TheHansonGoons

When did F13 end?

4 hours ago, Blaisy-Bas said:

Another rant, why did they change Jason’s appearance for every movie?

I mean sure even Jason needs some new clothes after slashing himself thru countless bodies, but why did they change the way his face looks so many freakin’ times.

I get that zombie Jason looks rotten and monterish but the part 2 to part 4 Jason’s were human Jason and no way in hell would he be able to change the shape of his face. It just kills the immersion for me.

his look changed in each movie mostly due to different costumers and makeup people designing the character,more than anything.

• Like 1

On 1/15/2018 at 4:34 AM, Blaisy-Bas said:

Another rant, why did they change Jason’s appearance for every movie?

I mean sure even Jason needs some new clothes after slashing himself thru countless bodies, but why did they change the way his face looks so many freakin’ times.

I get that zombie Jason looks rotten and monterish but the part 2 to part 4 Jason’s were human Jason and no way in hell would he be able to change the shape of his face. It just kills the immersion for me.

Each director and writer had different visions on how Jason should look...it does mess with continuity big time, but that doesn't really bother me too much. Except for one thing...

His unmasked look in New Blood was badass! But, apparently the creators of Jason Takes Manhattan thought Jason's face should resemble a rotting Jack-O-Lantern that makes noises like a surprised elephant.

hqdefault (1).jpg

On 15/01/2018 at 2:55 PM, JF13 said:

his look changed in each movie mostly due to different costumers and makeup people designing the character,more than anything.

Yea agreed but they should have went with the same look from Part II, the actor who played unmasked Jason was actually a different one from the potato sack Jason scenes solely for the unmasked window crashing scene, should have kept him for Part III and IV as well then.

1 hour ago, CoyT92 said:

Each director and writer had different visions on how Jason should look...it does mess with continuity big time, but that doesn't really bother me too much. Except for one thing...

His unmasked look in New Blood was badass! But, apparently the creators of Jason Takes Manhattan thought Jason's face should resemble a rotting Jack-O-Lantern that makes noises like a surprised elephant.

hqdefault (1).jpg

I think they should have stayed with the first unmasked look, would have been cool if he had long hair and a beard under the hockey mask tbh.

I think he only looked like that due to the acid maybe he looked more like a soaked up part 7 Jason before the acid dropped on his face, either way I agree it’s the worst Jason by far.

At least in the game they tried to adjust the face a little so it doesn’t look that bad.

Yeah, his unmasked look in the game is a step up for sure. But the movie version...damn, I mean, look at his left eye! Looks like an infected nipple.

I don’t even know how he can see since he doesn’t seem to have actual eyes.

The way he stumbles around in the sewer also made me cringe, this Jason can take bullets, hits, knives literally anything without being hurt but after getting some chlorox thrown at his face he’s suddenly in severe pain?

It just doesn’t fit well with the other movies

17 hours ago, Blaisy-Bas said:

I don’t even know how he can see since he doesn’t seem to have actual eyes.

The way he stumbles around in the sewer also made me cringe, this Jason can take bullets, hits, knives literally anything without being hurt but after getting some chlorox thrown at his face he’s suddenly in severe pain?

It just doesn’t fit well with the other movies

in the sewers,the bucket that Rennie threw in Jason's face was toxic waste.That's how they explained Jason's 'melted' look when he was unmasked.Also,Warrington Gillete only played the unmasked Jason in Part 2,due to the fact he wasn't being truthful about weather or not he was an actual stuntman.All that was covered in the book Crystal Lake Memories,so they had to get someone else to play Jason for the rest of the part 2 movie.I'd recommend getting the book or the DVD of Crystal Lake memories,since they did cover most of the controversies that went on during the making of the movies,however the book didn't cover the reboot,as the book was released a few years prior.The dvd,however includes the making of the reboot.

1 hour ago, JF13 said:

in the sewers,the bucket that Rennie threw in Jason's face was toxic waste.That's how they explained Jason's 'melted' look when he was unmasked.Also,Warrington Gillete only played the unmasked Jason in Part 2,due to the fact he wasn't being truthful about weather or not he was an actual stuntman.All that was covered in the book Crystal Lake Memories,so they had to get someone else to play Jason for the rest of the part 2 movie.I'd recommend getting the book or the DVD of Crystal Lake memories,since they did cover most of the controversies that went on during the making of the movies,however the book didn't cover the reboot,as the book was released a few years prior.The dvd,however includes the making of the reboot.

