around in the middle of the map. they didn´t. 5 matches. only once tommy went there.

challenge? not the slightest. not even if i do nothing for 2 mins at start it gets challenging. and i played a lot with bots. all the 50 new levels.

there is nothing to sugarcoat here. if you have a bit of experience the bots just suck.

The differences could be due to which console you’re playing on. I have F13 on a PlayStation 4 Pro and an Xbox One X. I’ve noticed that the offline bots on Xbox are much more difficult then anything they do on PlayStation. I’ve also noticed that offline bots on Xbox has rain 🌧 but on PlayStation there is never any rain. However some similarities do occur such as Tommy always getting stuck opening and closing drawers. 

1 hour ago, DarkRicochet117 said:

The differences could be due to which console you’re playing on. I have F13 on a PlayStation 4 Pro and an Xbox One X. I’ve noticed that the offline bots on Xbox are much more difficult then anything they do on PlayStation. I’ve also noticed that offline bots on Xbox has rain 🌧 but on PlayStation there is never any rain. However some similarities do occur such as Tommy always getting stuck opening and closing drawers. 

I play offline bots all the time in Xbox One. And they are fun as hell. Some matches, they are brain dead. Hiding in front of me. But I still love it. My favorite is when they jump out a window, then run around the corner RIGHT into my arms. But about 80% of the time, they can be pretty challenging. They call the cops or fix a car in under 5 minutes. I’ve have them escape in the car a couple times. And with the police. So maybe it is different from console to console. 

Someone please post Xbox matches of offline, because I simply can't believe how anyone but bad players could have a challenging experience against bots.

At the very least maybe I can help you with your Jason gameplay. Because there's no way bots should be escaping via police or cars on you. 

I play on PC and the offline bots are pretty good, but they sometimes get stuck in scenery, decide to go swimming around and around in a circle, and worst of all, have a terrible propensity for hiding in closets and under beds, even when I'm chasing them and can see them.

Still though, it's better than playing online nowadays . . .

I lost my cool as Jason for the first time last night.  I was playing as part 9.  Almost had a stroke lol.  Started off with constant stuns from a counselor behind a window.  Move to the door.  No matter how I hit it, they seemed to always get a stun off whenever I swung.  And the dancing after the stun lol.  Then chasing the person to the next cabin and have to watch as they slowly climb through a broken window with that stupid “force field” preventing any interaction(I realize I probably shouldn’t of spent the effort chasing them as much as I did while everyone got organized).  I give up on them after I hear the phone alert.  I morph over to a group waiting for me with an arsenal.  It was chain stun after chain stun while I watched as they got the call off.  Started to get a bit irritated at this point but was like, ok...it’s fine. More chasing and a lot of missed grabs.  I think what put me over the edge was when I morphed over to the cops I got stuck between the fence and the police and ended up in a constant state of being shot.  That’s when I almost stroked out and said some things that I had no idea were even words lol.  After that fiasco I switched my preference to counselor.  May not go back to Jason until some balance is restored.  But I feel that that’s not going to happen anytime soon so I may as well just take my turn and not get so worked up.  Such a crazy love/hate relationship. 

• Like 1

This is the problem though, it's all by design. It can't work another way. At least right now. Everything Jason does opens him up and that keeps him at a constant disadvantage and he is eternally struggling to regain every precious second that he looses. It is profoundly laborious at times. 

Options: 

- Environmental kills do not come with the prerequisite grab. If Jason and a counselor are in a defined space near an environmental kill Jason can trigger the kill with out first grabbing them. In a stealth and ambush style of gameplay this would keep tension way, way up whenever a counselor was indoors more than out. It would really encourage caution from the counselors.

- Reduce the baseline stamina for counselors across the board. Whatever that line is that stats are based on and can then be improved with perks, drop it. It is easy for a high stamina character with the Marathon perk to jog around the entire map. Slow them down, make them use their stamina a little more sparingly.

