Jason being able to use a held counselor to body block instead of taking a stun to have them be dropped is total bullshit. One of Jason's few weaknesses is if the counselors actually work together, but this honestly removes a lot of the point of sticking together in groups. The most common argument for it by Jason players is that they don't know how else to kill people. Well as much as people may hate it, in that situation where someone keeps protecting another counselor, you can just slash. The game mechanic shouldn't exist in the first place and would honestly make teamwork more valuable than it already is & encourage Jason players to have to think rather than spam grab & just hold players in front of others for a cheap kill.

I was only pissed whenever someone walked in front of my fucking flare gun before I pulled the trigger and then I shoot them and not Jason 

I feel it's fair, I think it's a cool and realistic mechanic and Jason needs everything he can get at the moment.

• Thanks 1

I think it makes sense, and I like it.

Unfortunately I've not yet mastered that skill...! I try to use the grabbed counselor to block their attacks but it only rarely works for me. I wonder what I'm doing wrong. 

8 hours ago, fire930i said:

Jason being able to use a held counselor to body block instead of taking a stun to have them be dropped is total bullshit. One of Jason's few weaknesses is if the counselors actually work together, but this honestly removes a lot of the point of sticking together in groups. The most common argument for it by Jason players is that they don't know how else to kill people. Well as much as people may hate it, in that situation where someone keeps protecting another counselor, you can just slash. The game mechanic shouldn't exist in the first place and would honestly make teamwork more valuable than it already is & encourage Jason players to have to think rather than spam grab & just hold players in front of others for a cheap kill.

How is it cheap? IMO it's pretty tactical. It makes sense that if you slap your friend with a baseball bat then Jason wouldn't exactly react. Learn how to hit Jason instead of your friend and maybe you'll get somewhere. 

In the good ol' days of teamkilling, it was possible to kill your friend when attempting to grab save and suffer -1000xp, I honestly loved that risk but 'bodyblocking' is NOTHING in comparison to that. 

I'm almost level 150 and so far, I haven't failed a grab save, you just need to get better at it.

Again, remember to hit JASON, NOT your friend. 

• Like 1

I don't know, man. It seems like a pretty realistic Jason mechanic. Using a human shield fits inside his M.O.

...or at least letting one victim absorb the attack from the next victim.

9 hours ago, fire930i said:

Jason being able to use a held counselor to body block instead of taking a stun to have them be dropped is total bullshit. 

It is bullshit!

If Jason is holding someone and he uses them to block attacks, they should receive the damage, and Jason should certainly not be stunned, unless he tries to block a shotgun blast. And as long as the counselor is in his grasp, all Betrayals (which should only be capable of happening while in Jason's grip) should be scored for Jason. It'll make counselors think more before they act. It'll encourage precision and teamwork.

Jason has enough to think about.