I am unfortunately not able to afford them as of now, they go for insane money on amazon in used condition and there is no ebook version either.

21 hours ago, Blaisy-Bas said:

I am unfortunately not able to afford them as of now, they go for insane money on amazon in used condition and there is no ebook version either.

the Crystal Lake Memories video recently got released in a double feature format with Never Sleep Again- The Elm Street Legacy on Bluray,i've seen it at local stores recently,like Walmart,Target,Best Buy,etc.,that one might be your best shot before it goes up real high.I don't buy from Amazon,usually their prices are even higher than Ebay's.

On 1/14/2018 at 7:01 PM, JF13 said:

I didn't mind much of Halloween- Resurrection,but yeah,i could of done without Busta Rhymes trying to karate kick Michael...lol...my favorite Halloween is the Producer's Cut of Halloween- Curse of Michael Myers.

I prefer the Producer's Cut of Halloween 6 to Resurrection, for the crap Part 6 got it plays a lot like the first Halloween in terms of music and mood. I wish they went with Daniel Farrands' idea for Halloween 8 instead.

5 hours ago, Beetlejuice91 said:

I prefer the Producer's Cut of Halloween 6 to Resurrection, for the crap Part 6 got it plays a lot like the first Halloween in terms of music and mood. I wish they went with Daniel Farrands' idea for Halloween 8 instead.

I don't think Halloween- Resurrection was all bad.It had it's moments.The one i watch the least is Rob Zombie's Halloween 2.The characters said the  F-word so many times it was ridiculous.It don't mind some swearing,but that movie did it like it was trying to see how many times they could cram that word into the movie,and that doesn't really do anything useful for me.I guess that comes from me growing up in an abusive home,dealing with abusive customers at my job,and being married into someone else's abusive family for 6 years before i walked out and filed for divorce.I get tired of hearing that stuff all the time.It's definately a turn off for me.

• Like 1

The last decent one before the reboot was Jason Lives, so to me, Jason is still chained to the bottom of the lake with a chunk of his mask missing. I like to think Never Hike Alone picks up where Jason Lives left off. If you pay attention to Jason's facial appearance in that fan film, it resembles Part VI. 

On 1/21/2018 at 6:53 PM, JF13 said:

I don't think Halloween- Resurrection was all bad.It had it's moments.The one i watch the least is Rob Zombie's Halloween 2.The characters said the  F-word so many times it was ridiculous.It don't mind some swearing,but that movie did it like it was trying to see how many times they could cram that word into the movie,and that doesn't really do anything useful for me.I guess that comes from me growing up in an abusive home,dealing with abusive customers at my job,and being married into someone else's abusive family for 6 years before i walked out and filed for divorce.I get tired of hearing that stuff all the time.It's definately a turn off for me.

Fair enough for Resurrection, I just though H20 ended the series perfectly and the switcheroo from Resurrection just copied off the ending from the Producer's Cut of Part 6.

I can see how you couldn't watch Rob Zombie's Halloween 2 with the swearing. It didn't look appealing to me and I thought the ending was just fine because I thought Rob was trying to make more Michael more realistic and less supernatural

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Beetlejuice91 said:

Fair enough for Resurrection, I just though H20 ended the series perfectly and the switcheroo from Resurrection just copied off the ending from the Producer's Cut of Part 6.

I can see how you couldn't watch Rob Zombie's Halloween 2 with the swearing. It didn't look appealing to me and I thought the ending was just fine because I thought Rob was trying to make more Michael more realistic and less supernatural

the thing i did like about Rob Zombie's Halloween 2 was the interaction between Danielle Harris and Brad Dourif.I thought they worked well with each other,it broke my heart that her character got killed by Michael,and that Brad was one of the ones that found her body.They did all their scenes well,and it's the reason i still watch that movie from time to time.

The original series continuity ended with Jason X (Freddy vs Jason chronologically coming before it). A new timeline was created when the series rebooted. 

I'm interested in seeing how a new film will play out. It may take a while for that to happen though. Hopefully the new Halloween will do well enough to get studios' gears turning and resolve copyright issues. 