- Decrease the number of weapons, maybe even by 50%+ but make them more effective. Strength increases stun time and decreases durability. Deb is going to stun Jason with a machete, but just for a second and it isn't going to break. Buggsy is going to stun Jason for 6 or 7 seconds but he's going to break that thing in the process. Push, again, the choice. Is it better to run around armed or better to carry a battery to get out as soon as you can?

- Leave the number of pocket knives alone and take away the get-out-jail-free card. They can pop traps. That's it. The pocket on knife in the game is from Part 2 and the only reason it was used in Part 2 was to free someone from a trap.

- Keep team killing out, add team damaging. Remove the ability for Jason to kill with slashing, throwing knives, and traps. This should all result in taking a counselor to the point of limping and that's it. Jason has cool kills that you hired Kane to act out and have even given us additions via paid DLC. We want to use them!

- Add environmental kills to the counselor objectives. If you catch a counselor at the phone box then shove the fuse in to their eye socket like the Part 7 party horn kill. If they're putting in the battery grab them by the back of the neck and smash their face against the engine block and slam the hood on them a couple times. Propeller, throat slash, gas tank, beat them with the gas tank? But what about the fuse? The fuse is a permanent repair and once the cops arrive, there they stay until the end of the game. If Jason can inadvertantly, unknowingly, permanently ruin the fuse, why not? 

Maybe they're great ideas, maybe they're shit. Point is the game needs to be a horror game and it needs real tension. If the game play were slowed down and there were greater consequences for players' choices it might help. I highly doubt most Jason players would really mind if the game had more stalk, ambush, scare, and epic kills. I don't think they'd be opposed to a little adjustment to the pace. The counselor players? I'd like it. It could push the game more in Jason's favor, in my opinion it should, but maybe counselors should all get a survival bonus if they can work together to ensure there's that one survivor. Two survivors? Survival bonus x2. 

Okay enough with the novella.

39 minutes ago, DasMurich said:

This is the problem though, it's all by design. It can't work another way. At least right now. Everything Jason does opens him up and that keeps him at a constant disadvantage and he is eternally struggling to regain every precious second that he looses. It is profoundly laborious at times. 

Options: 

- Environmental kills do not come with the prerequisite grab. If Jason and a counselor are in a defined space near an environmental kill Jason can trigger the kill with out first grabbing them. In a stealth and ambush style of gameplay this would keep tension way, way up whenever a counselor was indoors more than out. It would really encourage caution from the counselors.

I don't see this working, some locations would literally be a death trap. Counselors can't see environmental kills and we don't need another instant kill scenario. You would end up feeling cheated by mechanics that unreasonably favor Jason. This would result in more frustration than tension/fun.

- Reduce the baseline stamina for counselors across the board. Whatever that line is that stats are based on and can then be improved with perks, drop it. It is easy for a high stamina character with the Marathon perk to jog around the entire map. Slow them down, make them use their stamina a little more sparingly.

Totally agree here. In fact a complete overhaul of Perks, Stats and Progression is needed. Unfortunately I'm afraid it would just result in another unbalanced situation if it was revamped.

- Decrease the number of weapons, maybe even by 50%+ but make them more effective. Strength increases stun time and decreases durability. Deb is going to stun Jason with a machete, but just for a second and it isn't going to break. Buggsy is going to stun Jason for 6 or 7 seconds but he's going to break that thing in the process. Push, again, the choice. Is it better to run around armed or better to carry a battery to get out as soon as you can?

Agree, decrease the number of weapons based on weapon type / realism. Also rework durability. If weapons break more often and are scarce they will be more valuable.

- Leave the number of pocket knives alone and take away the get-out-jail-free card. They can pop traps. That's it. The pocket on knife in the game is from Part 2 and the only reason it was used in Part 2 was to free someone from a trap.

I like that pocket knives allow you to break away from Jason and I personally think the amount of knives in the game is fitting for a camp ground. But, I do think the whole get out out of jail free should be a manual action on the players end and not an automatic escape. If your inventory vanishes on grab you'll force the player to remember what slot they have their knife in and from this point its the luck of the draw. If Jason decides to kill you first, you're dead. As far as traps go, I'd like to see Jason with more knifes and traps overall it's too scarce. 

- Keep team killing out, add team damaging. Remove the ability for Jason to kill with slashing, throwing knives, and traps. This should all result in taking a counselor to the point of limping and that's it. Jason has cool kills that you hired Kane to act out and have even given us additions via paid DLC. We want to use them!

I'd love this but its just going to result in trolling.

- Add environmental kills to the counselor objectives. If you catch a counselor at the phone box then shove the fuse in to their eye socket like the Part 7 party horn kill. If they're putting in the battery grab them by the back of the neck and smash their face against the engine block and slam the hood on them a couple times. Propeller, throat slash, gas tank, beat them with the gas tank? But what about the fuse? The fuse is a permanent repair and once the cops arrive, there they stay until the end of the game. If Jason can inadvertantly, unknowingly, permanently ruin the fuse, why not? 

I'm all for more environmental kills, this is where I could maybe be on board your instant environmental kill idea. If a counselor is caught installing a battery, Jason can slam the hood on their head - or something of that nature. That would build the tension you were looking for with environmental kills but just around objectives.

Maybe they're great ideas, maybe they're shit. Point is the game needs to be a horror game and it needs real tension. If the game play were slowed down and there were greater consequences for players' choices it might help. I highly doubt most Jason players would really mind if the game had more stalk, ambush, scare, and epic kills. I don't think they'd be opposed to a little adjustment to the pace. The counselor players? I'd like it. It could push the game more in Jason's favor, in my opinion it should, but maybe counselors should all get a survival bonus if they can work together to ensure there's that one survivor. Two survivors? Survival bonus x2. 

Okay enough with the novella.

I somewhat agree here! Commented in yellow with feedback, mostly expanding upon your ideas.

Maybe once Jason enters rage give him a resist stun boost.  Possibly go as far as have knives not work.  At the start you can pound on him all you want, but once rage kicks in, look out.

I don't want to deter people from making suggestions but I'm genuinely beginning to feel like we're all pissing in the wind with this. The Jason nerf happened a quarter of a year ago and even more nerfs have been added not long ago. I really don't think anything will change now. It's a shame, as I thoroughly enjoyed playing F13 when it was a survival horror game during May through to October. In September/October I was regularly saying it's one of the best gaming experiences I'd ever had. The arrival of Part 4 Jason and the Jarvis House map only enforced that notion. The eerie map layout, weather FX, the cinematic Jason kills amongst a host of other things all felt like solid progression. It really was quite impressive.

Then the October patch dropped. :( As it stands - the December 2016 beta of an unfinished game is a more superior, tenser, enjoyable experience to the supposedly "patched-up" and "improved" game we now have in January 2018.

The teenybopper dance off players won't last forever and the players who were/are in it for the long haul are dropping like flies.

Please. Do something.   

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DasMurich said:

Remove the ability for Jason to kill with slashing, throwing knives, and traps. This should all result in taking a counselor to the point of limping and that's it. Jason has cool kills that you hired Kane to act out and have even given us additions via paid DLC. We want to use them!

1. Can't kill a counselor with slashing? So I'm forced to grab them and take 3 pocket knives to the neck or have other counselors chain stun me non stop for a kill.

2. Can't use throwing knives to kill? Looks like Jason used them in the movies to kill. They already have a bug that forces them to pass through a counselor with no damage. I never grab them because of bugs and high ping in QP.

3. Traps can't kill counselors? Counselors would tank every trap knowing they won't die. Then heal themselves with 1 spray. Good thing medic allows 2 uses. 😄

You would only want us to kill counselors with grab kills.

Most of the time there is not enough room to perform anything or enough time.

That is why players spam choke or headpunch. Any fast kill.

Bugs will lock up the kills often and not allow you to complete any kill.