As long as some one in Hollywood  wants to keep bringing back Jason he will never die.After the remake I was joking around with the  idea that next Friday the 13Th would be a found footage film.This was a joke low and behold they was working on a new film based on found footage their idea was to show how Jason keeps coming back to life.Which I told them that already been done with Jason Goes To Hell The Final Friday.I found the whole body jumping was rather weak.While I will not get credit for the idea.My joke/idea was a group of teens not believing  in the legend of Jason Voorhees decides to go to camp and document unfortunately they run into Jason who slaughter them all.And all that is found was the footage.After all Paramount successful franchise Paranormal Activity.The way a found footage can work is like the film Exist at the same time it never really felt like a found footage.Before filming what would be a found footage film Paramount 6 weeks later cancelled production  after Rings dismal box office performance.That was an idea and joke about Friday the 13Th.Which would the 13Th film in the series.Paramount after failing to make the new Friday The 13Th film all rights reverted back to Warner Bros and New Line Cinema.It's only of a matter of time when some one writes a kick ass story and Hollywood again resurrects him.No I don't think they should keep remaking the same film over and over again but surely you nor I will never see an end to Jason unless they decide that 12 films is enough.Horror will never die and icons like him will never rest in peace.If it was up to us all we would love to see an end to them all.New generation will ether love them or hate them.Like all other franchise before him will out lives us all.As my experience Freddy Vs Jason and F13Th,R.Z Halloween and ANOES 2010 remakes while I did see Halloween 20 years later at the drive inn was the only time I seen them on a big screen.In which younger fans seen the remakes they all asked me how many films they always heard about the original films but never got to see them.That same night they bought the entire original series.How to make each icon scary again much like original A Nightmare On Elm Street in which you barely seen Freddy and once you realized he horrible disfigured and burn victim that worked effective.Now horror films today are all about jump scares no build up no suspense and it really sucks.Halloween and F13Th and A Nightmare On Elm Street had suspense and build up.When that theme or rather a red herring that intense truly needs to come up.I will until the very day I die won't ever stop supporting the films.They can always come up with new and fun ways to make a Jason,Micheal and Freddy films.

• Like 2

Until part 7 Jason.The whole continuity issue with each sequel.Part II Jason gets sliced in the shoulder almost severing it.Part III his shoulder has no damage what so ever and it supposed to continue where the last one left.In part III Jason is stabbed above the knee in part IV he has no damage to his knee nor a limp which is shown in part III.Part V doesn't count as he not in the film.Part VI Jason is a little worse for wear other then his right eye is missing no shoulder damage or knee damage nor hand damage from Part IV.Part VII is what I refer to as the bad ass looking Jason he got all but of course the shoulder,knee or hand is apparently not damage at all.Now for part VIII Jason none of what happen to him in part VII  or any of the previous sequels is really visible.In fact Kane Hodder through out the film  had his face cut out and latex on his head till the very end before the toxic waste kills him.The same could be said with part IX Jason and part X Jason we don't see him unmask until he on board  The Grendel.3 times Kane Hodder wasn't required to be unmasked unless written in the script.Much like the hockey mask itself changes in every film.The special makeup     effects team who worked on the part III they was debuting on what mask Jason should wear well  the lead makeup man on set just so happen have a hockey mask with him the rest is history.Like Freddy  makeup kept changing over time or Micheal Myers mask kept changing through out the series.It never bothered me so much that make up change most purist are annoyed by it.Who would thought 39 years later all of us would still be talking about Jason.As long as they don't make him look goofy or complete CG render face I am pretty happy with the looks having the same look we might forget what film we are on.

• Like 2

I found a Part 6 unmasked head sculpt online. Can't help but think it would look cool with the zombified damage,  but human colored skin, and then put JGTH's strands of hair on the back of it's head. 

• Like 2

While I never read or seen Camp Crystal Lake Memories.The book or DVD I have is The Making Of Friday The 13Th Legend Of Camp Blood by David Grove which came out six months before Peter Bracke book.What shocked me is Peter talked to others who wasn't  really involved in Friday the 13Th film.David interview key members of every one involved.As much as I love late great Wes Craven he only visited the set  of the first film but played no part in it then then it has  Clive Barker who I also love.To me I rather read about the people who worked and was directly  involved with the films.David Grove book covers  the entire film series and the TV series which is a plus.I am not trying to knock on Peter book.Also His Name Was Jason was a truly amazing retrospective on Friday The 13Th film series.Over 30 years and 12 films later.I am not sure how The Making Of Friday The 13Th Legend Of Camp Blood goes for these days.I got it before Peter book hit shelves for $19.99 back when it was released.David book has rare never before seen photos including uncensored photos of Joey dead body from Friday the 13th part V New Beginning.This just honest opinion I say if you can find David Grove book added it to your collection and compare two books.