The counselor will escape out of your grab when a bug happens.

There are bugs with environmental kills too.

No more nerfs to Jason. It's time to make him a badass again.

The counselors need the nerfs. Reduce shotguns, med sprays, and pocket knives.

Remove the window animation protection. No more waiting for a counselor to safely climb through a window and you can't do anything.

12 minutes ago, GhostWolfViking said:

1. Can't kill a counselor with slashing? So I'm forced to grab them and take 3 pocket knives to the neck or have other counselors chain stun me non stop for a kill.

2. Can't use throwing knives to kill? Looks like Jason used them in the movies to kill. They already have a bug that forces them to pass through a counselor with no damage. I never grab them because of bugs and high ping in QP.

3. Traps can't kill counselors? Counselors would tank every trap knowing they won't die. Then heal themselves with 1 spray. Good thing medic allows 2 uses. 😄

Lol that was meant to be in context with the ideas it followed, pocket knives are for traps only and reduce weapons by 50%. On it's own, yes, I would think It's not a great idea.

25 minutes ago, Splatterhouse said:

I don't want to deter people from making suggestions but I'm genuinely beginning to feel like we're all pissing in the wind with this.

This is the idea though, really, of the thread in the first place. Jason is, by design, a punching bag and it goes beyond the tweaking of numbers in the background which makes me feel it's probably past the point of no return with something as massive as just rebuilding it. I keep going back to these little clips of Last Year gameplay and I'm thinking they may have nailed it. Maybe. Time will tell but this game, Friday the 13th, should do it better. They've got Jason Voorhees to work with. Jason Fucking Voorhees!

6 minutes ago, DasMurich said:

This is the idea though, really, of the thread in the first place. Jason is, by design, a punching bag and it goes beyond the tweaking of numbers in the background which makes me feel it's probably past the point of no return with something as massive as just rebuilding it. I keep going back to these little clips of Last Year gameplay and I'm thinking they may have nailed it. Maybe. Time will tell but this game, Friday the 13th, should do it better. They've got Jason Voorhees to work with. Jason Fucking Voorhees!

"Jason is made for beating, and that's just what they'll do - one of these days this crotch is gonna tea bag over you" New Gun Media charity single now available on iTunes. All proceeds go towards the Easter Egg and Easter Bunny counselor clothing packs to be released on Easter Weekend.

Jokes side, I do agree Last Year is shaping up very nicely. Features all your favourite 80's slasher settings and I'm sure they've learned a thing or two about what and what doesn't work in atmosphere from this game.

6 hours ago, Tommy86 said:

Someone please post Xbox matches of offline, because I simply can't believe how anyone but bad players could have a challenging experience against bots.

At the very least maybe I can help you with your Jason gameplay. Because there's no way bots should be escaping via police or cars on you. 

Early in a round, with a bad morph point (meaning, I dropped it on the phone and it put me too far away) and no shift, Mitch was able to call the cops right in front of my eyes. They arrived by the time I found Tommy (who happened to be in the house near the exit) and he fought me off and escaped. I don't have that recorded though.

But I do have recordings of every Jason, on every map. I just have to edit and upload the rest. Here's one to start with. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Splatterhouse said:

I don't want to deter people from making suggestions but I'm genuinely beginning to feel like we're all pissing in the wind with this. The Jason nerf happened a quarter of a year ago and even more nerfs have been added not long ago. I really don't think anything will change now. It's a shame, as I thoroughly enjoyed playing F13 when it was a survival horror game during May through to October. In September/October I was regularly saying it's one of the best gaming experiences I'd ever had. The arrival of Part 4 Jason and the Jarvis House map only enforced that notion. The eerie map layout, weather FX, the cinematic Jason kills amongst a host of other things all felt like solid progression. It really was quite impressive.

Then the October patch dropped. :( As it stands - the December 2016 beta of an unfinished game is a more superior, tenser, enjoyable experience to the supposedly "patched-up" and "improved" game we now have in January 2018.

The teenybopper dance off players won't last forever and the players who were/are in it for the long haul are dropping like flies.

Please. Do something.   

I generally feel the suggestions just fall on deaf ears. I'm not saying people shouldn't post ideas or discuss them, it's just that it's not going to go anywhere. I know that's a pessimistic view but they've made it clear how they want this game to play. 

Sometimes I read threads like these and get bummed out because there are a lot of good ideas in them. It's too bad they won't be implemented. I wish we all had the game we want and deserve.

• Like 1

Can't count how many great ideas I've read and added on in this forum that have gone completely unused and ignored by the devs. Every patch and update caters to the "git gudders" who have been nothing but a festering wound upon this player base. My account sits at 130 right now, almost to 131. Do I care? Nope! I play private sometimes with people I like to play with, but mainly just to chat and laugh about whatever is going on with them. Bots are fun for a while, I do believe they get better as we play them on ps4. But, they're not a challenge. Mostly I don't even leave the shack till I get stalk. This game was my obsession for months until October, the bunnysuits? Loved ripping their guts out, shoving them in toilets and gleefully tearing them to shreds. But, then they cried, and cried, and cried.... And now here we are! It's my hope they will make it even again, not one-sided either way. Just even, I'll take that damn it! As someone who does NOT have a preference as counselor, I just wanna be able to counter from block like they can. Let them keep all their toys they cried for! But, for God's sake fix Jason so we're on even ground. Get rid of invisible barriers, if I can grab that bunny climbing thru a window, before she gets her back foot off the ground in front of me. I should be making rabbit stew for mommy back at the shack! Not watching her inside the cabin dancing in my face, telling me to git gud while showing me their trolling skillz! Why do the devs cater to them? Is this Jason's game? I could have SWORN the game I bought was Friday the 13th! Not happy bunny troll camp! Seriously, this game was sooooo badass! It's a shame they listened to the WRONG players in their player base!

15 minutes ago, Redrum138 said:

Can't count how many great ideas I've read and added on in this forum that have gone completely unused and ignored by the devs. Every patch and update caters to the "git gudders" who have been nothing but a festering wound upon this player base. My account sits at 130 right now, almost to 131. Do I care? Nope! I play private sometimes with people I like to play with, but mainly just to chat and laugh about whatever is going on with them. Bots are fun for a while, I do believe they get better as we play them on ps4. But, they're not a challenge. Mostly I don't even leave the shack till I get stalk. This game was my obsession for months until October, the bunnysuits? Loved ripping their guts out, shoving them in toilets and gleefully tearing them to shreds. But, then they cried, and cried, and cried.... And now here we are! It's my hope they will make it even again, not one-sided either way. Just even, I'll take that damn it! As someone who does NOT have a preference as counselor, I just wanna be able to counter from block like they can. Let them keep all their toys they cried for! But, for God's sake fix Jason so we're on even ground. Get rid of invisible barriers, if I can grab that bunny climbing thru a window, before she gets her back foot off the ground in front of me. I should be making rabbit stew for mommy back at the shack! Not watching her inside the cabin dancing in my face, telling me to git gud while showing me their trolling skillz! Why do the devs cater to them? Is this Jason's game? I could have SWORN the game I bought was Friday the 13th! Not happy bunny troll camp! Seriously, this game was sooooo badass! It's a shame they listened to the WRONG players in their player base!

Many things go unread by the Devs. They only focus on the important threads or the ones they are being made fun of on. I do not understand why they can't be there for their supporters. But about 95% of what you stated, I agree with. This game has some pretty great moments, but the happy moments are decreasing :( 

• Thanks 1

I don't think it matters what the developers read if they cannot relate to what they are reading. It's pretty clear that the devs aren't any good at their own game, that's the case with the vast majority of developers. They spend most of their time playing it amongst themselves during development, creating internal fantasies of how the game will work which ends up not aligning with how people actually play the game once it is out in the wild.